Forums
Guides
Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
    ZU'er of the Month - Romano-British Medli!
    • Will I do a @Winnie? Heck yeah, I will do a Winnie!

@Lady Sunshine: Thank you so much for this! Your introductory text looks amazing, I like it very much, especially the colours! I don't know you that well, but it was fun chatting with you in the Mafia Chat and you helping me out, giving me tips on how to improve my gameplay and answering my vocabulary questions. I also remember you solving my first riddle in the riddle thread!

@Big Daddy Biggles: I enjoy playing Mafia with you as well! You are an interesting person from what I have read, and I respect you very much! I would love to get to know more things about you!

@FroyoClaus: Froyo, you are an awesome Din member to talk to. I always enjoy it very much! You helped me very much feel at home at Din and I remember you being one of the first persons to get a very positive impression from! You were writing in my introduction thread all this long time ago! Would love to play Mafia with you again!

@Skywing: I agree, we don't know each other that well, but I nevertheless enjoy you being here at ZU a lot! And hey, it can change!... You always have interesting posts in the Newbie Chit-Chat, and I still aprreciate your help in my Wind Waker question! That was such a huge help, I wanted to say that to you again! You have earned a spot in my acknowledgement chapter, once I finish my text.

@Emerald Isle: Oh Emerald, you're my favourite drunken irish sailor, believe it or not! :lol: You always write such funny and interesting sailory posts, and I'm glad we are playing different games together and are discussing different matters, from funny to serious. You are a very nice friend!

@TruEdge67: As I have already posted on your wall some days ago, you are one of two or three main reasons I opened up so much here on ZU in the last half a year! I by know almost can't believe I was spending one year at ZU rather lurking around. It's not that I didn't try (on the contrary!), but I was so shy that my posts in the theorizing section weren't much (around 100, 150 or so at mid-2018). You are TRUly an inspiring person and I am so glad Newbie Chit-Chat is the way it is because of you! Thank you a lot for all of this! :)

@GuardianFIN: Fin... my dearest friend! I still am amazed at how well we get along as well as how close we have been for months now, and whenever I am thinking about you and our conversations (which is very, VERY often during the day), I only can smile! I thank you for inviting me to all these fun forum games, being with you in Din is simply awesome, and I am already looking forward to playing Mafia again with you! :)
      You are truly very special to me!

@BackSet-Chan: BackSet, you are always fun and very creative! It's always very enjoyable to talk to you and play with you! You have interesting things to say about gaming as well as writing and I love to bring those evil Angel numbers down together with you!

@Colu: Thank you! You're still my favourite giraffe-girl, and I enjoy talking to you a lot! It's so nice to have you in Din, you are always so funny, I laughed a lot because of you!

@deathtrappicnic: Thank you very much! I'm glad I could be of any help (didn't expect this), and you are also a great person to talk to, I think. It's so great you are at Din as well, and you have made interesting posts there as well!

@Aurelia: Aurrie!!! It's so nice we still are in contact! You were my first friend here at ZU and I am glad I can still talk to you and I enjoy it just like on my first days here! It's been such a long time now, hasn't it? We both have come so far! You were a great Adopter and I want to thank you here now for all you have done for me! I want to thank you for answering my questions when I had some, for example how to do things and which person I can go to regarding different matters.
      Damn it, I still have to tell you about all of my awesome and fun Twilight Princess adventures, just like I did with Wind Waker! It was so much fun!

@Tead: Thank you so much for this! You are fun, you are nice, you are witty, you are simply Tead! I always enjoy your concerns about the whole of ZU and Newbie Chit-Chat, and I hope everything will be alright for you in the future! I as well wish you all the best for you!
      Your compliments mean a lot to me!

@Winnie: Winnie, my first Dinnie! I already said it, but it was so much fun to talk to you during the Clan Test, and you helped me so much in getting accustomed to and relaxed in Din! Your comments were always supportive, and you always have nice things to say! I admire your athletic attitude and I am glad you can travel around the world a lot! I love talking to you, and you have made me relax a lot in Din and ZU in general. I know that I can always talk to you, and I enjoy chatting with you about whatever it is!
      Keep being awesome!

@TingleMakesMeTingle: Tingle, you're always not only such a fun person to talk to and play Counting and AvD with, but you are also a great friend. I know I can talk to you when things are getting difficult, and you are always supportive not only towards me but all here in ZU in general. It's so impressive that you already have left such a big impact on ZU regarding the short amount of time you have been here, and this is amazing!
      Also, you should try out Mafia!

@RealmWings: Oh no! But thanks for the congratulation anyways, it is very much appreciated! You are always funny in Newbie Chit-Chat, and I would love to play another round of Mafia with you again!

@Guinea: Oh, you are the best riddle partner I could have had!! You were on of the first people I got friends with, back when I was very shy! I am so glad you have returned and we've got opened the Riddle Thread again! :)

@Embalistico: Thanks Emba! :) You as well are always fun and nice to talk with, you are very funny and relaxed, and I am glad we are playing together! I don't know that much about you, it's always nice seeing you around!

@Linkle: ... Okay, what else can I say to you? This will probably be the most difficult to write! You know what I think about you, and you know how I feel about you. I have made this abundantly clear on your wall.
      Like, I could gosh for hours about how awesome you are, how nice, supportive, appreciative and caring you have been, but this would probably just bore the others! :lol:
      Maybe just this: I would absolutely love to not only continue our private relationship, but also our theorizing relationship - only if you have the strength and motivation to do so, that is of course!
      I am simply amazed at how you deal with everything in your life and I admire you so much for this! You think it's not needed, but still: Thank you! Thank you so much for everything! Without you; I wouldn't be here today in the positive way I am now! I have learned so much from you, about life and about Zelda!
      You are... a very wonderful person, Linkle! <3

@Amber The Gay Fox: Thank you! As far as i can tell, you are pretty refreshing and chill as well! And funny, and nice! It's always funny and interesting to see your posts in Newbie Chit-Chat.
      "A puppet that can no longer be used is mere garbage.
      This puppet's role has just ended..."
      - Majora

My major theories:

Counting the Population of Termina

Counting the Population of Hyrule (OoT)
    • Well what is this thread doing being quiet?! This is Medli's month and I'm seeing a serious lack of activity here.

To you I must ask you...

What is you're favorite music genre?

What is you're favorite movie genre?

How did you find ZU?

Have you ever heard the tragedy of Darth Plagueis the wise?

Do you understand my signature?

Some random questions for ya lad.

Here's a health to the company, and one to my lass, let us drink and be marry, all out of this glass, let us drink and be marry, all grief to refrain, for we may or might never, all meet here again.
      Stories of light and eyepatches
    • I was kind of waiting for a “Let's all ask Medli questions!” decree from on high.

But I suppose that is not how it works.

But first, thank you, Medli, for your very kind words; they are some of the nicest words I've ever heard someone say about me.

Now for the questions:

What… is your favorite color?

What… is your quest?

What… are these three questions a reference to?

And now for a relatively serious question:

What is your favorite book genre?
    • TingleMakesMeTingle wrote:

I was kind of waiting for a “Let's all ask Medli questions!” decree from on high.
      Unofficially we have just forgone the "wait for mods to say it's okay to ask questions" things.

People can come in and congratulate the ZUer of the Month and ask questions to their hearts content!

Sig & Avvy by Lady Sunshine, the most wonderful girl in the world
      Come check out our little business - Birdie B Bath Bombs
    • GuardianFIN wrote:

(Even tho you still count wrong way in AvD :v: )
      Fin, it's just a matter of perspective: You count wrong way in AvD! XD
      Some day, you will see the light! Stop listening to Tru!

Linkle wrote:

WHAAAAAT? Medli got this and I wasn’t invited to write about him? This is an outrage! Haha
      I agree, this is an outrage! :lol:
      (You're so funny Linkle!)

More Winnie-posts-style:

Emerald Isle wrote:

Well what is this thread doing being quiet?! This is Medli's month and I'm seeing a serious lack of activity here.

To you I must ask you...

What is you're favorite music genre?
      Hm... That's difficult to answer. I don't have one that immediately comes to my mind. I like to listen to video game OSTs and remixes of them. A "real" music genre I have always been interested in is (heavy) metal/rock, although I definitively most of my time listen to OSTs from video games/animes and other stuff like that.
      Video game OSTs: Theophany's MM remix ( <3 ) and Zelda/Final Fantasy IX OSTs, ZREO's rearrangements
      Anime OSTs: Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood, Mirai Nikki, Naruto Shippuuden
      Regular bands: Fall of Efrafa and Light Bearer (most of you probably won't know them, as it's a niche-genre.)

What is you're favorite movie genre?
      I... think I don't have one. I like a lot of different films from differents genres, I can't name a genre that immediately jumps to my mind when trying to answer this question. I in general like movies which are open to interpretation and make you think a little bit, or raise difficult topics, themes and questions. The genre doesn't matter much to me.
      I could give some examples if you like.

How did you find ZU?
      Despite only being present here for (almost) 2 years, I (like I have outlined in the specific thread) have known ZU for a loooong time now! I already read shipping threads in early 2010 and theories in early 2011 I remember. However, how I actually got here I don't remember anymore. Probably through Google and Youtube in searching for Zelda stuff. The name/forum "Zelda Universe" simply stuck with me throughout the years.

Have you ever heard the tragedy of Darth Plagueis the wise?
      Wasn't he Palpatin's teacher and got killed by him or something similar? Palpatin's an ugly dude!

Do you understand my signature?
      No...
      Thomas & Friends?
      Jim Button and Luke the Engine Driver?

Some random questions for ya lad.

TingleMakesMeTingle wrote:

I was kind of waiting for a “Let's all ask Medli questions!” decree from on high.

But I suppose that is not how it works.

But first, thank you, Medli, for your very kind words; they are some of the nicest words I've ever heard someone say about me.
      Aw, thanks Tingle! :)
      I really mean them, and I was simply telling the truth!

Now for the questions:

What… is your favorite color?
      Red and yellow.

What… is your quest?
      Hm... I don't know. Have to think about it!

What… are these three questions a reference to?
      I don't know.

And now for a relatively serious question:

What is your favorite book genre?
      Utopian/Dystopian literature.
      - Majora

My major theories:

The post was edited 6 times, last by Romano-British Medli ().

• TruEdge67 wrote:

Who's your favorite Zelda character? If it's not Medli I am going to be surprised.
      Again, I'm not sure!
      (Wow, I answer so many questions about some of my favourite things with "The answer is not that simple!"... I'm a weird person!)
      I don't think of a character who jumps at the top immediately. It's rather a list of characters:
      Medli, Cremia, Lenzo, Tatl and Midna, Anju and Kafei...
      I can't really decide!

Winnie wrote:

What’s your favorite video game?
      Majora's Mask! End of debate!
      (Wind Waker is second, though!)

Favorite book?
      1. "Watership Down" by Richard Adams
      2. "1984" by George Orwell and "Brave New World" by Aldous Huxley
      3. "Island" by Aldous Huxley and "Animal Farm" by George Orwell

We unfortunately didn't read 1984 in school in English, but luckily Brave New World! And man, was it a blast to read through it!

Favorite pastime?
      1. Playing video games, watching people playing video games and talking with people about video games.
      Watching Animes and talking with people about animes.
      2. Reading and talking with people about books.
      3. Learning about science and talking with people about science.

#1 place you want to visit?
      Uumm... Can't decide for one, there are a lot of places in Europe I'd like to visit. Especially capitals from various countries.

Dream job?
      Something with philosophy. Unfortunately, I know this is not a realistic job option, so I settled for computer science. It should also not be 8 hours a day but rather 4 hours a day.

Amber The Gay Fox wrote:

Can I see your axe? How many Imperials have you killed? Do you really know Ulfric Stormcloak?
      At first I didn't know what to answer, but the third question has something to do with Skyrim, hasn't it? I haven't played it for myself, but I have watched Let's Plays and have watched a friend play it. I'm pretty sure it's a good game, although it wouldn't be my favourite RPG/open world game.
      Favourite RPG: Final Fantasy
      Favourite Open World: Breath of the Wild

Tead wrote:

Again, congratulations!

Also, you are awesome!
      Aaww, thanks Tead! You are awesome as well! :)

Haha.

Tead.

Tri Force wrote:

Congrats Romano Medli!

That's awesome!
      Also "Thank you!" to you too, Tri! :)
      I don't know you that well, but you too seem like a nice and chill person!

What is your favorite catch phrase?
      Hm... I don't have a catch phrase I say regularly.
      I have some I use semi-regularly, but can't name them right now.

What is the song that is stuck in your head?
      I have a lot of songs stuck in my head. In general, a lot of Theophany Songs dominate my head in the last years. I make them dominate my head!
      Oh, and sometimes Anime OSTs/Openings/Endings!
      - Majora

My major theories:

The post was edited 4 times, last by Romano-British Medli ().

• Winnie wrote:

Do you prefer the city, suburban, or rural life?
      As of now, I definitively prefer the city. I live in a medium-sized city in Germany and I like the mobility by bus and train it offers. I don't have a car and don't need a car since I can do everything by bus and train. It also saves money (which I don't have THAT much of, doing an apprenticeship and living from payments by the state - but it's enough to live comfortably from, the way I live now). I have a subscription to a (electronical) monthly bus ticket, and since I need to take the bus every day at least 2 times, it's actually pretty cheap.
      Driving a car for me also is a huge stress factor (especially in a city!), so going by bus is actually increasing my quality of life, because it's so relaxing!

Favorite Pokémon?
      Again... I don't have ONE! :lol:
      Gengar, Alakazam, (why can I only get them via trade?!? ;( ) Arcticuno, Zapdos, Moltres, Eevee and a lot of its evolutions, Jigglypuff, Magikarp, Dewgong, Arcanine, Slowking, Psyduck, Golduck, Nidoqueen, Nidoking, Pidgeot, Dragonite, Mewtwo, Mew, Suicune, Entei, Raicou, Tyranitar, Lugia, Ho-Oh, Celebi, Arceus...
      I know, that's not a very special list, and I only really know the Pokémon up to Gen 2, but yeah...
      Okay, maybe, if I really have to choose:
      Psyduck (He's so cute and adorable! I think he deserves more love!), Pidgeot, Gengar, Alakazam, Umbreon, Dewgong!
      Sorry, I just can't pick one! This would be my team, I think.

Do you believe in ghosts?
      As a scientific and analytic person, I don't believe in ghosts. I personally think there are better explanations for a lot of phenomena. (I like Ghost Pokémon very much, though!)
      However, as a kid I of course believed in ghosts are I was frightened by them! :lol:

Edit: @Linkle has predicted the answer! ;)

Okay, I am going to continue tomorrow (and read other posts here in the forum as well),
      have to go to bed now! (Damn it, I really have not much time these days - it's actually a good thing I was shot this early in Mafia! XD )
      Have a good day/evening/night/morning you all! Love and miss you!
      - Majora

My major theories:

The post was edited 1 time, last by Romano-British Medli ().

• I wonder...

Are you into history?

Are you into engineering?

Do you play any musical instruments?

What type of landscape would you like to explore?

What do you do with a drunken sailor?

Some random questions for ya mate.

Here's a health to the company, and one to my lass, let us drink and be marry, all out of this glass, let us drink and be marry, all grief to refrain, for we may or might never, all meet here again.
      Stories of light and eyepatches