Forums
Guides
Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
    ZU'er of the Month - RAMBO
    • Congratulations, @Please Understand and enjoy your month!

I think all the positive comments above speak volumes about how appreciated you are on the forums, and I hope you'll be with us for a very long time yet. I haven't gotten to know you personally, but I love reading your posts, which are entertaining and interesting. Keep being great.

'Always believe in yourself. Do this and no matter where you are, you will have nothing to fear.' - Baron Humbert von Gikkingen from 'The Cat Returns'

<3
    • Hey everyone! It's that time of the month --- question time!

@Please Understand

--What is Greece actually like? I've never been but I've had a mixture of "awful" to "freaking awesome" from people I know who have been there. But they have limited experience, so I don't trust them.

--What are your top 5 favorite video games?

--What is your all time favorite console?

--If you had to pick between old school gaming for the rest of your life (<2000) or new games (>2000) for the rest of your life, which would you pick?

Also, everyone else ask questions!
    • Sólsetur wrote:

--What is Greece actually like? I've never been but I've had a mixture of "awful" to "freaking awesome" from people I know who have been there. But they have limited experience, so I don't trust them.
      Uh, it's a pretty standard Mediterranean/Southern European country, to be honest, with all the pros and cons that come with that. People are more outgoing than people up North, the weather is better than continental Europe, so that helps. The fun doesn't end until the first morning hours, as opposed to here where people go home long before midnight more often than not. I would say for vacations it's great, there is tons to see and do, and living there is also great, as there is a huge number of places you can visit and a lifetime is barely enough. I honestly prefer it over UK, which I find boring in comparison (and also it's too rainy). People are more relaxed, less cold, they are more welcoming, I would say. I guess it's not in the best financial situation ever, but it's recovering. For a tourist, that's nothing to worry about, lol.

Sólsetur wrote:

--What are your top 5 favorite video games?
      Picking just 5 seems impossible, but let's go with (one per series):

The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
      Super Metroid
      Super Mario 64
      World of Warcraft (vanilla)
      Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney

Sólsetur wrote:

--What is your all time favorite console?
      Either Nintendo 64 or DS

Sólsetur wrote:

--If you had to pick between old school gaming for the rest of your life (<2000) or new games (>2000) for the rest of your life, which would you pick?
      I have played almost all the old games that I've ever wanted to, so I'd pick the new ones, lol.
      "Can't post that on a Christian forum."
    • JPineapple wrote:

How would you fix a game like Skyrim.
      With a debugger, lol.

JPineapple wrote:

Why do you think the Japanese Game industry are so far behind compared to westerns one?
      Just a matter of budgets being astronomical for western games.

JPineapple wrote:

Whats the best Rpg you've played in your opnion
      I'm not sure, I like a lot of them for different reasons. Skyrim was very engaging, I think it's better than Oblivion, and Morrowind is a bit dated.

JPineapple wrote:

^best shooter?
      FPS? Maybe Deus Ex if it counts, if not, Perfect Dark or Half Life 1.

JPineapple wrote:

Whats your biggest regret(if thats something you can or want to share)
      Nothing much, I am happy with what I have achieved. Perhaps I would like to have taken my band more seriously when I was younger, but I'm not that old yet :D

JPineapple wrote:

why am I a turtle
      That's for you to answer.

JPineapple wrote:

What instrument would you like to learn how to play
      Shamisen, because it's badass and I already have the basic skillset ready from guitar.

Deep Sea Miku wrote:

Can I see your axe? How many Imperials have you killed? Do you really know Ulfric Stormcloak?
      No / I don't count scum / yes.
    • Hello Please Understand,

I am glad to finally be here; I am having a difficult time with thinking up some more interesting questions for you, so I have quoted these from my thread in Newbie Central. Enjoy!

Tead wrote:

What is your favorite color?

Do you enjoy cooking, and what is your favorite food?

Favorite music genre, group, album, and song?

In your life, what was your favorite age? Why, and what year was it?

Do you have a pet(s)? If so, what type pet(s) do you have? What are their name(s)?

If you could choose only one time period to live in, what would you choose, and why?
      Listen, I really do hope that you enjoy the remainder of your month here. It would be quite awesome to see you here again!

I really do hope that you take excellent care of yourself,
      Tead.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Tead ().

• @Tead

- What is your favorite color?
      Red.

- Do you enjoy cooking, and what is your favorite food?
      If I'm being honest, it is not my favourite thing to do. I like a lot of stuff lol, I don't have a favourite. Maybe chicken BBQ pizza if I want to pig out.

- Favorite music genre, group, album, and song?
      Again I don't have much of a favourite, I like rock, metal and classical and I enjoy progressive music that tries to do something new and different. If I had to pick one, maybe Dream Theater - Images and Words... maybe.

- In your life, what was your favorite age? Why, and what year was it?
      I guess it would have to be one of my early university years, between 2004 and 2008. I had a lot of fun then.

- Do you have a pet(s)? If so, what type pet(s) do you have? What are their name(s)?
      No, but I used to have two dogs that have now passed away and when I was very young we also had cats. Now, I want a Shiba, but I can't really get one at the moment.

- If you could choose only one time period to live in, what would you choose, and why?
      I think the 80's and early 90's, before the internet. Primary reason would be that the internet has made our lives too fast and I think there's little to no time to smell the roses nowadays, it's just all over in a flash. I would prefer to live in a slower paced environment.
    • Mirren wrote:

If you hadn't pursued the career you work in now, what field do you think you would have ended up in?

What are some of your hobbies that you engage in just for fun, and not for monetary reward?

What kind of literature do you read?

What's something that you've accomplished that you're really, truly proud of?
      *On mobile so I can't do individual quotes*

1. I had a hard time picking between computer science and music studies for university, so I would probably end up as a music teacher or professional musician of some sort of I had chosen that path. I also enjoy teaching in general and have taken teaching courses at uni.

2. I don't engage in hobbies for monetary reward, lol. Anyways, I play guitar, bass and piano. I have been studying Japanese for a long time now.

3. I don't really have the time to read these days because of my other hobbies, but when I did, I liked fantasy literature like Tolkien. I have read all of his books. I also used to love Harry Potter lol, if new books come out, I will have to read them.

4. I guess I am pretty proud that I managed to find a job in the games industry right away after my MSc. That was my dream as a kid, and I am happy with that accomplishment. I am also happy with the progress I have achieved in the other activities I engage in. Music, DOTA 2, etc.
    • Welcome, one and all, to ZUer of the Month for September! This month, we have a wonderful ZUer, who goes just about everywhere, and is certain beloved by most everyone on this site...

Personally, I think Gamtos is great. He's funny, he's smart, and he makes great posts just about everywhere on the site. He's one of the few people that I see in both the Community sections and the Zelda sections - and that's pretty cool, tbh, because we really should have more people come over from Zelda and vice-versa =P I enjoy reading just about all of your posts, and I think that the things that you do for the community are invaluable. Pls don't leave ever.

Congratulations dood!

Linkara wrote:

*clears throat* Coooonnnnnnggggrrrrraaaattttttttuuuuuuullllllaaaaattttttiiiioooooonnnnsssssss Ggggggaaaaaaaammmmmmeeeeeeeettttttoooooossssss! :ghirahim:

Froyo wrote:

Ooooo~ Gamtos is one of my favorite theorizers and Zelda section dwellers here on ZU! Funny, smart and helpful :3 Good going buddy, keep it up!

And don't ever change that sexy avatar pls :b

john_marston wrote:

Lekker bezig pik

Please Understand wrote:

Gamtos is a signature member of ZU the last few years, I am hoping he will hang around for a long time.

Moechacho wrote:

I don't know Gamtos very well...

However, in the numerous times I have interacted with him, spoken with him, or have been in the same thread, I was always filled with joy.
      Gamtos is one of the funniest guys here on ZU and reading his posts always give me a chuckle with his smart quips on the scrapbook thread or some of his humerus haikus or jokes in some art threads. His theory threads always blow my f*cking mind open and his posts relating to the Zelda Theories always gets me invested. He is well spoken, a nice member to others, and a devilishly handsome fellow.

Zu is truly blessed to have such a dedicated member who is as handsome, smart and funny as Gamtos. He is certainly a character whom I would like to know more about and befriend because gosh darn it, Gamtos is super fly.

Congrats dude, you deserve it.

Malia wrote:

gamtos

It's been a while but I still adore, respect and love you <3 Forever and ever.

xo
      -Malia

Linkara wrote:

Hey! On the subject of how awesome gamtos is: how do you pronounce his name?

mosstheinflatablecow wrote:

Linkara wrote:

I pronounce it g-am- toe-sHard g, soft s.

That doesn't mean that's how it's supposed to be pronounced, though. It just occurred to me that a valid pronunciation of something spelled that way could sound almost the same as "jam toast", and I kind of like that.

epicstorm wrote:

Congrats, man!

Linkara wrote:

mosstheinflatablecow wrote:

Linkara wrote:

I pronounce it g-am- toe-sHard g, soft s.
      That doesn't mean that's how it's supposed to be pronounced, though. It just occurred to me that a valid pronunciation of something spelled that way could sound almost the same as "jam toast", and I kind of like that.
      I pronounce it Game Toes

Ganon Vader wrote:

I love Gamtos's theories. He has an explanation for everything and anything and he sees FSA's timeplace placement for the abomination that it is.

Kaylin wrote:

Okay so like, I joined the ZU early 2013, but back then I only really frequented theorising. And can I just say, gamtos was (and probably still is) my idol. He’s insanely funny, bright and witty - I couldn’t think of anyone more deserving if I tried. :DD

During my early days on the forum, he was someone I aspired to be like. I was around for when he won ZUer of the Week, and now, to be presenting him with ZUotM feels almost… uncanny. You’re adored by so many, gamtos. Keep on keeping on~ :heart:

JPineapple wrote:

Oh man

I think Gamtos is the one who helped spearhead FEENG. I still havent forgotton him singing with the eggplnat...

Gamtos is awesome. He's funny, smart, and he gave us goron nipples. I'm pretty sure I joined the sight because of that. so thank you gamtos for getting me to join U you magnificent theorist. You are hilarious and always a joy to see post around here.

Tead wrote:

I had originally planned on starting this off by quoting one of my own replies that was something like "I have no idea what or who a gamtos is", but I cannot find it. Which, is in itself a blessing, because I have since have had the honor to know gamtos more.

Gamtos is indeed one of my most favorite people on this board. He is perhaps the first individual who has ever asked me what made me join Zelda Universe. This he asked on my page, which just makes it even more memorable and meaningful to me, because he took the time to directly take notice of me. I will always remember him for that, because I was, at the time, facing some difficult times in my life; which is also in a large part why I joined these forums. For that brief moment gamtos, without knowing, pulled me aside from all that, and made me feel a sense of being welcomed somewhere. Which prior to then has been very lacking and fleeting in so many other places in my life, at the time.

Gamtos, to this date, has not stopped reminding me that I am now a part of something wonderful, as this Zelda Universe community.

I consider gamtos to be a most reliable Friend, and I do not believe that he will never let me down in this regard, even through the thickest, or most thin of times.

Also, there is this Member of the Month!

Congratulation gamtos,
      Tead.

Linkara wrote:

I'm pretty sure that knowing who or what gamtos is is impossible even if you've I known hum is for thousands of years. All jokes aside @Tead's story has just made me appreciate gamtos more. Congratulations Gamtos!

Lady Sunshine wrote:

I joined like, a few months before Gamtos I think. I remember him as a newbie~
      He's always been active, interesting and funny. His Zelda knowledge is so extensive, so I always enjoy popping into theorizing from time to time to check out his comments, and every time there's a new Zelda riddle he just... knows everyplace and every character. It's quite impressive. Stop it.

Gamtos is also a great guy. He's supportive of a lot of people around the forums, and always makes people laugh.
      And next time I come to Europe I'll have to make it a point to visit!

So congrats man- you really deserve it, and I hope you have a kick-ass month <3

Fal wrote:

Gamton is a man with a sharp mind and a cracking sense of humour. It's always nice to see what he has to say!

Well done dude, you really are something else!

Ganon Vader wrote:

I "met" Gamtos back when he was known as "Mentos". I wonder why he changed his name.

Linkara wrote:

Gamtos was the first person to respond to my very first post. And that is when I met him.

Everyone say nice stuff about gamtos!