Night 0: Turnabout Party
"Must we have confetti every time, Detective?" This was Chief Prosecutor Miles Edgeworth's complaint as he watched his main detective carry box after box of confetti into the courtroom.
Come rain or shine, any time any victory came to one of his friends that was even half worth celebrating, Detective Dick Gumshoe would always ensure that there was always plenty of confetti ready to throw in celebration of their latest accomplishment.
Miles wasn't even sure where he got such things in such mass amounts, but he had his hunches; after all, one night, he had made a stop at the Detective's home and found stack after stack of sheets of colored paper on the table next to a paper shredder, a pair of scissors, and a large empty cardboard box lying on the floor nearby -- very much like the box that Miles saw him carrying confetti in currently, in fact.
Of all the pointless things to do. the Chief Prosecutor thought to himself, Surely, it would be easier and cheaper to simply buy bags of confetti from some party supply instead, if he must do such a thing.
Or would it?
"Of course, Mr. Edgeworth, Sir! What kind of party would it be without confetti?" the detective in question cheerfully replied as he placed another box of confetti on the table.
That's the third box of confetti. Miles inwardly counted, Is he truly that bored and out of work that making confetti was the only constructive use of his time that he could think of, or was he just particularly excited for today's celebration?
"A tidy one." he finally and dryly replied after watching the detective gazing proudly upon his work, "I truly pity the poor soul who has to sweep up that dreadful mess after every trial you or whomever you might send in your place attend."
"Actually, Sir," the detective sheepishly replied, rubbing the back of his own head, "they usually make me do that, since I'm the one who usually makes the mess in the first place."
Miles looked a bit intrigued and confused at that comment.
And he still goes through with it anyway? he inwardly thought, He truly must be bored.
Miles smirked slightly as he watched the somewhat clumsy but diligent Detective struggle to hang a banner in place.
Or maybe he just cares.
Another hour, and the preparations were already most done.
"Well, I'm afraid I really must be going, Detective. I trust you can handle the rest?" Miles asked, looking back at the somewhat scruffy looking cop.
"Yes, sir! Just leave it to me!" Gumshoe enthusiastically replied.
Nodding in acknowledgment, Miles turned and started to head towards the double doors leading out of the courtroom.
"I'll make you proud, pal!" The detective called out happily.
Miles stopped a moment, not bothering to turn around, but actually smiling slightly nonetheless.
"See that you do."
And with that, he left the courtroom, leaving Gumshoe to his work.
- Typical ZU forum rules apply. Don't be a jerk. I understand Mafia can get heated, and that's fine, but don't insult or be rude to each other. Try to be respectful.
- No speculation about the game or its roles outside of the game thread. Anyone is welcome to post in the hub to chat, but all speculation should be kept to yourselves until after the game is through.
- Don't make commentary in the Hub that is likely to sway the players' feelings about the game (e.g., comments about "I knew [player] was a Mafia all along", etc.).
- Absolutely no quoting of PMs in either the game thread or the hub.
- Mafia games require commitment. If you do not think you will have the time to play this game for a reasonable amount of time each day (e.g., a few hours or more), then do not sign up. Inactivity hurts not just your teammates, but all players involved.
4. Knight Hawk
5. Please Understand
14. Jaime Lannister
16. Dark Link Reigns
17. Kay Faraday
Celebrating 2 whole years of ZU membership -- 8/22/2015 - 8/22/2017
The post was edited 22 times, last by Linkle ().