Forums
Guides
Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
Who is the 'evil' horned statue near hateno village
  • In the outskirts of hateno village is the horned statue who swaps your heart containers for stamina
    Is he a 'demon' we have seen in the series before like ghirahim :fabulous:
    or is he new. also how old is the statue it's said hylia imprisoned him so was this during ss and how come we haven't seen this statue before.

also how come the villagers of hateno village haven't noticed him :mob:
    You've Met A Terrible Fate

Haven't You

:fabulous:
  • Is he batreaux
    the share alot of features in common wings, horns
    but their personalities are different
    and batreaux in ss becomes hylian/human.
    I propose a time split
    one time line demise loses but reincarnates as ganondorf
    another the hylians after ss advance in technology and demise reincarnates as calamity ganon
    in this time line perhaps link dies so batreaux never transforms to a hylian/human and turns evil.
    however there is another demon he may be this is Vire from the oracle games
    this is unlikely as he is not in hyrule in those games
    however he shares a similar appearance to the horned statue and a similar personality.
    being evil :evil:
    Images
    • Vire_(Oracle_of_Ages_and_Oracle_of_Seasons).png

115.82 kB, 350×245, viewed 216 times
    • Batreaux.png

101.05 kB, 350×322, viewed 253 times

Haven't You

The post was edited 1 time, last by MajoraMaster08 ().

• I pretty sure the horned statue isn't "evil" per say. But I'm the guy who likes to make up stories about satan and Cthulhu being good guys and teaming up to save the world sooo...

On a seperate note: BotW can not take place after a SS timeline split because

A. Demise wouldn't reincarnate if link didn't kill him. He would just take over hyrule as is.

B. The hylians only came to the ground of hyrule because of link. And besides: if link had died demise would have killed everyone.

Sig by TruEdge67, Glorious Newbie Overlord
  • Foreigner55 wrote:

I pretty sure the horned statue isn't "evil" per say. But I'm the guy who likes to make up stories about satan and Cthulhu being good guys and teaming up to save the world sooo...

On a seperate note: BotW can not take place after a SS timeline split because

A. Demise wouldn't reincarnate if link didn't kill him. He would just take over hyrule as is.

B. The hylians only came to the ground of hyrule because of link. And besides: if link had died demise would have killed everyone.
    do you recon he is a 'demon' we have seen before
    or just a completely new character

Haven't You

• Really, it's a subtle thing. The Faustian Bargain that's taking place here (your health/vitality for rupees) could lead to people sacrificing a healthy life for greed.

Say you want to buy health that borders on immortality by exchanging your stamina vessels and a hefty sum of rupees to gain a great deal of hearts.
    But now, you've run so low on stamina that one day, you fall into a lake, and you're too frail to swim up. You spend an agonizingly long time under water waiting for your health to run out. The statue smiles.

Anyways, I highly doubt anything I just said is true; this is more like a callback to the Mad Batter.
    This creature came out of a statue if you sprinkled magic powder on it, and then "cursed you" so you would be able to carry more things.

Partial signature credit to Eternalegend
  • The Horned Statue is obviously Majora!

Foreigner55 wrote:

You could say the same thing for Ganon beating Link in OoT!

Foreigner55 wrote:

Don't forget that Impa is still there. Also, if Zelda manages to wake, she would be able to use her remaining divine power to seal or obliterate Demise. Either way, just like with Ganon, the people will find some way of stopping Demise regardless, and the people will return the surface anyways. However, with Link beat up, he had to be put into stasis to recover. Meanwhile, Impa would consider Link unworthy of being the Hero and Zelda's Husband. I explained in the headcanons thread post with a headcanon I made, that the SS Link is defeated scenario would lead into the surface becoming Termina instead of Hyrule. That is, until OoT Link comes in and inspires people to make Termina into the Hyrule of that world, and to have a hero to protect said land.

This explains why Demise didn't reincarnate as Ganon yet during MM in that timeline, and why the Rova sisters are good in MM. Demise had no reason to reincarnate yet at the time and the Rova had no reason to be evil at the time because of that. So when Link stumbles upon the land in MM, Link inspires everyone, the Triforce is found, Hyrule is finally established, and then they have a hero. So, because the "light" of hope that Link "shined" upon the land, Demise had reason to finally return as Ganon. Thus, eventually leads into BotW and so forth.

Edit:

MajoraMaster08 wrote:

or is he new. also how old is the statue it's said hylia imprisoned him so was this during ss and how come we haven't seen this statue before.

also how come the villagers of hateno village haven't noticed him
    Where the gender confirmed for the spirit of this statue? What makes you think it's a dude?

The post was edited 1 time, last by PJC ().

• VitamLink92 wrote:

The Horned Statue is obviously Majora!

Foreigner55 wrote:

Foreigner55 wrote:

Don't forget that Impa is still there. Also, if Zelda manages to wake, she would be able to use her remaining divine power to seal or obliterate Demise. Either way, just like with Ganon, the people will find some way of stopping Demise regardless, and the people will return the surface anyways. However, with Link beat up, he had to be put into stasis to recover. Meanwhile, Impa would consider Link unworthy of being the Hero and Zelda's Husband. I explained in the headcanons thread post with a headcanon I made, that the SS Link is defeated scenario would lead into the surface becoming Termina instead of Hyrule. That is, until OoT Link comes in and inspires people to make Termina into the Hyrule of that world, and to have a hero to protect said land.
    This explains why Demise didn't reincarnate as Ganon yet during MM in that timeline, and why the Rova sisters are good in MM. Demise had no reason to reincarnate yet at the time and the Rova had no reason to be evil at the time because of that. So when Link stumbles upon the land in MM, Link inspires everyone, the Triforce is found, Hyrule is finally established, and then they have a hero. So, because the "light" of hope that Link "shined" upon the land, Demise had reason to finally return as Ganon. Thus, eventually leads into BotW and so forth.

Edit:

MajoraMaster08 wrote:

Where the gender confirmed for the spirit of this statue? What makes you think it's a dude?
    First: dude is a gender neutral term second: it's natural. Men have lived as "superior" to women for so long (it's sad but true) and things like video game and book characters have been male for so long (both are changing thankfully) that we are used to things being male and default to that. Personally I believe that if females can go through periods and birth that they are way tougher than us men.

• Foreigner55 wrote:

VitamLink92 wrote:

Foreigner55 wrote:

Foreigner55 wrote:

Don't forget that Impa is still there. Also, if Zelda manages to wake, she would be able to use her remaining divine power to seal or obliterate Demise. Either way, just like with Ganon, the people will find some way of stopping Demise regardless, and the people will return the surface anyways. However, with Link beat up, he had to be put into stasis to recover. Meanwhile, Impa would consider Link unworthy of being the Hero and Zelda's Husband. I explained in the headcanons thread post with a headcanon I made, that the SS Link is defeated scenario would lead into the surface becoming Termina instead of Hyrule. That is, until OoT Link comes in and inspires people to make Termina into the Hyrule of that world, and to have a hero to protect said land.This explains why Demise didn't reincarnate as Ganon yet during MM in that timeline, and why the Rova sisters are good in MM. Demise had no reason to reincarnate yet at the time and the Rova had no reason to be evil at the time because of that. So when Link stumbles upon the land in MM, Link inspires everyone, the Triforce is found, Hyrule is finally established, and then they have a hero. So, because the "light" of hope that Link "shined" upon the land, Demise had reason to finally return as Ganon. Thus, eventually leads into BotW and so forth.

Edit:

MajoraMaster08 wrote:

First: dude is a gender neutral term second: it's natural. Men have lived as "superior" to women for so long (it's sad but true) and things like video game and book characters have been male for so long (both are changing thankfully) that we are used to things being male and default to that. Personally I believe that if females can go through periods and birth that they are way tougher than us men.
    I know that dude is sadly and unfortunately treated as a gender neutral term which makes no cause it sounds too masculine. I remember when dudette was thing, but it didn't last long. But it made more sense to use that term for female dudes rather than just calling them dudes. I think it's stupid and sexist in my opinion. It's basically saying a girl isn't feminine, which is rude. And the that girls don't seem to be bothered by this, really worries me.

I understand that terms and titles like Captain can work for women. But dude just can't. I'm sorry. When I think of the word dude, I think of boys, not as person in general, regardless of gender. Dude is a masculine term and should've continued be treated such. None of this PC garbage! And yes, women are tougher than men. Which is why they shouldn't be referred to by such degrading masculine terms like dude! This is why I am a feminist! I'm sick the way women are treated in this world, where men think this character or that character can't be a women for such and such reasons, like "oh this a men only thing, blah blah blah.". I'm so sick of the masculine supremacy in this world!

There should be a movement to make dude a male exclusive term again, and maybe bring the term dudette back for the women! Or maybe babe should just be female version. Yes, another thing that I'm tired of, is the misuse of the term babe. Babe is supposed to be female exclusive term, similar to dude. Yes, I know that there was a male baseball player named Babe. But that just happened to be his name, for some reason. Maybe because when he was a baby, he was such a cute sweet baby, his parents just naturally called him Babe.

Anyways, I'm still standing by my point about the statue being Majora, who, to me, personally, is a women.

• VitamLink92 wrote:

Foreigner55 wrote:

VitamLink92 wrote:

Foreigner55 wrote:

Foreigner55 wrote:

Don't forget that Impa is still there. Also, if Zelda manages to wake, she would be able to use her remaining divine power to seal or obliterate Demise. Either way, just like with Ganon, the people will find some way of stopping Demise regardless, and the people will return the surface anyways. However, with Link beat up, he had to be put into stasis to recover. Meanwhile, Impa would consider Link unworthy of being the Hero and Zelda's Husband. I explained in the headcanons thread post with a headcanon I made, that the SS Link is defeated scenario would lead into the surface becoming Termina instead of Hyrule. That is, until OoT Link comes in and inspires people to make Termina into the Hyrule of that world, and to have a hero to protect said land.This explains why Demise didn't reincarnate as Ganon yet during MM in that timeline, and why the Rova sisters are good in MM. Demise had no reason to reincarnate yet at the time and the Rova had no reason to be evil at the time because of that. So when Link stumbles upon the land in MM, Link inspires everyone, the Triforce is found, Hyrule is finally established, and then they have a hero. So, because the "light" of hope that Link "shined" upon the land, Demise had reason to finally return as Ganon. Thus, eventually leads into BotW and so forth.
    Edit:

MajoraMaster08 wrote:

I know that dude is sadly and unfortunately treated as a gender neutral term which makes no cause it sounds too masculine. I remember when dudette was thing, but it didn't last long. But it made more sense to use that term for female dudes rather than just calling them dudes. I think it's stupid and sexist in my opinion. It's basically saying a girl isn't feminine, which is rude. And the that girls don't seem to be bothered by this, really worries me.
    I understand that terms and titles like Captain can work for women. But dude just can't. I'm sorry. When I think of the word dude, I think of boys, not as person in general, regardless of gender. Dude is a masculine term and should've continued be treated such. None of this PC garbage! And yes, women are tougher than men. Which is why they shouldn't be referred to by such degrading masculine terms like dude! This is why I am a feminist! I'm sick the way women are treated in this world, where men think this character or that character can't be a women for such and such reasons, like "oh this a men only thing, blah blah blah.". I'm so sick of the masculine supremacy in this world!

There should be a movement to make dude a male exclusive term again, and maybe bring the term dudette back for the women! Or maybe babe should just be female version. Yes, another thing that I'm tired of, is the misuse of the term babe. Babe is supposed to be female exclusive term, similar to dude. Yes, I know that there was a male baseball player named Babe. But that just happened to be his name, for some reason. Maybe because when he was a baby, he was such a cute sweet baby, his parents just naturally called him Babe.

Anyways, I'm still standing by my point about the statue being Majora, who, to me, personally, is a women.
    That is actually really sexist. Babe Ruth wasn't actually named babe (I'm 100 percent sure it was a nickname or something) Babe is just another word for baby. Scriptures will refer to Jesus as a babe when he was a baby or ra as a babe in the dawn when the sun is just rising. You are contradicting your own statement by saying dude is a man only thing. It is a term that can be used as such and really just means "cool person" and since masculin supremacy used to be more of a thing only males could be cool hence dude being considered masculine. No terms started out as gender specific terms. And personally I find the word babe offensive because it is nigh exclusive to catcalling. (I'm a guy yet I'm relatively into feminism (like normal feminism not radical feminism) I'm just clarifying this now)

• Foreigner55 wrote:

First: dude is a gender neutral term second: it's natural.
    As language doesn't exist in a vacuum, "dude" carries heavy male connotations in both contemporary and historical contexts, so it makes some non-male trans people uncomfortable. They certainly don't consider it neutral and wouldn't appreciate it being applied to them, despite what you may think of it or how you intend to use it.

VitamLink92 wrote:

Where the gender confirmed for the spirit of this statue?
    zelda.gamepedia.com/Horned_Statue#cite_note-Quest-1
  • Foreigner55 wrote:

That is actually really sexist. Babe Ruth wasn't actually named babe (I'm 100 percent sure it was a nickname or something) Babe is just another word for baby. Scriptures will refer to Jesus as a babe when he was a baby or ra as a babe in the dawn when the sun is just rising. You are contradicting your own statement by saying dude is a man only thing. It is a term that can be used as such and really just means "cool person" and since masculin supremacy used to be more of a thing only males could be cool hence dude being considered masculine. No terms started out as gender specific terms. And personally I find the word babe offensive because it is nigh exclusive to catcalling. (I'm a guy yet I'm relatively into feminism (like normal feminism not radical feminism) I'm just clarifying this now)
    1) I am not sexist! Nothing that I said was sexist. Please don't act like a feminazi or sexinazi.
    2) If babe is just another word for baby, then what's so offensive about it? If I was my true inner gender (female) physically, I wouldn't mind being referred to as babe, cause I know a women being referred to as such means that they are thought of a being very beautiful and awesome people. It's no different than referring to a guy by the word dude.
    3) Dude is a very masculine term in my opinion. There is nothing that you can say or do to make me think otherwise. I was female physically, I wouldn't want to be referred to as a dude. That would offend me personally. Heck, just by being a transgender who hasn't transitioned I feel insulted by being called dude. I'd actually rather be called babe than dude.
    4) Dude was originally a male exclusive term. And babe was a female exclusive term. Watch entertainment from the last few decades (the 80's, 90's, and 2000's). Dude didn't really become a thing until much closer to the 2000's.

@Tony ZeldaWiki is not an official source.

• VitamLink92 wrote:

I am not sexist!

VitamLink92 wrote:

feminazi
    :coffee:

VitamLink92 wrote:

ZeldaWiki is not an official source.
    Irrelevant. The specific portion I linked is a direct quote from the game, academically known as a citation, which means you can directly verify it yourself if you're so insistent on being obstinate.

You'll find it as the first entry in the Quest log for "The Statue's Bargain".