Forums
Guides
Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
    Xenoblade Chronicles 2
    • @Cornelius Fudge So in other words... practically, the only way is to simply find those 3 only overdrive protocols that exists in the world, unless you wait for far later in the game or are prepared to "walk to the end of the world" in order to get one of these. I am glad though, that these protocols actually have 3 specific locations, and aren't randomly generated as often is the case. That was probably the most frustrating part of the first Xenoblade, to search aimlessly after those damn orbs and ready to do so for hours if you really wanted to complete a sidequest or build up Colony 6. That is just bad design if you ask me.

      Oddly enough, rare stuff like this makes you appreciate these kind of items more due to their ridiculous rareness, but yeah it is shit if you happened to use one by mistake or just "tested them out". I remember that I used my first just to see if it worked as I thought it did, and well that was a huge mistake on my part. But I didn't had a big need to change things up later anyway due to obvious reasons.

      And riiiight, now when you mention it regarding the level 4 specials and Pneuma. Obviously, now I remember that they told me all this, but it is easy to forget I guess. I think it is dumb that you can't go back to tutorials and reread them as you could in the first game.

      In regards to Tiger Tiger, I think it was bad that that is the ONLY way in order to update Poppy. I mean, it isn't as much about limited development time/resources here, but more a poor design choice on Monolith's part. Why is that the only way? Why can't I buy these stuff in some store or something with money? Locking something fundamental like this behind ONE retro-game is unacceptable and I remember how annoying it was to play that over and over again. I don't remember how many ether crystals I got per game, but my record was over 83 000 points. What is your record? And do you know if there are some special way to get more ether crystals per game except not getting hit, collect all treasures and collect all ether crystals?

      My second playthrough will be so much better since now I know what awaits me, and can plan much better what do do for the best outcome.
    • Just reached chapter 7.

      I wasn't exactly bored until now, but I'm finally starting to feel like this is a story worth giving a fuck about. Still not convinced about villain motivations being anything beyond pretty much "boo, humanity sucks so let's be evil" but I know there's still plenty of shit I don't know, and I'm looking forward to the moment I learn everything! Also even characters that made me go "why does this thing exist omg this game sucks" just kept improving as the game goes on to the point there's really no one in the main party I even remotely freaking dislike.

      Game didn't have the strongest start. At all. When I was around chapters 3-4 I was convinced that this would be the worst Xenoblade yet. But everything since the game started has been getting better and better pretty freaking consistently, and I super fucking glad it did.

      Great game man. It's 3:40 am. Just one more mission and I'll go to bed okay.
    • Yeah, the first few Chapters can be a real turnoff, both in terms of lore and game-play, but once the ball gets rolling it doesn't really stop. The ending can be very hit or miss for people... Probably a total miss if you didn't play the first game to appreciate what happens, but if you did, you'll probably have a smile on your face.

      It is for that reason that I disagree with people who say "you don't need to play the first one to truly appreciate it". I may have been guilty of saying this in the past myself, but after finishing the game I wholeheartedly take it back if I did, lol. I'd say if you didn't play the first game and like rather simple endings (it will seem simple since you won't understand the details), then you'll be fine, but if you don't, you'll be disappointed. If you did play the first game though and are able to read between the lines and see the red flags, what you learn in the last few Chapters can be pretty significant to you.

      "Just look above you... If it's something that can be stopped, then just try to stop it."

      The post was edited 2 times, last by Hylian Spectre ().

    • MVS wrote:

      @Hylian Spectre While you don't spoil anything specific, I just don't see the point in talking about connections when he clearly hasn't seen anything yet. The surprise is a big part of it, and it will not be a surprise if he know about it beforehand, so you should hide that part honestly.
      Oops, for some reason I read that he was in chapter 9. I kind of sped through here this morning I guess, my bad.

      "Just look above you... If it's something that can be stopped, then just try to stop it."
    • It's a fuckin sequel and is not differentiated from the original like Xenoblade Chronicles X was. I'm sorry, but having a connection between the first was no surprise for me. The surprise is in how it was handled and it was handled beautifully .

      @Khao

      Really? I found the game to be amazing once Chapter 3 rolled around and the game really started to pick up and give you extra tools to maximize the combat system including allowing you to use three blades and Mythra after Chapter 4.

      The post was edited 1 time, last by Cornelius Fudge ().

    • Khao wrote:

      TOO LATE

      (Nah, it's okay. Don't really mind knowing the fact that there is a connection as long as I don't know how exactly).
      (Just don't talk about it ever again ok lol.)

      Dang, sorry mate. Although to be fair, I'm pretty confident you're not going to suspect what's coming, haha. Hope you enjoy it either way.

      "Just look above you... If it's something that can be stopped, then just try to stop it."
    • Cornelius Fudge wrote:

      It's a fuckin sequel and is not differentiated from the original like Xenoblade Chronicles X was. I'm sorry, but having a connection between the first was no surprise for me. The surprise is in how it was handled and it was handled beautifully .
      tbf, Takahashi said the games are independent from each other, which lead many to believe the naming scheme is just another FF situation rather than indication that they're related.
    • Cornelius Fudge wrote:

      It's a fuckin sequel and is not differentiated from the original like Xenoblade Chronicles X was. I'm sorry, but having a connection between the first was no surprise for me. The surprise is in how it was handled and it was handled beautifully .
      Yeah, lol.

      Personally, the moment I saw Pyra for the first time I knew something was up, and I spent the entire game looking for the link... And then it became blatantly obvious to me once you meet Mythra and Rex started "seeing the future" in battle. That just sealed the deal, and the rest of the game was just one big hype train for me because I just knew it connected somehow. There was even a brief moment when I thought at first glance that the Land of Morytha was the ruin of Mechonis or something. The story in general captivated me after around Chapter 3, but from Chapter 7 onward, I was invested 200% and the brainstorming began.

      I also agree that they handled the connection quite beautifully in my opinion. Not something you'd guess, but it put a big stupid grin on my face regardless from the moment I knew until the credits rolled.

      "Just look above you... If it's something that can be stopped, then just try to stop it."
    • @Khao You can read this hidden text:

      I remember that so clearly lol, the same happened at the Old Factory. That stuff sucks, but I guess they wanted to make the blade's unique abilities outside of battle more important, so yeah. It still sucks though. If I am thinking right, you can just salvage a little, and then Dromarch will get higher in his "Ancient Wisdom"-ability. That was what I did, and it didn't take long. You have not salvaged much right? Because I hadn't at that point.

      And there are other unique blades that can use Ancient Wisdom too: Aegeaon and Perun. You must have Aegeaon by now right? But not Perun I assume? I didn't at that point, so I just salvaged a little, and then Dromarch leveled up in his ability.

      The worst part is that there are more of these later on in the game. But come just back here and we may help you out. :lol:

      The post was edited 5 times, last by MVS ().

    • So, here's some news that likely is of interest to a good amount of people here.

      Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Version 1.3.0 Is Set For Next Week

      I'll put the given information about the update in a spoiler too, check it out at your own risk though, as it may contain spoilers depending on how far you are in the game.
      Deets
      Quality of Life:
      • Blades can be locked so they aren’t accidentally released

      • The Core Crystal bonding scene can be skipped (finally)

      • When the mini-map is enlarged, icons form the skip travel map will be displayed

      • Easy Mode is being added

      • A new sorting option for items is being added
      Advanced New Game Mode:
      • Unlocked once you beat the game once

      • Torna’s Blades (Obrona, Sever, Perdido, and Cressidus) can be obtained and equipped Blades

      • Torna’s Drivers (Akhos, Patroka, and Mikhail) can be obtained and equipped as Blades

      • All Blades can be dispatched on Mercenary Missions

      • Adds new skills to Driver skill trees

      • A Driver’s level can be lowered at inns, granting more bonus EXP in battles

      • Bonus EXP can be spent on items, with one allowing you to hold more accessories

      • Things carried over:
      1. Driver Levels
      2. Unlocked skills for Drivers and Blades
      3. Blades
      4. Items and Gold
      5. Mercenary Ranking Level
      6. Town Development Level
      7. Unique Monster Kills
      8. Cutscenes
      *Quests, Heart to Hearts, Skip Travel Points, and Mercenary Missions don’t carry over

      All in all, this is looking to be good and honestly...I haven't played Xenoblade Chronicles 2 in awhile now, sort of just got bored after all I could really do was try to take on Super Bosses and grind the trust on my rare blades with pouch items in order to do their unique missions, so this update seems really promising.
    • Spoilers, beware:

      @Lord Vain Hmm thanks for the update. Apparently you can lower your level at the inns (and also get bonus EXP for doing so apparently if I understand it correctly). That is awesome, because if we couldn't I would most likely not play this advance mode. It is not fun to be overleveled. That is the reason I never played the counterpart of the original (yet I have beaten it three times, but never its version of this). But I haven't decide yet. I am still a bit skeptical that it will feel weird/off, like being able to have the three Torna Drives as blades, wtf? How will that even work? They have their death scenes after all and they are all flesh eaters so it doesn't make sense.
    • MVS wrote:

      Spoilers, beware:

      @Lord Vain Hmm thanks for the update. Apparently you can lower your level at the inns (and also get bonus EXP for doing so apparently if I understand it correctly). That is awesome, because if we couldn't I would most likely not play this advance mode. It is not fun to be overleveled. That is the reason I never played the counterpart of the original (yet I have beaten it three times, but never its version of this). But I haven't decide yet. I am still a bit skeptical that it will feel weird/off, like being able to have the three Torna Drives as blades, wtf? How will that even work? They have their death scenes after all and they are all flesh eaters so it doesn't make sense.
      Yeah, they're getting rather creative with the bonus EXP system, since it'll be useful for obtaining certain items too now apparently. As for the Torna Drivers, I don't think we're meant to look into it so much, though for all I know maybe the story may even be altered to make it so that you get them as blades when their deaths come up in the original story. Could even just be that they're throwing them in as bonus blades you can get in the Game+ to make fans who liked them happy, that really wouldn't surprise me. Them being Flesh Eaters doesn't matter in either case, since Nia is one and Rex is able to use here as a Blade.

      The post was edited 1 time, last by Lord Vain ().

    • @Lord Vain Sure you can use Nia as a blade, BUUUT she didn't die. And sure they can just throw them in as simple fan-service in one or another way (how stupid or random it may be). You may think I am ridiculous or sensitive now, but I don't like that at all. I really play Xenoblade for the story, and stuff like this ruins the experience for me. So that can be the silly reason why I will skip the advance mode. Xenoblade Chronicles 2 is a long game, and if I am going to play it again (which I will no matter what), I want the real thing, and no changes in vital aspects of the story. So yeah, I may boycott it. Just being able to skip all the tedious core crystal bonding scenes are good enough for me, because they were really a pain, to put it mildly.
    • @MVS Turns out GameXplain posted a short video going over some stuff and in it goes into more depth about them...

      Yeah, apparently you can just get them from Core Crystals and they're included solely due to the fact that it's New Game+, you've already beaten the game once at this point and know the whole deal, so they were thrown in just as extras more than likely to appease to fans. The overall story is going to be the same.