Orthane Raker
    • Orthane Raker

Nickname/Alias: Orth, Rake, Thane, Red.

Apparent age: 20

Race: Human

Height: 6' 4"

Weight: 189 lb.

Eye color: Blue, red if angry.

Hair color/Style: Dark brown hair, messy.

Skin color/Complexion: Tan from being in the sun all day.

Appearance: Strong jaw, thick eyebrows, and a scar running from his forehead down to his chin on the right side, to the right of his eye. He got it when he fell into the cave. Wears a common brown tunic that is sturdy. Muscular, but not extremely.

Weapons: A bow, a sword, a hatchet, and a jackknife.

Bow: The bow is 3 feet long, and was found in a cave. It's made of some kind of red material. When it's held by Orthane, it seems to hum and come alive, but only for him. If anyone else try's to shoot with it, it doesn't draw back an inch. Only Orthane can shoot it. It can adjust his aim for any mild wind around. He wears it on his back. He can craft arrows out of nearly anything, and he can even use a crooked branch, and is still a deadly shot within 65yards. Holds 30 arrows in his quiver on his hip.

Sword: 3' long. The sword looks normal, other than being blood red, and is so sharp that it can cleave a tree in two easily. Never seems to dull. It is extremely dense, but it's magic makes it the perfect weight for Orthane. Has a hilt of an unknown black material, and the blade is made of a blood red metal, lighter than steel but harder than titanium. Found in the cave as well. Wears in sheath on back.

Hatchet: He got the hatchet from his father, who was a hunter. It has a sturdy wooden handle, about 8 in. long. Steel blade. Wears in his belt.

Jackknife: Same as the hatchet. The hilt is made of mother of pearl, and it's blade is made of obsidian. Family heirloom. Carries on his leg.

Armor: Other than the sturdy brown tunic, he has an iron shoulder pad and a shield. Shield made of durable tempered steel, with a wolf symbol made in black on it. Triangle-ish shaped, top part is 20 in. and curves smoothly to a point. Height is 26 in. (something like the Hylian shield.) Doesn't break easily. Scavenged from village afer it burned. Wears shield on back.

Wears lucky amulet he got from his mother on his neck. Has a dragon earing on his left ear. Has a serpent ring on his left ring finger.

Skills: Very accurate, can hit any thing he aims at with deadly accuracy within 100 yards. Bow can adjust itself for wind speed, increasing his accuracy. With out the magic bow, his range is 75 yards. Can perform a huge sword spin, but makes him dizzy if he does it to long, about five seconds. Can sneak up on nearly anything or anyone.

Battle strengths: Extremely accurate shot, deadly shot at a distance of 100 yards, farther than that and he won't have a very good chance of hitting it. Average swordsman. Has relatively fast reflexes and extremely good eyesight, 20/2. Sense of smell is almost as good as a dog's, can hear a whisper from 20 feet away, and can adjust his hearing by focusing on it. Very light on his toes, and is fast yet silent. Can sneak up on a deer and ride it before it even knows he is there.

Battle weaknesses: Often leaves his back open, and doesn't fight to well when surrounded. Doesn't shoot as well in a sandstorm, accuracy falls at 70 yards. Can't shoot as far in rain, about 60 yards. Can't shoot in strong winds faster than 35 mph. His accuracy when the bow isn't helping is 75 yards.

His sword can cut through anything except magic infused objects, such as a magic staff or a magic rod, such as a fire rod, Ice rod, etc. If it comes within range of a magical object, it becomes exceedingly heavy.

His weapons increase his stats, but if he tries to interact with any magical object other than the weapons, then he loses their effects for as long as he is in contact or very close (2 ft.) to a magical object.

His sense of smell isn't just a blessing, it's also a curse. If he smells some strong smelling substance (eg. skunk, rotting trash, overly smelly feces, etc.) It can cause nausea and dizziness, with the occasional black out for VERY strong substances. (note: never use smelling salts on him.) If it's a stink to someone else, it's a strong stench to him.

His hearing, being better than most peoples, can hurt him if he hears a loud noise, such as steel hammer hitting an anvil hard. He has the ability to control his hearing (such as switching between exceptional hearing and standard hearing), so he usually keeps his hearing normal, and uses his sharp hearing when he needs to.

Personality: Usually calm, but can be angered if he sees someone being beat or treated badly. Likes to team up and fight in groups. Strategic. Get's an adrenaline rush sometimes and has the urge to just do something.

History: Orthane Raker is a human that is, well, different. He hunted every day, and became the best bowman in the village. That's not to strange, his father was a hunter and taught him everything he knows, but when he seems to converse with his bow, well, that was strange. He was also much stronger than even men twice his size, and as fast than the towns fastest horse.

It all started when he went out to find some elk. He was tracking one when the ground beneath him gave way. When he got up, there was a stone pedestal with a sword in it and a bow hung across it. He than pulled the sword out, and went back to the village. Then everything began to change.

A large monster raid of several hundred came in the middle of the night, and he tried to go out and fight, but his parents told him run and not turn back. He ran out, and barely made it away. His parents were never seen again. He came back to the village, but everything was burnt to the ground. He found the village elder trapped under a collapsed house, bleeding and wounds everywhere. Orthane freed the elder, but the elder was only able to say one sentence before dying. "He is here."

Now Orthane Raker travels around, helping people on the way, trying to find "Him".
      BWAYHA! Don't take me seriously all the time. :derp:

My characters: Orthane Raker

<-------This spot is dedicated to Sydney, who brought me, Epic, and B-rod together. Epic then brought me and B-rod to all of you.-------->

The post was edited 20 times, last by Tri Force ().

• Hey first off, welcome to the RPG! My name is Ruki, and I'm not only going to be your approver today but I'm also one of the two mods here! So if you have any questions, feel free to ask away. Also I'm going to ask you to fill out this profile template here. You are missing some key information such as:

-Race
      -Eyes
      -Apparent age
      -Skin color
      -Any armor
      -Personality

Plus you'll need a lot more information than you are giving.

Here and here are good examples of an approved profile to get a general idea of what I mean. Of course I have the tendency to add a lot of detail, but the more detail you add, the easier you'll find your approval process.

:heart: Rinn “Arwyn” Nailo drawn by Liah :heart:
      Rakshael: if I know one thing about Ruki, it's that she'll prove you wrong just for the sake of saying she did it
      Characters | The Time Lost | The Rumors We Believe | Ruki's Reviews
    • Is it alive? Why only him? Wouldn't it vibrating throw off his arrows? That's what I mean by further detail. There is nothing wrong with having a special weapon, you just need to give a lot more information for it. For example like this:

Ruki wrote:

Lionbough quarterstaff: Lionbough is a ridiculously heavy, hard wood.It would be difficult for anyone to wield, since at 5 1/2 feet, it weighs four and a half pounds, in part due to the extra half pound of steel weighting inside the staff at either end. It is exceptionally hard, able to crack or break solid steel on contact, with no evidence. Yet it is still pliant and elastic; with enough force, it could bend nearly in half, at a sharp angle, and return to its straight form, with no cracking or splintering.

The lionbough quarterstaff hits with tremendous weight and damage, as an element of its nature causes it to smash past barriers, utterly ignoring such protections as armor and thick hide. Fascinatingly, this is not a magical quality, but the inborn nature of the tree it is harvested from; lionbough is nearly impossible to log, as a result.

As a consequence of the lionbough tree the staff was crafted from, An can easily channel her barrier-breaking powers through the staff. Thus, she enhances its extant qualities and wields the weapon with great synergy.

I explain the properties, the weight, what it looks like and why for the character (An) it would fit better as opposed to another characters.

Another would be

Ruki wrote:

Rohiran Celestial Fetters
      A set of armor, with kite shield, that has qualities in common with both sorcery and guardianship. Including a hauberk of banded mail, and sculpted steel gauntlets, vambraces, boots and greaves, all parts of this protective equipment incorporates azdaja scales, giving it a burnished and exotic appearance. While not completely made of Brocc’s scales, they seem to some of the more resilient properties making the armor resistant to damage.

Other than protecting the wearer, the Fetters shackle away the wearer's ability to transform and use their own powers in their natural state, but channel these abilities into magical prowess relating to knighthood and the heavens above, allowing them to cast spells that are both potent and visually stunning. Note; this does not stop Brocc’s natural passive resistance and healing as a human.

This particular weapon actually has more stuff further in the powers section, but once again explains what it looks like, what properties it includes and later on I go into much bigger detail about what abilities it grants the character - Brocc.

Rakshael: if I know one thing about Ruki, it's that she'll prove you wrong just for the sake of saying she did it
    • Ever read The Hunger Games? And four and a half pounds is not heavy.

The bow is magic, and honestly I came up with this character on the spot. The Master Sword has Fi in it, right? The bow could have something like that too.

<-------This spot is dedicated to Sydney, who brought me, Epic, and B-rod together. Epic then brought me and B-rod to all of you.-------->
    • You'll find that once you factor real life into things, we as authors tend to stretch things. :P

Like I said, you're going to have to put a lot of information if it is a living item then. After all the Master Sword has other properties besides Fi is inside.

• I edited it again. How is it? And what kind of information? I'm not sure it's alive, or just magic. Orthane is just as confused as I am.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Tri Force ().

• OK a few things:

Bow: The bow is 3 feet long, and was found in a cave. It's made of some kind of red material. When it's held by Orthane, it seems to hum and come alive, but only for him. If anyone else try's to shoot with it, it doesn't draw back an inch. Only Orthane can shoot it. It can adjust his aim for any wind around. He wears it on his back. He can craft arrows out of nearly anything, and he can even use a crooked branch, and is still a deadly shoot within 65yards. Holds 30 arrows in his quiver on his hip.
      Very accurate, can hit any thing he aims at with deadly accuracy within 100 yards.
      This contradicts each other.

Wears shield on back.
      What type of shield?

Battle weaknesses: He can occasionally get distracted by a bigger enemy, and can be attacked from behind.
      OK so if you have a battle weakness, you can't have a battle weakness which you as a player can control or decide. It has to be something which is a drawback always. For example, I have a character who is an assassin, but she is deathly afraid of horses and she doesn't have the ability to partake in an extended fight. I have a fire mage who is hurt by her own fire. A zombie who literally is burned alive in the sun. You tell me all the stuff he can do, but you have to tell me the stuff he can't. And the limits and weaknesses need to balance everything out.

Like it's fine to say he has an amazing shot, but then you add that he's super sneaky, a good swordsman and can tame nearly any wild animal - all at age 15 - is a bit much. For each skill he has you should be setting limits and things to balance it out.

• How do they contradict?

Something like a Hylian shield.

Yeah, your right. I'll have to think of weaknesses.

I'll delete the "tame nearly any animal", doesn't sound right since he hunts nearly every animal.

And, he has to be sneaky, his father was one of the best hunters in the village, if not the best, and taught Orthane everything he knows. You have to be silent or the animal will know you are coming. He learned swordsmanship from the village swordsman, and finally, the bow and sword enhance all his traits. If you take those away, he will steadily weaken, until he reaches his actual strengths. And his sneakiness would still be good, just not as good.

• Oh, do you mean:

Triforce7 wrote:

He can craft arrows out of nearly anything, and he can even use a crooked branch, and is still a deadly shoot within 65yards.

contradicts:

Triforce7 wrote:

Extremely accurate shot, deadly shot at a distance of 100 yards.

Triforce7 wrote:

Very accurate, can hit any thing he aims at with deadly accuracy within 100 yards.
      Look closely. It says:

Triforce7 wrote:

he can even use a crooked branch, and is still a deadly shoot within 65yards.

A crooked branch won't fly as straight.

• Battle weaknesses: Often leaves his back open, and doesn't fight to well when surrounded. Doesn't shoot as well in a sandstorm, can't shoot as far in rain, and can't shoot in strong winds. Steel seems to weaken his weapons.
      How far can he shoot in a sandstorm then? The rain? How fast do the winds need to be before he can't shoot in them? When you say steel seems to weaken his weapons, what do you mean?

• I can always help you brainstorm. I'm here for literally any questions you have whether it be the section or character development. Like I said any questions, feel free to shoot my way.

• What type of material for hatchet blade?

How big is the shield? (You can use radius or diameter, or just give its dimensions.)

Is the 100 yards the max accuracy with the bow?

Misallaniance should be in battle strengths or powers.