Forums
Guides
Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
Mario Mafia Madness - Trouble in Paradise (Day 5)
  • Okay, it's a plausible claim. It's an inverse Hider.

Sorry, I have to go with my gut instinct on this one. I really don't think Shona is Mafia. I realise that a lot of is gut and thought.

I'm going to revert to my original vote.

[UNVOTE] Shona [/UNVOTE]
    [VOTE] Shayface [/VOTE]

I admittedly feel a little lost at this juncture, but I cannot support a lynch that my heart doesn't follow. If Shona is Mafia, well, good onya for fooling me, Love. If you survive the night, try to protect a Mafioso tonight. That might make 'em think really hard about their action setup for tonight.

Because right now I am seeing death or ice cream coming my way, and is like them to agonise as long as bloody possible over a decision to do that. <evil grin>
  • Of course everyone is claiming town, the only time I've ever seen the mafia claim outright is when they thought they could win with the third parties in Foo's family game. And I've also been considering whether or not any third parties exist in this game.
    A famous explorer once said, that the extraordinary is in what we do, not who we are.

• Sólsetur wrote:

TML, if you are indeed motivated tonight, then I recommend we pick three targets. Follow two of them, I'll block the third. We probably shouldn't come outright and say which people you're following and who I'm blocking though, so if all three are indeed Mafia they can't hide their actions in some way.
    It doesn't work like that. It has never worked like that. Motivation takes two nights to fully resolve. If I'm motivated tonight (N4), then I get to take two actions on the following night (N5). I have to survive two nights and not be Vanillaised twice or to make use of Motivation.

And this is the very reason at this juncture that nobody should be calling their shots during the Day.

Sólsetur wrote:

TML, what reasons do you have for supporting a Shay lynch? Do you think they might legitimately be mafia?
    I've already laid out my case for everyone on my suspect list here: I don't have a solid read on anyone. But even after my analysis yesterday, Shayface was at the bottom of my trust pile. He was the only name that I labelled in red. I had yellows on people I was unsure of, but his was the only red name. I have to vote my conscience.
  • Damn boxes! And now I think it makes sense that there haven't been any extra deaths during the nights, like we'd normally expect from a SK or vig. We have two roles where two people could die at once, and let's not forget that ID was a poisoner too so he'd cause another mysterious death.

TML I'm waiting for your post about Shay.
    A famous explorer once said, that the extraordinary is in what we do, not who we are.

• Sólsetur wrote:

Hrm.

If your claim rings true, then pretty much everybody remaining is claiming town lol.

The only thing though is, even if Harrie was bulletproof, what use does the Mafia have in taking out a persona they have already turned vanilla? It just doesn't make sense.

I mean we can test it, though now I'm a bit reluctant to, but eh. If you guys want to switch and go for a Malon lynch, I'm fine with it. If you guys want to lynch me, go ahead, though I am town. If you wanna see how Shona flips then I'm cool with that too at this point. We need to start putting more pressure on those who have claimed town, because at this point everybody except.. Allanon is claiming a role that helps town? =/

TML, if you are indeed motivated tonight, then I recommend we pick three targets. Follow two of them, I'll block the third. We probably shouldn't come outright and say which people you're following and who I'm blocking though, so if all three are indeed Mafia they can't hide their actions in some way.

You're also welcome to follow me if you want to check if my role is correct.

Also @whoever our protective role is: don't say who you're going to protect lol. Also nobody tell them who to protect. It's likely that they go after TML tonight, but if they know that the doctor is going to protect him then they will just strike elsewhere.
    The bolded part - false. I straight up said my role doesn't help the town. I came right out to say that I basically have nothing to offer except a vote.

The fact my teammate hasn't actually shown up and helped at all is the only reason I had to claim anything because people were ready to lynch her which would have taken me with her.

Sig & Avvy by Lady Sunshine, the most wonderful girl in the world
    Come check out our little business - Birdie B Bath Bombs
  • Well. This sucks. Should I even bother claiming?

I am King Bob-omb the Bomb. Useless after claiming lmao.

My only request is that you win this for me guys.

"This great [Town] will endure as it has endured, will revive and will prosper. So, first of all, let me assert my firm belief that the only thing we have to fear is fear itself—nameless, unreasoning, unjustified terror which paralyzes needed efforts to convert retreat into advance. In every dark hour of our national life a leadership of frankness and vigor has met with that understanding and support of the people themselves which is essential to victory. I am convinced that you will again give that support to leadership in these critical days."
    "Time passes, people move.... Like a rivers flow, it never ends... A childish mind will turn to noble ambition... Young love will become deep affection... The clear water's surface reflects growth..."

Saving a link here: Mafia XI: Ace Attorney -- Night Four: Serial Killers and Serial Gamblers.

"you came up with the idea, so youre the genius here"
    ~Malia

"F*** you, you ain't no Barnes. Yousa scrub, honey."
  • Also I'll just point out that I'm still the leading vote, and there's only half an hour left. It's kind of strange that everyone is so quiet right now given that the end of the last two days has been nuts. But that was also when two mafia members were directly in the firing line.

So partly for self-preservation and because I said earlier today I'd also be OK with a Shay lynch, let's get things moving:

[unvote]Allanon Avalon[/unvote]

[vote]Shayface[/vote]

• @Dark Link Reigns not help the town, in particular, but is a Townie role. My bad for miscommunicating.

If I'm being honest, I have no idea how to proceed from this point. I'd be fine with a Shona lynch, though if she is telling the truth it would be a big loss for town. I'd be fine with a Shay lynch as well. I'd also be fine with lynching Malon and testing DLR's claim.

I don't know. It doesn't even look like enough people are active right now to over the 9 (8?) who have voted in favor of Shona, though I could be wrong of course.
  • I don't like this.

The chances of TML being targetted last night are pretty high, right?

Shona, you say you tried to protect him. I blocked you.

Allanon and Blackbird would be our last two people with an unclaimed role. Unless the Mafia would have targetted Harrie when they had already wasted a vanilliser shot on her, which I don't believe, you're lying or they targetted someone else and our actual doctor protected them.

For some reason I doubt that Jaime would have given the town three protector roles, but I've been wrong before.