Forums
Guides
Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
    • Discussion
    What happened to the Zelda Wiki's page on Fangames?
    • After long deliberation among the staff with historical consideration of the quality, security and upkeep of the fan-game pages, it was decided that the best course of action would be to purge them from the Wiki and that further fan-game pages would be prohibited.

I'm not personally familiar with this "Shadowgazer" project, but I can confirm that if the information was in an article about a fan-game, it has since been removed.
    • Tony wrote:

After long deliberation among the staff with historical consideration of the quality, security and upkeep of the fan-game pages, it was decided that the best course of action would be to purge them from the Wiki and that further fan-game pages would be prohibited.

I'm not personally familiar with this "Shadowgazer" project, but I can confirm that if the information was in an article about a fan-game, it has since been removed.
      Dang. I was gonna reread it to find if there was any information I had missed.

Also, since you are unfamiliar with the Shadowgazer, lemme give you a rundown.

Some guy called KingMob decided to make a fangame based on Minish Cap, he made a working demo, and created a couple of trailers, and a working boss fight (all of which you can find videos for online) and you can clearly see a lot of effort and love put into it. At some point KingMob was approached by somebody to make a game, and he decided to give Shadowgazer a massive overhaul, turning it into an original game. The process from converting the game from Zelda to Original was a long difficult task, by the end of which the offer was rescinded and KingMob lost all motivation. He has not been heard from since. Many years later I found a fellow fan game maker whom worked with KingMob on another project prior to Shadowgazer. He explained the reasons for his disappearance, and tried to see if he could get me any contact details, which he couldn't find.

I wanted to reread the wiki page to see if there was any contact details that I may have missed, because I remember it getting its own dedicated wiki page.