Forums
Guides
Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
Mario Mafia Madness - Trouble in Paradise (Day 5)
  • boxes wrote:

Shayface wrote:

Okay, I'm fine with a Nafchacho vote going forward. The whole lying not lying is just a big mess and I don't like the way he lied and all that.

Now moving forward, i suggest that Sólsetur should block someone they have not blocked before and then tomorrow, based on the results of everyone's night actions we'll put some heads on the chopping block

How does that sound?
    I get that Naf screwed up but no one has counterclaimed them, so what's the point of the lynch? We'll just be down a Townie and no closer to the remaining scum....
    Give me a lynch then. Who do you want to lynch?

Sólsetur wrote:

I doubt they'd have targeted a vanilla townie tbh. Seems like a waste of their vanilliser if they were just going to take her out
    I agree 100% with this.
    "Time passes, people move.... Like a rivers flow, it never ends... A childish mind will turn to noble ambition... Young love will become deep affection... The clear water's surface reflects growth..."

Saving a link here: Mafia XI: Ace Attorney -- Night Four: Serial Killers and Serial Gamblers.

"you came up with the idea, so youre the genius here"
    ~Malia

"F*** you, you ain't no Barnes. Yousa scrub, honey."
  • boxes wrote:

> Give me a lynch then. Who do you want to lynch?

Read my beautiful color-coded post. And note that without any info from my role, all I can do is speculate.
    If you go Shona, I'll go Shona. That will put her in a tie with Naf.
    "Time passes, people move.... Like a rivers flow, it never ends... A childish mind will turn to noble ambition... Young love will become deep affection... The clear water's surface reflects growth..."

Saving a link here: Mafia XI: Ace Attorney -- Night Four: Serial Killers and Serial Gamblers.

~Malia

• Sólsetur wrote:

I doubt your role is significantly powerful, what's the harm in even softclaiming to get me off your back?

Note, that, I'm not entirely convinced that the "you can keep targetting me" is a townie response either. That is literally the exact same thing Foo said to me when he found out I was targetting him. I'm not going to buy it a second time. If you were townie and you had a role that could be worth protecting town you'd be trying to redirect me as where, not let me cripple town and then gun for my lynch.

Can I point out this comment:

Shona wrote:

I'm happy to go along with any plan to confirm me, though we might also want to explore other ways the roleblock can be used too.

That was me trying to redirect your thinking, and my question about how your role might interact with the absorber also came about because I was trying to see if there's some kind of plan we could come up with to use your role to help the town. Two role blocks in one night could be pretty powerful.

Otherwise, I'd say that you should block someone you're confident is scum versus someone you're unsure of just to be safe you won't hit a power role, or block someone like boxes who's vanilla or Kay and you know there's no chance you'll stop anyone then.

And finally, look I'll claim if it really comes down to it, but my role will be a whole lot less useful if I do. And it would be better if I wasn't blocked for the record. Shayface also has a point that even if you block me, someone else could make the kill. I don't think they'll not kill to frame me though, that would put them back one less member when their numbers are dwindling fast, and one more townie to get in the way (especially after no kill last night).

HollowmanOfEoL wrote:

I asked if I were to be roleblocked, what would happen.
    The roleblock is "activated" before my absorbtion.
    As I see it, it works as all actions directed at me lands on me. Then the absobtion kicks in.
    I'f I'm not dead by that point, I get to keep said actions.
    I would then not know if I were roleblocked or just that no one targeted me.

Thanks for clarifying.

boxes wrote:

Scum could have also targeted Harrie, who was bulletproof due to an item.

Sólsetur wrote:

I doubt they'd have targeted a vanilla townie tbh. Seems like a waste of their vanilliser if they were just going to take her out
    I don't think we can exclude the possibility that Harrie was the target. She may be vanilla, but she was a risk to Foo if he didn't get the details of her role PM right, which I don't see how he could since I've never seen a role cop receive an entire PM, and the agreed on question was Harrie's idea. Killing her and then claiming vanilla could have been his way out, since his claim was pretty strong and then he didn't have to face further pressure about answering questions every day.
    A famous explorer once said, that the extraordinary is in what we do, not who we are.

• Well, Foo wouldn't have been able to answer his fake Oracle question with or without Harrie - if Harrie died Foo wouldn't be able to verify himself and that'd look just as much like scum killing Harrie to hide Foo's lie as scum killing Harrie to prevent a theoretical townie Foo from being verified. Foo would have been screwed either way due to the question we asked him to answer.

"Oh hun, ... somewhere out there, there's a planet for you. It's not this one." -- Foo

[signature by RealmWings]
  • blackbird wrote:

Not sure if this has been pointed out yet, but roleblocker is also typically a scum role. We've yet to reveal a mafia aligned scum ... the closest thing we've have would be the vanilla-izer I guess, which is like a roleblocker on steroids... What are the chances Sol is actually the vanilla-maker?

@Sólsetur -- Are you the vanilla-izer?
    Wouldn't Shona be vanilla then? She hasn't claimed to be that.
  • The Missing Link wrote:

There's other stuff in here that I want to reply to, but I'm going to strike this up first:

Shayface wrote:

Give me a lynch then. Who do you want to lynch?

Shayface wrote:

If you go Shona, I'll go Shona. That will put her in a tie with Naf.
    VOTEY VOTEY
    I'm cry

~Malia

• Man, I'm in quite a pickle if I get to be the top lynch candidate, my role would not help me get out of it if i roleclaimed :(

~Malia

• Sólsetur wrote:

B) TML, because he seemed to have an important role.
    Admittedly, this is something very curious. I'm actually surprised that my ability was allowed to go off. However, if Sól is Mafia, then I have a suspicion that I could have been the target last night. If indeed Leo is the Cop and with a Lie Detector dead and a Watcher vanillaed, I still have the capacity to find the Mafia in the act.

I hate bisecting the Town from Mafia since I've done this incorrectly before, but I'm willing to gamble that at most one of Shona and Sólsetur is Mafia. If Sól is Mafia, then Sól wouldn't put up Shona as a likely lynch candidate were she Mafia.

Shona wrote:

Right now I'm leaning towards re-instating my vote for Allanon because of his interaction with Linkle (I know they're friends, but that doesn't make him town) and the fact that he hopped his vote off Foo pretty quickly this morning. He's also flown under the radar a fair bit, which I kind of get because he's a new player, but it might be a new scum player tell.

What do you think about Foo's attempt to start an Allanon wagon late D3?

Allanon Avalon wrote:

I was quick to hope off because I was confused on the Absorber role, @Shona I've never encountered it before, and I was not aware of it's abilities. So, you can rest easy there.

Yes, I've flown under the radar, but for good reason. I would rather stay quiet and not draw attention too much. That's just how I play, regardless of role.
    Well, I'm personally asking you to not do that.

Shayface wrote:

I respect that, but I do remember that one of the vets said that the job of the town (and especially vanilla townies, as they have nothing to lose) is to play it up and be active. It forces the mafia to match the town level of activity and overall creates more conversation and contributes to the town's pool of information.
    I like a bold Town.
  • Shayface wrote:

Man, I'm in quite a pickle if I get to be the top lynch candidate, my role would not help me get out of it if i roleclaimed :(
    Mr. Shayface, how many licks does it take to get to the centre of my problem with you? The world may never find out.

I'm about to play the pot-calling-the-kettle-black card since I did something similar yesterday, but I call out Townies who effectively shell out their vote to someone else as if to abdicate all responsibility for their vote should things go south. You are responsible for your own vote. Make it based upon your own rationale. Because every vote you cast at the behest of someone else tells us less and less about you and more and more about how you don't want to do your own research and insight checking.

Yes, I did this yesterday. I all but sold my vote to the Town. However, I also had a way out (Foo's lynch) and was also willing to die to get said lynch. Are you willing to play the same gambit?