Forums
Guides
Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
    2017 Zelda Veteran Challenges!
    • For the new year, I, the infamous @Nelsyv, am issuing a series of challenges for all the Zelda veterans out there. Each month, we will decide on a list of 8 challenges, each to be completed in under one hour. If you are up to a challenge and overcome it, post in this thread and show some kind of proof. Anyone who completes all 8 challenges, or the player that completes the most of everyone who attempts, is the Greatest Zelda Veteran for that month.

Attempts may begin at 0:00 (midnight before) the first day of the month.

We have until 23:59 (11:59pm) of December 31, 2016, to decide on the list of 8 challenges for January.

Good luck. :sparta:

MOD EDIT: Here is the previous thread for 2016's challenge year:

2016 Legend of Zelda Veteran's Challenge!

MOD EDIT THE SECOND: Here is a rough list of the rules:

1) You get 1 hour to complete each challenge once you've started it (unless a time limit has been set on a particular challenge) - this will be done on the honor system so please try to stick to this rule in the interest of fairness!

2) Month's challenges begin 12AM the first of each month and end 11:59PM the last day of each month.

3) MUST HAVE PROOF OF YOUR COMPLETION! This could be in the form of a video, screenshot, etc. but must be able to prove you completed the challenge.

4) Submissions for the next months challenges will begin one week before the end of the current month and will end on the last day before the end of the month (whenever it is agreed that the challenge list is complete for the next month).

Nelsyv wrote:

I saw that the trailer they released at the end of the Switch event stream looked like it would be a story trailer, so I immediately turned it off. I'm going dark until I've beaten BotW, I don't want any spoilers whatsoever. Wish me strength to resist the temptations.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Big Daddy Biggles ().

• I'm in!

List of suggestions:
      Kill Aghanim in ALttP with something that's not your sword.
      Racing bros challenge in ALBW. (You get your time in game so you dont have to film the whole thing too!)
      Or one of the puzzle room/challenges in ALBW.
      A dungeon with no sword (as far as applicable).
      How many dungeons can you complete in 30 minutes in LoZ1.
    • Here's some for consideration:

1) Complete as much of MM as possible within the first three day cycle (after having the deku mask removed) - NO SLOWING DOWN TIME!

2) Who can win a Goron sumo wrestling match in TP the fastest (you get three attempts and you take your fastest time - you can post all your times for comparison) (can't remember if you can keep doing sumo wrestling after the initial story-line part - if not disregard this challenge)

3) Who can complete the Savage Labyrinth in WW the quickest.

Will add more if I can think of any before the submission deadline.

Just a comment on the set of rules:

I don't know if having the time limit set at 1 hour is really going to work that well. As shown by Hollowmans list, if we choose to do the 30 minute dungeon challenge, that's half the time limit gone for just one challenge. Why not have a mega list of challenges and whoever completes the most over the course of the month wins (or whoever finishes the whole list quickest wins)?

We can also carry over some challenges from each month to fill in the list for the next month if need be.

Sig & Avvy by Lady Sunshine, the most wonderful girl in the world
    • I meant it as a guideline when inventing the challenges, not necessarily as a hard limit for each challenge.

And yes, one hour per challenge, not one hour per month.

Nelsyv wrote:

I saw that the trailer they released at the end of the Switch event stream looked like it would be a story trailer, so I immediately turned it off. I'm going dark until I've beaten BotW, I don't want any spoilers whatsoever. Wish me strength to resist the temptations.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Nelsyv ().

• So it is now a few days into the new year. Here is a quick list of what has been proposed for challenges this month:

1) Kill Aghanim in ALttP with something that's not your sword

2) Racing Bros. Challenge in ALBW - who can get the fastest time (You get your time in game so you dont have to film the whole thing too!)

3) Completing one of the puzzle room/challenges in ALBW the quickest

4) A dungeon with no sword (as far as applicable)(Should decided on a specific dungeon so it is fair as some dungeons are much easier than others)

5) How many dungeons can you complete in 30 minutes in LoZ1

6) Complete as much of MM as possible within the first three day cycle (after having the deku mask removed) - NO SLOWING DOWN TIME!

7) Who can win a Goron sumo wrestling match in TP the fastest (you get three attempts and you take your fastest time - you can post all your times for comparison) (can't remember if you can keep doing sumo wrestling after the initial story-line part - if not disregard this challenge)

8) Who can complete the Savage Labyrinth in WW the quickest.

I think that is a pretty solid list (at least for our first month's challenges). If there aren't any objections, I say we get this party started! Best of luck to all!

EDIT: Also, I edited the OP to include some basic rules (in case newbies decided to join us in the endeavor). If I have missed something or something needs changing, let me know!

The post was edited 2 times, last by Big Daddy Biggles ().

• Unfortunately, I'm going to forfeit the first few months of challenges, as I'm dipping out of all Zelda related media now.

Nelsyv wrote:

• Alas, I am not a contender for this month. I am moving into my new house at the end of the month so most of my free time is getting shit together for that (purchasing stuff, packing, etc.).

I should be more available to do the challenges come Feb.

I don't know if anyone is actually doing the challenges this month but if not we can reuse the list for next month (and maybe add to/modify it).