Forums
Guides
Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
    Pinned
    Zelda Headcanons
    • Plot twist that probably everyone has thought of and made headcanon since Wind Waker probably maybe but perhaps not:

Ganondorf the First wanted to be seen as a hero of the Gerudo, to lead them to a future of prosperity and equality among the races of Hyrule. But he was cursed with Demise's essence and became corrupt. He coveted the winds of Hyrule perhaps a bit too much, but that was all that was needed for the curse to kick in and the corruption to lead him down the path of destruction.

Sig banner by TruEdge76
    • Regarding Ganondorf's motives, I always thought the harsh conditions of Gerudo Desert were exacerbated by the curse itself. Given how Hyrule was filled with monsters well before Ganondorf took power(Can't blame them all on him), I'm thinking things were about to go south for everyone, but hit the Gerudo quickest and hardest. The curse was going to latch onto someone inevitably. Could've been Darunia! Darunia, the Great King of Evil. Or Mido.
    • Wildecastor wrote:

Regarding Ganondorf's motives, I always thought the harsh conditions of Gerudo Desert were exacerbated by the curse itself. Given how Hyrule was filled with monsters well before Ganondorf took power(Can't blame them all on him), I'm thinking things were about to go south for everyone, but hit the Gerudo quickest and hardest. The curse was going to latch onto someone inevitably. Could've been Darunia! Darunia, the Great King of Evil. Or Mido.
      Are you telling me Mido isn't a great king of evil?
    • Sootfeather wrote:

Ganondorf never really had a friend growing up. Honestly it would explain a lot.

Edit: And when you think about it, Ganondorf and Link had a lot in common. Foster child, social isolation... were the circumstances a little tweaked, maybe they could have been friends. Makes you wonder.
      I think he was too busy practising his evil laugh in front of the mirror. I’m just trying to imagine the conversation between the other Gerudo.
      "This is the tale of an ancient land of lush forests and verdant meadows. A land blessed by the Goddesses where the powers of light and shadow exist in perfect balance. This is the story of the kingdom of Hyrule, of a king who sought to control the power of the gods, and of a boy without a fairy. A boy whose struggle against the shadow became a legend, riding upon the Winds of Time..."

A novelization of The Legend of Zelda- Ocarina of Time (Complete & Revised)

Click here for the audiobook edition.

• Wildecastor wrote:

Regarding Ganondorf's motives, I always thought the harsh conditions of Gerudo Desert were exacerbated by the curse itself. Given how Hyrule was filled with monsters well before Ganondorf took power(Can't blame them all on him), I'm thinking things were about to go south for everyone, but hit the Gerudo quickest and hardest. The curse was going to latch onto someone inevitably. Could've been Darunia! Darunia, the Great King of Evil. Or Mido.
      or... even worse... that f***ing owl! I don't care if he's a sage!

At least Tingle's in Terminia so he can't be got.
    • Thal1989 wrote:

Sootfeather wrote:

Ganondorf never really had a friend growing up. Honestly it would explain a lot.

Edit: And when you think about it, Ganondorf and Link had a lot in common. Foster child, social isolation... were the circumstances a little tweaked, maybe they could have been friends. Makes you wonder.
      I think he was too busy practising his evil laugh in front of the mirror. I’m just trying to imagine the conversation between the other Gerudo.
      Young Gerudo 1: ewww! Why does she look so weird?

Young Gerudo 2: Hahaha! Because he’s a boy!

Young Gerudo 3: I heard he’s supposed to be our king.

1: My mom says that boys are useless swine.

3: Yeah! He probably can’t run fast or use a spear yet!

2: Hey, Ganondork! Are you crying?

3: Haha, why, our king is saving us from drought.

1: Hail the mighty Ganondork, the savior of the Valley! Hahahah!

Ganondorf: *walks away, trying to hold back his tears*

Young Gerudo 4: You girls done yet?

2: Hehe, oh lighten up Nabooru. It was funny.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Sootfeather ().

• Reminds me of a Zelda comic I saw on DeviantArt. Good times.
      "This is the tale of an ancient land of lush forests and verdant meadows. A land blessed by the Goddesses where the powers of light and shadow exist in perfect balance. This is the story of the kingdom of Hyrule, of a king who sought to control the power of the gods, and of a boy without a fairy. A boy whose struggle against the shadow became a legend, riding upon the Winds of Time..."

• ^ I hope that's not what I think it could be. They keep appearing in my recommended reads on Wattpad, and I never ever read them. Along with any other romance fic that keeps getting recommended.

In reply to the 2nd last post though, didn't the king have a special place already amongst the Sages? That was the whole reason he had the Wind Waker if I remember correctly.

• MORPHRELINK wrote:

polygon.com/2014/8/5/5948989/z…endo-sheik-gender-cosplay

Seems you're not the only one that shares that sentiment but outside of fanfic Nintendo has the final say I'm afraid.

This thread is specifically for *headcanons*, so what Nintendo says doesn't really matter in this particular instance. So I'll keep with my interpretation for my own fan fiction, as others are free to keep theirs.

Besides, the quote you are referring to is from a Nintendo of America (specifically) marketing manager. Not writer, artist, designer nor anyone involved in the creative process in any way. Considering the article you quoted was written shortly before (again, non-canon) Hyrule Warriors, which does feature a more feminine interpretation of Shiek (though a different Zelda than OoT's was using the disguise), it's probable that a marketing guy was told to just keep consistent with Nintendo's latest product, rather than reference a years-old game.

BotW Zelda in her purple Hylian Gear, by my husband, D4rkSilver
    • Chateau LonLon wrote:

The Seventh Sage of Hyrule during the Seal War was the King of Hyrule himself. It seems to me that the Seventh Sage tends to be a member of royalty or divine descent. This is why the Sages only have 6 Energies with a divine-esque leader (most typically Princess Zelda).
      "I order myself to go and seal the source of evil alongside my six companions."

What is Seres, then ?
      Maybe Zelda's little sister that chose a religious life at the sanctuary ?

Edit : "What do you want with Seres? I swear, if you hurt my daughter...!" — Priest

Is she was calling the priest "father" in a religious meaning or … as a real father ?

If it's really her father then maybe Seres' mother was from the Royal Familly !
      So, she is Zelda's cousin.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Nonoctoro ().

• The Ancient Sage of Water Ganondorf killed was a close friend to Rauru when they were Sages of the same generation.

He believed in Justice, and in the laws of Nayru more than anyone else and would yell at Rauru when he wasn't doing his duty properly, it was Rauru's mentor when this one was a young man.

Rauru was a young red-haired Wind Tribe member that went to Hyrule during one of their cultural exchanges, alongside his pet bird.
      He and the King of Hyrule where the best of friends, seen as an adoptive brother.

He awaken as a Sage but not any Sages, the Seventh one, at the end of the Era of Chaos, the Goddesses tasked his six companions to watch over the Mirror.
      Rauru was retrograded to Sage of Light and tasked to protect the Triforce and fulfill the prophecy, he was sad to lose his companions but recalled what the Water Sage said to him about Duty.

He placed a part of his Soul within his pet bird, Kaepora Gaepora and tasked him to help the young Hero.

He then lock himself alone for over 400 years, meditating in the Sages Room until Link came.
      For 7 years, he watch over Link's sealed body, he was indeed the one that prepared our adult outfit.
      But Navi ? She was not sealed, Rauru and her passed seven years, Rauru revealed things to Navi and that's why she went back to him after the events of the game.

Alongside the other Sages, Rauru left Hyrule for the heaven.

In the Child Timeline, Navi revealed what happened in the futur to him and he decided to take Link as a pupil after his Journey to Termina, he was formed into a Knight.

Very popular among the Hylians, Rauru finally decided to leave Hyrule for the Heaven.
    • Snowpeak Ruins used to be the Royal Family’s vacation home. It also acted like an emergency fortress if Hyrule Castle was ever compromised. However, as the centuries went on, the Royal Family used it less and less. Eventually, it was abandoned and the former guards, the Darkhammers, took over. But when contact with the outside became almost impossible, most of the Darkhammers died off, leaving only their armor and weapons behind.