Forums
Guides
Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
Mario Mafia Madness - Trouble in Paradise (Day 5)
  • The Missing Link wrote:

@Shona, what do you think we should do today? Given many of the names that have been ruled out, where do you think our focus should be?

On the topic of the claims: after mulling over it, I don't think mass claims are the way to go right now. If the mafia still have any roles that can cause confusion then not only is it going to hinder us it's going to help them plan their moves. Let's lynch someone we're unsure of and leaning toward scum on today and then see what else we learn overnight - I don't think we need an elaborate plan here either, since it would be best if the mafia didn't know who was planning to do what.

Right now I'm leaning towards re-instating my vote for Allanon because of his interaction with Linkle (I know they're friends, but that doesn't make him town) and the fact that he hopped his vote off Foo pretty quickly this morning. He's also flown under the radar a fair bit, which I kind of get because he's a new player, but it might be a new scum player tell.

Right now I'd also be OK with lynching Solsetur (he spent a lot of time saying that Foo was town, and this was before Foo made his Oracle claim, and a Roleblocker isn't necessarily a town role and even if it is, it may hit one of our power roles), Shayface (I have a neutral read on him, TML said his info doesn't confirm his alignment one way or the other and a Shay flip will reveal info about players who have tried to have him lynched), and maaaaybe Malon (I'm a bit hesitant in case she is really a sibling to DLR and we lose them both, but she hasn't played the game and that's been really frustrating).

I still want to re-read some things. Depending on the number of scum left, I'm also not excluding the possibility that someone on my "list of people I think are town" is lying and might have pulled off a great bus, and I wouldn't put it past Foo to engineer that in advance. But on examining each of them, there's a big reason why they're on that list so yeah I'm not really getting anywhere at the moment...

Finally if I had to examine someone else, maaaaybe Nacho. I think he was most likely acting town, but he did cause a lot of unnecessary confusion which is good for the mafia.

Slightly Random Question: If the roleblocker visited the absorber, would they gain the roleblocking power? Or would the absorber be blocked from both gaining the roleblocking power and using the power they gained the previous night, or just the latter?
    A famous explorer once said, that the extraordinary is in what we do, not who we are.

• Shona wrote:

Slightly Random Question: If the roleblocker visited the absorber, would they gain the roleblocking power? Or would the absorber be blocked from both gaining the roleblocking power and using the power they gained the previous night, or just the latter?
    I would say that the way these roles interact is up to the GM. But I think that since the Absorber role is more of a passive role, it would not be roleblocked and would absorb the roleblocking power.
    "Time passes, people move.... Like a rivers flow, it never ends... A childish mind will turn to noble ambition... Young love will become deep affection... The clear water's surface reflects growth..."

Saving a link here: Mafia XI: Ace Attorney -- Night Four: Serial Killers and Serial Gamblers.

"you came up with the idea, so youre the genius here"
    ~Malia

"F*** you, you ain't no Barnes. Yousa scrub, honey."
  • Allanon Avalon wrote:

I was quick to hope off because I was confused on the Absorber role, @Shona I've never encountered it before, and I was not aware of it's abilities. So, you can rest easy there.

Yes, I've flown under the radar, but for good reason. I would rather stay quiet and not draw attention too much. That's just how I play, regardless of role.
    I respect that, but I do remember that one of the vets said that the job of the town (and especially vanilla townies, as they have nothing to lose) is to play it up and be active. It forces the mafia to match the town level of activity and overall creates more conversation and contributes to the town's pool of information.
    "Time passes, people move.... Like a rivers flow, it never ends... A childish mind will turn to noble ambition... Young love will become deep affection... The clear water's surface reflects growth..."

Saving a link here: Mafia XI: Ace Attorney -- Night Four: Serial Killers and Serial Gamblers.

~Malia

• @Shona keep in mind that this is my first game and I honestly believed Foo was town. I should have been way more suspicious of him.

Seems like a pretty scummy plan, too. He took my target pretty early on and even after likely figured out what my role was, decided not to vanilla me or take me out either day (either because there were better roles or otherwise). Better to just wrap me around his finger and then see how long he can keep me on his side.

Meh. If you wanna lynch me go for it, but now that my role is revealed town can help direct me away from potential Town power roles and I can prevent either future people being turned vanilla or future people getting killed. Remember, if I were mafia, I wouldn't have targetted you last night -- who I have no read on whatsoever -- I would have targetted TML, blackbird, or someone with a more obvious power role.

Seems pretty eh to target me as well. I'm guessing it's because I'm targetting you. What, wanna get rid of the roleblocker so they can't block you anymore? We know you're not the doctor, because you were roleblocked last night and unless you were the mafia's killer, the doctor saved someone last night. I doubt your role is significantly powerful, what's the harm in even softclaiming to get me off your back?

Note, that, I'm not entirely convinced that the "you can keep targetting me" is a townie response either. That is literally the exact same thing Foo said to me when he found out I was targetting him. I'm not going to buy it a second time. If you were townie and you had a role that could be worth protecting town you'd be trying to redirect me as where, not let me cripple town and then gun for my lynch.
  • Shayface wrote:

Allanon Avalon wrote:

I was quick to hope off because I was confused on the Absorber role, @Shona I've never encountered it before, and I was not aware of it's abilities. So, you can rest easy there.

Yes, I've flown under the radar, but for good reason. I would rather stay quiet and not draw attention too much. That's just how I play, regardless of role.
    I respect that, but I do remember that one of the vets said that the job of the town (and especially vanilla townies, as they have nothing to lose) is to play it up and be active. It forces the mafia to match the town level of activity and overall creates more conversation and contributes to the town's pool of information.
    I respect that too, but I'm not exactly one that has nothing to lose, so to speak.
  • Allanon Avalon wrote:

Shayface wrote:

Allanon Avalon wrote:

I respect that too, but I'm not exactly one that has nothing to lose, so to speak.
    All of us have something on the line. That's the beauty of role madness. Rolling with the punches and getting in punches yourself.

~Malia

• Okay, I'm fine with a Nafchacho vote going forward. The whole lying not lying is just a big mess and I don't like the way he lied and all that.

Now moving forward, i suggest that Sólsetur should block someone they have not blocked before and then tomorrow, based on the results of everyone's night actions we'll put some heads on the chopping block

How does that sound?

~Malia

• Sólsetur wrote:

@HollowmanOfEoL how does your role work, exactly? Maybe we can work together on something.

Shona wrote:

I asked if I were to be roleblocked, what would happen.
    The roleblock is "activated" before my absorbtion.
    As I see it, it works as all actions directed at me lands on me. Then the absobtion kicks in.
    I'f I'm not dead by that point, I get to keep said actions.
    I would then not know if I were roleblocked or just that no one targeted me.

------

I haven't entirely been sold on the vanillizing thing happening to either Boxes or Harrie.
    The Harrie part would have been quite the elaborate plan.
    But I would think it could have been done.
    I'm basing this on the elaborate claim Foo made about his oracle role.

-------

I've also been thinking about Leo. (Hi Leo! /wave)
    What kind of role did he have and the fact that Foo was a role cop.
    I would probably have both janitor-killed while I was role copping.
    Idk if that could be done really?
    But that would give you a safe role to claim.
    Maybe that is where Foo got his oracle claim from? Maybe Leo was a watcher?

--------

Malon. Sigh.
    @Malon, you said you were going to supply us with a read list.
    Please do so. Ignore today's read through if that would speed up your read list.
    Highlights: Foo was day killed by Kay and was flipped red.

--------

I'm inclined to think a bit like Sol here.
    Since Sol roleblocked Shona.
    Shona was either a killing force or not the doctor.
    I'm inclined to vote for Shona.

--------

Kae, Sol and Harrie are likely to be town.

DLR, Malon and Boxes are maybe town.

Shona, Shayface and Allanon is at the bottom here.

--------

That is all. For now. :)
  • Sólsetur wrote:

I can agree with that, though I'm not sure who would be a decent block outside of Shona. Who I blocked last night lmao.
    The problem with blocking Shona again is that, IF she is Mafia, another Mafia member can perform the kill. If she is NOT Mafia, the Mafia can intentionally not kill someone in order to frame her. Just think about that. I don't control what you do, It's all up to you.

~Malia

• Shayface wrote:

Okay, I'm fine with a Nafchacho vote going forward. The whole lying not lying is just a big mess and I don't like the way he lied and all that.

Now moving forward, i suggest that Sólsetur should block someone they have not blocked before and then tomorrow, based on the results of everyone's night actions we'll put some heads on the chopping block

How does that sound?
    I get that Naf screwed up but no one has counterclaimed them, so what's the point of the lynch? We'll just be down a Townie and no closer to the remaining scum....