Forums
Guides
Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
Mafia T1: Day 3 - Good Knight
  • Kol Gaines: Double A, Ruki, Dr Gazooks, Kay Faraday, zoraluigi, Please Understand
    Solsetur: Kol Gaines, Knight Hawk
    Kay Faraday: Solsetur, Midoro
    HollowmanofEOL: Kaylin
    Zoraluigi: HarmonicalHero

Not voting: Orion (English), HollowmanofEOL

That was the end result from Day 1 lynch votes.
    Have not checked if the order is 100% correct yet.
    Will have to step outside for a few, but I'll check it once I'm back.
  • I'm about to head out.

I'd like to note that Zoraluigi's vote on Kol Gaines isn't something I find lynchworthy in and of itself. While, yes, it's something we need to look at -- we also need to look at Ruki and Please Understand, Kay Faraday and Gazooks. They all voted for Kol as well and pretending that the onus is just on zoraluigi is stupid, imo.

I'm also suspicious of you Harmonical, I do find it weird that the mafia wouldn't lynch you since you claimed doctor. Perhaps it was just a play to see if we'd lynch our own doctor? Idk. It would be genius if they managed to pull it off. There's a 50-50 shot that you're scum, pretending to be doctor to lure out our real doctor, or you're the doctor and the mafia is either calling your bluff or trying to see if town lynches you.

Regardless.

I'd like to pressure Kay Faraday today whenever she gets on, see where that goes. She was one of the ones voting for Kol, hopped on and off the wagon repeatedly, and I honestly just don't trust her at this point in time. Even if she isn't scum I don't think she's playing in the interest of town. She either needs to convince me she can be of some use to the town or that there's a better lynch option here.

@English

Whenever you wake up and can check in, what do you think of the Kay Faraday/me situation? What do you think of zoraluigi? Harmonical?

@Please Understand

If you had to pick one person to lynch today right now, and you couldn't change your vote later on, who would you lynch?

@Knight Hawk

If you had to pick one person you would give full immunity to for this day and night cycle with near-certainty they aren't scum, who would it be?

@HollowmanOfEoL

What play do you think I could be making as Scum!Solsetur?

@HarmonicalHero

Why shouldn't we lynch you today? Why do you think mafia didn't target you last night?

@Dr.Gazooks

you're new, time to get you involved. What are some early reads from you? Who do you think we should pursue today?

@Ruki

Besides giving "event lists" I find your play style in this game to much more passive than last time around. Why is that?

@zoraluigi

If you had to pick one person other than HarmonicalHero and Kay Faraday to lynch, who would it be? Why?

I think it's high time we start getting some meaningful discussion going. We've already wasted a good two hours, and yesterday was wholly uneventful and led to the lynching of a townie because nobody was willing to pursue something that wasn't a random vote by Double A and a vote by me with weak reasoning. We need more to go on if we're going to avoid a mislynch. I'm open for lynching just about anybody today. My prime targets as of this very moment:

Kay Faraday -- Maybe she was just trolling me. Maybe she was just tired. Regardless, as far as scummy behavior goes I really do think that she fits the bill. Normally she plays more laid back as scum, so it's quite likely that she is town. If she is indeed town, though, I want to know: What was that freak out about? What does she have to hide? She wasn't under any pressure whatsoever when she switched from her so-say "certain" vote of me to Kol Gaines. Then she switched off of Kol too Ruki for no reason whatsoever. I don't like it. If we put more pressure on her today I'm curious if she'd crack and reveal herself to be mafia, or potentially need bailing out by a teammate, or if she would manage to right her ship and convince us to lynch someone else. Regardless of her alignment, I think pressuring her would be a good way to generate content for the town.

HarmonicalHero -- I don't like his play yesterday. If he is the doctor, it wasn't a smart move. If he isn't the doctor, lynch all liars. 75-25 shot that he is scum if he isn't the doctor. To our real doctor: Don't reveal yourself unless you are about to be lynched or something, lol. It's not worth outing yourself over a weird play like this one.

Voted for Kol Gaines at the end of the day:

Zoraluigi -- He had his vote on Harmonical and then switched to Kol after Harmonical's role came out and he thought about it some. Jumping on the highest wagon is a good way to absolve yourself of blame in the case of being scum. He could have stayed no vote and had a Kol lynch still go through however. Mafia would be drawing undo attention by voting on bandwagons willy-nilly. That said, it's not entirely implausible that he is scum. Someone we should look into, but I don't think he is a lock. The reasoning is flimsy at best. I think we have better candidates to look at in terms of content-generation at this point. I want to see more activity from him moving forward.

Ruki -- Ruki wasn't an end of day vote, but I'm putting her on here. I don't think she has much to answer for, really. She jumped on early. She didn't have much of a reason, but Kol was acting slightly scummy.

Please Understand -- Jumped from Kol to Kay to Kol. I don't think it was necessary, really. His vote was inconsequential. Something think about moving forward. I feel like he is town but his voting pattern was odd.

Voted for Kay Faraday:

Myself -- I've outlined my position on Kay Faraday at this point already. The contradictions, the vote hopping, it didn't sit well with me under such little pressure.

Midoro -- Not sure why he voted for Kay. Kol was pretty much a lock at this point, so perhaps he disagreed with Kay's vote hopping and wanted to let her know. I dunno. It's not out of character for him to vote on a smaller lynch candidate at the end of the day, though. He didn't vote hop much with a plus for him in my eyes.

Voted for me:

Kol -- Didn't trust me

Knight Hawk -- Didn't like how I pushed for Kol. What's with it with people taking my first-day votes as me "pushing for a lynch"? this is like the fourth game in a row that my first vote has been overanalyzed xD not important, i just thought it was funny. I am almost positive that Knight Hawk is town.

Hollowman:

Kaylin -- Don't know what to think about this to be honest. Suddenly she's switched up and now doesn't trust me and Kay. I'm giving her slack because she's new, but if we don't have any leads by tomorrow they are someone I want to pursue depending on how today plays out.

Zoraluigi:

HarmonicalHero -- His uh.. gambit is convincing him that Zora is scum. Not sure what to think of it.

No vote:

Orion/English -- not here

Hollowman -- Went to sleep, didn't get back for EoD. A convenient excuse. I would say that Scum would want a lynch to go through. He is either town that didn't care too much about who was lynch or if a lynch took place, or a scum that was content to sit back and let town do his work for him.

Ask me for the clan test!

The post was edited 1 time, last by goronmario ().

• My play style is actually more like this lol. Last game I was more aggressive because I claimed cop Day 2 and then lead several successful lynches. I just was fighting with people like you more because you were claiming I was the godfather. :cookiemonster: Right now I'm seeing I'm sort of watching at the moment and rethinking my strategy. I was positive Kol Gaines was scum yesterday, but I was wrong. I'm also curious to see who other people are scummy and the reasons why because people can notice things others can miss. I'm still waiting for some people I questioned earlier to answer me. I also know that when a day starts this late in the day for Americans, more activity is the next day (when I'm at work) so it's better to simply wait and see what comes up as people check in.

That's not to say I haven't been getting information. I've been noticing things. For starters:

Dr. Gazooks: A new player who isn't really providing much substance to work with. While a lynch wouldn't reveal much, I do think he is being just active enough to say he is, but continues to slid under the radar. He is a new player to the forums though, and not familiar with our culture. Someone to look more closely at Day 3. Problem is with him, a flip would reveal nothing about his connections to other people based on how he interacted with them.

Kay Faraday: I've played a few games with her and lead my fair of witch hunts against her, lol. Sometimes on point, sometimes not. Either way she has the tendency to survive. I find her Discourse 2.0 with Sol and Please Understand interesting, and I am 100 percent positive that her vote on me was to troll Sol so I don't find that suspicious in of itself. That being said I do think the reason for Discourse 2.0 was born from Sol's assertion and Please Understand's agreement that she tends to do placeholder votes and it was hypocritical for her to say they were scummy. And honestly, I agree. What I find more interesting is that she switches her vote to Kol Gaines after Cody's vote count. Do I think she's 100 percent scum? No. Do I think she's suspicious and should keep an eye on? Yes.

zoraluigi: I have already explained why I find zoraluigi suspicious. Advocating for a lynch for someone who is inactive is pretty scummy behavior. Voted at the last minute. Yet for some reason HarmonicalHero is convinced his gambit yesterday proved he was scum. @HarmonicalHero want to explain that more in detail?

Please Understand: Involved in Discourse 2.0 on Day 1. He also was in the no lynch team on Day 1, nor did he condone a vote for either zoraluigi or Kol Gaines. Despite this at the end of the day he votes for Kol Gaines.

Sol: Generating content; a lot of it. Pushing and prodding and definitely vying for control of the town. Is part of not one but two discourses on Day 1. Has people finding him suspicious for two discourses, which, frankly, is understandable. He said Day 1 he was good for lynching an inactive.

Knight Hawk: Came out stating Kol Gaines without a shadow of a doubt was town. He was right. He is also confident I am town, which is also right. Although this seems to be a sentiment shared by everyone, which I am thankful for considering its true. Still I'm still aware I will not be fully vindicated until I flip, which is why I try to get out as much information for the town to use in later days in case I die. He also has a gut feeling that Midoro and Please Understand is town and Sol is suspicious. Part of me can't have a weird feeling he is scum by attaching himself to town players. Someone I think the cop should check out if they haven't already.

HollowmanOfEoL: He's been keeping in discussion and answering questions. Nothing too out of the ordinary. Occasionally throws shade.

Kaylin: Started the game asking questions. Switched from finding HollowmanOfEoL suspicious (which I thought was shaky grounds to begin with) to thinking he was town after Double A flipped town? I also find it interesting she says she thinks HarmonicaHero would be protected despite him claiming doctor? HollowmonOfEoL points out she seems to have understood the game better ... I think he is on to something possibly. Something to look in for today.

HarmonicalHero: Mafia last game and slid under the radar. He claimed doctor this game Day 1 without provocation, doing a long ass numerology game to do so. Completely unwarranted and has cast him in a suspicious light. Even more so when he didn't die last night. However, like I said, it's likely he's either Mafia or the Mafia felt he could be lynched today. Unless a doctor dies, I think he should be kept alive.

Midoro: He's engaging with others and answering questions asked of him. Play style consistent with when he was last game's MVP. Keeping active but not active enough to be in the town spotlight. Nothing really to be too suspicious of at the moment.

English: Subbed in for Orion.

That being said I think we need more data. The reason I make events is because Town in the past has utterly fucked up and dropped the ball by not going back and checking the god damn thread. Town has been on a win streak as of late, but paranoia can run deep. Our best hope right now is that our cop finds Mafia tonight so we can play follow the cop in the following days. At the very least, we need to end this Day with a good list of suspects so that whoever our Cop is can look through them and make an investigation.

So what would be good for everyone to do is give your thoughts on every player and take note of the way they are playing. I'm not asking for a read list. I'm asking for a play list. Behaviors you find odd. Things you noticed. Give reasons you find it odd. If nothing strikes you as sticking out, say so. Explain why. If you would like a template look at this post. This can be than compiled into a master list.

Also for additional kicks and giggles, here is my read list:

Scum: Zoraluigi, Kaylin and Dr. Gazooks
    Suspicious: HarmonicalHero
    Eyebrow raise: Kay Faraday and Knight Hawk

:heart: Rinn “Arwyn” Nailo drawn by Liah :heart:
    Rakshael: if I know one thing about Ruki, it's that she'll prove you wrong just for the sake of saying she did it
    Characters | The Time Lost | The Rumors We Believe | Ruki's Reviews
  • HollowmanOfEoL wrote:

Kaylin: Something (the gut) tells me that something is off. Some words she used feels not her own. I think she has found inspiration from someone else. If this is a helpful soul helping her understand the game or if it's a nightly conversation, I don't know.
    That "helpful soul" is called the mafia wiki and ZU archives. I didn't want to go into this blind. I can see how it would seem suspicious, but trust me, these are all my own words. Sidenote: I've played games like Ultimate Werewolf and Avalon before, so the hidden identity genre is far from new to me.

Sólsetur wrote:

Kaylin -- Don't know what to think about this to be honest. Suddenly she's switched up and now doesn't trust me and Kay. I'm giving her slack because she's new, but if we don't have any leads by tomorrow they are someone I want to pursue depending on how today plays out.
    Well you asked a question and I answered. Honestly I have no clue, it's just one of those "if I had to pick somebody" things. You asked for a reason and I gave one; a pretty bad one at that. We still have almost nothing to go off, so that's all I had to offer.
  • Sólsetur wrote:

@Kay Faraday Why shouldn't we lynch you for your excessive vote hopping and contradiction of yourself?
    *shrugs* Because that would be a really dumb thing to do?

Ruki wrote:

I want the following people to tell me who they find the most suspicious and why:

@Kay Faraday
    idk, probably Sol and Midoro. Maybe Midoro a bit more. They kind of jumped on me for the vote on you without considering why I would do it.

Sólsetur wrote:

I didn't really defend myself too hard against Kay? I mostly pressured her and then she ended up doing her weird vote hopping thing once I started poking holes in her logic lol.
    My logic is flawless, my argument for it, however, was not. We need votes that get information, placeholders just don't do that.

Sólsetur wrote:

I'd like to pressure Kay Faraday today whenever she gets on, see where that goes. She was one of the ones voting for Kol, hopped on and off the wagon repeatedly, and I honestly just don't trust her at this point in time. Even if she isn't scum I don't think she's playing in the interest of town. She either needs to convince me she can be of some use to the town or that there's a better lynch option here.

Hollowman -- Went to sleep, didn't get back for EoD. A convenient excuse. I would say that Scum would want a lynch to go through. He is either town that didn't care too much about who was lynch or if a lynch took place, or a scum that was content to sit back and let town do his work for him.
    I'd say you're a better lynch option than me :B

What's the deal with condemning people for their inconvenient time zones? >.< I am not gonna stay up for the end of day again this time, it made life difficult last night. Sleep should take priority.

@Please Understand I don't think I've seen a post from you yet today. I don't know your time zone so that might be for a reason, but...
    Tell me two players you trust.
  • Sólsetur wrote:

@Knight Hawk

If you had to pick one person you would give full immunity to for this day and night cycle with near-certainty they aren't scum, who would it be?
    I would have to choose Ruki.

Ruki wrote:

Knight Hawk: Came out stating Kol Gaines without a shadow of a doubt was town. He was right. He is also confident I am town, which is also right. Although this seems to be a sentiment shared by everyone, which I am thankful for considering its true. Still I'm still aware I will not be fully vindicated until I flip, which is why I try to get out as much information for the town to use in later days in case I die. He also has a gut feeling that Midoro and Please Understand is town and Sol is suspicious. Part of me can't have a weird feeling he is scum by attaching himself to town players. Someone I think the cop should check out if they haven't already.
    Um, if I remember correctly, I said that it was weird that he was acting like he was giving up so early. It was when he was getting more and more votes on him, and not to mention the only person who really was up for lynching yesterday, I realized that it was most likely a scum bus.
    Welp, BotW is out, and I don't know what to put here now, lol.
  • @Sólsetur Since you asked about the "you/Kay Faraday" situation, which I didn't believe was much of a thing, all I'll say is ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Current town reads:
    :cookiemonster:

Current mafia reads:
    Solsetur
    zoraluigi
    Kaylin
    Knight Hawk

[VOTE]zoraluigi[/VOTE]
    Yesterday there was a perfect opportunity to gang up against zoraluigi but hardly anybody jumped on it. Mafia didn't try to take advantage of the situation. Makes me believe he's mafia and his teammates didn't want to put him in that danger. If zoraluigi flips mafia I will not be suspicious of anybody who voted for him.
  • 9 14 285 2655 66 47 15694
    12553 91 47 2647 154 6995 91 47 23664
    9 8145 3951254 6459 1 28631154 231451
    3525655 26 45128
    569 25655 26 3965
    8145 592812664 7195 26 395125 4157 5517651
    752 28615 81541 5933 55459 8634 15728957
    16, 11 9 7917
    "353949254 23145 56921

@HarmonicalHero Did I do it right?

The post was edited 1 time, last by Mordred: One quotation mark was missing ().