Forums
Guides
Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
Mafia XXVI - Ultimate Werewolf Mafia 2: THE END
  • @The Missing Link

The idea was, Linkle had publicly stated she wasn't going to target anyone. This is bad, because the scum get a chance to get away with a two person kill without any threat of having one of them killed.

If she can pick a couple people and have them feel threatened by the possibility that they are scum, then they will be less likely to shoot her in the night -- even if she doesn't target anyone. And if they do shoot her in the night, then there is a chance that one of them is taken out with her. They'd have to weigh that risk when deciding whether or not to kill.

Conversely, if she hints at her targets, or even gives a list of potential targets in the thread, and is not killed, then it's quite possible that one of her targets were scum and were afraid of being taken down with a Linkle kill. That gives us some information go off of, as it would be reasonable to assume in that scenario that at least one person were scum and we could then go after them.
  • TML: I'm prepared to give Sol the benefit of the doubt. He's new still and very likely did not think through the resulting "we could end up down four townies by Day 2" situation it could put us in.

“Gandalf put his hand on Pippin's head. "There never was much hope," he answered. "Just a fool's hope, as I have been told.”
    ― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Return of the King

• Cody looking better and better with check ins. Hope to here from everyone soon, knowing Leo is a long shot.

In keeping with Mike's logic let's [vote]Hollowmam[/vote] to keep things close. I'll be around for the next 80 and consider this volatile.
    ~~~
    Although postsocratics like St. Augustine and Judith Butler explored a diverse set of ethical and metaphysical ideas, their unifying feature as a movement was a principled refusal to speculate upon which of the four elements the world was made out of.
    ~~~

boxes is the best human and I am going to get her a kitten or 2 kittens
  • Also re:Kae wagon:

My reasoning for voting for her was thus:

I attempted to push her for information on why she thought that the idea she had proposed was a good one. Her response was to directly attack me afterwards by doing the following:

taking a question that I answered from her out of context and attempt to use that as a reason for me "slipping up" and start a wagon on me. I responded by pointing at a flaw in her reasoning, which she ignored -twice-, and then prompted her for more information on the idea she had come up with, which, again, was ignored.

The question in question was along the lines of:

"In the event that we go through with my plan, who would you want to force to claim?"

My answer was the newbies, or Linkle. She took this out of context by saying it contradicted my earlier claim that I was against the plan of forcing to people to claim, when, she specifically asked what I would do if we were using her plan. Not whether or not I was against it. I can go dig for posts if anyone wants, but I don't really want to :p
  • [unvote] Hollow [/unvote]
    [vote] Sol [/vote]

I know he's new, but I bet he's scum. This whole me vs. sol thing has gotten super out of hand over a small misunderstanding and disagreement. I've said my peace, I am a vanilla townie and would flip as so.

I debated even changing my vote because there is still 3 hours left, which is plenty of time for everything to change and get whack-a-doodle.

Welcome to the game...FARADAY.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Kae ().

• Sólsetur wrote:

@The Missing Link

The idea was, Linkle had publicly stated she wasn't going to target anyone. This is bad, because the scum get a chance to get away with a two person kill without any threat of having one of them killed.

If she can pick a couple people and have them feel threatened by the possibility that they are scum, then they will be less likely to shoot her in the night -- even if she doesn't target anyone. And if they do shoot her in the night, then there is a chance that one of them is taken out with her. They'd have to weigh that risk when deciding whether or not to kill.

Conversely, if she hints at her targets, or even gives a list of potential targets in the thread, and is not killed, then it's quite possible that one of her targets were scum and were afraid of being taken down with a Linkle kill. That gives us some information go off of, as it would be reasonable to assume in that scenario that at least one person were scum and we could then go after them.
    Yes, but from the flip side of the coin, the werewolves could decide to do the exact opposite. Name three Town, leave her alive... and then the plan makes it look like one of those three are guilty, and the Town spends their time heavily investigating those three when they could be looking elsewhere. Personally, I'm always of the belief that a wild card poses more of a potential dissuasion. Foo could probably explain that, sometimes, having strategies isn't a bad plan, and I do get that. Kinda. Sorta. It just rubs me the wrong way?

I dunno.

Avalanchemike wrote:

TML: I'm prepared to give Sol the benefit of the doubt. He's new still and very likely did not think through the resulting "we could end up down four townies by Day 2" situation it could put us in.
    That's totally fair. And that's a good perspective.

*pen taps*

I'm willing to go with Hollowman, even though I really haven't built much of a personal investigation case other than, "lol random voting that's totally scummy!" That very strategy of just voting for the lulz is something that I've considered (and maybe even done) at some point. Then again, it's usually closer to drawing attention to myself rather than anything else.

[UNVOTE]Sólsetur[/UNVOTE]

Hollowman... Kae...

I'll [VOTE]Hollowman[/VOTE] for now and spend the rest of the day looking back to see if I feel confident about that.
  • I've been suspicious of Axius from the start but his recent vote just solidifies it for me. I really haven't seen Sol do anything overly scummy, and his rebuttals have been reasonable and well thought out. Seeing Axius jump on this bandwagon immediately after our third most verifiable townie put down his vote is another strike in my book. He doesn't ask anything of Sol or explain why he's voting for him. It's not town behaviour.

[VOTE]Axius15[/VOTE]
  • So, right now I'm just going through some of Knight Hawk's posts because he was the first to post in the thread and I wanted to look at individuals a bit and share my thoughts on them.

Knight Hawk wrote:

First?

EDIT: I just wanted to say a few things before I go to bed.
    I am not going to tolerate any RNG voting. RNG is a way for mafia to hide behind their actions and not be held accountable for them. I will vote for the first person who uses RNG to vote, unless a better target is brought forth. (Though this is mostly for day one, but what ever.)
    Okay, this seems sensible enough to me. Never like RNG votes anyway (what with my "never vote, unvote, or change vote without an actual logical reason" self-policy). :thumbsup:

Knight Hawk wrote:

OK, I'm back from my beauty sleep.

Jaime Lannister wrote:

@Knight Hawk You made a point of saying you hate RNG votes. Where do you stand with Anna Claire currently?
    I stand over here [vote]Anna Claire[/vote]
    Edit: Had to wake up and read through the thread, (thankfully) not as much as I had thought.
    Not sure what's going on here, lol, out of context. When I read things in order, I'll get back to this one.

Knight Hawk wrote:

@Kae
    From the people who voted for you are your top three people on your scumdar?
    What about those who have not voted for you?

Knight Hawk wrote:

[unvote]Anna[/vote]

I'd prefer not to no-lynch to day, and I've had my suspicions on him for a while.
    [vote]Kae[/vote]
    Why the sudden urge to kill Kae? I'm not exactly back on track with my train of thoughts yet. Remind me.

Celebrating 3 whole years of ZU membership -- 8/22/2015 - 8/22/2018
  • (7) Kae: DoLeo, Jaime Lannister, Knight Hawk, Solsetur, Kay Faraday, Kevin R., Allanon Avalon
    (4) Solsetur: Cody, Axius15, HollowmanOfEoL, Kae
    (4) HollowmanOfEoL: Shona, Anna Claire, Avalanchemike, The Missing Link
    (3) No Lynch: Foo, JayCee, Cosima
    (1) Kay Faraday: Linkle
    (1) Axius15: Cosima
    (1) DoLeo: Pietro

updated vote count for all interested.

Ask me for the clan test!

The post was edited 1 time, last by goronmario ().