Forums
Guides
Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
    Pinned
    Zelda Headcanons
    • Me. I like the words "it is said", which could mean that... well, nothing about the lore of the city is concrete.

It's so mysterious!!

Edit- But really, look back at SS.

The tech back then... shoot... it probably would've been easy to create a floating city.

Oh wow, Realm, you're making this place even more interesting! Nice!
      :ghirahim: :cucco: :look: :tingle: :moon:

The post was edited 1 time, last by Guinea ().

• Fal Cie wrote:

Nabooru was a sage in the future, not the past.
      Do we have an official canon on who the TP Sages were? I mean they don’t look like the OoT ones, but I assumed they were the same people as in the Adult timeline.
      "This is the tale of an ancient land of lush forests and verdant meadows. A land blessed by the Goddesses where the powers of light and shadow exist in perfect balance. This is the story of the kingdom of Hyrule, of a king who sought to control the power of the gods, and of a boy without a fairy. A boy whose struggle against the shadow became a legend, riding upon the Winds of Time..."

A novelization of The Legend of Zelda- Ocarina of Time (Complete & Revised)

Click here for the audiobook edition.

• Thal1989 wrote:

Do we have an official canon on who the TP Sages were? I mean they don’t look like the OoT ones, but I assumed they were the same people as in the Adult timeline.

What @Wildecastor said.

Not offficial but , I always took it as predecessors for the ones in OoT.

Theoretically. They would have been present before Link's birth, just never mentioned.
      Ganondorf would have killed them during the 7 year time skip. While Link slept. When Link Awoke Sheik/Zelda had already been making headways to determine who the next Sages would be. Fighting along side the sages we all know and love as a sort of "Resistance army", Slowing Ganondorfs complete rule over Hyrule. Their actions were most likely what allowed them to become worthy of replacing the old sages up on their deaths. Their replacements also suggests that Sages are not determined by bloodline but by divine selection. So the discrepancies in their races are moot.

Link warning about Ganondorfs plans would have allowed the original sages to stay "employed" thus these are the ones we see in Twilight Princess, alive and well.
      Courage is not the absence of fear, it is the ability to overcome it.

The post was edited 2 times, last by MORPHRELINK ().

• Ah, okay, that makes sense.
      "This is the tale of an ancient land of lush forests and verdant meadows. A land blessed by the Goddesses where the powers of light and shadow exist in perfect balance. This is the story of the kingdom of Hyrule, of a king who sought to control the power of the gods, and of a boy without a fairy. A boy whose struggle against the shadow became a legend, riding upon the Winds of Time..."

A novelization of The Legend of Zelda- Ocarina of Time (Complete & Revised)

Click here for the audiobook edition.

• Evran_Speer wrote:

I was looking at Hebra Peak recently. The hole in the middle looks like it might have been blasted out by the sort of laser cannon that the Divine Beasts use. None of them could hit it quite right from their current positions, so I thought it might be an errant shot from the battle 10,000 years ago, which thus may not have been as clean as it sounds in the legends. But maybe it was actually the attack that destroyed the Ancient Sheikah.
      this is canon and confirmed in Master Works/CaC. Page 312 to be exact.

Sorry about the lateish reply but I just wanted to tell you that.
    • Velivolo wrote:

Wait. Like maybe.... After just 7 years instead of 100??? Hmmmm...

Personally I think it had to do more with a brain injury rather than a body injury.

What I got from it was that his body healed relatively quickly, But since the brain is such a complex thinking machine with connected neurons as unique as a snowflake or finger print to the human body, the repairs were far more meticulous. We see that Link had gained amnesia but his basic motor functions are still intact. Some would credit this to being asleep for so long but I believe he suffered a head injury that may have crushed that part of his brain, essentially lobotomizing him and turning him into a vegetable. A great deal of blood loss could deprive the brain of oxygen and suffocate the nerves as well.

Imagine trying to repair damaged film from a camera. You have all the tools you need and the material that makes the film is common and can be replaced but the images that specific roll of film contains has been all but completely destroyed. You have no reference to what those images were. Just a few colorful blotches and what they suggest might have been there. Imagine having to recreate a whole lifetime's worth of those photos.

If you ask me The Shrine of Resurrection did an outstanding job in an incredible amount of time.

Headcannon: The liquid Link is submerged inside the Shrine Of Resurrection is still inside his body, actively repairing him even as he is wandering around Hyrule.
      Courage is not the absence of fear, it is the ability to overcome it.
    • I think the King Zora mentioned in Twilight Princess, Rutela's husband and Ralis' father is in fact the very same King Zora from Ocarina of Time.

"But then, why is Ruto not present?" one may ask.

I believe that the death of the (presumably ancient) sage of Water awakened Ruto as a sage, and as such she is not around because of that. The reason she is not seen with the other ancient sages is because she is still alive, serving her duty from somewhere else.
    • Guinea wrote:

I just think Twinrova is more crucial to the overall lore than is talked about. She gave birth to Ganon. SS up until OoT has NO exact timeframe, yet MC follows SS and its already a developing kingdom.

Twinrova could have been alive when SS Link was.

Edit- I bet she's one of the reasons Hyrule became so messed up in the first place.
      Minor correction. Twinrova is Ganondorf's surrogate mother. Meaning she/they raised him but didn't birth him.

The reason Hyrule was messed up pre-OOT was because of the Hylian civil war between the races. Before the king of Hyrule made peace with them.

As for my own headcanon. Dragon Roost Island is Death Mountain in WW. Instead of Dragon Roost Island being Zora's Domain; as stated in the Zelda Masterworks. :ironic:
      *roll on snare* "Hardee Har".

The post was edited 1 time, last by AllStarNemesis ().

• Velivolo wrote:

I was trying to imply that there may be a connection between the Shrine of Resurrection and Link's 7-year nap in OoT. It actually seems Zelda knew there was a good chance the shrine would cause Link to lose all his memories.
      And the Shrine of Resurrection and the Temple of Time are also very close to each other in BotW. Probably doesn't mean much though, at best it's just a reference.

The post was edited 1 time, last by ich Will ().

• Aight, this one's a carryover from theorizing thread I posted in; straight out of the currently, mostly publicly quiet inner workings of my current theorizing.

Christanity is actually a minor religion in Hyrule that never really caught on. It's a relic from an outside place. The first 2 games just overused the aesthetic to make it feel more like a medieval fantasy.

The Crescent Moon and Star seen in Gerudo culture is a whole nother story though. These are both kind of a doozy though.
    • SS shows the original races of Hyrule alongside Hylia.

It doesn't show the Oocca. You would think they would've been depicted in that cave drawing-esque image of the races, but nah.

I wish, and I'm very sorry for my language here, that Nintendo would just get their shit together and let all of us know just what the heck happened a bazillion years ago.

Edit- Oops. Forgot to include a headcanon:

Potions were once made with bugs. People thought that was gross, and found out that mushrooms had the same healing properties as the bugs.
      :ghirahim: :cucco: :look: :tingle: :moon:

The post was edited 1 time, last by Guinea ().