Forums
Guides
Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
    The Nintendo Switch
    • MVS wrote:

Would be crazy if Persona 5 actually got ported to the Switch. Not that I am interested in the slightest (even though I like JRPGs), but can still recognize that the franchise is liked by many. I still waits for the Nier-port.
      Not only will Persona 5 be released but also Persona 3 and 4. I will eat my hat if not.

/RemindMe 01-01-2021
      "Can't post that on a Christian forum."
    • I'm still pretty much surprised that Persona 5 hasn't been ported to the Switch yet given its tremendous success in Japan where the Switch has now outsold the PS4. Given that Persona 5 ran on PS3, Persona 5 on Switch is definitely feasible.

Nier Automata is another story. Given how it ran on the PS4 and the limited resources the development team had to work with, I'm not sure if Nier Automata could run on the Switch.
    • Okami Takahashi wrote:

Yes we were referring to Automata.

IIRC Rainway was just a streaming app. I don't think you could actually "Play" the games being streamed to the Switch per say; you'd play them on your other console and it would stream the video to the Switch I think.

I heard there was controversy during development of the app anyway, and I lost faith in those developers- they sounded like dickweeds.
      Very well then.

I still think it is doable, without too many sacrifices. But I am no video game developer on the other hand. But when I hear stuff like a Switch version of The Witcher 3 or Final Fantasy XV and the like, then my excitement drops significantly since I don't believe they could run good enough without making unacceptable sacrifices. I could as well buy a PS4 at that point, and that can be found at a reasonable price nowadays. But who am I kidding, I would never buy Final Fantasy XV anyway, but that is a typical game that has been brought up before as a "Switch port candidate".

The post was edited 1 time, last by MVS ().

• Cornelius Fudge wrote:

I'm still pretty much surprised that Persona 5 hasn't been ported to the Switch yet given its tremendous success in Japan where the Switch has now outsold the PS4. Given that Persona 5 ran on PS3, Persona 5 on Switch is definitely feasible.

Nier Automata is another story. Given how it ran on the PS4 and the limited resources the development team had to work with, I'm not sure if Nier Automata could run on the Switch.
      It's just not very easy to port games, it takes time. Switch had to prove itself, so for a while it was not on the cards. Now that it has, I am sure Atlus will port ... Everything.
      "Can't post that on a Christian forum."
    • Cornelius Fudge wrote:

I'm still pretty much surprised that Persona 5 hasn't been ported to the Switch yet given its tremendous success in Japan where the Switch has now outsold the PS4. Given that Persona 5 ran on PS3, Persona 5 on Switch is definitely feasible.

Traditionally Atlus doesn't work on ports for Persona (or, well, any) games until after they're done. P5 is only a year-and-a-half old, and the Switch only came out two years ago, and when it launched no one really thought it'd be a big success, especially not with the Vita's failure.

I mentioned somewhere else on here, but P3 took three years to get a PSP port, and P4 took almost four. The P2s took over a decade :P.

May those who accept their fate be granted happiness;

Those who defy it, glory!
    • Please Understand wrote:

Cornelius Fudge wrote:

It's just not very easy to port games, it takes time. Switch had to prove itself, so for a while it was not on the cards. Now that it has, I am sure Atlus will port ... Everything.
      I wish they would port the older games. I played Persona 5 this year and would love to play the older ones, but everyone tells me that only certain versions are to be played, like Persona 4 Golden is the only version of Persona 4 to play, but that is Vita exclusive and I don't have a Vita. =/

I don't know the odds of that happening, though. Persona mainline seems to have always been Sony exclusive. P4G will most likely stay Vita exclusive and I never get to play it. =( Everything should have just been on the PS3/4 darn it.
    • Envy wrote:

Please Understand wrote:

Cornelius Fudge wrote:

I wish they would port the older games. I played Persona 5 this year and would love to play the older ones, but everyone tells me that only certain versions are to be played, like Persona 4 Golden is the only version of Persona 4 to play, but that is Vita exclusive and I don't have a Vita. =/
      I don't know the odds of that happening, though. Persona mainline seems to have always been Sony exclusive. P4G will most likely stay Vita exclusive and I never get to play it. =( Everything should have just been on the PS3/4 darn it.
      I mean, the difference between P4 and P4G isn't anything like as big as between P3 and P3P. You can play either P4 and P4G and be fine, you just miss out on a bit of extra content if you go for the first one. Of course, P4 was PS2, not 3, so the Vita version is probably actually easier to get.

That said, I don't see P3 (any version) or P4G coming to Switch, frankly. P5, though? It's seeming increasingly likely, though still not certain.

May those who accept their fate be granted happiness;

Those who defy it, glory!
    • Please Understand wrote:

Cornelius Fudge wrote:

Oh yeah, I agree. I'm just saying that Persona 5 is definitely plausible in the foreseeable future whenever that is.
    • John wrote:

Envy wrote:

Please Understand wrote:

Cornelius Fudge wrote:

I wish they would port the older games. I played Persona 5 this year and would love to play the older ones, but everyone tells me that only certain versions are to be played, like Persona 4 Golden is the only version of Persona 4 to play, but that is Vita exclusive and I don't have a Vita. =/I don't know the odds of that happening, though. Persona mainline seems to have always been Sony exclusive. P4G will most likely stay Vita exclusive and I never get to play it. =( Everything should have just been on the PS3/4 darn it.
      I mean, the difference between P4 and P4G isn't anything like as big as between P3 and P3P. You can play either P4 and P4G and be fine, you just miss out on a bit of extra content if you go for the first one. Of course, P4 was PS2, not 3, so the Vita version is probably actually easier to get.

That said, I don't see P3 (any version) or P4G coming to Switch, frankly. P5, though? It's seeming increasingly likely, though still not certain.

I've heard from others that you're missing out on a lot by playing the original Persona 4 instead of Persona 4 Gold.

Actually, the Persona 3 and 4 games are all easily available through the Playstation Store. Persona 4 is available on the PS3 through the digital store as a PS2 Classic or whatever they call it. Getting the games isn't a problem, it's getting the platform to play them. I have a PS3, but not Vita.
    • Too bad, Baton, because rumor's now going round that the Witcher III IS coming to Switch. Still unproven but a wholesaler in France has listed it on his site under Switch. Could be a mistake, could be legit, nobody knows.

Personally, I don't care if the graphics get downgraded. Skyrim got a bit of a downgrade on the Switch and still plays and looks great.
    • JP the Neurotic wrote:

There’s no way the Witcher3 is coming to switch
      Y tho? Do you mean technically it's not possible, Nintendo wouldn't allow it, or CD Projekt Red wouldn't do it? Honestly I don't see what's so unbelievable about it. Not that I think the rumors are necessarily true, but I could see it happening.
      A dark chase requires a silent hound, and deep roots are not reached by the frost.
    • Skyrim is a old game that was released an entire generation ago it’s mot even the same

I mean the FPS drops on the ps4 whst makes you thibk it can run on the switch ?

I mean it be cool if it could be on the switch - more people to play yhe Witcher is great but I can’t rvd imagine how it be possible . And that’s assuming we are o my talking about graphics . Who knows what systems are under the kid that require the tech in modern consoles to run as it does .
    • I mean, I'd point you to Wolfenstein 2 and Doom, both of which came out a year or two after the Witcher 3 and run actually pretty great on the Switch. Also, I played the entirety of the Witcher 3 and all its DLC on a mid-range laptop. It is a massive game that can look really nice, but it's 3 and a half years old at this point. Technically I think the Switch could handle a well-done port of it.

Again, I don't know about the veracity of the rumors, it just wouldn't surprise me.

EDIT: Having said that... What are these rumors again? Somebody got a source?
      A dark chase requires a silent hound, and deep roots are not reached by the frost.

The post was edited 2 times, last by GregariousTree ().

• Yeah, even with optimization "magic" it feels a bit far fetched. Plus Doom and Wolfenstein aren't quite the same as a current generation open world game. I'm not even close to being an expert on this so this might sound ridiculous, but could a change in art style work? Like with cel shading and stuff. Give the game a Nintendo-esque look.

But yeah, still, leaning towards this not being real.

The post was edited 1 time, last by ich Will ().

• I don't care that much about graphics if the game in question was originally developed for the weaker system, but when you take an already beautiful looking game that I have seen before, and just downgrade it a lot straight up, then the appeal shrinks a great deal for me. Another artstyle? Would probably be too much work is my guess, and it would just feel odd and "wrong". I dunno.