Guides
Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
    • Nintendo
    The Nintendo Switch
    • Canyarion wrote:

I wonder if there's 2-player action. Both for making and playing.
      It looks like it. At long last, 2D Mario has network play. I'm not sure if you can play with randoms or not, but it sounded like it to me. You definitely can do co-op course creation, though. I'm looking forward to this.
      "Wow! This looks pretty heavy. You won't be able to lift it because you're a Dalek and have a plunger for a hand."
    • Mario Maker 2 is looking great. I enjoyed the first one, but I had nobody to share levels with and my friend didn't have a WII U (or play Mario). Still it was fun to make them and play random ones online. Now that I have many online friends, 2 will be a lot more fun. Well assuming some of them get it lol.

Check out my graphic design thread and get a banner for your thread today! Tru's Banner Workshop
    • I didn't want to get it, but now I'm tempted. It just looks like so much fun. I didn't expect online 4-player!

I'm a bit sad that they didn't introduce campaign creating. I was even dreaming they'd let you draw your own world maps, how awesome would that have been?

Edit: and they still have to introduce a game style, right next to 3D World. Maybe Odyssey? Mario 2? Galaxy?
      100% | Finished | Now playing:
      TLoZ | 2nd Q | TAoL | ALttP | LA | LA DX | OoT | OoT MQ | MM | OoA | OoS | ALttP (GBA) | FS | TWW | FSA | TMC | TP | LCT | PH | ST | OoT 3D | FS AE | SS | ALBW | MM 3D | TFH | TP HD | BotW

The post was edited 1 time, last by Canyarion ().

• Skywing wrote:

I never had the first one but from what I've heard I'm tempted with MM2. Like Tru I now have online friends thanks to ZU who I can play with. And MM2 will mean the return of Morning Mario on StephenPlays!
      Get it and play with/share levels with me. You know you want to~

Check out my graphic design thread and get a banner for your thread today! Tru's Banner Workshop
    • My dreams have been dashed for a story mode creator, but it's hard to be disappointed with how much compelling content they revealed yesterday for Mario Maker 2. This seems like a seriously impressive sequel. I bought the first game, but barely played it; I just can't find the passion and dedication for "create your own..." games unless you can also craft your own narrative. So I wasn't even considering Mario Maker 2 until recently, and that Direct yesterday may have just swayed me into a purchase.

I'm published! Check out -
      THE LEGEND OF LIGHT
      Book One, The Echoes of Light, available in Paperback and on Kindle - Book 2 out late 2018
      Read the first five chapters for free
    • Please Understand wrote:

Man, Mario Maker 2 looks great...... I might just buy it to play the story mode.
      To be honest, the story mode just seems "Play levels to earn coins, use coins to rebuild a castle." Not too exciting.

The game launches after E3, so I'm expecting them to reveal the final game theme there. Maybe another surprise. Story/map creator would be great.
      TLoZ | 2nd Q | TAoL | ALttP | LA | LA DX | OoT | OoT MQ | MM | OoA | OoS | ALttP (GBA) | FS | TWW | FSA | TMC | TP | LCT | PH | ST | OoT 3D | FS AE | SS | ALBW | MM 3D | TFH | TP HD | BotW
    • So I bought the Labo Robot Kit for €12 because the store was going bankrupt. To justify me buying a kids game, I'm going to give it to friends with a Switch and kids. I'm sure they'll let me borrow it.
    • Canyarion wrote:

So I bought the Labo Robot Kit for €12 because the store was going bankrupt. To justify me buying a kids game, I'm going to give it to friends with a Switch and kids. I'm sure they'll let me borrow it.
      Why did you feel the need to justify that?
      "But I don't want comfort. I want God, I want poetry, I want real danger, I want freedom, I want goodness. I want sin."
      "In fact," said Mustapha Mond, "you're claiming the right to be unhappy."
      "All right then," said the Savage defiantly, "I'm claiming the right to be unhappy."
      "Not to mention the right to grow old and ugly and impotent; the right to have syphilis and cancer; the right to have too little to eat; the right to be lousy; the right to live in constant apprehension of what may happen to-morrow; the right to catch typhoid; the right to be tortured by unspeakable pains of every kind." There was a long silence.
      "I claim them all," said the Savage at last.
      Mustapha Mond shrugged his shoulders. "You're welcome," he said.

—Aldous Huxley, Brave New World
    • So I bought a cheap USB-C cable of 3 meters. Now I notice the package says "synchronize or charge your Switch." The speed goes up to 480Mbps.

Did I just pay for a crappy cable that can't properly connect my Pro Controller to anything?

Edit: I just tested it, it seems to be working fine on my PC. I can play on Steam with this cable! The packaging text scared me. :)

The post was edited 3 times, last by Canyarion ().

• Zeldaisthebest! wrote:

Mario maker 2 looks sick! A story mode with 100+ levels made by nitendo is sick! I may just start with those levels before I even play any one else levels to give people time to come up with good levels. I suck at creating things dont have any creativity so I will play other peoples levels. VS mode is great and being able to like drive a car in levels and having super Mario 3d world is great to!
      Wait, what?! They might as well have just made another New Super Mario Bros. game if that was the case! What a waste. I'd rather have them put their full back into making it a Mario MAKER and not dilute the Maker part by using it to make so many of their own levels. Or you'd think if they do a really great job we'd have already heard of another 2D Mario (or at least a 3D World sequel, on a smaller scale than Odyssey but with more variety) by now.

I'm really torn on whether to get it if being able to get the most out of the experience is dependent upon their shameful monthly fee service. It feels like they're doing things so backward, not having a Mario title ready at the Switch's launch, and then not having a bigger library of games that would make it at least somewhat worthwhile to use the online service with once that launched, but once MM2 comes out it'll be inundated with newcomers using it. I bet there'll be big problems with it when that happens and they won't give anyone's money back.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Bomb Arrow ().

• Bomb Arrow wrote:

Wait, what?! They might as well have just made another New Super Mario Bros. game if that was the case! What a waste. I'd rather have them put their full back into making it a Mario MAKER and not dilute the Maker part by using it to make so many of their own levels. Or you'd think if they do a really great job we'd have already heard of another 2D Mario (or at least a 3D World sequel, on a smaller scale than Odyssey but with more variety) by now.

I'm really torn on whether to get it if being able to get the most out of the experience is dependent upon their shameful monthly fee service. It feels like they're doing things so backward, not having a Mario title ready at the Switch's launch, and then not having a bigger library of games that would make it at least somewhat worthwhile to use the online service with once that launched, but once MM2 comes out it'll be inundated with newcomers using it. I bet there'll be big problems with it when that happens and they won't give anyone's money back.
      Are you literally complaining that Mario Maker 2 has too much content and they should have charged us extra for those levels instead of offering them in package with MM2? :looney:
      "Can't post that on a Christian forum."
    • Bomb Arrow wrote:

Zeldaisthebest! wrote:

Mario maker 2 looks sick! A story mode with 100+ levels made by nitendo is sick! I may just start with those levels before I even play any one else levels to give people time to come up with good levels. I suck at creating things dont have any creativity so I will play other peoples levels. VS mode is great and being able to like drive a car in levels and having super Mario 3d world is great to!
      While we haven't seen them, I imagine they're probably gonna skew more towards shorter gimmick levels than full ones, because that way they can show off what you can do with the toolkit and give people ideas to build from.

I'm also a bit confused, this essentially means that we are getting a full Mario game with a toolkit bundled with it (ala Neverwinter Nights), why's that a bad thing? Is the concern that the maker part will be worse, somehow? But if they're actively using it to create levels then they can see its strengths and weaknesses and adjust it based on that. Plus, they already had most of the groundwork thanks to the WiiU and 3DS versions, so they don't have to build the toolkit from scratch, they just have to iterate on what's already there.

May those who accept their fate be granted happiness;

Those who defy it, glory!
    • Mario Maker 2 seems to be offering the best of both worlds. There will still be a deep toolkit with which players have boundless options to create levels, but there will also be an extensive amount of structured content for players who may not have the time or vision to create elaborate levels of their own.

I'm published! Check out -
      THE LEGEND OF LIGHT
      Book One, The Echoes of Light, available in Paperback and on Kindle - Book 2 out late 2018
      Read the first five chapters for free