Forums
Guides
Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
Mario Mafia Madness - Trouble in Paradise (Day 5)
  • K - so before I address what Harrie is laying down:

    ♬Nafchacho♬ wrote:

    Dark Link Reigns wrote:

    You need to answer some questions Naf:

    You blatantly tried to catch TML in lie, which you say you did. Then you proceeded to basically ignore this fact and say you wanted Linkle dead - why exactly is that?

    You story keeps constantly changing - one minute you motivated Foo, the next it's English, now you're saying it is Foo again. Which is it?

    Unless you can satisfactorily answer why you were pushing for Linkle so hard, I am placing my vote on you:

    Votes for me

    Also self voting is not a very pro-town move, trust me - I've tried using it as scum.
    I motivated Foo then Harrie.
    I honestly don't give it a shit at this point. I messed up, I admit I did, but I got the ball rolling, we probably would'v never gotten the confirmation to kill linkle after Allanon said they were yoshi. Is that literally your question. Why did I insist on the killing of a maifa member? What exactly are we trying to do here DLR?

    I voted for myself because I actually want to die as it is the only possible thing that I can do to confirm I am town.
    What we are trying to do here is figure out why you thought lying would be beneficial? Also, afaik, Linkle never gave any sort of claim to Yoshi - she said she was a genderless character. Last time I checked, Yoshi was always considered a boy.

    What I want to know is exactly why you gunned so hard for Linkle on the basis of such a flimsy excuse (Allanon claimed Yoshi..... LINKLE IS SCUM!!!)

    The Missing Link wrote:

    @Dark Link Reigns, Malon's name was tossed around a lot before you mentioned the whole sibling thing, right? Have you inferred anything from any of the votes or non-votes that went her direction?

    Well as far as I know, ID always votes Malon - seems to be on principle simply because she never seems to actually show up and play, which is causing a real problem for me right now.

    Honestly, I don't think there is anything to garner from the votes placed on her - if I wasn't tied to her, I would vote her too and be done with it, but doing that kind of ends my game.

    Captain Harrie wrote:

    HOLD ON ok i just caught up but uh, we're in the lead right now yeah? we can afford to mislynch a couple times?

    it's uh. probably in our best interests if we lynch the lovers regardless as to their alignment - we don't want them there in lylo, because them being alive puts lylo a day earlier and scum just needs to shoot or lynch them to get them both killed - they can out number us just like that.
    DLR has claimed they dont both die at night but I'd say it's best to err on the side of caution there and consider that may have been false.

    Their presence allows scum to win a day earlier, it's best we remove them from the equation before scum get the chance. Additionally DLR & Malon have no reason to be against their lynch, if they're both town like they claim they will still win with the rest of town.

    For that reason,

    [VOTE]DLR[/VOTE]
    So because we are in the lead right now and actually have breathing room, we should remove two townies to prepare for a scenario that is not near happening yet?

    I understand your view, however, I think it is ridiculous. You are suggesting we waste a day of possibly lynching mafia to instead lynch two townies then most likely have a third one die tonight - essentially giving the mafia a big comeback and push the game closer to lylo - then say that as townies, we should just be OK with this course of action?

    Go right ahead - if this lynch is to happen, I will hop right on because there is literally no other way to prove my claim without being lynched and at this point trying to cover for Malon is pointless - they make a couple posts a day which keeps the in the game and it is screwing me over.

    Naf & Sol - you guys need to stop saying who you are going to target with your roles.

    At this point, especially in Naf's case, you need to decide who to target without allowing the mafia to know.

    It also let's us get a better idea if you are lying or not (unless you are mafia and can collaborate with your buddies, but such is the nature of the game).

    Sig & Avvy by Lady Sunshine, the most wonderful girl in the world
    Come check out our little business - Birdie B Bath Bombs
  • Captain Harrie wrote:

    OH and @HollowmanOfEoL ........ STUFF......
    should you be blocked, you would absorb it as copying is the first action to be resolved.
    I was told otherwise.

    Also, don't dig the argument we should lynch the siblings due to lylo.


    The three people that have kinda soft claimed, AA, Shona and Shay, can any of your abilities be tested somehow?
  • The Missing Link wrote:

    @Shayface - Unknown, claims his ability is helpful to the Town but useless if revealed. He hasn't been anywhere near any of the Mafia lynches; in fact, he's not been on any of them, even the popular ones. Not sure if that's a result of bad time zone choices or what have you, but at this point I'm suspicious. I literally don't have anything to say in his favour at the moment. He didn't have a night action N3 per my result. And he hightailed it off the ID wagon immediately after setting Foo's meme against him. That said, Foo did set it against him, so could it have gone from scum -> scum -> scum? An interesting quandary.
    In my defense, I was gone for EOD on both days 2 and 3 because of work. And I have tried to justify that I picked ID just to get him to talk, I did not intend to push it all the way through to a claim and a lynch.

    But I do understand that you have nothing really good to say about me. I guess thats just the way it goes.

    As for the siblings. I would agree that the mafia definitely want to take them to lylo. All they would have to do at that point is force a lynch on one of them and they win. I would say that lynching them is a necessary sacrifice to keep the town from entering a now win situation.

    I also would have to agree with the plan to motivate our roleblocker or follower in order to put even more pressure on the Mafia. We can effectively cover the actions of three different people, which would be extremely helpful to whittle down the remaining mafia candidates.
    "Time passes, people move.... Like a rivers flow, it never ends... A childish mind will turn to noble ambition... Young love will become deep affection... The clear water's surface reflects growth..."

    Saving a link here: Mafia XI: Ace Attorney -- Night Four: Serial Killers and Serial Gamblers.

    "you came up with the idea, so youre the genius here"
    ~Malia

    "F*** you, you ain't no Barnes. Yousa scrub, honey."
  • The only reason I think it might be better now than later is that no one is sure about people like Shay, Shona, AA, and Sol. Pressuring or lynching one of them might accidentally out the doc. And another night of investigation would help. Hollowman has a copy of the following power, right? @HollowmanOfEoL can you still use that? Or was it limited to the night after you were targeted?

  • HollowmanOfEoL wrote:

    Captain Harrie wrote:

    OH and @HollowmanOfEoL ........ STUFF......
    should you be blocked, you would absorb it as copying is the first action to be resolved.
    I was told otherwise.
    Also, don't dig the argument we should lynch the siblings due to lylo.


    The three people that have kinda soft claimed, AA, Shona and Shay, can any of your abilities be tested somehow?
    Unless we have a role cop, a cop, or you lynch me, no. It's hard to test me because I have no specific action.
    "Time passes, people move.... Like a rivers flow, it never ends... A childish mind will turn to noble ambition... Young love will become deep affection... The clear water's surface reflects growth..."

    Saving a link here: Mafia XI: Ace Attorney -- Night Four: Serial Killers and Serial Gamblers.

    "you came up with the idea, so youre the genius here"
    ~Malia

    "F*** you, you ain't no Barnes. Yousa scrub, honey."
  • alright the general consensus seems to be voting out shona n im fine with that, the siblings arent the most immediate priority but it is best to deal w them sooner rather than later, at the very least we've got like tomorrow & the day after.

    [UNVOTE]DLR[/UNVOTE]
    [VOTE]Shona[/VOTE]

    Blog | Twitter | Art Thread
    this post was brought you by a 100% authentic human being and definitely NOT a bear
  • I feel like I was pretty cooperative and active early in the day today. I actually don't see much in the way of outstanding questions I haven't answered, apart from Sol wanting me to claim. Which I've been reluctant to do because of the nature of my role. So mostly I'm the leading wagon because I'm one of the players people aren't sure about.
    A famous explorer once said, that the extraordinary is in what we do, not who we are.


  • Yeah yeah yeah I'll claim, just had to get to my computer. Just woke up and was on mobile.




    I'm Donkey Kong the babysitter. So not a doctor, but I do get to protect people. The downside is that if I get killed, my target does too which is why I've not wanted to claim if I had to and I've been trying not to attract mafia attention. My role is now a lot less useful as a protective role. Instead I'll probaby have to play "guess which scumbuddy I'm protecting" with the mafia in case they're thinking of offing me and getting two townies for the price of one. i.e. from now on I'll probably have to protect someone I think is scummy, LOL. And while I highly doubt we have a night vig, I'd actually encourage one to take a shot at me tonight. Will make the whole "clearing up the unclaimed/unconfirmed" players thing a whole lot easier :D

    Night 1 I protected TML, just because.
    Night 2 I protected Harrie.
    Night 3 I also protected TML, or tried to anyway.

    So Sol, that's why I'd rather you didn't lynch me today or block me tonight, although as I said, my role is more useless at helping the town now but I can hopefully use it to take out a mafioso if they target me (up to them to take the risk of judging whether my scum pick is correct or not).

    Unless there is a doctor in the game, which I am starting to doubt given that Boxes was also a protective role, and Kay's items have so far been protective, then I think Harrie was the target of last night's kill and it got stopped by her being bulletproof.
    A famous explorer once said, that the extraordinary is in what we do, not who we are.


  • Hrm.

    If your claim rings true, then pretty much everybody remaining is claiming town lol.

    The only thing though is, even if Harrie was bulletproof, what use does the Mafia have in taking out a persona they have already turned vanilla? It just doesn't make sense.

    I mean we can test it, though now I'm a bit reluctant to, but eh. If you guys want to switch and go for a Malon lynch, I'm fine with it. If you guys want to lynch me, go ahead, though I am town. If you wanna see how Shona flips then I'm cool with that too at this point. We need to start putting more pressure on those who have claimed town, because at this point everybody except.. Allanon is claiming a role that helps town? =/

    TML, if you are indeed motivated tonight, then I recommend we pick three targets. Follow two of them, I'll block the third. We probably shouldn't come outright and say which people you're following and who I'm blocking though, so if all three are indeed Mafia they can't hide their actions in some way.

    You're also welcome to follow me if you want to check if my role is correct.


    Also @whoever our protective role is: don't say who you're going to protect lol. Also nobody tell them who to protect. It's likely that they go after TML tonight, but if they know that the doctor is going to protect him then they will just strike elsewhere.