Forums
Guides
Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
~*sPoOkY hALLoWeEn pArTy~(I'M A DICK)* GAME OVER!
  • You mean this one?

Anomaly wrote:

HarmonicalHero wrote:

English wrote:

I wish Foo were here to explain his plan. But I have a feeling he had a plan in case he died.

So people we believe should be town:
    - Tony
    - English
    - Anomaly (so far)

People I believe to be town:
    - boxes
    - Anna Claire

People I believe are neutral:
    - HollowmanOfEoL
    - Cody
    - Kay Faraday
    - Double A
    - HarmonicalHero

There should be about 2-3 scum in the lower list.

[UNVOTE]Double A[/UNVOTE]
    [VOTE]HarmonicalHero[/VOTE]

I believe this use of your item is lame. Using it to watch Foo seems strange to me, when you could have used it to confirm some town power role or to catch a killer in the act. I haven't trusted you all game and I see no reason why I shouldn't kill you now.

Foo stayed my hand earlier. But your eccentric behavior Day 1 and your revenge vote for me yesterday compounded with this is far too much.
    Well, I didn't watch Foo last night.I watched you, English, because I thought it was suspicious that you kept wanting to lynch me out of the game.

And what were my results?

Foo visited you last night, English.

I assume this means that you have a special item. If not, why would this be? :arch:
    Well okay then. So there's a few implications from this.
    1) English is a Nexus (as he claimed) and he bounced you to a random player, which happened to be the one Foo was giving an item to
    2) English is a Nexus (as he claimed) and he bounced both you and Foo to the same player (very unlikely, I can't imagine someone as calculating as Foo would leave his gift to the chance of a Nexus, though he could have been testing English's claim)
    3) English is not a Nexus and both you and Foo successfully visited him last night, making English a liar.

I think the important thing here is that the player who received an item last night comes forward right now. We don't necessarily need to know what the item is, we just need to know that you got one and wait to see if there is a counterclaim. If everybody checks in after this post, but nobody claims, it's relatively safe to assume that English was lying about his Nexus claim, and I believe the policy is lynch all liars? Let's see how this goes.

@Double A I don't presently have anything to tell you about who to trust or not to trust which is concrete. Based on my role, however, I don't trust HarmonicalHero (nothing new there), and there is a possibility that I may not trust one of two other players, though I don't wish to comment on their identities or the nature of my powers until I can reach more concrete conclusions on them. Hopefully today, but I don't know.
  • Proposed list of Town & Scum roles remaining

If English is scum:If Tony is scum:If Anomaly is scum:
    TOWN:
    Vanilla (x a bunch)
    Inventor
    Doctor
    Cop
    Tracker
    Day Vig

MAFIA:
    Godfather
    Role Cop
    JOAT (Silence, Roleblock?)
    Goon
    Something else

TOWN:
    Vanilla (x a bunch)
    Inventor
    Doctor
    Cop
    Tracker
    Nexus

MAFIA:
    Godfather
    Role Cop
    Goon
    Some Mafia Daykill thing
    TOWN:
    Vanilla (x a bunch)
    Inventor
    Doctor
    Cop
    Nexus
    Day Vig

MAFIA:
    Godfather
    Role Cop
    Goon
    Something else

OK I really think the possibility of Tony being scum is low. Inventors are moderate-utility as the items can be passed to either town or scum. Having that and a Nexus (negative utility) on town side, with only two investigative roles, against a Mafia with a daykill, a JOAT, a GF and a role cop, ... seems a bit wrong to me.

Now the question is is it more likely to have a Nexus or a Tracker on town side. This is all of course assuming the cop read on Kay was good.

"Oh hun, ... somewhere out there, there's a planet for you. It's not this one." -- Foo
    [signature by RealmWings]
  • Before I go, I'd ask people to consider what evidence there is for Anomaly's legitimacy other than bussing Anna Claire (who mentioned being bussed, for the record) to win over Town confidence.

Everything else (including exonerating me) is just convenient information that the Mafia would have, hence why he's backtracking and trying to pin me as a Ninja. The vote would naturally go to English after I was cleared, but given the lack of other targets, he needed to set up a diversion or risk being caught.
  • Anna was on the Axius wagon after me (and she voted him at start of day). Her statement could have been referring to herself, or she could have been trying to implicate another player (e.g., me) who was on a bunch of scum wagons, or she could have been talking to Anomaly. Who knows.

"Oh hun, ... somewhere out there, there's a planet for you. It's not this one." -- Foo
  • Actually, well,

1. Tracking a claimed Vanilla would be safe
    2. Tracking a fellow Mafia would be safe, but getting your own team-mate lynched would be sort of ???
    3. Tracking an unknown player when you have a role cop on your side isn't risky. And I was a good role cop target since I was on so many Mafia wagons.
    4. Stating that the Cop visited his target AFTER the cop shared results, again, safe.

And tracking the cop was just a bad use of the ability. Who was really doubting Hollowman's claim? I mean, in the presence of the GF, no counterclaim, bastard 1.5. You could have tracked like, an unknown person. Like me. Or Tony. Or even Kay to check the unlikely chance of a bad cop read and/or support Kay's story if she chose to claim.

• Or, you know, since Cody was a Mafia Rolecop, Anomaly could claim Tracker having just known who Cody found to be a vanilla/not vanilla.

Still don't understand the Anna Claire bus thing, but at this point I have nowhere else to go with my thoughts since there should be no way boxes or Kay are scum and Tony shouldn't be scum unless Anomaly is as well.
  • So a bare-bones, balanced Mafia game has a Godfather, a Cop, and a Doctor, with Vanillas/Goons filling in each additional slot.

So I'm going to take these things as a balance of each other.

Sooo how does a JOAT and a role cop balance with everything on town side?

Inventor -- as I said, this is sort of on the fence since both town and mafia can receive items.

Nexus messes with both town and mafia and is generally considered negative utility, so I'll put this slightly in favor of Mafia.

Which leaves a DV. Does a 1-shot DV balance a Nexus and a Role Cop and a JOAT (likely with roleblocking abilities)?

Or do a DV and a Tracker balance a Role Cop and a JOAT?

• OK you know what. I think claiming Tracker and faking tracking results (now that I've looked at those results and the bad decision of tracking Hollowman) is probably easier than claiming Nexus before anyone checked in. Particularly since the Mafia had a JOAT and a role cop, I wouldn't be so fast to fakeclaim Nexus in that position.

We have two tries at this, anyway.

[unvote]English[/unvote]
    [vote]Anomaly[/vote]

• I think having a town Tracker balances the game more (versus Nexus), but then I usually don't "get" the way games are balanced so I don't trust myself there.

Since I really don't know how a Nexus would redirect two actions I can't say one way or another about HH's item result.

Anomaly's vote record is better and Anomaly got Anna lynched.

English's claim was more difficult to make (and I really don't get some of Anomaly's target choices, like the claimed Vanilla on N1, or Hollowman on N4).

Anomaly had a weird exchange with Cody which ... may have been sincere? Cody claimed after Anomaly did, so Cody could have just chose whatever Anomaly wasn't.

Like I honestly can't tell.