Forums
Guides
Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
    Pinned
    Mafia War Room: Figuratively, it's a game of soccer.
    • ~ Mafia Plaza III ~

Hey guys! Coming at you with a shiny new Mafia thread.

This thread will serve three purposes:

• Keep players up to date on all current and upcoming events.
      • Allow players to vote on submitted setups and organise suitable game times.
      • Provide a discussion space for players and GMs to exchange feedback, strategy, and some good, old-fashioned banter. :3

If you are completely new to Mafia, then firstly, welcome to the community! We recommend checking out @Foo’s Mafia guide/info thread for a detailed description on how to play. It’s worth noting that a few areas are somewhat out-of-date, specifically with regards to the Community Leaders and current submission process. But overall, it’s a handy resource for both first-time and experienced players alike.

Submitting a Game:

New to Mafia on ZU? Or perhaps you’re a returning veteran? The formalities of hosting a game may be a little different to what you remember or are familiar with on other sites. Make sure to give this section a once over if you have any queries about GMing a game of Mafia for yourself here on Zelda Universe!

Mafia submissions are to be carried out via the CC moderators. This is so that we can ensure each game gets the proper exposure it needs, and that it won’t clash with any large, pre-existing Community Events. If you’re interested in submitting a setup, simply reply to this thread, or alternatively, shoot a PM to either myself or @LadySunshine, with the number of players, bastard rating (see here for more on bastard ratings) and a brief description of your game. Feel free to use the following template as a guide:

Submission Template

- Game Title -

GM:

No. of Players:

Bastard Rating: /5

Description:

For the sake of fairness, a couple of old rules will still apply here, namely the prerequisites for submitting a game. That is, you will need to have participated in two or more games of Mafia on ZU, and there will need to have been at least one other game since your last time GMing.

And that’s about it, really! Vetting is no longer mandatory, however, we do strongly recommend that first-time GMs submit a list of roles along with their game, for the purposes of ensuring that the formalities are met. Of course, it goes without saying that experienced GMs are free to take up this precaution as well; whether it’s because you have concerns regarding the setup, questions about the running of Mafia, or maybe you’re just after some general feedback. We’re here to help!

Additionally, if you’d like a more extensive and in-depth analysis of your setup, some of the former brides, @Foo and @Avalanchemike, have offered their service as experienced vetters. You will likely need to contact them in advance if you wish for their assistance during the development of your game, as they will be taking the time out from their own schedule to review your setup.

Once your game has been submitted, it will be listed in the game queue at the end of this post, where it will be up for nomination during the next voting phase.

Voting Phase:

While voting is only really necessary at times when there are two or more setups in the game queue, we still require games to go through the voting process as a means of gauging community interest before they go live - even in those instances where your setup is the only listed for nomination.

Once your game is successfully chosen, congratulations! You are free to post your game hub and get started!

Game Queue:

Blank Game Template

- Game Title -

GM:

No. of Players:

Bastard Rating: /5

Description:

Current Events:

- Mafia XX?V?: Reservoir Cats -

Signups open!

Game Info

Reservoir Cats
      Anonymous Game
      Host: Aquamentus
      Theme: Reservoir Dogs Film (1992)
      No. of Players: 12 min - 20 max
      Bastard Rating: 1.5/5
      (Madness Rating: 1.5/5)
      Time: 24 hour days and nights each (standard)

"One of youse is bout to die - laying there in a puddle of blood. You are all stuck in the warehouse waiting for Eddie and trying to figure out which one of youse are the fucking rats. Boy oh boy was the heist a shit show but what's about to happen next will make make that hell hole you all crawled out of just the goddamn icing on the cake. Get ready to end these rats and go off on your cut from the diamonds, or wait till Joe Cabot pokes his god damn head through the door so the LAPD can come arrest him and save your asses you filthy rats."

Desc: An anonymous mafia game where each player is accompanied by the title "Mr." and a color. None of you know who anyone is. Among you are the mafia that are actually rats for the LAPD. Vote to lynch the rats (mafia) so you robbers can survive, escape, and win the game. The game consists of standard roles such as cop, doctor, vigilante, watcher, etc. Two modifiers are promised that include bulletproof, and macho. There might be a handful of roles that are unorthodox and uncommon such as saint. However 21 roles will be made public that consist of the actual roles used so there shouldn't be any shocking news or revelations besides whos whos at all throughout the game. It is a pretty classic game but with very few spices added on to it which are made known beforehand.

Spices:
      • There is the opportunity to obtain items through sheer luck that could be used to protect, investigate, or kill. How will players earn these items? At the beginning of the day, I'm going to post a list of 21 randomly generated phone numbers. X phone numbers have an item behind them (depends on the amount of players who sign up for this game). Players will choose a phone number and PM what they choose (or phone it in to DJ K-Billy). The day post will be edited with chosen numbers being scratched off. Call in the right number, you get the item behind it.
      • Roles like Gladiator, Janitor (the only possibility for misinformation), Saint, or Jack of All Trades might be possible. There is however a cop, a doctor, and a vigilante for a fact.
      • There is a third faction, Whether it be a serial killer, survivor, etc will not be divulged. It contains only one person for every 10 players.
      • Inspired by the Mafiascum Wiki - Large Set up -Reverse Mafia Game (not based on it but inspired)
      • As mentioned, it's a pretty straight cut game with hard opportunities to get items, and possibly some uncommon roles (as mentioned) that will be divulged before hand. Since time is limited for me, I'm not going to make this game hard. An easy game that is easy to run that is most likely not going to stray from the run of the mill classic mafia game.
      For any questions, please PM me and I'll respond. Thanks.

For all previous Mafia events, be sure to check out the Grand Library of Games in the Community Central Archive!

:cheers: Cheers, Zelda Universe! :cheers:

The post was edited 39 times, last by Kaylin ().

Post by Rambo ().

This post was deleted by the author themselves: sub ().

Post by Knight Hawk ().

This post was deleted by the author themselves ().
    • Kaylin wrote:

Mafia submissions are to be carried out via the CC moderators. This is so that we can ensure each game gets the proper exposure it needs, and that it won’t clash with any large, pre-existing Community Events. If you’re interested in submitting a setup, just shoot a PM to either myself, @Sólseturor @LadySunshine, with the number of players, bastard rating (see here for more on bastard ratings) and a brief description of your game.
      where was this discussed in the threads in public or in staff regarding this

“Gandalf put his hand on Pippin's head. "There never was much hope," he answered. "Just a fool's hope, as I have been told.”
      ― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Return of the King

• @Avalanchemike, @boxes, admin asked us to deal with modding, so the idea was to weed out any spam/help newer GMs feel comfortable with their games by discussing things in private beforehand. I also need to know so I can add it to the queue, lol, since we agreed that voting would be preferable.

Though, if you're confident enough to post your submission here straight off the bat, then I don't see why you shouldn't be able to do that either. I'll add it in, thanks for picking up on that!
    • Okay obviously I wasn't there for the discussion with admin but submitting games to CC mods at all sounds ... redundant/unnecessary?

E.g. if GMs want a second look at their game to build confidence that's what the former brides are for, spam in the thread can be deleted after it's posted (like any other section), posting in the plaza and getting enough likes/votes is adding the game to the queue. Like I don't understand this extra step, esp when I thought it was going to be a community-maintained thing?