Guides
Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
    Links Title in Skyward Sword

Heads up!

Zelda Universe is now on Discord! Join the server: http://discord.gg/zelda

For a limited time, Guests can post without having an account in the Zelda Section only! Create an account if you enjoy your posting experience!

• Hi Guys,

I need your help.

As you all know, each Link share the Sprit of the Hero and many Links got Titles like Hero of Wink ( TWW) and Hero of Time ( OoT Link)

In Skyward Sword Link is called "Chosen Hero" "Goddess's chosen Hero" and "Hero of Legend" even red coloured in the dialouges.

Can someone tell me which Title is correct for the Link of Skyward Sword ?

Zelda told him following, just to count a few points:

You are the chosen hero, and i Zelda..

The Mark on your Hand is the proof that you are the Hero of Legend...

Or that one: First she created Fi - The Spirit which resides in your sword just for a single purpose:To assist her "chosen Hero" on his mission.

Fi called him "the chosen by my creator" or "the youth who draws forth the guiding sword should be known as the goddess's chosen hero and its he who possesses an unbreakable spirit.

And even Demise after the Final battle said things like "those of you, who shared the blod of the goddess and the spirit of Hero

Even in the Hyrule Historia the smal text about the goddess's Sword says that if evil comes back the chosen hero is able to put it out of the stone

Just to name a few.
      So are those sentences the evidence or the proof that he is a / the chosen hero ?

And what if the SS Link does not own a title is he still a hero ? Or are just the Links with titles chosen heros ?

Sorry for that Question but im really new into LoZ Francise and at this moment i doesnt understand the whole plot soi hope this question isnt too nooby.

I hope you can answer these 2 questions :)

Thank you all.

The post was edited 5 times, last by Brosi ().

• The following is my interpretation.

I don't think a proper name has been settled on, All Links are the "Chosen Hero", "Goddess's chosen Hero" etc. Most of those titles are actually referring to "Hylia's Chosen hero" who is technically the person she chose as Hylia in the backstory of SS, whom SS Link is presumably the first reincarnation of. That being said, since the titles are just used to differentiate between the different incarnations of that person, as long as people are consistent "Goddesses Knight" or "The Goddess Chosen Hero" works just as well as anything, for now.
    • While thinking about it isnt it a proof that you play him ? Because you always play the Hero, the fact that you play him proofs that he is the hero ?

My englisch is not sooo pretty good i hope you understand what i mean.

So each Link is choosen by Hylia ? I heard that Link from TWW wasnt a hero, just a boy. ?

And what about SS Link which point really proofs that he is a hero ? defeating Demise ? Turning the Goddess into the Master Sword ? The whole Hero Story is a huge thing for a beginner.

Can some of you count some evidence or proofs you can find in canonical material that makes the SS Link the chosen hero or a hero ?

Does the Ingame lines which i showed up in my first post give enough proof or evidence that SS Link is the chosen hero or the Hero ? - i are those "red marked" ingame sources a way to proof that he is the chosen hero ? or isnt it a good reference ?
    • Brosi wrote:

So what do you think, is each Link a Hero even if a Link does not earn a Title like Hero of Wind or Hero of Time.

Or other sayed: Does Link need a title like that for being a hero or the chosen hero ?

Brosi wrote:

So each Link is choosen by Hylia ? I heard that Link from TWW wasnt a hero, just a boy. ?

We are skirting spoiler territory if you are new to the franchise, but:

Display Spoiler

It is generally accepted that every Link is a reincarnation of the "spirit of the hero", the person that Hylia originally chose in the SS backstory.

I think that probably the "Hero of" thing eventually emerged as a cultural thing, as people noticed that someone always seems to show up and save the day...the King of Red Lions says as much about Wind Waker's backstory, the people expected a hero to emerge and one never did. In all three timelines, it probably just became a "thing", even if the general public doesn't realize it's a reincarnation of the same dude.

Brosi wrote:

And what about SS Link which point really proofs that he is a hero ?
      Zelda, after regaining her memories as Hylia, still accepting him as her chosen hero.
    • You wrote:
      It is generally accepted that every Link is a reincarnation of the "spirit of the hero", the person that Hylia originally chose in the SS backstory.

You mean Hylias chosen hero from the non-canon manga?

So You mean that SS Link and all other are reincarnations of the manga link and through this Fact each of them are chosen heros chosen by Hylia?

Ich thought SS Link was the first canon link and hero was the first chosen canon hero

The post was edited 1 time, last by Brosi ().

• Brosi wrote:

You mean Hylias chosen hero from the non-canon manga?
      I mean Hylias chosen hero in the backstory of the game:

Zelda: "Link! Quit goofing. This is supposed to be a sacred ritual, remember? You know, they say that the goddess gave the Sailcloth to her chosen hero long ago."

The ritual is said to be a recreation of an original interaction between Hylia and her chosen hero in the SS backstory, meaning there was a chosen hero prior to SS Link.

Technically it isn't canon that ANY of them are named Link.

The post was edited 4 times, last by Castigear ().

• Ah okay.

So am i right with my hypothesis that each Link is a reincarnation of "hylias chosen hero" (prior SS) and because of this everyone including SS Link is the chosen hero for his era. And through this, each link shares the spirit of hero and each link is the chosen hero ?

I didnt found any serious sources on the internet for this topic.

So the evidence or the proof for the fact that SS Link is a/the chosen hero (of the goddesses/ goddess Hylia) is that Zelda after remember that she is the goddess reborn as a mortal, told him that he is the chosen hero ?

Quote:
      You are the chosen hero, and i , zelda .. ?
    • Brosi wrote:

Ah okay.

So am i right with my hypothesis that each Link is a reincarnation of "hylias chosen hero" (prior SS) and because of this everyone including SS Link is the chosen hero for his era. And through this, each link shares the spirit of hero and each link is the chosen hero ?

I didnt found any serious sources on the internet for this topic.

So the evidence or the proof for the fact that SS Link is a/the chosen hero (of the goddesses/ goddess Hylia) is that Zelda after remember that she is the goddess reborn as a mortal, told him that he is the chosen hero ?

Quote:
      You are the chosen hero, and i , zelda .. ?
      That is how I see it. I wouldn't necessarily consider it overtly set-in-stone canon, but many many people view it this way.

Another, more "meta" way to look at it, is that you, the player, are the spirit of the hero...and in that respect, all Links are connected.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Castigear ().

• Castigear wrote:

That is how I see it. I wouldn't necessarily consider it overtly set-in-stone canon, but many many people view it this way.

But arent the ingame sources 100% canon ? If they are, then we got the evidence more than 10 times that the SS Link is the chosen hero ( of the goddess) because we found and evolved the goddess's sword to the master sword, killed demise, Fi, impa, the dragons, zelda and many more called him so, and zelda as we know is the goddess reborn as a mortal and even she quotes him as the chosen hero3 or more times after passing through the portal of time.

Arent those fact enough proof that SS Link is the chosen hero ? or am i guessing wrong ?
      its important for me to understand SS and to get the proof that this Link is the chosen hero.

The post was edited 3 times, last by Brosi ().

• Brosi wrote:

Castigear wrote:

But arent the ingame sources 100% canon ? If they are, then we got the evidence more than 10 times that the SS Link is the chosen hero ( of the goddess) because we found and evolved the goddess's sword to the master sword, killed demise, Fi, impa, the dragons, zelda and many more called him so, and zelda as we know is the goddess reborn as a mortal and even she quotes him as the chosen hero3 or more times after walking to the portal of time.

Arent those fact enough proof that SS Link is the chosen hero ? or am i guessing wrong ?
      You misunderstand, I was talking about the concept that All Links across all games are connected.
    • Ah sorry for that.

Anyway could you share your knowledge with me and pay attention to my last question :) ?
      That would be very nice, it seems that you know how this canon stuff works so go for it.

The SS Link chosen hero stuff is still a thing for me.

As is wrote - there are so many ingame sources that gave us proof that SS Link is the chosen hero, but im not sure if ingame sources are good for using it to proof that fact.

So are Zeldas words the proof that SS Link is the chosen hero or the chosen hero of the goddess as she told him after remembering that she is the goddess reborn as a mortal ?
      Like the other thousand times anybody in the game quotes him "chosen hero" ?

• sorry for asking what means "by everyone involved" in that context ?

im totally new into LoZ and SS blasted my away - i really loved it and enjoyed it playing.

And of course it seems that link will be one of my favourite characters soon.

But i want to get 100% sure that he is not one of the badest Links or more worse than other reincarnations. This is the reason why im asking :)

• Castigear wrote:

The other characters.
      To prevent that you missunderstood me, maybe because of my bad writing... :ironic:

Yeah i know that he was considered by the other characters as the chosen hero.

But is the fact the is is called "chosen hero" by Zelda, Impa, Dragons, Demise, Fi a evidence or a proof that he really is THE chosen Hero ( of the goddess) ?

This is what i would like to know.

I was reading the story complete and i knew the sentences in which link was called so ( You are the chosen Hero, and i, Zelda.. // ..To assist her chosen hero on his mission) but are those references the proof or evidence that he 100% correctly is the chosen hero ?

• 99% is far enough i guess.

i dont think that hylia reborn in Zelda is lying or wrong.
      Another point is that there is no other who do things like Link.

Even if he is not a hero chosen by the goddess, he is hero beause of his actions.

I mean we have no other choice because link always rescued the entire world from evil this should be evidence enough.

Or do you know any other 100% canon sources which gave us evidence that link is the chosen hero.

I just know the ingame texts which say so

EDIT:I searched for informations in Hyrule Historia.
      In the SS Part of the Book there is a little small text on the right side about the goddess sword which says that if evil returns the sword can be drawn forth from the chosen hero. ( i cant trnaslate from german 1:1 ) Maybe you know this little text i guess you own a copy of that book
      Do you think that this text from Hyrule Historia is another proof that he is the chosen hero ?