Forums
Guides
Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
    Pinned
    Mafia War Room: Figuratively, it's a game of soccer.

Post by Aquamentus ().

This post was deleted by the author themselves ().
    • Oy Vey!

I've made the appropriate edits, 3 to 5 day cycles (although its only an estimation so it doesn't really matter, I'm just trying to not let the game draw on too long for go too quick) and the term standard has been removed. It was copy pasted off a little set up I had where the theme of multiple pre-made games had the same standard items published before so all I had to do was change the theme and roles. My apologies.

The main point being, the game is completely transparent, there are no surprises, like the possible roles and modifiers being published during the sign up thread (players will simply know of the possible roles, not who has those roles), the possible items will too.
      I'm hosting a Mafia game on Zu! It's based on the hit 1992 film, Reservoir Dogs! You should totally sign up and play this totally radtacular game!
      Mafia XX?V?: Reservoir Cats - SIGN UP

The post was edited 2 times, last by Aquamentus ().

• When I was reviewing the GM's Guide made by Foo, some of the things he mentions about what affects a bastard rating fell into my game. All the possible roles won't be used but some of the roles I may or may not use (because I don't want everyone to know ALL the active roles are and I change the definition of some from the Mafia Wiki) constitute a higher bastard rating. Also, there might very much be a role that misinforms or changes the game like a Nexus maybe so i'm not really at liberty to say. Furthermore, the possible modifiers used have a bit of a tweak that would possibly distort information or cause a great effect.

In this experimental game, I'm encouraging players to use their thinking caps a bit more. They have all the listed possible roles and modifiers (that may or may not be used, so I'd post maybe 15 roles and only 8-12 would be used) and if an event or something is to happen, I expect the collective group to figure it out based on the information given as opposed to just guessing out of an overwhelmingly large amount of possibilities from the Wiki. Both the modifiers and roles veer away from the traditional sense (I use the Mafia Wiki, so traditional sense in that case) and the whole vote for protection and punishment for voting for an innocent player are also non traditional mafia mechanics. So I felt that 3 was the appropriate bastard rating score based on the actual roles I will use and the overall setup.

As much as I would like to talk everyone's head off about my game, I don't really want to give away too much. If you have any further questions, comments, and/or concerns, please feel free to PM me and I will happily respond as the post was made for the purposes to read and vote (when necessary) upon and not to just check it. I'm confident in all the information that I have put in to the proposed game set up that took a great deal of time to make and think about. With that being said, I won't be answering anymore questions through this thread regarding my posted game as to not annoy everybody with notifications and small things. However I highly enjoy and strongly encourage PMs and will respond quickly and with grand detail if need be! Like I said, your much appreciated and lovely questions, comments, and concerns can readily be acknowledged via PMs. Thanks!
      I'm hosting a Mafia game on Zu! It's based on the hit 1992 film, Reservoir Dogs! You should totally sign up and play this totally radtacular game!

The post was edited 1 time, last by Aquamentus ().

• -Mafia 1 redux -

GM: me

No. of Players: 12+

Bastard Rating: 2/5

Description: Themeless mafia with conventional roles you can find on mafiawiki and the Mafia Flash from the days of yore. Like the first one I hosted.

Back in the office soon; loads of spare time. Anyone want a dollop of classic mafia? If anyone thinks this is a lazy attempt, I'm trading on my reputation which is pretty fab (best mafia player in '14 big up). And I host good.

The post was edited 4 times, last by interestingdrug ().

• Linkle wrote:

- Bungou Stray Dogs Mafia: Dead Apple -

GM: Linkle

No. of Players:

16 - 26

Depending on how many sign up, the game can be made larger, but 16 is to be expected.

If the proper number of players don’t show up within a reasonable amount of time, I may be forced to make it a bit smaller (e.g., 14 players), but I would rather avoid this if possible as it will require even more major alterations to the setup in regards to roles.

Bastard Rating:

4.5/5*

Description:

Despite the seemingly best efforts of Yokohama’s most well-known criminal organization, Dazai Osamu has yet again failed to die. Waking up in a strange place, he finds that an unlikely ally has taken him in and nursed him back to health. In return for joining a small but highly intelligent team of geniuses in a rather curious and foreboding cause, Dazai finally finds access to an ability that grants him the power to revive all those he knew who were lost, thus reversing the effects of the great conflict that occurred over a year ago.

But all is not well; those who were lost awake to find the city they knew so well to be covered in a thick and mysterious fog, with Dazai now nowhere to be found, and their own special abilities separated from their bodies and trying to kill them.

What will become of our protagonists? Have they revived only to fall once again, or will they this time survive and come together despite their differences to save their homeland...and maybe even the world?

There’s only one way to find out…

*I have two unique roles in here which I felt might bump it up to 4/5, and although there is little misinformation in this game on the part of the GM, I chose to still put it up to 4.5/5 just to be on the safe side, as 5/5 would, in my opinion, be far too high of an overstatement. Therefore, just be aware to take the 4.5/5 rating with a small grain of salt simply because it may actually only be considered a 4/5 Bastard game to most.

See the Game Hub for full notes on how to expect this game to differ.

Celebrating 3 whole years of ZU membership -- 8/22/2015 - 8/22/2018
    • When will we commence voting out of curiosity? We have 3 solid games, and its been 3 days after the last game and there isn't any additional feedback or dialogue regarding the last game currently. I honestly forgot, do we have a set of guidelines regarding when voting commences (just for future reference is all)?
    • Something has come up irl that would disallow me to direct a great deal of activity needed to host a game. So, unfortunately I have to remove my game from admission to vote on. I'll be sure to put it back up when I'll have the time again in the near future. My apologies.
    • Aquamentus wrote:

Something has come up irl that would disallow me to direct a great deal of activity needed to host a game. So, unfortunately I have to remove my game from admission to vote on. I'll be sure to put it back up when I'll have the time again in the near future. My apologies.

All good. Real life comes first. Look forward to your game hopefully sooner rather than later!

Okay guys, here are the two remaining games - voting begins now and will remain open until Friday. Feb. 15 (or it looks like one game is clearly getting more votes):

interestingdrug's game

interestingdrug wrote:

-Mafia 1 redux -

GM: me

No. of Players: 12+

Bastard Rating: 2/5

Description: Themeless mafia with conventional roles you can find on mafiawiki and the Mafia Flash from the days of yore. Like the first one I hosted.

Back in the office soon; loads of spare time. Anyone want a dollop of classic mafia? If anyone thinks this is a lazy attempt, I'm trading on my reputation which is pretty fab (best mafia player in '14 big up). And I host good.

Linkle's game

Linkle wrote:

Linkle wrote:

- Bungou Stray Dogs Mafia: Dead Apple -

GM: Linkle

No. of Players:

16 - 26

Depending on how many sign up, the game can be made larger, but 16 is to be expected.

If the proper number of players don’t show up within a reasonable amount of time, I may be forced to make it a bit smaller (e.g., 14 players), but I would rather avoid this if possible as it will require even more major alterations to the setup in regards to roles.

Bastard Rating:

4.5/5*

Description:

Despite the seemingly best efforts of Yokohama’s most well-known criminal organization, Dazai Osamu has yet again failed to die. Waking up in a strange place, he finds that an unlikely ally has taken him in and nursed him back to health. In return for joining a small but highly intelligent team of geniuses in a rather curious and foreboding cause, Dazai finally finds access to an ability that grants him the power to revive all those he knew who were lost, thus reversing the effects of the great conflict that occurred over a year ago.

But all is not well; those who were lost awake to find the city they knew so well to be covered in a thick and mysterious fog, with Dazai now nowhere to be found, and their own special abilities separated from their bodies and trying to kill them.

What will become of our protagonists? Have they revived only to fall once again, or will they this time survive and come together despite their differences to save their homeland...and maybe even the world?

There’s only one way to find out…

*I have two unique roles in here which I felt might bump it up to 4/5, and although there is little misinformation in this game on the part of the GM, I chose to still put it up to 4.5/5 just to be on the safe side, as 5/5 would, in my opinion, be far too high of an overstatement. Therefore, just be aware to take the 4.5/5 rating with a small grain of salt simply because it may actually only be considered a 4/5 Bastard game to most.

See the Game Hub for full notes on how to expect this game to differ.

Sig & Avvy by Lady Sunshine, the most wonderful girl in the world