Guides
Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
    Pinned
    Zelda Headcanons
    • Guiguitargz wrote:

Indeed, the name dropping is a reference to past games, but nothing avoids from an in-universe perspective that another guy with the same name got famous for unknown reasons.
      Thus, name reference didn't imply that it is in fact speaking of the same caracters.
      See, I'd rather just ignore the names altogether than go by the extremely contrived coincidence that every single one of these characters / locations / enemies just happened to have a historically significant duplicate, even if the only similarity is their name, and even given the ludicrous 10.000+ unaccounted years of BotW's history and the Zelda extended universe's tendency to give the same name to different people, creatures and places.

The post was edited 1 time, last by gamtos ().

• gamtos wrote:

I never got why those triforces were considered upside down.
      Oh shit you're right. They were on the bottom, so they could facing upwards, too! In fact, the way they are placed relative to the front suggests they are rightside-up. There's also the pillars which have them unambiguously rightside-up. Oh well. I think they should be upside-down because it makes you ask a lot more questions.

BTW, I love how you put FSA at number 20 in your canon priority list.
      The Twilight Realm was basically wizard Australia where every naughty banished person was transformed into some sort of harmless albino penguins.
      ~ Gamtos

WW is Nintendo's Up, basically. Link is Russell, Tetra is Doug, and uh, I guess maybe Tingle is Kevin?

~ Gregarious Tree

The post was edited 1 time, last by Kokiri Kid ().

• Did you guys saw my Lizal Headcanon previous page ?

The Gorons !

Gorons are sentient humanoid mountains and their creator was the Death Mountain itself, created by Din.

They are the oldest race there is in all Hyrule.

A Goron is sexeless but all are considered Males, they reproduce without a partner by splitting a rock of their back fall and take the form of a new Goron.

The lifespan of a regular Goron is relatively short, something like century, more big the Goron is, longer it will live.

A Goron can become a biggoron if he eat enough Rocks.

When a biggoron die, it turns into a small mountain.

The rock the Gorons eat are turned into Magma and flow inside of them, a Goron can die of heat death if he doesn't eat enough or if he stays too much time in a cold area.

Goron have mineral organs, similar to an organic being but with minerals.

A Goron usually die from Erosion, it looks like aging for them, the heat inside of them escape from little holes, something we see with elders.

Fire Dragons are the natural predators of Gorons, explaining why they hate them so much.
    • Nonoctoro wrote:

Did you guys saw my Lizal Headcanon previous page ?

The Gorons !

Gorons are sentient humanoid mountains and their creator was the Death Mountain itself, created by Din.

They are the oldest race there is in all Hyrule.

A Goron is sexeless but all are considered Males, they reproduce without a partner by splitting a rock of their back fall and take the form of a new Goron.

The lifespan of a regular Goron is relatively short, something like century, more big the Goron is, longer it will live.

A Goron can become a biggoron if he eat enough Rocks.

When a biggoron die, it turns into a small mountain.

The rock the Gorons eat are turned into Magma and flow inside of them, a Goron can die of heat death if he doesn't eat enough or if he stays too much time in a cold area.

Goron have mineral organs, similar to an organic being but with minerals.

A Goron usually die from Erosion, it looks like aging for them, the heat inside of them escape from little holes, something we see with elders.

Fire Dragons are the natural predators of Gorons, explaining why they hate them so much.
      Aw man I love this it's way better than my Goron headcanon!

Sig by TruEdge67, Glorious Newbie Overlord
    • Nonoctoro wrote:

My own Goron reproduction headcanon is practically the same, with baby Gorons "budding" off the backs of their fathers. Great minds think alike :)

Nonotoro wrote:

Are Gorons in turn the natural predators of Stone Taluses?

BotW Zelda in her purple Hylian Gear, by my husband, D4rkSilver
    • Violetlight wrote:

My own Goron reproduction headcanon is practically the same, with baby Gorons "budding" off the backs of their fathers. Great minds think alike
      I think there is a concept artwork in HH that is basically that.

This one, at page 46.

Now that I think about it, Geodude, Graveler and Golem are Kinda Goron Pokémons, since Pokemon came first … are Gorons inspired by them ? Maybe not that much

Violetlight wrote:

Are Gorons in turn the natural predators of Stone Taluses?

What's that ? Rock Meat ?

Do Gorons hunt Stone Taluses for those ?

Deadrocks are primitive Gorons and Nejirons are Goron's Cousin that eat bombflowers.

I guess there is a whole set of Mineral Life in Hyrule.

• Huh. Never saw that TP concept art before. Or maybe I just forgot. Now your headcanon makes more sense.

I may rework my headcanon to incorporate yours. Gorons can reproduce asexually by budding. But there are some people who find Gorons...attractive.

Kudos to you, @Nonoctoro.

Have we ever seen a Nejiron uncurled though?

Sig by A Link Between Hearts

The post was edited 1 time, last by Okami Takahashi ().

• As someone who has studied biology, I imagine Goron edibles can be categorized into two groups: rocks and organics. My headcannon is that the rocks provide constitutional nutrition, as in the stuff that builds the body like our proteins, and the organics like milk or meat provide energy for chemical reactions to take place. Their stomachs and insides would have to be practically molten, allowing the rocks they eat to digest my melting into the "insides". However, in order to sustain the heat of their molten innards, they need to eat organic foods or flammable materials for the energy to sustain their digestion. Hence, why Gorons in Phantom Hourglass believe eating wood hearts will make them strong and healthy.

Not all rocks are made the same. Here is a sample of the list of rock types within our own universe (en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_rock_types), not including the luminous type. I imagine Goron evolution has guided their tastes towards the types of rocks that make up the exact same composition, so though the Gorons in OoT were a rock-eating people stuck in the mountains, they did not have access to the proper nutrition, similar to the early trans-Atlantic sea farers who developed scurvy from lack of a crucial vitamin.

I imagine that rock meat combines the best of both worlds for the Gorons, and the plausibility that rock meat comes from Stone Taluses gives me joy thinking about it. If so, I imagine the endeavor of hunting them in the wild of Death Mountain inspired tales of heroism and many cultures.

The post was edited 1 time, last by urnotlikeme ().

• Not to bring said topic back, but I rather prefer having a consistent and set timeline and I'd consider the most important sources of canon to be:

• In-game material.
      • HH
      • Dev statements
      • HE
      That's it.

Anyways, three Headcanons:

• Termina is a world of imagination but it's not all Skull Kid, part of it is Link. Characters like the Goron named Link are characters created from Link's memory. The goron would be a warped image of Darunia's son. Tatl is also a figure of Link's imagination despite originally being part of Skull Kid's. Essentially the more time Link spends with her the more she starts to become Navi and her constant drive to reunite with her bother is representative of Link's constant longing to reunite with Navi.
      • All things are canon in BOTW. There are no cameos, the game takes place after an event in which all of these events come to be known.
      • Goddess of the Sands is just Hylia. I dislike the idea of suddenly having new Goddesses and since the fandom wants to treat her as a character heres my headcanon bout her.
    • Mango The Magician wrote:

suddenly having new Goddesses

Everyone forgot about Venus … She is a 女神 (Megami) and the first Goddess ever shown in the games.

I think that I already made it but …

The Goddesses Venus, Hylia and Jashin are "sisters".
      They each can be associated with one of the Golden Goddesses.
      Hylia and Nayru, Venus and Farore and Jashin and Din.
    • Nonoctoro wrote:

Mango The Magician wrote:

suddenly having new Goddesses

Everyone forgot about Venus … She is a 女神 (Megami) and the first Goddess ever shown in the games.

I think that I already made it but …

The Goddesses Venus, Hylia and Jashin are "sisters".
      They each can be associated with one of the Golden Goddesses.
      Hylia and Nayru, Venus and Farore and Jashin and Din.
      I feel like this is reaching. We've seen before that there are plenty of Great Fairies and I see no reason to assume otherwise. I mean it's fine if you want to consider her a goddess with your headcanon, but I don't consider it a counterpoint to what I said. The introduction of Hylia messed up with the lore a lot and suddenly throwing in another one just for one race would be dumb.