Forums
Guides
Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
Mafia XXVI - Ultimate Werewolf Mafia 2: THE END
  • Oh right because it just occurred to me (I thought you were claiming Hunter and I was thinking "wow Mike this is really clever, I wish I thought of it"):

Mike, if he's Town, is a high-value target for scum because he's scary. He knows he's liable to get night killed early on. So might as well get the most bang for your buck, right? Well, why not claim Hunter, then say "I'm gonna name one of these three people, but not gonna tell you guys which". Then if he gets night killed straight away, we know it's a pretty good bet none of those three names are wolves and we just eliminated two suspects. But if one of the names is a wolf, he's just bought himself a good reason for the wolves to not kill him, AND the longer he survives the more likely it is that more than one of those names

Whoever IS the Hunter should maybe keep this in mind. I'm not saying DO IT (cos you do you, plus maybe losing two people isn't worth it), but it's worth considering.
  • @Avalanchemike I'm having a heck of a time determing who the "others" are when pages have a sub 50% chance to load, but I stick by the answer I gave Kae, which is that given the power to instantly kill someone now (without worrying about a wagon and how much info it generates) I'd choose Allanon (on the basis of her seeming to be one of the most likely lovers under the most likely set of assumptions about lovers). If you want me to stand by that more concretely

[vote]Allanon Avalon[/vote]

Though honestly I doubt it'll go anywhere.
    ~~~
    Although postsocratics like St. Augustine and Judith Butler explored a diverse set of ethical and metaphysical ideas, their unifying feature as a movement was a principled refusal to speculate upon which of the four elements the world was made out of.
    ~~~

boxes is the best human and I am going to get her a kitten or 2 kittens
  • Jaime Lannister wrote:

Mike: I'd say Kae which is where my vote is currently.

If that isn't satisfactory: Naf.

His defense is basically "I'm not here I have stuff to do" and never posted anything about an absence in the hub. I'd expect him to act differently or be a lot more defensive. His rebuttal seems pretty passive.
    Its really hard to make a defense on your phone while teaching though, so...?

From what I understand so far, there are vote bounces, Kae thinks sol slipped up and now mike thinks kae slipped up, Mike is just doing his thing, not sure what, I honestly didn't know he was playing. And Foo knows more then I do as always. Literalyl nothing I read was worthy enough for a confirmed vote. I rather go with a no lynch in a ware wolf game than vote with no meat. Afterall, the less towny, the great chance wolves win.

I have nothing to contribute at the moment, the only thing in my attention currently is the two votes with NO REASONING behind them on me. Interestingly enough, none of you care, I get that I played mafia before and confused you all twice, but is that going to carry on till the next game? Come on guys, step it up.
  • Foo wrote:

@Avalanchemike I'm having a heck of a time determing who the "others" are when pages have a sub 50% chance to load, but I stick by the answer I gave Kae, which is that given the power to instantly kill someone now (without worrying about a wagon and how much info it generates) I'd choose Allanon (on the basis of her seeming to be one of the most likely lovers under the most likely set of assumptions about lovers). If you want me to stand by that more concretely

[vote]Allanon Avalon[/vote]

Though honestly I doubt it'll go anywhere.
    What do we gain from lynching the lovers?
  • It's my fault, vanilla townies are supposed to help the town by not rocking the boat. I tried to generate a conversation around claiming tactics in an open-setup game, and it got me a couple of votes.

My blood runs so green, that if I were to be lynched, I could only hope and advise my fellow townies to look at those who so easily jumped on me. I leave my vote on Sol, because I don't trust him for pushing me this hard when I only tried to discuss his opinions.

Edit for grammar. I'm...drinking already.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Kae ().

• Jaime Lannister wrote:

You're not in any threat to get lynched currently so there's no real need to worry you have two out of 18 votes on you.

@Anna Claire thoughts on the whole Kae/Solsetur thing?
    I'm inclined to side with Sólsetur, just because he's my neighbor and neighbors stick together, have each other's backs.
    PM me about the LGBTA+ discord server | #WontBeErased

gender of the moment: | pronouns: it/its
  • If I'm not around much it's because ZU is frustrating me and I decided to play EU4. Still here, just, if anyone needs me ping me as to make sure I definitely see it :p

I don't think Naf has done anything scummy this time around, and I don't support a lynch on him at this point. Later in the game, though, I'd support it unless he manages to stay level headed throughout. I think the amount he flip flops and jumps to conclusions can be negative to town in a potential LyLo situation. Granted, that's only if we get that far, and provided he doesn't do anything to arouse suspicion before then. I don't think he's dangerous to the town early game, though, and he might be a useful role as well.

ily2 lys <3

I'd be down for trying to pinpoint who the lovers are. If worse comes to worst and we don't have a #1 bet on a scum player, Foo's reasoning for Allanon is as good as any for taking out a Lover. But we have to go by the assumption that, A) the Cupid wasn't a newbie and B) the Cupid had the same thought process as Foo and other older mafia players. I'd be hard pressed to believe that Naf, in event that he was the Cupid, would pick two of them just because they are newbies, for instance. So we risk potentially taking out a town power role if the Cupid's thought process was different from what we are assuming.

That said, I want to avoid a lynch today, so worst comes to worst I'm down for an Allanon lynch. I'd still like to pressure Kae a bit more, but if she's drunk I'm eh about it because that's not really fair @_@

I'd like to propose that because EoD is at night for North American players, they refrain from drinking near EoD unless they think they can remain rational :P
  • Kae wrote:

It's my fault, vanilla townies are supposed to help the town by not rocking the boat. I tried to generate a conversation around claiming tactics in an open-setup game, and it got me a couple of votes.

My blood runs so green, that if I were to be lynched, I could only hope and advise my fellow townies to look at those who so easily jumped on me. I leave my vote on Sol, because I don't trust him for pushing me this hard when I only tried to discuss his opinions.

Edit for grammar. I'm...drinking already.
    Yeah, not good enough. If you're a vanilla, you're supposed to be willing to sacrifice yourself for the town. Particularly vanillas in this setup given the more of them there are, the more places scum have to hide. I want to hear a good reason why you don't die today.

Not "well I'm town." I want to hear how you can help the town. I want to hear how you are going to make amends to Sol. As far as I am concerned, you are expendable.

“Gandalf put his hand on Pippin's head. "There never was much hope," he answered. "Just a fool's hope, as I have been told.”
    ― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Return of the King

• Cosima wrote:

What do we gain from lynching the lovers?
    The lovers are technically third party, but might as well be scum. Consider that:

1) If both were wolves to start with, they retain their original win cons exactly (albeit at a slight disadvantaged)

2) If one was town and one was scum, the wolf retains their original win con and since the town must kill that player in order to win (and in killing that player, the originally town lover will also be killed and lose) the town player must adopt a scum win con.

3) If both were town to start with, any given one must consider the possibility that the other is scum and play according to (2), adopting a scum win con.

If given the opportunity, two town players could hash it out in the day thread and determine that they can, in fact, play town but doing so is an extreme risk. If they cannot establish, with us, that case 3 holds (ie. unless both have a power role) then *we* must assume the possibility of case 2 and lynch them.

The only situation were the lovers are in any way likely to win with town is if Cupid targets themself and happens to hit a town power role. As a self-targeting cupid would pick a strong partner to play with, lynching less experienced possible lovers avoids us messing with this scenario.
    ~~~
    Although postsocratics like St. Augustine and Judith Butler explored a diverse set of ethical and metaphysical ideas, their unifying feature as a movement was a principled refusal to speculate upon which of the four elements the world was made out of.
    ~~~

boxes is the best human and I am going to get her a kitten or 2 kittens
  • Sólsetur wrote:

That said, I want to avoid a lynch today, so worst comes to worst I'm down for an Allanon lynch. I'd still like to pressure Kae a bit more, but if she's drunk I'm eh about it because that's not really fair @_@
    I'd prefer an Allanon lynch to a me lynch because I know what I am and it wouldn't be good for the town to pummel a greenie today. But then I'd feel like poo if Allanon was red.

And lol, when people tell me I can't handle pressure, (or my booze).

Feel free to keep the pressure on, although I'd advise against because I have nothing else to say. It's a waste of the town's time to bother with me.
  • @Kae: Sol isn't even pushing you that hard; I'm pushing you harder than Sol (IMO) and I haven't even voted for you... yet. Honestly, if this weren't an open setup I'd think you were a Lyncher or something. I get that you don't wanna look like you're backing down just because people don't agree with you, but blaming Sol for your woes doesn't even make sense. You're not even pursuing the fact that Jaime HAD been voting for Sol and then suddenly switched to you when the Sol bandwagon didn't get any traction, which is waaaay scummier than anything Sol did. You MENTIONED it so I KNOW you noticed it, but you still think Sol's scummiest? Is Jaime a teammate who's bussing you? Even that doesn't make MUCH sense because if she is, she bussed you REALLY easily, at the first sign of trouble. Either way, your decisions aren't adding up.

[unvote]The Missing Link[/unvote]
    [vote]Kae[/vote]