Forums
Guides
Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
    Pinned
    The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild |Offical Thread| It's dangerous to go alone! Take this...In HD
    • Yeah, I ruled out buying potions because I figured someone else had cooked fireproof lizards to make them. Whatever meat I had, I usually ended feeding to Wolf Link, or just selling. Although I have to admit, I did get frustrated and electrocute some fish to upgrade my armor. I regretted that pretty quickly; jumping in and catching them with your bare hands is so much more satisfying.
      Goddess of the Sands

Map of Thyphlo Ruins

Forest Architects

If you have Amiibo Tap: Nintendo's Greatest Bits on Wii U, you can reset which games your amiibo unlock by deleting the game and then redownloading it.
    • Tri Force wrote:

And are the fish alive in your pocket?
      No. :'( I found out the hard way. I wanted to save a fish from a small pool and put him into a big lake. It died the moment I touched it. Link the fishinator.

And Link's house had so much potential. I was a bit sad that it always ended up looking the same; some customization would have been nice.
      100% | Finished | Now playing:
      TLoZ | 2nd Q | TAoL | ALttP | LA | LA DX | OoT | OoT MQ | MM | OoA | OoS | ALttP (GBA) | FS | TWW | FSA | TMC | TP | LCT | PH | ST | OoT 3D | FS AE | SS | ALBW | MM 3D | TFH | TP HD | BotW
    • Isn't the Fahrenheit scale supposed to be based on what temperatures a human can survive? From 0 to 100?

If it's wrong, just ditch it and adopt Celsius like all reasonable people! :D
      TLoZ | 2nd Q | TAoL | ALttP | LA | LA DX | OoT | OoT MQ | MM | OoA | OoS | ALttP (GBA) | FS | TWW | FSA | TMC | TP | LCT | PH | ST | OoT 3D | FS AE | SS | ALBW | MM 3D | TFH | TP HD | BotW
    • Guys seriously. Why am I looking at an Amiibo of Link riding a bear??

Ah, never mind. Apparently it's custom-made by someone. I want it. It should summon a bear with a saddle. That can attack while riding it.
      Edit: and fly.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Canyarion ().

• As far as the temperatures go, desert heat is generally more tolerable because it's dry heat. Humidity is what makes heat unbearable. So, like, where I live, when it's hot, it's humid too, so it's miserable. But people who live in the southwest United States live in a more arid region and don't get precipitation often, so the air is extremely dry. --And like Kol Gaines said, there's a certain point where you don't really feel any difference in temperature as it gets more extreme. However, I'm sure some of the temperature conversions may be a little weird in the localization to Fahrenheit.

The requirement for elixirs is so Link can maintain his body temperature. Heat stroke is a thing. The human body is pretty good at regulating internal body temperature, but extreme heat can be dangerous because the proteins in your body can denature when your body is no longer able to accommodate extreme external temperatures. It's the same reason really high fevers (internal body temperature) is dangerous.

@Canyarion That's an amazing custom amiibo. BotW's bears need more appreciation. <3 I personally want a lizalfos and lynel amiibo but I don't really care what they do I just want the figures.

...But until you're broken, you don't know what you're made of.

• Francis wrote:

It's the same reason really high fevers (internal body temperature) is dangerous.
      I always found that kind of a funny and stupid at the same time. How sometimes the human body's worst enemy is itself.

Canyarion wrote:

Guys seriously. Why am I looking at an Amiibo of Link riding a bear??
      What? You never knew Link could ride a bear? I've done it!

So I discovered something fun and convenient.

If you break a shield or a sword you can go back to the shrines that have the various tests of strength and fight the guardians in there again and take their weapons and shields when you destroy them.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Keyaki ().

• I have not actually revisited combat shrines, though I had been planning to so I can restock on some ancient battle axe++'s. I'm down to two of them, but I have four savage lynel crushers on me so it's not too necessary at the moment. I only really use crushers when fighting lynels while mounted, so I probably only really need one of those.

On the topic of the desert and Sheikah technology, I'm sort of convinced the Sheikah had designed a network similar to the internet. Doubtful its full capabilities were recovered when they were preparing for Calamity Ganon's return, but the Sheikah Towers seem to broadcast a signal much like a proper network would. My argument for this is the fact that the Sheikah Slate loses reception to the maps during heavy sandstorms. Link extracted the maps to the Sheikah Slates, but they're not actually stored on the slate--if they were, he wouldn't lose the map--so that means the Towers are broadcasting them to the Slate.

Keyaki wrote:

How sometimes the human body's worst enemy is itself.
      Very true. Stupid tangent here, but on that note, the Spanish flu of 1918 had an insanely high death toll because the immune systems attacked the virus so hard that it destroyed people's lungs and they died from it. People with weaker immune systems lived.

...But until you're broken, you don't know what you're made of.

• Keyaki wrote:

Canyarion wrote:

Guys seriously. Why am I looking at an Amiibo of Link riding a bear??
      What? You never knew Link could ride a bear? I've done it!
      Oh I knew that. The surprise was about the Amiibo.
    • To prepare for the fight with Ganon? Yeah: reduce your hearts to 6 or so. Only then will the fight be a challenge.

It's a serious suggestion. The longer you wait, the easier the final fight becomes. You probably have upgraded gear, lots of hearts and great weapons. It will be an easy and short fight. Consider handicapping yourself a bit.
    • So I have no idea if I'm late to the party on this theory but I finally just finished "From The Ground Up" for the 2nd time due to my Master Mode re-playthrough.

I came across something that yet again, related to Tarrey Town, has absolutely blown my fucking mind.

Here's the deal if it wasn't already glaringly obvious from the get-go:
      (okay.. maybe we have to do a little bit of digging)

Are you ready for this ?

Display Spoiler

It all starts off with Bolson's additional dialogue at the end of "From the Ground Up"
      He begins by saying this:

Then continues to tell Link this..

But who could he possibly be talking about, what could Link do?

Then Bolson's next additional dialogue came.. that's when it all hit me.
      Display Spoiler

Flower Petals? Yeah, I saw them:

Being thrown around by Bolson, so what? Well...

Aw, that's sweet.
      But wait. WHAT?!
      Where else have I seen these flowers??

The final scene.. to the True ending of Breath of the Wild.. has a sequence of "Infinite falling petals", to represent the endless love between Link and Zelda.

I expect to hear more about this in DLC two. After all, the "Champions Ballad" seems to have a place for Kass. And how else does Kass tie into the story between these two lovers? Well.. remember the song he wrote for princess Zelda?
      And remember the extra bit of information he gave us about Zelda during his speech?

Zelink is CANON. Their relationship is real and right there, in front of our god damn eyes. Their love was playful in Skyward Sword, but BotW puts it front right and centre if we do our research. Adios, folks. See you on the next outdated theory that I'm probably 3 months late on.

Psn: Zugioh
      Nintendo ID: HeroOfClocktown
      --