Forums
Guides
Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
    DLC story holiday 2017
    • I have an idea for the DLC story they are going to add next holiday season.

Thoughts or opinions on what you think it will be?

My theory is in spoiler tag so click if you want to see! :) Thx

Display Spoiler
      Since at the end of the game, Zelda and Link are off to visit villages to help restore hyrule, I hope that the next story dlc they give us in the holiday season is tons of new dungeons (shrines) with different puzzles (perhaps use the same shrines in the game just change the puzzles in them.

Also I hope a new baddie appears, perhaps human form ganondorf? And hyrule castle is back to normal and you and zelda live there together.

You have the option of playing as zelda or link in this additional story

Zelda can uses spellbooks and swords as well as the sheikah slate runes
    • Not that I'm not susceptible to wishful thinking either, I've already had my own shares of this after finishing the main story, but I don't think the DLC will be taking it that far.

For one I do think when you take all the memories and character diaries/journals into account, Nintendo was trying to imply that there was something beyond friendship between Link and Zelda. I do not however think they have the guts to seal it. They seem to still think leaving major plot points up to player interpretation is a great way to convey a story and not at all annoying. I mean they wouldn't even confirm essentially the same thing in SS. It's like they remove the wings off the airplane in flight and pause the video five seconds before impact and tell you "we want you to decide on whether or not the place crashes". I hate it, but that seems to be the direction they're going for.

As for your other points, there's only one major dungeon planned for now. I've heard somewhere that there's also 20 or so shrines in the works, though I could be wrong about that. Everything else is vague at best with the "new original story" point that could mean anything.
    • Johnny wrote:

I have an idea for the DLC story they are going to add next holiday season.

Thoughts or opinions on what you think it will be?

My theory is in spoiler tag so click if you want to see! :) Thx

Display Spoiler
      Since at the end of the game, Zelda and Link are off to visit villages to help restore hyrule, I hope that the next story dlc they give us in the holiday season is tons of new dungeons (shrines) with different puzzles (perhaps use the same shrines in the game just change the puzzles in them.

Also I hope a new baddie appears, perhaps human form ganondorf? And hyrule castle is back to normal and you and zelda live there together.

You have the option of playing as zelda or link in this additional story

Zelda can uses spellbooks and swords as well as the sheikah slate runes

I clicked the spoiler tag without thinking and read the first line...
    • pj777 wrote:

Not that I'm not susceptible to wishful thinking either, I've already had my own shares of this after finishing the main story, but I don't think the DLC will be taking it that far.

For one I do think when you take all the memories and character diaries/journals into account, Nintendo was trying to imply that there was something beyond friendship between Link and Zelda. I do not however think they have the guts to seal it. They seem to still think leaving major plot points up to player interpretation is a great way to convey a story and not at all annoying. I mean they wouldn't even confirm essentially the same thing in SS. It's like they remove the wings off the airplane in flight and pause the video five seconds before impact and tell you "we want you to decide on whether or not the place crashes". I hate it, but that seems to be the direction they're going for.

As for your other points, there's only one major dungeon planned for now. I've heard somewhere that there's also 20 or so shrines in the works, though I could be wrong about that. Everything else is vague at best with the "new original story" point that could mean anything.
      I feel the same way. It's like they almost come right out and say, "Zelda loves Link." The Great Deku scene is incredibly obvious, but Nintendo doesn't have the balls to bother to make it official in any way. It's incredibly annoying.
    • I would love to go on an adventure actually with Zelda, but I have to wonder how Nintendo would go about that from a gameplay perspective. An AI could work, but artificial intelligence is not always intelligent (memories of Half-Life 2...shudder...). They could also do it tag-team style as mentioned above, but then it's not really like Link and Zelda are adventuring "together." And having Zelda just tag along behind you a la Final Fantasy/Earthbound/Golden Sun would basically reduce her to eye candy. Still another possibility would reduce her to a Navi/Midna/Fi companion, and that's just boring.

I dunno. I want it to work somehow.
      Unplayed - Played - Finished - 100%

LoZ - AoL - ALttP - LA - OoT - MM - OoX - WW - FSA - TMC - TP - PH - ST - SS - ALBW - TFH - BoTW

You've met with a terrible fate, haven't you?

The post was edited 2 times, last by Super Dude ().

• Super Dude wrote:

I would love to go on an adventure actually with Zelda, but I have to wonder how Nintendo would go about that from a gameplay perspective. An AI could work, but artificial intelligence is not always intelligent (memories of Half-Life 2...shudder...). They could also do it tag-team style as mentioned above, but then it's not really like Link and Zelda are adventuring "together." And having Zelda just tag along behind you a la Final Fantasy/Earthbound/Golden Sun would basically reduce her to eye candy. Still another possibility would reduce her to a Navi/Midna/Fi companion, and that's just boring.

The Last of Us, Bioshock Infinite, Enslaved: Oddysey to the West, it's been done well plenty of times. Nintendo would just have to take notes.

Of course I don't know if having her following you constantly is the best approach in this game. Perhaps if there were certain sequences where she followed you/played as her or have it like a follower system similar to Skyrim.
    • I'm placing a bet that the DLC story will somehow revolve around the ancient Leviathans, the ones you took pictures of for that group in Serenne Stable. Maybe it'll take place in the past, while they were alive and well roaming Hyrule, but I'd love to see some evil sorcerer or cult go to their skeletons, revive them, and set them loose on the land. There are lots of remains of other giant creatures across different parts of the overworld, too. The Leviathans would be the three big guys [bosses], but then there would still be lots of other giant beasts suddenly springing up within Hyrule.

It'd be really cool for Farosh, Dinraal, and Naydra to get involved as your allies against them. I mean, there's three skeletons of the Leviathans, and the dragons have little importance to the history and lore of Hyrule that's mentioned in the game. This would be a great way to give them a purpose.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Mirren ().

• Super Dude wrote:

I would love to go on an adventure actually with Zelda, but I have to wonder how Nintendo would go about that from a gameplay perspective. An AI could work, but artificial intelligence is not always intelligent (memories of Half-Life 2...shudder...). They could also do it tag-team style as mentioned above, but then it's not really like Link and Zelda are adventuring "together." And having Zelda just tag along behind you a la Final Fantasy/Earthbound/Golden Sun would basically reduce her to eye candy. Still another possibility would reduce her to a Navi/Midna/Fi companion, and that's just boring.

They could have it where she only follows you around for certain quests, and you can tell her to go wait for you somewhere, like with companions in Skyrim.

For me, it would be a shame if she didn't travel with you or if the story didn't take place after the end of Breath of the Wild, especially considering how unsatisfying BoTW's conclusion was.
    • They Should make Zelda a Playable Character after you finish the Main Story that would be nice since she can do everything Link does plus she can Permanently use the Bow of Light as Secondary weapon and a Reaper as the Main weapon like in Hyrule Warriors. The sheik slate was original hers in the beginning because in the Flash Backs / Lost Memory's you see her Primarily using it. the Glider belong to the King so she could perhaps use it too and she can rid a Horse like any spoiled Royal Rich kid can and I sure She has other ability's we have yet to see. Added Main Story would also be nice to see beyond the Ending. Ending to me Felt Unfinished / To be Continued / BOTW 2.
    • Yeah, honestly, if Aonuma and co. are looking to break Zelda conventions with BotW, playing as Zelda in a first-party, non-spinoff game is long overdue (actually, so is having a companion that can actually fight with you).
      Unplayed - Played - Finished - 100%

LoZ - AoL - ALttP - LA - OoT - MM - OoX - WW - FSA - TMC - TP - PH - ST - SS - ALBW - TFH - BoTW

You've met with a terrible fate, haven't you?

The post was edited 1 time, last by Super Dude ().

• Super Dude wrote:

Yeah, honestly, if Aonuma and co. are looking to break Zelda conventions with BotW, playing as Zelda in a first-party, non-spinoff game is long overdue (actually, so is having a companion that can actually fight with you).

I don't think Zelda has been playable in any Legend of Game except Hyrule Warriors and making this Prince Zelda playable would be a change since she looks nothing like a Princess throughout the game in the Flash backs a part from the Main Story Ending where is wearing that white almost see through Dress with the Tri Force Symbol on it. She is usually seen wearing Too Much Gold and that awful Purple Dress. The new look makes her stand out above the other Versions.
    • I hope Zelda is around for much of the new story. I honestly don't mind either way if she's playable, but I want her there for the duration of the quest playing a prominent role.

On top of that, I'd really like to see your Divine Beast buddies from the four races all come together to form a squad with you. Sidon, Teba, Yunobo, Riju should all return and make some strides to becoming the new era of 'champions'. Not necessarily to pilot the Divine Beasts, but at least to assist Link with whatever mission this new story offers.

There's some narrative opportunity there, too. Teba could wrestle with the choice between helping the kingdom, or staying behind and committing to his family. Riju could be shown as she continues to grow as a leader, maybe leaping in to join Link's mission as unrest and doubt arise within Gerudo Town?

Teba and Riju had a lot of opportunity and were woefully underutilized as characters, they deserve another shot.
    • I wonder where the dlc will fit in. I mean when you defeat the final boss and continue playing, the game lets you start from your last save point. So we are stuck in a Hyrule with Ganon alive and Zelda stuck in the castle..

Meaning the dlc story has to take place in Hyrule in its current state.. So no free Zelda as a companion or whatever. Unless the story takes place in the past.

The only other way is to update the current game and create an "after"-Hyrule. Hyrule when Calamity Ganon is vanquished. But the team then has a lot of work. They need to create lines/dialogs for all the hundreds of npc out there, saying something about Hyrule being saved/thanking Link. And besides that, make npc coming back to Castle Town starting to rebuild or something (to show the world is alive).
      I hope for this to happen, but I have a strong feeling it wont. And the dlc story will involve a mini threat Link has to face while Hyrule is still sufferig from C. Ganon.

Also, if the rumor (dunno who started it or where its from) about the 20 shrines in the dlc pack is true,.. then what is gonna be at the end of the shrine if this story takes place after Ganon is defeated? Current shrines feature a Sheikah monk giving Link a spirit orb to help defeat Ganon.
      So ya, if there are shrines coming in the dlc, Im pretty sure it will be the same with monks at the end talking bout Ganny.

Another time I will post my story ideas. :D
      ~ Founder of the 2017 S.S. Spoilerfree Zelda Ship ~
    • I personally would like there to be a somewhat multi-chapter story. Kind of like how they add updates to MMORPGS like WOW.

Perhaps what we bought was just the world, plus Chapter one of the story. Holiday 2017 we get Chapter 2, and then sometime mid-late 2018 we get Chapter 3.

I know that would piss off a lot of people (the idea that we got an "incomplete game" at launch) but I personally would welcome the idea that they always had a greater story planned rather than just a tacked on "new story" holiday 2017.
    • Please anything but no freaking more shrines, my god...

I would be happy if they could take their time and add some new enemy types and bosses... and also spread them out in the world. And I am really wondering how they are going to implement this new dungeon within the game. I will lose my mind if it will be a fifth divine beast with another Blight Ganon fight, that would be REALLY bad. Unfortunately this game needs more than one new dungeon, but I will take whatever I can get.

And as far as the story goes, would be nice with more cutscenes with Zelda, and perhaps the other champions as well. I don't know. In my opinion this is the greatest version of princess Zelda so far.

The post was edited 1 time, last by MVS ().

• Essentially.

Rather than waiting 5+ years for a sequel, having the more immediate stories told through DLC would be great - like what happened in the past (playing on a slightly different Hyrule that's not... Destroyed, lol), which would include how Link got to meet the other Champions (maybe fighting alongside/as them?), how he got the Master Sword (which should also include whatever trials he needed to do, since Link always needs to perform trials in canon to acquire it), accompained Zelda to the springs (which could involve also protecting her and getting to where she is at some points) and such

Besides that, another one in the present, after the ending, that involves Link and Zelda restoring Hyrule, helping the Champions' related important NPCs (Sidon, Riju...) become the new Champions, helping out in whatever new thing happens

And they could still make a Switch-exclusive related game with its engine and assets, so no loss there. Just having this one be even better.
    • I agree, although i would rather have the story move forward. That, plus the difficulty of re-rendering a pre-Calamity Hyrule (although as evidenced by some of the cutscenes they have some of that done already).

A post game story would allow the world to be largely similar, with minor tweaks to show that the citizens are starting to rebuild now that CG is gone. Citizens pitching in to rebuild Hyrule Castle, Groups of people selected to maintain the Divine Beasts, Temple of Time restoration, Continuing archaeological efforts hopefully inveiling cool stuff.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Castigear ().