Forums
Guides
Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
Mario Mafia Madness - Trouble in Paradise (Day 5)
  • The Missing Link wrote:

Shayface wrote:

Man, I'm in quite a pickle if I get to be the top lynch candidate, my role would not help me get out of it if i roleclaimed :(
    Mr. Shayface, how many licks does it take to get to the centre of my problem with you? The world may never find out.
    I'm about to play the pot-calling-the-kettle-black card since I did something similar yesterday, but I call out Townies who effectively shell out their vote to someone else as if to abdicate all responsibility for their vote should things go south. You are responsible for your own vote. Make it based upon your own rationale. Because every vote you cast at the behest of someone else tells us less and less about you and more and more about how you don't want to do your own research and insight checking.

Yes, I did this yesterday. I all but sold my vote to the Town. However, I also had a way out (Foo's lynch) and was also willing to die to get said lynch. Are you willing to play the same gambit?
    Assuming this means if i flip green you get lynched then sure. But I'm not sure you wanna lynch me ;)
    "Time passes, people move.... Like a rivers flow, it never ends... A childish mind will turn to noble ambition... Young love will become deep affection... The clear water's surface reflects growth..."

Saving a link here: Mafia XI: Ace Attorney -- Night Four: Serial Killers and Serial Gamblers.

"you came up with the idea, so youre the genius here"
    ~Malia

"F*** you, you ain't no Barnes. Yousa scrub, honey."
  • I think our best course of action is to either lynch myself or Shona tbh. Or at least pressure Shona into claiming. I don't like how they've pretty much been completely under the radar this entire game, and my only distinct memory of them is them throwing a vote at TML one day after Foo(?) did so.

TML, if you want to confirm whether or not I am a Roleblocker you can Follow me tonight. Otherwise I recommend we use our roles in tandem; if there are two or three Mafia left, we can identify two potential Mafia. You can Follow one one night and I can block the other, depending on the results we either lynch or switch targets.

But I can confirm to you all that I'm town :/ like really I didnt even know the Mafia picked someone to perform the kill, I thought it was voted on and then just kinda.. Happened.

Regardless, if you want to lynch me to test my claim, see how I flip, make sure I don't take out power roles, go for it. But if I was Mafia I would've probably been way more disruptive, as I can think of several more prominent townies I could have targetted and been sure of their roles, rather than the people I've mostly chosen out of suspicion of.
  • Allanon Avalon wrote:

blackbird wrote:

Not sure if this has been pointed out yet, but roleblocker is also typically a scum role. We've yet to reveal a mafia aligned scum ... the closest thing we've have would be the vanilla-izer I guess, which is like a roleblocker on steroids... What are the chances Sol is actually the vanilla-maker?

@Sólsetur -- Are you the vanilla-izer?
    Wouldn't Shona be vanilla then? She hasn't claimed to be that.
    I'm quite happy to say that I'm not vanilla for a change! And I haven't been vanilla-ized (which has also happened to me once when my enabler died).

Sólsetur wrote:

@Shona okay, so say I don't target you for a roleblock. Who do I target then?

Honestly I'd probably roleblock Malon right now, it's not like she's been helping anyway. Has she even posted today? And if she is indeed a sibling then you won't stop a power role. Roleblocking her is also a less risky way to test her since there's the chance that a lynch will kill two townies.

The Missing Link wrote:

Shona wrote:

Right now I'm leaning towards re-instating my vote for Allanon because of his interaction with Linkle (I know they're friends, but that doesn't make him town) and the fact that he hopped his vote off Foo pretty quickly this morning. He's also flown under the radar a fair bit, which I kind of get because he's a new player, but it might be a new scum player tell.
    What do you think about Foo's attempt to start an Allanon wagon late D3?

After re-reading the end of yesterday, it looks like Foo was attempting to save Linkle by forcing a no lynch. Right before he voted, this was the count:

Linkle (4) - Cody, Kae, HollowmanOfEol, Nafchacho
    The Missing Link (1) - blackbird
    Foo (2) - Shona, Linkle
    Malon (1) - Shayface
    Nafchacho (1) - Dark Link Reigns

Abstaining [No Lynch] (8) - Malon, Allanon Avalon, Foo, Kay Faraday, Solsetur, The Missing Link, boxes, captain Harrie

He moved his vote to a new candidate so that it was still 7 v 4 - No Lynch vs. Linkle. I just don't know if voting Allanon means all that much since it was unlikely that wagon would have taken off so close to the end of the day. If he was worried about his fake claim being found out the next day by Harrie, he could have done this as an attempt to distance himself from a teammate. Does it make me feel any better about Allanon? Maybe a tad. But he's totally unknown to me and saying "I'm flying under the radar because that's what I do" doesn't really help.
    A famous explorer once said, that the extraordinary is in what we do, not who we are.

• I feel like most of the evidence against me right now is circumstantial. Sol says he roleblocked me and no kill was performed and no-one was made vanilla. But there's still a very real possibility that the vanilla-izer was used up and Harrie was the target. Unfortunately I can't even actually verify that I was roleblocked. My role is not informative and nothing had happened in the morning to make me think I'd been blocked. Information-wise, I'm running off the same info most of you guys have.

I understand that lynching me would clear up one or two things, and if I had a useless role (or was a vanilla townie like usual LOLOL) I wouldn't care too much, but my role can still be useful at this point. So what's the plan going forward if I flip green?
    A famous explorer once said, that the extraordinary is in what we do, not who we are.

• Alright, I've done a lot of thinking. Here's where I'm at.

The pool of players that have even a remotely reasonable chance is seven. I'm reasonably certain that I can further narrow it down, so I'm going to make a case for each of the seven and then balance it out with what negates some of them.

@Dark Link Reigns - Claimed sibling with Malon. Claimed the special relation that, if either he or Malon are lynched, both will die, but if either of the two are executed, it'll just be one. Now an interesting thing here is that siblings are the masonry version of lovers; they're guaranteed to be of the same alignment. (And knowing ZU Mafia, if that weren't true, it would be called lovers per the norm.) However, it should be noted as a result that DLR was the fourth vote (third due to Foo dropping it) on ID's wagon; however, he admits full on that that was to avoid a No Lynch. Since then, his votes have been less on target. I'm willing to give marks for the ID lynch. However, the Axius and Linkle bandwagons came up super late in the day.

@Malon - Has done practically nothing all game yet hasn't been replaced. Whatever you believe about DLR, it is safe to believe about Malon. If the Sibling claim is true, then great. If not, well... DLR defended Malon when both ID and Foo went after Malon time and time again. It's hard to say if these were explicit set ups to lure us into trusting Malon. However, what concerns me is, if it's all true, what would have happened if it worked; if they're Mafia siblings, then going after the twofer would be a practically insane strategy. ID might not have known Malon's role D1 (I don't know if Mafia role PMs here include details on other Mafia members' roles since I've never been Mafia here), but Foo would have.

@Shona - An unknown role but claims utility to the Town. I really want to say she's Town. I really do. I still have more faith in her early D1 vote against ID and her persistence in the face of the pending No Lynch. After all, Foo (Mafioso) jumped off the bandwagon, and it wouldn't have taken too much vote flipping to send it to Kay Faraday (day vig). In fact, at end of day, a single vote would have made the difference, and I cannot see a Mafioso not taking that shot. (And remember, ties become No Lynches.) She could have avoided the whole thing with a single vote to Kay, and it didn't happen. (Though of course, someone could have hopped back on last minute, but you know... same could have happened with Kay.) My faith in her Towniness has dwindled slightly, but she's been on both Axius and Linkle, even if she were late on both of them. I don't know what her role is, but I'm not convinced it's evil yet.

@boxes - A vanillaised bodyguard. It's an unprovable claim at this point. However, since I believe Harrie to be a watcher in earnest (and not just through her claim but also her actions), I'm willing to bet that there is indeed a Vanillaiser in the game. And I'm willing to bet she's Vanilla now. Essentially, having faith in Harrie translates at least mostly to faith in Boxes. Of course there's a case to be made for clarity, but I don't think it's a good case.

@Allanon Avalon - Unknown character, though has character claimed Yoshi as I understand it, and that's what helped contribute and gather steam for the Linkle lynch. Has been quite quiet and decisively unaggressive in going about her business. Claims a useful power to the Town. Foo did try to start a bandwagon against her on D3, and she was ready to say (after I made a vote for her) that she would claim on D4 if she had to. This leans Town, but it could all be a trick, it's impossible to say.

@Sólsetur - Claimed Roleblocker, Peach. I did indeed see the breadcrumb of the character claim early, even before the RP post which I didn't read. I don't doubt that. However, it has been curious that all of the Mafia roles revealed except Kammy Koopa have been good guys and all the others are... less good guys? It's probably a statistical inaccuracy at this point. Foo made a claim in post 1397 that Sólsetur knows if players acted during the night. However, that's not what her actual claim is. And so at the moment, this is sounding a little less and less accurate. She's also trying to cosy up to Shona to "roleblock her until the end of the world" to prove Shona's claim. And I'm not convinced.

@Shayface - Unknown, claims his ability is helpful to the Town but useless if revealed. He hasn't been anywhere near any of the Mafia lynches; in fact, he's not been on any of them, even the popular ones. Not sure if that's a result of bad time zone choices or what have you, but at this point I'm suspicious. I literally don't have anything to say in his favour at the moment. He didn't have a night action N3 per my result. And he hightailed it off the ID wagon immediately after setting Foo's meme against him. That said, Foo did set it against him, so could it have gone from scum -> scum -> scum? An interesting quandary.

Anyone not on this list will not see my vote.

I want to see votes out of everyone. I personally want Sólsetur and Shayface to start talking.

[UNVOTE]Shayface[/UNVOTE]
    [VOTE]Sólsetur[/VOTE]

The post was edited 1 time, last by The Missing Link: Added a link to the post in question post-facto ().

• Shona wrote:

I feel like most of the evidence against me right now is circumstantial. Sol says he roleblocked me and no kill was performed and no-one was made vanilla. But there's still a very real possibility that the vanilla-izer was used up and Harrie was the target. Unfortunately I can't even actually verify that I was roleblocked. My role is not informative and nothing had happened in the morning to make me think I'd been blocked. Information-wise, I'm running off the same info most of you guys have.

I understand that lynching me would clear up one or two things, and if I had a useless role (or was a vanilla townie like usual LOLOL) I wouldn't care too much, but my role can still be useful at this point. So what's the plan going forward if I flip green?
    You have a small bit of circumstantial evidence against you, but half our player list currently has meaningful evidence in favor of them and/or their roles. That's why you and a few others are currently in the Danger Zone.
  • HollowmanOfEoL wrote:

Again with the numerous directions of votes. :-/
    It's not that bad. Yes, there's a six-way split, but two of those are exclusively the result of self-votes, thus making it really a four-way split. If the circumstances arise, I'll vote to lynch over No Lynch.

I'm really down between Sol, Shay, and Shona. Possibly DLR and Malon, and right now the game is going to be a game of chicken between us and the Mafia when it comes to dealing with them if the two are Town.

HollowmanOfEoL wrote:

Here is a list of actions performed. The people marked green has done stuff to actually confirm their alignment with their role or confirmed by GM.
    Isn't it beautiful? </gwonam>
  • Okay, I've been thinking a bit.

And I'm thinking that maybe, just maybe, this is easier than I'm making it out to be.

My faith in Shona has to do with this one post:

Shona wrote:

It's always frustrating having to wrap up for the day and make a vote when there's still a chance new information will come to light. That's why I liked the idea of people exploring wagons and voting earlier in the day. So I'm going to vote for someone who's already in the spotlight.

ID - Hasn't posted much. Vote on Malon seemed random. Possibly a bit harsh on Boxes? But Foo and Boxes pushed the vote onto him and he bit back. I'd like to pressure him some more about this.

I'll leave out the single-vote targets for now, since none of them seem worth pursuing too heavily today - at least right now. Toying between Boxes and ID, so I'm actually going to leave my vote on ID to pressure him a bit further.

/votes interestingdrug
    And in retrospect, it's not that significant a post. Yes, it came early, and yes it happened to hit Mafia. But in reality, that bandwagon (pushed solely by Foo and Boxes with help from Shayface) wasn't going anywhere. It was a safe vote placement. If Shona was Mafia, it would be two Mafia members setting up a lynch against a Mafia that could have (should have!!) been avoided. But it wasn't.

But at the same point in time, the vote as of that point was 3v2 Boxes against ID. Her vote tied it to 3-all. Granted, the Boxes lynch evaporated overnight (not that she would have known it would), but she could have nudged it slightly to 4v2 in favour of Boxes. But as it turns out, ID was on that bandwagon as well, thus making her be a second Mafioso on either of the two main wagons.

Part of me thinks she might have tossed a coin in making this decision except that I didn't hear the coin flip.

As much as I know Foo says that Mafia vote coordination isn't that much of a discriminant when finding Mafia, but two Mafia in the first three votes on a bandwagon of a Mafia seems to be a little... overzealous? Even if one of the votes was there because of some self-invented stratagem/philosophy/whatever.

Confirmed Townfolk, what do you think? I was downstairs when I thought of this, and I thought I'd come back up to my computer to flop my vote, and then I get up here and find myself hemming and hawing over it. :/