Forums
Guides
Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
    Breath of The Wild Guide- We want to hear your voices
    • Hello everyone, Austin McCoy here from the guides team brought on to delve into the spectacular adventure that is The Legend of Zelda Breath of The Wild.

The sole purpose of this thread is to remain 100% spoiler free with the intent to hear fan voices and opinions on what should be mentioned in staff meetings to be added to our guides based on what YOU our fans find to be important in the series.

I think that it is safe to say that our team wants nothing less than to share not only our experiences and findings within the series but to bring each and every one of you the most helpful and complete guide that we can possibly create. My personal goal is to reach out to our fans to establish a bond with our readers about what they want to see in the guides that are to come. My hope is to do so in an attempt to provide the information that everyone finds most important, as well as the information that makes every gamer feel that a guide is complete.

So let's hear it, what do you expect from our guides? What information is most relevant to you? What game elements and information would you like to make sure get implemented other than the typical story and collectibles? Please share your thoughts and get involved!

Have questions? Feel like sharing your comments? Please feel free to join in and be a part of this adventure as we approach its release, March 3rd 2017. Hope you enjoy!

Austin McCoy
      Breath Of The Wild Guide Team

The post was edited 1 time, last by Austin McCoy ().

• ProxEndreeper wrote:

Honestly, I'd like to hear about how you plan to attack all the Korok Seed Puzzles, as based on what I heard, they are numerous. It's probably going to be fun trying to make a page for all of the korok seed puzzles.
      I think you make a valid point, if I'm not mistaken there are supposed to be hundreds of said puzzles and with the game having such an expansive map, simply finding the Koroks will be a challenge in itself. Much less determining exactly what/how they are to be used.

Austin McCoy
    • Austin McCoy wrote:

ProxEndreeper wrote:

Honestly, I'd like to hear about how you plan to attack all the Korok Seed Puzzles, as based on what I heard, they are numerous. It's probably going to be fun trying to make a page for all of the korok seed puzzles.
      I think you make a valid point, if I'm not mistaken there are supposed to be hundreds of said puzzles and with the game having such an expansive map, simply finding the Koroks will be a challenge in itself. Much less determining exactly what/how they are to be used.
      I think if the BotW guide team does end up listing all the locations, we will need some sort of checklist system just for korok seeds, so people can keep track of where they are at in collection.
    • s

ProxEndreeper wrote:

Austin McCoy wrote:

ProxEndreeper wrote:

I think if the BotW guide team does end up listing all the locations, we will need some sort of checklist system just for korok seeds, so people can keep track of where they are at in collection.
      So perhaps we should approach it by region in a checklist style system, making note of potential upgrades that may be required to complete said puzzle?

Austin McCoy
    • I'm curious how the guide is going to approach locations, specifically finding ones way to a major dungeon, as this game is supposedly so nonlinear that one can do dungeons in any order and above even that approach a single dungeon from any direction. Instructions would have to be intentionally generalized, as apart from potentially required items a player could come from anywhere packing anything. Further would be the order in which the dungeons would be shown. Every other Zelda generally had an official order either decided by linearity or by name or key item positions in the menu. How would an order for the guide be decided?

Order and positions will probably be debated for a lot of things in this game, like the order of the regions, collectibles, and so on.
    • Topaz Mutiny wrote:

I'm curious how the guide is going to approach locations, specifically finding ones way to a major dungeon, as this game is supposedly so nonlinear that one can do dungeons in any order and above even that approach a single dungeon from any direction. Instructions would have to be intentionally generalized, as apart from potentially required items a player could come from anywhere packing anything. Further would be the order in which the dungeons would be shown. Every other Zelda generally had an official order either decided by linearity or by name or key item positions in the menu. How would an order for the guide be decided?

Order and positions will probably be debated for a lot of things in this game, like the order of the regions, collectibles, and so on.
      Topaz, I think you raise an excellent point given that unlike other titles in the series this game is completely open world. The sheer expanse of the map in addition to the ever changing weather and climate conditions have proven that no two players will experience the game in the same way. To say that our team has an exact idea of how to approach this concern at the moment would be mostly untrue. However, if you look at the current Breath of The Wild Guide you will see that the journey between locations has been mostly removed, however, the Shrines have currently been labeled in what seems to be an order of usefulness as opposed to a set "You have to do it in this order" sort of pattern, and contains information about what you should do once you enter said location. Collectibles have been discussed most notably by our new team members due to the vast number of them and are something the team wishes to be very thorough about.

Have other questions or concerns? Let your voices be heard! We want to bring everyone the best quality guide we can!

Austin McCoy

The post was edited 2 times, last by Austin McCoy ().

• Well, looking at the guide I can tell you that the Overview section is outdated, as now the gamepad no longer has a dynamic map. :P

I'm also curious how the guide will handle NPC locations. Some will obviously be stationary, but a few, like Beedle, are quite nomadic and allegedly change their behavior/route depending on the weather and time of day. Similar to NPC schedules in Majora's Mask.

Depending on how in-depth the guide is, are you considering a general range an NPC can be located in, or something more precise such as a trail marker?
    • First off I think that you raise incredibly valid points regarding determining that information for certain which is a concept I hadn't really considered. Given that the NPC's allegedly change schedules due to weather patterns (again I'm personally not certain of this is confirmed or not) this concept will have to be discussed by the guide team.

Second, as a new member I personally don't know how our assignments will fall, or what the specific details that each member will be delving into are. However, I have taken your question and posed it to the group for discussion and will get back to you on this matter as soon as I have a more definitive answer from one of our more experienced members.

Further thoughts or questions? Please feel free to ask! My personal goal is to answer all questions to the best of my ability and provide the most complete and cohesive information possible to our fans :mastahsword:

Austin McCoy

The post was edited 1 time, last by Austin McCoy ().