Forums
Guides
Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
    • Multi
    Atlus Thread: Soul hacking since 1997
    • So I'm finally playing a Persona game - P5.

I have a question that may or may not seem odd depending on whether it's standard for the games.

So I'm still early on (just going through Kamoshida's palace). I finally found the Treasure room then went back to the real world to send the calling card.

Only probably was that it was the day before the deadline so it was game over.

Then I started a week before the deadline and went in 2 days before the deadline (as Morgana said it was the last day before it was too late - missed that bit the first time).

Still ended up dying because you need one full day to send the calling card then another full day to steal the treasure.

My question is - did I miss something? Is this how the other games (assuming they have the same mechanic). I don't recall it being explained at all that this was how it worked and it would have saved me much grief and replaying the same section three times now.

Don't get me wrong, I am enjoying the game lots and look forward to continuing with it but still kind of pissed me off I had to die twice due to lack of proper explanation (it should tell you that your last day to act is 3 days before the deadline).

Sig & Avvy by Lady Sunshine, the most wonderful girl in the world
      Come check out our little business - Birdie B Bath Bombs
    • Big Daddy Biggles wrote:

So I'm finally playing a Persona game - P5.

I have a question that may or may not seem odd depending on whether it's standard for the games.

So I'm still early on (just going through Kamoshida's palace). I finally found the Treasure room then went back to the real world to send the calling card.

Then I started a week before the deadline and went in 2 days before the deadline (as Morgana said it was the last day before it was too late - missed that bit the first time).

Still ended up dying because you need one full day to send the calling card then another full day to steal the treasure.

My question is - did I miss something? Is this how the other games (assuming they have the same mechanic). I don't recall it being explained at all that this was how it worked and it would have saved me much grief and replaying the same section three times now.

Don't get me wrong, I am enjoying the game lots and look forward to continuing with it but still kind of pissed me off I had to die twice due to lack of proper explanation (it should tell you that your last day to act is 3 days before the deadline).
      Other games weren't like that, no, you had deadlines but you didn't have to act before them.

That said, as a rule-of-thumb you can save yourself a lot of stress by doing palaces as soon as they're available, ideally in one to three days if possible, and then just relaxing until the deadline without having to worry about if you can make it in time.

May those who accept their fate be granted happiness;

Those who defy it, glory!
    • Ya, I've learned now to get it done sooner rather than later lol.

Great game though and I'm eager to keep playing. Just went to bed last night kind of pissed off lol.

@Ty. - the year of salt continues!

The post was edited 1 time, last by Big Daddy Biggles ().

• Basically, there's a few times that the game will go out of its way to point out a thing you can do (a place you can go, a palace you can explore, etc.) and generally it's a good idea to do those as soon as you can, otherwise your time is free to be spent however you want. 3 and 4 were similar, but their deadlines were both more and less strict (3's you only had to do on the night of, but if you hadn't spent several nights grinding up levels before that you'd be SOL, and the amount of time you could spend grinding per night was limited. 4 was probably the most permissive overall, so long as you could beat the level on the day of the deadline you'd be fine).

May those who accept their fate be granted happiness;

Those who defy it, glory!
    • Big Daddy Biggles wrote:

So I'm finally playing a Persona game - P5.

I don't blame you for that first one, considering that if you were playing Persona 4 or 3 before this you'd be totally cool with going into the other world the day before a deadline. The second one I will wag my finger a bit, since "0 days until expulsion" means you just got expelled, and a change of heart won't do you much good then. :v:

I also believe there is a part where your team is more cognizant of needing two days (one to infiltrate, one to steal) and starts warning you about those sub-deadlines, but I think that happens after Kamoshida since Morgana doesn't really clue you guys in on needing a second day until the last minute.
    • The first run through I went in on the 1st (the deadline was the 2nd) and Morgana shit all over me about forgetting something.

The second time I was like "okay, I'll go in on the 30th and be fine". I wasn't fine lol.

I have now done it right though. Infiltrated the palace on the 29th and sent the calling card. I'm now outside Kamoshida's palace ready to head in.

Looking forward to seeing how things go from here.