Forums
Guides
Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
    The Nintendo Switch
    • MasterZSword wrote:

      But I'm wondering how many people here are getting any issues? Are any of your guys' screens getting scratched? Is the dock bending?
      I haven't had any joycon issues, and I got an $8 tempered glass screen protector for my Switch on day one, because it is a $300 handheld without a built-in cover so that seemed like a no-brainer.
      My philosophy on the timeline now is the same as Winston Churchill’s:

      “It is a mistake to look too far ahead. The chain of destiny can only be grasped one Link at a time.”
    • Castigear wrote:

      MasterZSword wrote:

      But I'm wondering how many people here are getting any issues? Are any of your guys' screens getting scratched? Is the dock bending?
      I haven't had any joycon issues, and I got an $8 tempered glass screen protector for my Switch on day one, because it is a $300 handheld without a built-in cover so that seemed like a no-brainer.
      I heard people are experiencing more frame rate issues on breath of the wild when they're playing with it docked and on their tv. Would you agree?
    • No screen protector here, 0 scratches. I don't take it out of the dock too often though.

      MasterZSword wrote:

      I heard people are experiencing more frame rate issues on breath of the wild when they're playing with it docked and on their tv. Would you agree?
      The game is not the same when docked, it has better resolution and higher quality post processing. That leads to some framerate issues occasionally but it's not too bad - far better than Wii U version.
      "Can't post that on a Christian forum."

      The post was edited 1 time, last by Please Understand ().

    • I contacted Nintendo about my right Joycon, thanks for the reminder.

      And I don't think any docks are bending. Each one is slightly bent and some may be bent a bit more than usual.
      100% | Finished | Now playing:
      TLoZ | 2nd Q | TAoL | ALttP | LA | LA DX | OoT | OoT MQ | MM | OoA | OoS | ALttP (GBA) | FS | TWW | FSA | TMC | TP | LCT | PH | ST | OoT 3D | FS AE | SS | ALBW | MM 3D | TFH | TP HD | BotW
    • Do you guys predict a power upgrade in the future?

      I doubt Nintendo would do something like that but I mean think about it. The system is running at its peak already in terms of frame rate. Anything past breath of the wild and we can expect frame rate drops

      What about a year from now? What about the next Zelda? What if they make a metroid FPS game? Any game with good graphics and a lot of stuff going is going to have frame rate issues which is ridiculous and I think Nintendo should really consider that

      I know they said at the moment it would be impossible to make a system portable and be really powerful at the same time but a year from now maybe they will?
    • MasterZSword wrote:

      Do you guys predict a power upgrade in the future?

      I doubt Nintendo would do something like that but I mean think about it. The system is running at its peak already in terms of frame rate. Anything past breath of the wild and we can expect frame rate drops

      What about a year from now? What about the next Zelda? What if they make a metroid FPS game? Any game with good graphics and a lot of stuff going is going to have frame rate issues which is ridiculous and I think Nintendo should really consider that

      I know they said at the moment it would be impossible to make a system portable and be really powerful at the same time but a year from now maybe they will?
      I saw a video the other day, and the guy thought they might use the USB port on the back of the dock (the one near the HDMI and power sockets) to enable the use of an expansion pack (a bit like they did with the N64), that would then provide better graphics.

      I don't see it happening personally, as then the difference between docked and undocked would increase, but it is an interesting thought.
    • MasterZSword wrote:

      Nintendo released these statements

      google.com/amp/s/www.forbes.co…issues-on-the-switch/amp/

      But I'm wondering how many people here are getting any issues? Are any of your guys' screens getting scratched? Is the dock bending?
      The dock does seem to me to be slightly bent inward, though I don't if this is intentional or a quality issue. There's still plenty of wiggle room and it doesn't press against the screen. I do have rub marks on the lower left and right hand sides from where the rubber secures it when docked, but no scratches.

      I do however get controller sync issues. Left one mainly, occasionally on the right as well. If I'm more than three feet from the console and I'm sitting with me leg crossed in front of the controller, it causes issues. Returning line of sight fixes it, but still a common issue I can recreate.
    • Bruce wrote:

      kpjaeg wrote:

      I called my local Walmart yesterday and asked if they had any restocks shipped in lately for Nintendo Switch. The lady on the phone told me a straight NO. I went to walmart anyway 2 hours later to get groceries only to see this lady walkin out from the store with the Nswitch box on her hands.

      I hurriedly parked my car and ran straight to the electronics section and the guy told me that they dont have one anymore. Told him about the lady I saw outside and he immediately says "Oh, the one she got was a return today". :(

      Talk about bad luck. Atm, I got my BoTW and pro controller in hand with nothing to play it with.
      Gamestop reportedly should have more in stock by Wednesday this week.
      Just got one today from Walmart, they have 5 stocks that was just shipped this morning and shelved. I got the first one of em. Some GS today all over North America have atleast 5 restocks each store too, so to anyone still looking for an NSwitch call start calling your local GS.
    • The Switch definitely has problems with the Dock and Joy Con connectivity, but thankfully I've not encountered a problem that can't be solved by just being wary of it. So I take my Switch out carefully from the Dock a lot and it's got no scratches on it so far! And if we play 1-2 Switch we just have to move our phones since they screw with the connection.

      I've got no real complaints about the hardware except the Wi-Fi is terrible basically everywhere I go. Though I'm looking forward to additional features being put in! I'd like the Switch to function as my all-in-one travel device, but right now it's too bare bones to truly do that.
    • AndroidOS wrote:

      MasterZSword wrote:

      Do you guys predict a power upgrade in the future?
      I saw a video the other day, and the guy thought they might use the USB port on the back of the dock (the one near the HDMI and power sockets) to enable the use of an expansion pack (a bit like they did with the N64), that would then provide better graphics.
      I don't see it happening personally, as then the difference between docked and undocked would increase, but it is an interesting thought.
      Yeah and I saw a video with a guy who thought Nintendo would send out fairies to enhance each Switch with magical stardust. ;)

      Man, the system's out for a few weeks and already people keep speculating about an upgrade.

      News flash: Nintendo's systems aren't as strong as the Sony and Microsoft consoles. Stop dreaming about it and just enjoy the Switch as it is.
      100% | Finished | Now playing:
      TLoZ | 2nd Q | TAoL | ALttP | LA | LA DX | OoT | OoT MQ | MM | OoA | OoS | ALttP (GBA) | FS | TWW | FSA | TMC | TP | LCT | PH | ST | OoT 3D | FS AE | SS | ALBW | MM 3D | TFH | TP HD | BotW
    • Canyarion wrote:

      AndroidOS wrote:

      MasterZSword wrote:

      Do you guys predict a power upgrade in the future?
      I saw a video the other day, and the guy thought they might use the USB port on the back of the dock (the one near the HDMI and power sockets) to enable the use of an expansion pack (a bit like they did with the N64), that would then provide better graphics.I don't see it happening personally, as then the difference between docked and undocked would increase, but it is an interesting thought.
      Yeah and I saw a video with a guy who thought Nintendo would send out fairies to enhance each Switch with magical stardust. ;)
      Man, the system's out for a few weeks and already people keep speculating about an upgrade.

      News flash: Nintendo's systems aren't as strong as the Sony and Microsoft consoles. Stop dreaming about it and just enjoy the Switch as it is.
      Their past systems were powerful enough to run their games without issues though. The switch should be able to too

      And it's hard to buy it and feel confident about enjoying it as it is since there are so many people complaining about joy con connectivity and other hardware issues
    • MasterZSword wrote:

      Canyarion wrote:

      AndroidOS wrote:

      MasterZSword wrote:

      Do you guys predict a power upgrade in the future?
      I saw a video the other day, and the guy thought they might use the USB port on the back of the dock (the one near the HDMI and power sockets) to enable the use of an expansion pack (a bit like they did with the N64), that would then provide better graphics.I don't see it happening personally, as then the difference between docked and undocked would increase, but it is an interesting thought.
      Yeah and I saw a video with a guy who thought Nintendo would send out fairies to enhance each Switch with magical stardust. ;)Man, the system's out for a few weeks and already people keep speculating about an upgrade.

      News flash: Nintendo's systems aren't as strong as the Sony and Microsoft consoles. Stop dreaming about it and just enjoy the Switch as it is.
      Their past systems were powerful enough to run their games without issues though. The switch should be able to too
      And it's hard to buy it and feel confident about enjoying it as it is since there are so many people complaining about joy con connectivity and other hardware issues
      Dock scratching is by no means a universal issue, and probably not even that big. A screen protector should cover you either way. Joycon connectivity being shaky might be a more significant one but wouldn't require a full revision, at most changing the Joycon insides slightly, and wouldn't require a full hardware upgrade. I doubt we'd get any kind of hardware improvement sooner than 2-3 years from now, and even then it wouldn't be more than n3DS level improvement and/or better battery life. Any changes that haven't been implemented by the holiday season aren't happening for a while, provided the Switch is successful. (and it most likely will be considering its strong year 1 lineup)
    • MasterZSword wrote:

      Do you guys predict a power upgrade in the future?

      I doubt Nintendo would do something like that but I mean think about it. The system is running at its peak already in terms of frame rate. Anything past breath of the wild and we can expect frame rate drops

      What about a year from now? What about the next Zelda? What if they make a metroid FPS game? Any game with good graphics and a lot of stuff going is going to have frame rate issues which is ridiculous and I think Nintendo should really consider that

      I know they said at the moment it would be impossible to make a system portable and be really powerful at the same time but a year from now maybe they will?
      If power vs cost was to high right now but going to really be better in only like a year then Nintendo should have just wanted and had switch come out next year.
    • Zeldaisthebest! wrote:

      If power vs cost was to high right now but going to really be better in only like a year then Nintendo should have just wanted and had switch come out next year.
      And how would they make money this year? You realize how many employees/operating costs Nintendo has? They needed the Switch to come out this year. And it looks like it's pretty successful for them so I don't see the problem.
      "Can't post that on a Christian forum."
    • Please Understand wrote:

      Zeldaisthebest! wrote:

      If power vs cost was to high right now but going to really be better in only like a year then Nintendo should have just wanted and had switch come out next year.
      And how would they make money this year? You realize how many employees/operating costs Nintendo has? They needed the Switch to come out this year. And it looks like it's pretty successful for them so I don't see the problem.
      While they could have supported the wii u a little bit longer.
    • Zeldaisthebest! wrote:

      Please Understand wrote:

      Zeldaisthebest! wrote:

      If power vs cost was to high right now but going to really be better in only like a year then Nintendo should have just wanted and had switch come out next year.
      And how would they make money this year? You realize how many employees/operating costs Nintendo has? They needed the Switch to come out this year. And it looks like it's pretty successful for them so I don't see the problem.
      While they could have supported the wii u a little bit longer.
      But no one would buy a Wii U knowing a new console was coming out soon, so their only customers would be existing Wii U owners...Which isn't a whole load of people.

      As Please Understand said, the Switch launch has seemed to work well the way it was done.
    • MasterZSword wrote:

      Canyarion wrote:

      News flash: Nintendo's systems aren't as strong as the Sony and Microsoft consoles. Stop dreaming about it and just enjoy the Switch as it is.
      Their past systems were powerful enough to run their games without issues though. The switch should be able to too
      And it's hard to buy it and feel confident about enjoying it as it is since there are so many people complaining about joy con connectivity and other hardware issues
      You're not buying a system because a vocal minority is complaining? Your choice, but that's a silly reason to miss out on a lot of fun.

      Nintendo's press release says that the percentage of defect hardware is just as high as with previous systems. And they're offering to repair any defects. A lot of fuzz about nothing.

      Zeldaisthebest! wrote:

      If power vs cost was to high right now but going to really be better in only like a year then Nintendo should have just wanted and had switch come out next year.
      In a year they'd have exactly the same problem. You always have to balance power vs cost (vs battery life etc). If they had released the current hardware in 1 year, it would have felt more outdated. They wouldn't do that, they'd make a different balance and then the end result would be the same. Only a year later, without any profit from a new system.
      100% | Finished | Now playing:
      TLoZ | 2nd Q | TAoL | ALttP | LA | LA DX | OoT | OoT MQ | MM | OoA | OoS | ALttP (GBA) | FS | TWW | FSA | TMC | TP | LCT | PH | ST | OoT 3D | FS AE | SS | ALBW | MM 3D | TFH | TP HD | BotW