Guides
Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
    • Multi
    Atlus Thread: Soul hacking since 1997
    • Ty. wrote:

I started playing P2 on the Vita, and it didn't really grab me. It def had a more SMT kinda vibe to it though, which I did like. I think it was the random encounters though. Pretty much an instant turn off for me.
      Yeah, the high random encounter rate is easily the most annoying thing about P1 and P2. It's a shame it doesn't work like P3 onwards where the enemies are on-screen and you can avoid them if you want. P1 and P2 are definitely an acquired taste and I can't say I'd blame anyone for giving up on them because of their flaws. Whether or not you enjoy them is gonna depend on how much the story interest you.

Dark Miku Reigns signature by the wonderful Lady Sunshine
    • TruEdge67 wrote:

Honestly that boss isn't that hard aside from that annoying charm move it can potentially hit you with that can make you fully heal it. Like you said it's just a little tedious. At least you get some good music while you fight it. Also keep in mind that in P3P the devs didn't rebalance the game for you having total control of your party so the boss is even easier in P3P than FES because you don't run the risk of the AI doing something stupid.
      That's a really good point that I hadn't considered. Thank fuck I was playing P3P and not P3, not being able to control my party would have really bugged me.

That being said, I'm going to try out P2 (whichever one I have installed on my Vita), and if it doesn't grab me I think I'll finally NG+ P4G.

Also, I finished P3P (P3 and P5 spoilers below).

Display Spoiler
      I found the ending a little... lackluster? I understand that the protagonist was using his body as a seal for Nyx and just held on until they could all meet up post-battle, but I still just felt like it was a really sudden ending. I would have liked to have seen a little more closure with my crew/social links, sort of like how in P5 the social links reacted to what they thought was the MC's death.
    • Panique wrote:

Display Spoiler
      I found the ending a little... lackluster? I understand that the protagonist was using his body as a seal for Nyx and just held on until they could all meet up post-battle, but I still just felt like it was a really sudden ending. I would have liked to have seen a little more closure with my crew/social links, sort of like how in P5 the social links reacted to what they thought was the MC's death.

Display Spoiler
      I mean in real life when you die you'll never know what people think. Not to say that your opinion is invalid by any means; just my reasoning to why it doesn't happen in P3/does happen in P5. The most that you can do is walk around the last couple days before graduation and see the legacy that you've left on the people and the world around you. Being able to experience that and then silently and peacefully leave the world is what I found to make the ending so beautiful to me.
    • Monika wrote:

Panique wrote:

Display Spoiler

Display Spoiler
      I mean in real life when you die you'll never know what people think. Not to say that your opinion is invalid by any means; just my reasoning to why it doesn't happen in P3/does happen in P5. The most that you can do is walk around the last couple days before graduation and see the legacy that you've left on the people and the world around you. Being able to experience that and then silently and peacefully leave the world is what I found to make the ending so beautiful to me.

Display Spoiler
      That's a good point.

I think I was just slightly let down because P3 is hyped to have one of the best stories/endings, so I probably got myself excited for something really crazy.
    • Similar to that, I was talking with a friend before about Persona 5 and we were both basically like "The story of Persona 5 is so epic and climactic... where can Persona even go from there if they made a 6th game?" And looking back at the other Persona games I think the answer is just that it's probably possible but whatever the game could possibly do is currently beyond our expectations.
    • Sólsetur wrote:

Well one thing that they could do is improve upon the pacing of 5 dramatically
      Persona has kind of always had bad pacing.

And technically, @Panique Atlus did try to resolve the sudden end of P3 with the FES expansion, as you may be aware, but that gained very mixed reviews to say the least. I at least agree with the nature of death. How would you know what happens to your friends after you die, unless there is a heaven or something. Persona has a lot of connections to religion, so actually implying that there is a heaven in Persona isn't that crazy now that I think about it.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Serenity ().

• Well, the first semester in Persona 3 relatively has less things going on than in the second semester onwards, and it felt kind of weird that I basically couldn't start my social links with the select dorm mates until I maxed out my courage, intelligence, and charisma, so that meant that I would have to wait until half way through the game in order to really get to know them. Persona 4 did have a gradual build-up, though, and I liked that I could get start my social links with my party from the get-go, but the typical complaint with P3 and P4 is that it takes two or three hours to get to the real part of the game. Persona 5 did remedy this with a pretty interesting start, though. I liked that most of the game is essentially a flashback while Ren/Akira is in custody, but I really haven't played much through P5, so I don't want to speak on behalf of a game that I haven't played relatively as much as the 100+ hours in the previous games. I've spoiled myself on bits of the plot, though.. So, Persona hasn't has TERRIBLE pacing, but I get why some people have complained.
    • @Serenity That sucks that you had some of the plot spoiled for you. I hope it wasn't anything too spoilery. I had the killer of P4 sorta ruined for me. I was reading some "Who is the best girl in P4" thread on reddit and someone said something along the lines of
      Display Spoiler
      Adachi. His psychotic grin is so sexy!
      Luckily I was really far in the game when this happened, so I got to enjoy most of it spoiler-free.

The post was edited 1 time, last by TruEdge67 ().

• @TruEdge67 I knew who the one behind it all in Persona 4 was a while before starting the game, but it didn't really ruin the game for me due to how long all of these games are. I know things from Persona 5 like how Akechi is the backstabber, and how Shido is the "mastermind" if you want to call him that. I know that Ren fakes his death. But honestly, these games are so long that being spoiled on a couple of things shouldn't completely take you out of the experience. I got to the very beginning of P3, but I stopped, because I had the money to buy a Vita, and basically spent the about two months immediately following playing 130 hours of Persona 4 Golden, so like give me a break lol these games are long. And yeah, I'm replaying P3 now. And I know that our blue haired boi becomes a door, and apparently Shuji is evil? idk And I still need to continue with P5, but like... I don't want to take out my PS3 and take the time to hook all of that stuff up, and mess with audio stuff since I'm playing on a monitor. I just wanna play on PC, but I know that isn't happening.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Serenity ().

• Thinking of female protagonists, I think it would be cool if P6 pulled a P2 and had a male protagonist for one half and a female protagonist for the second half. (or vice versa) They could each have their own set of social links and the devs wouldn't have to reanimate cutscenes or rewrite social links and parts of the story to accommodate both genders.

The post was edited 1 time, last by TruEdge67 ().