Forums
Guides
Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
    • Nintendo
    Pokémon Direct June 6/17
    • I am really not a Pokemon-guy, but that was really anticlimactic. Ultrasun and ultramoon? Are they serious? Really creative names I have to say. Only Pokken for Switch? Too bad Gold and Silver only comes for the 3DS and not the Switch.

Very underwhelming even for me. Really f***ing hoping that Nintendo are going to talk about the VC during their E3-presentation/Direct. Should have been there from day 1.

The post was edited 1 time, last by MVS ().

• The Switch continues its reputation as a Wii U port console. Like seriously Nintendo, I already have a Wii U. Do you even want me to want a Switch? You're failing miserably.

Pokemon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon are so meh because I found Pokemon Sun/Moon to be disappointing. At the very least let these games have a National Dex. I'm not holding my breath, though. The new female hairstyle is cute, though.

Pokemon Gold/Sun on the VC is pretty good news, but the omission of Crystal is very bothersome. Crystal was the first game where we could pick between a female and male trainer and for that reason it's the only of the three I even want.
    • Do these idiots ever learn? Yeah it's Gamefreak/Pokemon and all so dissapointment is par for the course at this point, but you'd think that after what happened with BW2 they'd learn their lesson and stop releasing mainline games on outdated hardware (this is made even worse by the fact that the freaking engine has been lagging ever since they made the 3D transition, there's nothing to be gained by staying in the 3DS).

Also Pokken... yeah I don't think console owners are very happy with that thing after being abandoned on the WiiU without any update whatsoever after release, I bought the damn thing back then and I'll never do it again.
    • As long as they port good and interesting games from the library of the Wii U I don't mind since I never owned one. But Pokken? Was that really a big hitter on the Wii U? I would be glad if they ported Super Mario 3D World, Xenoblade Chronicles X and Bayonetta 2. They can port as much as they want, as long as they also gives us good new games as well. And E3 has not even started yet so wait at least after that before calling them out.

The post was edited 1 time, last by MVS ().

• MVS wrote:

As long as they port good and interesting games from the library of the Wii U I don't mind since I never owned one. But Pokken? Was that really a big hitter on the Wii U? I would be glad if they ported Super Mario 3D World, Xenoblade Chronicles X and Bayonetta 2. They can port as much as they want, as long as they also gives us good new games as well. And E3 has not even started yet so wait at least after that before calling them out.

I feel like the Switch already has too much of a reputation as a port console, as opposed to new games. Switch exclusive first party titles that have been released... I can't name any. Are there any? In the near future there are Splatoon 2 and ARMS. Nice for people that are interested in those, but there's still more Wii U games trying to hold up the Switch.

It's very noticeable to a Wii U owner like me. The Switch needs to sell itself as a new console. So far the only game that sells it for me is Super Mario Odyssey.
    • Octorocker wrote:

Oh, I'd say Nintendo's E3 has started. This gives us a pretty good idea of what's still to come, and is pretty much what I expected from them.
      Not officially anyway, and I think there are a good reason why this was shown before the actual presentation and not during it. I am not hyped for E3, I almost forgot it is here in a week... but it is silly to think that their entire presentation where they have to hype up their brand new console will be at this level. No. Just no. Even if Nintendo would do a "BotW" this year with only Super Mario Odyssey... that alone would be more interesting than Pokken for Switch, but come on. Or else Nintendo are screwed for real. I have a real hard time imagining that even hardcore-Pokemon-fans were satisfied with this.
    • Envy wrote:

MVS wrote:

As long as they port good and interesting games from the library of the Wii U I don't mind since I never owned one. But Pokken? Was that really a big hitter on the Wii U? I would be glad if they ported Super Mario 3D World, Xenoblade Chronicles X and Bayonetta 2. They can port as much as they want, as long as they also gives us good new games as well. And E3 has not even started yet so wait at least after that before calling them out.
      I feel like the Switch already has too much of a reputation as a port console, as opposed to new games. Switch exclusive first party titles that have been released... I can't name any. Are there any? In the near future there are Splatoon 2 and ARMS. Nice for people that are interested in those, but there's still more Wii U games trying to hold up the Switch.

It's very noticeable to a Wii U owner like me. The Switch needs to sell itself as a new console. So far the only game that sells it for me is Super Mario Odyssey.
      I don't defend the launch line up for the Switch in any way, just to make that clear. But at the same time as hundreds have said before me, Switch is not alone in having sucky launch-line ups. From what I know Switch has no big exclusive games at the moment. Perhaps some obscure indie title I don't know, but no big hitter. The only two I have on the mind are Super Mario Odyssey and Xenoblade Chronicles 2, where the first will obviously be a november/december-title, and the latter will be a 2018/2019-title. I will judge Nintendo in a week after their presentation. The Switch has been out for 3 months now, so I am fairly tolerant that we don't know very much right now. And considering that there might be a lot of games that I have forgot about, since it was a while since I watched the Switch presentation... I am just going to wait till E3, watch it, and then drop my judgement.

The post was edited 3 times, last by MVS ().

• I wouldn't say I'm disappointed with the direct so much as just unsure what to think. Really, this is probably the least excited about a Pokemon game reveal I think I've ever been, I think that's mostly because they really didn't show anything aside from a few new Z-moves, customization options, and, of course NekroSolgaleo and NekroLunala. All of which is kinda to be expected. I think part of why I'm so unimpressed is because of my own imagination. I had always thought if they made a sequel to Sun/Moon that it would take place in Kanto and have Lillie as your rival, starting her own journey as a Pokemon trainer, inspired by Sun/Moon.

Pokken is great and all, and I love the idea of the accessibility of the Switch, but I'm still kinda salty that my money was basically wasted on the Wii U version, when they very easily could have made updates including the new characters in the arcade version, or at least released them as DLC.

In the end, I think I'm more excited about Gold/Silver on VC than anything else in the direct, because, now, any possible moveset across any game is now set to be tournament legal.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Aurafox ().