Forums
Guides
Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
    Pinned
    Entertainment Forum General Chat Thread
    • Here's the first trailer for Star Trek: Picard.

A common speculation I've seen is that the "rescue armada" was the evacuation of Romulus, and Picard left Starfleet because of their reticence to commit resources to the evacuation, but it doesn't fit either the timeline or what's said. Why would someone (implied to be from) Starfleet call the evacuation of Romulus "lead[ing] us out of the darkness"? I suppose it's still possible.

I do like that the trailer doesn't focus on flashy spaceships and phaser beams. One thing I've always appreciated about Star Trek is its acknowledgement that even hundreds of years in the future, there will still be, you know, dirt and stuff outside. Picard taking over his late brother's vineyard is nice. At the same time, it's still clear it's the future. Hover tractor!

I know we have a few Star Trek fans here—is anyone interested in a thread?
      "But I don't want comfort. I want God, I want poetry, I want real danger, I want freedom, I want goodness. I want sin."
      "In fact," said Mustapha Mond, "you're claiming the right to be unhappy."
      "All right then," said the Savage defiantly, "I'm claiming the right to be unhappy."
      "Not to mention the right to grow old and ugly and impotent; the right to have syphilis and cancer; the right to have too little to eat; the right to be lousy; the right to live in constant apprehension of what may happen to-morrow; the right to catch typhoid; the right to be tortured by unspeakable pains of every kind." There was a long silence.
      "I claim them all," said the Savage at last.
      Mustapha Mond shrugged his shoulders. "You're welcome," he said.

—Aldous Huxley, Brave New World

The post was edited 3 times, last by Vulpes ().