Forums
Guides
Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
    DLC story holiday 2017
    • I wouldn't be upset if the new dungeon is the Sky Keep, whether it ends up being underneath the forgotten temple or underneath the Great Plateau.

I think something is underneath the great plateau, those walls look like more than just retainer walls (although the great plateau seems too big to be the remains of the sky keep)

Or perhaps they find the Great Palace from AoL.

Or maybe they find a new huge shrine, that only awakens after the Calamity is sealed again.

Whatever it is, I want it to be heavily story driven and expand on the main story in some respect.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Castigear ().

• I am calling it now, we will get a Korok divine beast and a forgotten Korok champion. It turns out that the fifth divine beast got lost in Lost Woods and was never seen again, till you pay for the DLC that is.

But seriously, I hope it will not be a fifth divine beast of any kind, or any similar. Really hope the dungeon will be really different from shrines, divine beasts or Hyrule Castle. Like a modern take on classic 3D-dungeons. Like the ones from Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword... but fresh, modern and new (like how Hyrule Castle in BotW was different (and superior) to the Hyrule Castle in Twilight Princess).

I am dreading that we will get a very similar story + dungeon-structure like the ones we got with the divine beasts with little backstory/memories of a new character that is precisely like a champion but with another title. I really do expect that and that would suck.

The post was edited 1 time, last by MVS ().

Post by MVS ().

This post was deleted by the author themselves: Went off topic, took the post to another thread instead ().
    • ich Will wrote:

Castigear wrote:

ich Will wrote:

Another dungeon sounds interesting though, could it be another Divine Beast? If so I'm curious what it's based on, perhaps the Hylians or Koroks have their own?
      obviously the Hylian Divine Beast forms the head and torso of a bipedal mega-divine beast along with the other four.
      You're joking (sounds like something out of Power Rangers), but I'm not sure I'd be against a humanoid DB. They can't use a bird as that's already taken, so what else could they go with?

Sorry, can't resist:

"It's Champion Time!" "Zora Elephant!" "Rito Bird!" "Goron Dodongo!" "Gerudo AT-A ... I mean, Camel!" "Hylian Wolf" Go go Hyrule Champions! *cue extreme 90s theme song*

I think the Hylian Divine Beast (if there is one) would be a wolf. After all, in TP Midna did say the legends of the Twili talked of their hero appearing as a divine beast. Better that than a pink bunny at any rate.
      "Breath of the Wild: "Zelda's Redemption"

After Calamity Ganon's defeat, a devastated Zelda must come to terms with her ruined kingdom, dead friends, and the resentment of the Hero who had saved her, but lost his fiancee. When all hope for a better future seems lost, she comes across a legend of a holy relic that can set things right, if she can find the ancient keys to access it. With the help of new friends, and without Link, can Zelda finally become a legend, on her own terms?

Chapter 2: Crescendo of Regret -- A night at Dueling Peaks Stable helps Zelda to see just how much the world has changed in 100 years. The more she thinks about her role in the Calamity's defeat, the more guilt she feels.
    • Cody wrote:

I'd like more of a post-game for a DLC. If they added in a version of Hyrule where you don't revert to a previous save after defeating Ganon and you could take on new quests in a post-Ganon world I'd be thrilled.
      I always miss that, a post-game scenery.
      The Castle could be clean, the city re-building, and a portal if we wish to defeat Ganon again.

But I don't expect much, probably a memory like history and a bunch of new Shrines.

The post was edited 1 time, last by BMAtreyu ().

• I guess I'm reviving this thread - hopefully that's OK.

I find it interesting how Tarrey Town was thrown together as fast as it was. I know it's small compared to Castle Town, but how thrilling would it be if Bolson Construction took the lead in rebuilding Castle Town in the DLC. Now, I definitely am not interested in stockpiling and delivering a massive amount of bundles of wood again, but how fun it would be for that to be one of the plots to the new story: having an actual hand in rebuilding Castle Town and even Hyrule Castle. It'd be a shame to have to replace the Hyrule Castle that is already there. It's freakin awesome and I'd love to explore it in a repaired state.

Anyway, sticking with the thread. I really feel like the Koroks may have some sort of role in the DLC. I mean, sure they had the Master Sword and a couple of shrines, but, they are the only race that didn't have a huge impact on the defeat of Calamity Ganon. Plus, the Great Deku Tree didn't play as big a role as I'd liked.

In conclusion, I really want this game to be a post-game story with more interaction with Link and Zelda and at least traces or hints that Hyrule is recovering.

EDIT: Another possibility - What if the DLC is the attack from 10,000 years prior to Breath of the Wild? The new shrines are to prove that Link worthy of getting the Master Sword and the new dungeon is the chambers of that Calamity Ganon?

The post was edited 2 times, last by DaronB ().

• I wrote before that I rather wanted the winter-DLC integrated in the regular game, but I have changed my mind I think. It would be much more interesting with a completely different setting, maybe post-game or pre-game. But I really don't think so due to Aonuma's talk before (my paraphrase): "since this world is so huge I want to fill it out with the new DLC".

How much new stuff can we really expect them to throw in the winter-DLC? Too much to hope for new enemies for example? And as I said before, I will rage if it will be a fifth divine beast or something other nonsense. I liked the four divine beasts, but four is enough!
    • Stasis wrote:

Please be aware that the second half of this video includes major spoilers.

arstechnica.com/gaming/2017/05…ike-garrys-mod-for-zelda/

Some hackers made a homebrew application that allows you to use item-spawning cheat codes in BotW. You can make consumables, npcs, bosses, or other objects appear out of thin air. It also allows for the discovery of some very interesting facts. For example, if you overload the game with items, a blood moon will immediately start and clear away all the stuff you spawned to prevent the game from crashing. Another interesting thing (showcased at 7:37 in the video) is that you cannot obtain more than 30 hearts, but for whatever reason you can increase your stamina wheel beyond the maximum.

This hack opens up so many possibilities, it makes my head spin. :dazed: I think I know what I'm going to be doing after I beat the game, haha.
      That you can only get 30 hearts at max, but can upgrade your stamina wheel, makes me think we get more shrines or something else with Spirit Orbs in the DLC.
    • @DaronB

I love the idea of rebuilding Castle town and Hyrule castle. But please if its done by Hudson, Bolson or whose ever son, let the architecture of Castle Town remain the same instead of those Bolson buildings. Can you imagine Hyrule castle like that... made of colorful blocks.. uhm ye.. -_-;;

Also in your EDIT you speak of "10,000 years ago", did you mean 100? In case you did mean 10.000 that would mean A LOT of work since everything looked different 10.000 years ago.
      If you meant to say 100 years, well then I guess its not really possible for Link to do the Shrines since he doesnt have a Sheikah Slate. Only Zelda has it while shes still investigating how all the Sheikah stuff work. It would be strange for Link to secretly steal/borrow the Slate from Zelda to do the Shrines when everyone is trying to understand how it works in order to defeat the Ganon. As if Link has a secret agenda. :XD:
      ~ Founder of the 2017 S.S. Spoilerfree Zelda Ship ~
    • Feranel wrote:

@DaronB

I love the idea of rebuilding Castle town and Hyrule castle. But please if its done by Hudson, Bolson or whose ever son, let the architecture of Castle Town remain the same instead of those Bolson buildings. Can you imagine Hyrule castle like that... made of colorful blocks.. uhm ye.. -_-;;

Also in your EDIT you speak of "10,000 years ago", did you mean 100? In case you did mean 10.000 that would mean A LOT of work since everything looked different 10.000 years ago.
      If you meant to say 100 years, well then I guess its not really possible for Link to do the Shrines since he doesnt have a Sheikah Slate. Only Zelda has it while shes still investigating how all the Sheikah stuff work. It would be strange for Link to secretly steal/borrow the Slate from Zelda to do the Shrines when everyone is trying to understand how it works in order to defeat the Ganon. As if Link has a secret agenda. :XD:
      LOL, yeah I'd thought about that when posting about Bolson Construction. Actually started to mention the original architecture instead of the block houses myself haha!

And, actually, I did mean 10,000 years ago but you're right about how much different the landscape would have to look and the work that would entail for the creators.

All in all, I'm just not sure the DLC takes place in the past....I really think (hope) that it is set after defeating Calamity Ganon.

Curious thing, though, I wonder how long they've been working on/planning the DLC. They may have had been working on it longer than we think.
    • Since they actually have named it "new original story" it really doesn't sound like it will just be a fifth divine beast, since it would not be any original about that... just an extension of the main game basically. So it just has to be different and original, hence the name.

But post-game? I really don't know. Pre-game 100 years before? Why not? Would actually make a bit sense but at the same time a bit too ambitious for Nintendo. I mean... they have to change a lot in the world to try to convince us that we actually are 100 years in the past and not just a lazy "copy and paste"-solution. And no I really don't think we will play as any other than Link. Zelda isn't a fighter in BotW so it wouldn't work and I can't see Nintendo give us entirely new gameplay with light-nukes etc. Since Aonuma said something in the line that he wanted to "fill out" the world with the DLC, so I can't see Link travel to a new place either.

Hmm.

The post was edited 1 time, last by MVS ().