Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
    Xenoblade Chronicles 2
    • Done with the story.

Holy crap.

Will post shit later.

EDIT: Hey, just one quick question for now. (Chapter 10 spoilers obviously)

Something that wasn't too clear to me, is Klaus the exact same Klaus as the first XC's Claus? Or is this an almost-identical-alternate-universe Klaus? I feel like it was somehow implied that he was both the same and a different one at the same time. Like, there's talks about infinite universes and shit and obviously the first Xenoblade happens in a separate universe. But then he says that half his body was transported to a Xenoblade 1's universe? That's the part that confused me. Across both Xenoblades, is there a single Klaus that did the "hi i wanna be god" thing and was instantly split in two universes, one half for each Xenoblade? Or were there two Klauses in two universe that did the same fucking thing, leading to both universes to connect somehow? Obvisouly if I look at the cutscenes from both games, they're slightly different, but that could be simply due to 2 adding more detail to the same event. Shit makes more sense to me when it's just one Klaus, but I gotta make sure.

The post was edited 4 times, last by Khao ().

• Khao wrote:

Done with the story.

Holy crap.

Will post shit later.

Something that wasn't too clear to me, is Klaus the exact same Klaus as the first XC's Claus? Or is this an almost-identical-alternate-universe Klaus? I feel like it was somehow implied that he was both the same and a different one at the same time. Like, there's talks about infinite universes and shit and obviously the first Xenoblade happens in a separate universe. But then he says that half his body was transported to a Xenoblade 1's universe? That's the part that confused me. Across both Xenoblades, is there a single Klaus that did the "hi i wanna be god" thing and was instantly split in two universes, one half for each Xenoblade? Or were there two Klauses in two universe that did the same fucking thing, leading to both universes to connect somehow? Obvisouly if I look at the cutscenes from both games, they're slightly different, but that could be simply due to 2 adding more detail to the same event. Shit makes more sense to me when it's just one Klaus, but I gotta make sure.
      There is only one Klaus. By using the power of the Conduit, he ended up splitting himself in half, one of his halves ended up inShulk's parallel universe in which he became to be known as Zanza while the "original half" remains in Alrest which embodies everything Klaus believes in. I think it's heavily implied that they're two halves of the same person hence why Klaus can hear and see everything that happens with Zanza as well. Plus, we even hear Shulk through the blackhole as he prepares to kill Zanza which implies that both Klaus's original half and Zanza counterpart share the same fate as they both die concurrently.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Cornelius Fudge ().

• One thing that confuses me a bit though, and I have never seen anyone explain this in a great way... what about Galea/Meyneth? Why was she so weak compared to Zanza in the first game? Why isn't she split in half as well in the second game? Because she didn't pushed the button or something?

And another thing that regards the first game...
      Zanza said this right before the final battle:

"I will then create a new world, just as I have done many times before"

He says outright that he has done that many times before... is that even true? I thought this was the first time he tried to recreate the world (aside from the Klaus-event before). And another thing that always confused me was in the Egil-cutscene where it seemed like the Bionis and the Mechonis "lived in harmony" but that the monado (Zanza) didn't allow it. But Bionis was basically Zanza so wtf? Because from what I understand, from the very start Meyneth created her creations on Mechonis, and Zanza his creations on Bionis... and then for some reason he disappeared into the monado, which later Arglas took in his hands and got possessed by Zanza, and then "the intro of Xenoblade Chronicles" plays out and Zanza in Arglas' body gets inprisoned on Prison Island? Basically Zanza created his creations on Bionis, but later he got angry because the people of Bionis started to forget about him and then he started his "destruction and recreation"-shenanigans. But why did he wound up in the monado? Did he fought Meyneth/the Mechonis one time before as well? I am pretty confused about this.

Another confusing bit is the kind of paradox where Zanza both is in the monado and within Arglas on Prison Island at the same time. He can split himself in half or what is going on here?

I went a bit off topic, but this game is so connected with the original, and these questions have always bugged me, so it would be nice to get some answers.

The post was edited 3 times, last by MVS ().

• Khao wrote:

Done with the story.

Holy crap.

Will post shit later.

XC2 Klaus is the original Klaus, or at least half of him. His other half is in an alternate dimension, aka XC1, aka Zanza. So yeah, it's just one Klaus.
    • @MVS

Well from what the game suggests, Galea did also split in two just like Klaus. Her ego as Meyneth passed to the XC1 world, while part of her body seem to have been left behind and became that huge Guldo that seem to act as their queen.
      The difference of power between Meyneth and Zanza should be caused by Zanza being influenced by the Conduit directly.

To be fair that new world line could have multiple explanations, from him restartin the universe various times to him simply destroying life on Bionis various times and restarting later on, virtually creating a new world. Though when you add Klaus to the mix, Zanza has technically created 4 worlds:
      - Alrest
      - The original empty world of XC1
      - Bionis
      - The Titans.

So it kinda fits
    • @tlozbj
      Display Spoiler
      Why do you think Galea was that big monster? Is her name written on that card that Rex's pulls up from the ground or something? I couldn't make that out.

The "I will then create a new world, just as I have done many times before" is without a doubt my biggest issue with all this. No I don't think you can count the creation of Bionis and its creatures in the same way as the world literally. With "world" he most likely mean just world and nothing else. The game was all about destruction and recreation of the world. If he meant anything else he would probably mentioned that. I can buy if he count his time as Klaus, but that's one time, not "many times". And Zanza has nothing to do with the creation of Alrest or its titans. Klaus seem to be aware of what Zanza is doing, at least to some degree... but Zanza seem to be completely unaware of Klaus and the old world.

The post was edited 1 time, last by MVS ().

• Zanza is still a part of Klaus and if Klaus did create multiple different universes when he decided to use the Conduit, then it makes perfect sense why Zanza stated what he did. After all, even if Zanza is incognizant of everything seen by Klaus's "original half", he was still present when the Conduit created many different dimensions.

I also want to bring attention to this video:

Which provides data-mined information on how the algorithm for rare blade summons is handled.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Cornelius Fudge ().

• It annoys me without end that almost every single one of these type of videos have to show up a lot of rare blades without any reason to. This video in particular is even better by having Kos-Mos in the thumbnail... good job there. The people who has interest in these kind of videos most likely are people who struggle with this, so I really don't see the point in spoiling so much. I don't care THAT much on a personal level since I have most blades, though not all of them.

And in regards to Zanza. I get it. But the way he says it in the cutscene feels like he refers to that specific kind of scenario/event (ending one world to recreate a new). Not that single-time-event that was caused by Klaus. But whatever. I guess this is the best answer I am going to get.

• MVS wrote:

Display Spoiler

The "I will then create a new world, just as I have done many times before" is without a doubt my biggest issue with all this. No I don't think you can count the creation of Bionis and its creatures in the same way as the world literally. With "world" he most likely mean just world and nothing else. The game was all about destruction and recreation of the world. If he meant anything else he would probably mentioned that. I can buy if he count his time as Klaus, but that's one time, not "many times". And Zanza has nothing to do with the creation of Alrest or its titans. Klaus seem to be aware of what Zanza is doing, at least to some degree... but Zanza seem to be completely unaware of Klaus and the old world.

Display Spoiler
      From what I remember, the Bionis works as a cycle, and this cycle has most likely happened multiple times. Every single one of those times (devour all life, create new life) could be seen as the creation of a new world under Zanza's eyes. Alternatively, I don't see why he couldn't have created other worlds before Bionis. During the time there was a still just a single Alrest, Zanza may have been "restarting" his own universe with the creation of new worlds. Though there may be details I'm forgetting, like was it implied that Bionis and Mechonis were created immediately after Klaus used the Conduit? Could Zanza have created and destroyed several worlds before eventually settling on Bionis? 'Cause I really can't remember at the moment.

Oh, and about the difference in power with Galea/Meyneth. Isn't that literally just because of Alvis?

The post was edited 2 times, last by Khao ().

• @MVS

While her name isn't specifically shown in the card, you can make out her platinum hair and hair style from the glimpse we get of the card. So it is implied that it is her or that atleast she was closed when they came to be, close enough for what seems to be the monsters' queen to get her ID card.

And well to the Zanza part, pretty much what the other said.
    • I don't know if this was a stroke of luck, but I managed to get Vale, Floren, and Newt (unfortunately) all within 99 rare core crystals. Now I only have Agate, Kos-Mos, and the legendary Dagas left. Is it just me, but does legendary core crystal farming seem much harder than people claim it is? Perhaps it's because I killed the lvl 1 Arduran we're actually supposed to feed, but I feel it takes me longer than an hour that most people claim to farm 99 legendary core crystals from Reeking Douglas.
    • Fal'Cie wrote:

Are you using Adenine for her increase in drop rate?
      She isn't maxed out, but I realized that I have to actually have her out on the field. I looked up a guide to help me out and it suggested to have all gold chips on every blade (sucks cuz only 3 of my blades don't have a gold chip equipped cuz I already placed the Moon Matter chip on them) and use overclocking bangles and fast blade switches on Rex/Tora while I play as Nia with Adenine out to get the loot. I'll try this out and see how it goes.
    • Kemper wrote:

Oh man, if they had released this for the Nintendo Wii U I would definitely buy it straight away. I'm playing through Xenoblade chronicles for the first time and it's awesome.

Which one? The original on the Wii or X on the Wii U? I just assume that you have BotW on the Wii U, but it is inevitable that we will get at least one more Zelda on the Switch, add to that Metroid Prime 4 and Monolith Soft's next game. Just saying lol. But on the other hand, who knows how long we will have to wait for any of those, so perhaps you can as well wait then.

The post was edited 4 times, last by MVS ().

• MVS wrote:

Kemper wrote:

Oh man, if they had released this for the Nintendo Wii U I would definitely buy it straight away. I'm playing through Xenoblade chronicles for the first time and it's awesome.
      Which one? The original on the Wii or X on the Wii U? I just assume that you have BotW on the Wii U, but it is inevitable that we will get at least one more Zelda on the Switch, add to that Metroid Prime 4 and Monolith Soft's next game. Just saying lol. But on the other hand, who knows how long we will have to wait for any of those, so perhaps you can as well wait then.
      It's the original one on the Wii. I had it for years left gathering dust because I couldn't get past the first boss. It's the one with Shulk and the Monado and such in it.
    • Kemper wrote:

MVS wrote:

Kemper wrote:

It's the original one on the Wii. I had it for years left gathering dust because I couldn't get past the first boss. It's the one with Shulk and the Monado and such in it.

Which boss? If you remember?

I am very jealous nontheless. Wish I could delete my memory from that game completely and just replay it.

In regards to Xenoblade Chronicles 2, the RNG-bullshit is just horrible. I will go so far as to say that it is bad game design. A legendary core crystal should guarantee getting a unique blade. I can totally stand behind making the legendary cores WAY more rare to get, but WHEN you actually get one in your hands, it should be guaranteed.

Anyone here who actually managed to get every single one? Was it tedious for you? What was your strategy in getting rare- and legendary-core crystals? I have gold chips now on most of my active blades, so I am planning to get to some area and fight off some unique monsters in hope of getting many cores out of that.

• I've put it aside for the time being, I haven't even gotten close.

I agree there should be a guaranteed crystal, even if it is very rare. That way you feel a real accomplishment when grinding rather than "oh, there's another CHANCE at something great after all this hard work".
      My philosophy on the timeline now is the same as Winston Churchill’s:

“It is a mistake to look too far ahead. The chain of destiny can only be grasped one Link at a time.”
    • I gotta say, now that I'm done with the story and I can easily rank this game somewhere between X and the first Xenoblade...

I find that I have no desire whatsoever to keep playing.

I've found no joy with any sidequest so far, I actually just quit sidequests entirely somewhere around chapter 6 because I really wasn't enjoying them in the slightest. I literally never improved Poppi because I just don't want to go through that minigame thingy over and over again. And talking about sidequests and Poppi, I read about the Poppi QTπ thing and thought I might as well go do it before beating the game. I got the mission, and I thought the requirement was pretty annoying by itself. I spent like 20 minutes just farming a salvage point and went online looking for a better way, but then I learned that was just the first stage of the whole thing? No. Fuck it. This game actually manages to makes me miss those times when a shitty MMO would just make me collect 40000 monster skins for a couple of coins you couldn't use for anything relevant.

Everything related to blades is simply terrible and the thought of trying to get all the rares is absolutely horrifying. Even exploration is dragged down by field skills which are a huge pain in the ass to manage and acquire.

I loved the story, especially once we started learning more about how the world works. I loved the characters, easily my favorite cast through all three games. I really freaking enjoyed the combat once I actually understood every mechanic involved. I loved the music. Everything else seriously dragged the whole game down for me. I think I only started truly enjoying myself when I said "fuck it" and just started blindly following the main quest without looking back (and even then, shit like the field skills still showed up every now and then).

If it wasn't for the story and characters, I'd have no issues ranking this game below X. In the end, I loved the thing, but there was too much bullshit involved.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Khao ().

• @Khao

I did manage to get every pre-NG blade, but I had the most absurd luck post game in which many of my blades were obtained through rare core crystals each time I had 99 of them. I never did get a rare from a common after I beat the story though. I do know for many that it's absolute bullshit. It'd be some what okay if it wasn't for the fact that players can have specific advantages over others based solely on luck and it locks away specific content and character development away from certain players. That is frustrating to me.

Edit: For my setup, I used Rex with Pyra, Pandoria, and Roc, Nia being controlled with Adenine out, and Tora using the legendary beta scope. Poppi qtpi and Rex's blades should have fast blade switch aux cores and both should have over clocking bangles. The AI will literally do perpetual driver combos. Also have gold chips on every blade. That can be farmed by the Zeoth Serpunds at Tenperantia South of the base camp.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Cornelius Fudge ().