Guides
Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
Mafia T1: Day 3 - Good Knight
  • This isn't Hollow's second game :p

@Ruki

Kol Gaines is currently my #1 lynch option. I agree with you on principle about his actions earlier in the game, that if he isn't scum he at least isn't acting in the interest of the town by using false-positives to push for a lynch. Kind of in the same wagon as what I did last game, but at least to your knowledge he isn't advocating the lynch of a confirmed cop. lel.

I merely thought that they shouldn't be the only two people we focus on today, as the majority of players are vanilla and we need to get reads on all of them to effectively move forward.

Aside from Kol, those on my scumdar (in no particular order):

HarmonicalHero: I want to see more of what he's doing with that weird number thing. lol.

Kay Faraday: I don't like her no random votes angle whatsoever, even if it's flimsy reasoning for said votes. The only way we generate content in this game is by voting for people, so somewhat random votes that put pressure on people is the only way to go bar a cop turning up town and mafia. Saying we need concrete evidence for a vote so that we can leave it there for the majority of the day leaves little room for anything to happen. Granted, I tend to stick with my first vote throughout the first day, but that's a personal choice. People switching votes, jumping on wagons, pressure, and flimsy reasoning is the only way we get content in this game. In my opinion, the Mafia will have the greatest interest in preventing the spread of information in a game where informative roles are virtually nonexistant. So people advocating for, what in my opinion is the equivalent to "generating content = scum", are scummy in my book. I'd like to see more from her moving forward. I would like to look more in to her switching up on what she's done in past games to what she's doing in this game, but I dunno. She was scum last game and her strategy failed, so perhaps she is simply attempting to change it up. Perhaps she really is town this time around. Regardless, she is one of my prime suspects.

Please Understand: Personal choice here. I like the content he has been generating so I don't think he is someone we need to look at too closely at this point in time. As I said, content for town = good. I do feel like he could potentially be scum. I'm really tired currently, but there was a specific post he posted earlier that I'm too lazy to go dig up. I think it was in response to who to lynch.. or something. Like i said, p. tired.

As far as today's lynch goes I am content to stick with Kol. Depending on how Please Understand and Kay take their ensuing conflict, I might switch to one of them. I'm not particularly suspicious of Double A, but I do want to see more from him. His vote on Kol and then leaving has me pretty eh.
  • OK, so, it's getting very late and I kind of need to go to sleep. Analyzing the situation, I believe the best course of action to be voting Double A, though I don't actually know his timezone so his lack of activity might be explained by that, but I think his only contribution was to jump on Kol, and we have enough votes on Kol right now without me throwing one more on. I was hoping to see more from Kol before I went to sleep but it doesn't look like that's happening, and I don't really want to leave my vote on him in case it needs to be changed rapidly.

Although....

Damn you @Please Understand you're making it difficult for me to go to sleep! :argh: Can't place a vote without having to worry about you spearheading a lynch against me
  • Sólsetur wrote:

Kay Faraday: I don't like her no random votes angle whatsoever, even if it's flimsy reasoning for said votes. The only way we generate content in this game is by voting for people, so somewhat random votes that put pressure on people is the only way to go bar a cop turning up town and mafia. Saying we need concrete evidence for a vote so that we can leave it there for the majority of the day leaves little room for anything to happen. Granted, I tend to stick with my first vote throughout the first day, but that's a personal choice. People switching votes, jumping on wagons, pressure, and flimsy reasoning is the only way we get content in this game. In my opinion, the Mafia will have the greatest interest in preventing the spread of information in a game where informative roles are virtually nonexistant. So people advocating for, what in my opinion is the equivalent to "generating content = scum", are scummy in my book. I'd like to see more from her moving forward. I would like to look more in to her switching up on what she's done in past games to what she's doing in this game, but I dunno. She was scum last game and her strategy failed, so perhaps she is simply attempting to change it up. Perhaps she really is town this time around. Regardless, she is one of my prime suspects.
    *flips table*

I don't exactly mind you suspecting me, but your reasoning for it is so contrived that it actually angers me. Read my posts on the topic again and this time, pay attention! Half of what you say here about me is something you made up, and the rest is a twisted truth.

1. Talking generates content as well, voting isn't the only way.
    2. Yes, early on votes tend to be somewhat random, but there should always be SOME reason. Double A jumped on Kol because he didn't like his attitude or something. That's a reason, though on later days it's a reason that doesn't hold up as well.
    3. I never said we needed concrete evidence for voting, you made that up.
    4. If you're intending on sticking with a vote it's not a placeholder. Don't call it one. If the vote is important enough to you to stick to the whole day it should be possible to explain. Don't hide behind calling it a placeholder.
    5. Voteswitching, wagons, pressure, none of those are placeholder votes as they all serve a purpose. I have no problem with those as people are using them to get things done.
    6. You say I'm trying to stifle content? Let me tell you something here: The three least useful things to do with your vote day one is 1) no lynch, 2) random vote, and 3) placeholder vote. These three have in common their lack of content provided.

I don't know if you just don't understand the nature of placeholders, or if you're scum trying to throw shade on me, but if it's the former you're hopefully better educated now. If it's the latter, then...

[Vote]Solsetur[/Vote]

Turning on my earlier townread of you. While it has happened that townies have used corrupted logic for their suspicions, I always find it more likely that it's scum behind it.
  • Nah-ah, that doesn't hold up. Calling something a placeholder vote is a way to avoid accountability, even moreso with a reason. It's no better than a random vote in that regard.

Your own words.

You also ignored my question on how you proposed we generate content.

Placeholder votes by nature are votes you place on someone with the intention of changing at a later date when a better option comes up, nothing more, nothing less. A placeholder vote with a reason is simply you stating: I find this person somewhat suspicious, I will vote for him and if something happens with it, great, if not then I will switch once more content has been generated.

There's also no need to get hostile. lol.
  • And I will say this, if I make a placeholder vote and a better option doesn't come up then I won't switch my vote. lol. simple as that. It's why I got lambasted for being part of the Orion wagon last game, I made a vote on him as a placeholder with the flimsy reasoning that he was using RNG. People ended up pushing the lynch. He was town. We were both town.

It did lead to content generation, though, which is important.

We can talk all you want. But unless we get actual substance -- i.e. votes -- out in the other then all this talk is pointless. What is there to talk about? Nothing. Because we have nothing to go off of other than votes. Any vote at this stage of the game is, by nature, a placeholder vote whether you have a reason or not. I just prefer the ones with reasons to ones without.

You yourself stated that the ones who use reasons are even more scummy than those who do not use reason.