Forums
Guides
Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
Mario Mafia Madness - Trouble in Paradise (Day 5)
  • Well, I'm out until EOD. My vote for Malon still stands.
    "Time passes, people move.... Like a rivers flow, it never ends... A childish mind will turn to noble ambition... Young love will become deep affection... The clear water's surface reflects growth..."

Saving a link here: Mafia XI: Ace Attorney -- Night Four: Serial Killers and Serial Gamblers.

"you came up with the idea, so youre the genius here"
    ~Malia

"F*** you, you ain't no Barnes. Yousa scrub, honey."
  • I mean, if I'm vannilaized I won't argue with a lynching. This is exactly the sort of situation a roleblock or roleblock is supposed to be able to abuse.
    ~~~
    Although postsocratics like St. Augustine and Judith Butler explored a diverse set of ethical and metaphysical ideas, their unifying feature as a movement was a principled refusal to speculate upon which of the four elements the world was made out of.
    ~~~

boxes is the best human and I am going to get her a kitten or 2 kittens
  • Kay Faraday wrote:

Bussing the godfather to save myself, sure

I don't think it would qualify as a bus if you were doing it to save yourself. If there are two lynch wagons with little info incriminating either subject, my guess is that general one would vote to save themselves. This doesn't make you scum, obvs, but what I'm saying is it invalidates the data pertaining to you re: contributing to ID's lynch.

Edited to fix quote
    [signature by RealmWings]

The post was edited 2 times, last by boxes ().

• The Missing Link wrote:

Town: Captain Harrie, Blackbird, Boxes, Cody, Nafchacho, Shona, Kae, Sólsetur (in more or less decreasing order of confidence)
    Neutral: Malon, Allanon Avalon, Dark Link Reigns
    Possible Mafiosi: Foo, Linkle, Shayface, Hollowman

blackbird wrote:

I would so be down for a Foo vote. However, my concern is that Foo was targeted in ax's nexus maker on N1 and it is possible TML is picking up someone else...

The thought has occurred to me that the placement of the Nexus maker might have been to offset any cop result.

Foo, I feel like a question about how many shots the vanilla-izing role has would be more helpful to the town in general, but the questions boxes and Harrie have been suggesting would be more helpful in proving you. As you're a strong player, proving you would be quite the useful feat, but I honestly feel like there are other ways to do that.
  • ♬Nafchacho♬ wrote:

Sólsetur wrote:

@Linkle nevermind

I'm curious about blackbird. If blackbird has an important role, what relevance is it to the town?

Not vying for a roleclaim or anything, But once blackbird wasn't under pressure they voted for Nafchacho, which is someone I've personally been hard to read. It's also important to note that as of the final count before Harrie's claim Naf was voting for me, not Axius (to be fair, along with English, Hollow and Boxes) and they didn't give much of a reason to. Now, I know that I wasn't claiming meme and whatnot but, English, Hollow and Boxes all actively reasoned their votes/tried to engage with me to get me to say the magic words. This was Naf's post:

Mario Mafia Madness - Trouble in Paradise (Day 3)

to be fair, they voted Axius earlier and left the vote when Axius fake rolelclaimed.

also his vote back to axius: Mario Mafia Madness - Trouble in Paradise (Day 3)

wtf is this? Like, I don't like the "oh's" they posted at EoD. It.. added nothing to the conversation, just reacted to everything, and managed to hide themself in the background.

also, if I'm Mafia, and it seems like one of my guys is going to be lynched without a doubt (as in the case of the fake roleclaim), I know for a fact that I would have switched my vote immediately. no reason to assume others wouldn't either.

also, naf was one of the last people (along with myself =/ though for what it's worth, im not mafia lol) to switch his vote to Axius.

I think it is worth it to take a look at him. I don't quite trust thm, I don't like how ambiguous they've been.

Interesting also to note that Naf was backing my wagon on Day 1, against Kay Faraday. the second largest wagon.

Naf posted this right before the day ended when it was clear ID was going to be lynched: Mario Mafia Madness - Trouble in Paradise (Day 3)

And going back further, Naf hopped on ID's wagon when it was at it's largest, and it was almost-clear that he would get lynched. Then immediately hopped off to the second largest on Foo's suggestion. Mario Mafia Madness - Trouble in Paradise (Day 3)

maybe im overanalyzing things? What are you guys' thoughts on this?
    Well okay, first of all no, I was on the Axius wagon but left after they told me they were a watcher and mentioned they couldn't tell me who they watched, English was backing me up on this. I switched votes back when Cap Harrie said that he was the watcher, I wanted Axius to die to confirm my bets. So I went with Axius literally minutes after Captain Harrie's posts. So yeah no.
    I feel like I have been clear the whole game. I have nothing to hide and no other meaning to take on, of course you can make anything out of something. But nope, nothing.

I also answered this FOUR total times yesterday about the I.D wagon switch. I felt that I.D was a valuable mafia player (as in the game) who would provide for input than Kay, who on previous games through my experience, did not add alot. I was also gone for most of day 1 so I never really understood the reasoning as mentioned and never understood Foo's post.

Now you are just bullshitting everyone. YOU LITERALLY DID ALL THE SAME SHIT AS ME. You voted for Kay as well during the I.D wagon. You last minute voted Axius but I thought Axius was scum from the start but didn't have the votes to back it up till cody and the roleclaim. I don't think you are scum but literally just doing dumb stuff now, you did the same things.

My last post in day 1 was a joke. Are you kidding me? How dumb do you guys think I am? I also wrote I am the real slim shady, and posted a pic of wario and wal kissing.

Sólsetur wrote:

[unvote]Malon[/unvote]

[vote]Nafchacho[/vote]

Honestly, Malon is not going to get back on me on that pressure vote on them lol. Naf's a better target for pressure and, in my mind, a more viable candidate atm until he convinces me otherwise. Will probably switch to a Malon vote if that's what's gaining traction, though, if only to get rid of an inactive.
    I ain't telling you shit. A pressure vote is what got me killed in other mafia games.

Kae wrote:

Foo (2) - Linkle, Allanon Avalon
    Malon (1) - boxes
    Shayface (1) - Axius27
    Solsetur (1) - English
    blackbird (1) - Dark Link Reigns
    Kay Faraday (1) - Shayface
    No Lynch (1) - Malon

These are the votes at the end of day 2 that were not for Axius. I think in respect for English's death, we should lynch Solestur.

[vote] Solestur [/vote]
    PROOF^
    Sol is coming at me with actions that he did himself. And even changing my funny post to a mafia confirmation.
    relax bud, i wanted a better read from you than what I'd gotten previously. I got it. Also I voted for Kay during the ID wagon because I wasn't around for EoD, haha; I also switched a lot for EoD Day 2 because I had the second largest wagon and would have thrown my lot in with whoever had the highest (hence, me voting Shayface as well at EoD before Axius fake claim).

I think Foo is telling the truth, given my past interactions with him.

[unvote]Naf[/unvote]

[vote]TML[/vote]
  • I can confirm that I was redirected because I tried to work with Foo on night one and somehow Link le got what I was giving.

This could confirm what Foo is saying. He was probably targeted with a redirection and it going to Linkle does not confirm or disprove her being mafia.

I believe Foo's claim. He is also so well versed in mafa that he could come up with the most beautiful fake claim knowing it wouldn't be counterclaimed or disproven.

However, I think it's more likely that there is a redirector on the mafia side, and they are being wise and continuing to redirect Foo. It is apparent that SOMEONE on every single day of this game has tried to start a Foo bandwagon. They are trying to kill him by lynch because they've already invested so much of their redirection night actions on him.

That's why ??? (I forget which player, I'm on mobile and dying) originally tried to say he received a killing action result from Foo last night.

Therefore, I think our votes are best used on the players who have not provided any information what so ever to their role being beneficial to the town: Linkle, DLR, TML, Malon.

[Unvote] Sol [/unvote]
    [Vote] LINKLE [/vote]
  • I gotta go to the shop and buy some cat food lmAO I'll be disappearing in a little bit

--

I'm fine with any of the current lynch suggestions but on the basis of punishing lack of actually playing the game, I'll be voting for

[VOTE]Malon[/VOTE]

but im happy to change if need be

Blog | Twitter | Art Thread
    this post was brought you by a 100% authentic human being and definitely NOT a bear
  • Here to answer some things:

Shona wrote:

Oops I missed that. DLR if you have time, one quick question: you said your role is useless, but it doesn't hurt the town does it?
    I can't answer this with a straight yes or no. As it stands right now, as of posting this, my role does not hurt the town nor does it help it. I am currently as useful as a vanilla townie.

Sólsetur wrote:

@Foo @boxes @Cody @Captain Harrie what are your opinions on my post about Naf?

Pinging you four in particular because you are all confirmed townie, or are in my eyes.

@blackbird @Dark Link Reigns @The Missing Link interested in your opinions as well, as the three of your have lesser claims to being townie in my eyes (though, TML, i admit that your claim is weakest and im just going on my gut here)

EDIT:

this post Mario Mafia Madness - Trouble in Paradise (Day 3)
    Naf is way to hard to read. They can be very antagonistic at even the slightest provocation. However, I have noticed that they are pretty good at getting scum (whether through sheer dumb luck or actual solid reads, still don't know).

As has been mentioned before (I believe by TML), Naf's play style just asks to be voted for simply because they are all over the place. This game though, I've noticed they are playing a little less sporadic - not sure if this is a scum tell or not, but it certainly is a noticeable difference in their standard play style (for the most part).

Allanon Avalon wrote:

I've just been observing and seeing if I could read anyone. As I said earlier, I agree with Sol's views on Naf...I've noticed a pattern in how he has been playing lately and it seems really suspicious...I'm holding off on voting until I get a more solid feeling, but so far only Naf, Foo, and DLR seem a bit scummy to me.
    Care to explain why exactly you find me scummy? I'd also like you to form some of your own opinions about some of the other players instead of just following Linkle and other people. You have yet to actually produce any of your own reads and just piggy back on other people's points.

I know you are new to playing here, but that certainly doesn't excuse not being able to form your own opinions/reads on Day 3.

@Foo - if you are an Oracle and you are looking for a question with a numerical answer - try asking "How many killing roles are in the game?".

But I mean also, seeing as the question is asked at night, we have no idea if you are actually asking these questions or not so we really need to be taking you at your word - which is throwing a lot of trust in your direction with very little to base it on.

I also am not a fan of the provided questions. Literally only one person can verify each of those questions. While I'm not saying that they are scum, I also don't see any solid evidence to prove 100% that Harrie and boxes are townie.

Sig & Avvy by Lady Sunshine, the most wonderful girl in the world
    Come check out our little business - Birdie B Bath Bombs
  • Kae wrote:

I can confirm that I was redirected because I tried to work with Foo on night one and somehow Link le got what I was giving.

This could confirm what Foo is saying. He was probably targeted with a redirection and it going to Linkle does not confirm or disprove her being mafia.

I believe Foo's claim. He is also so well versed in mafa that he could come up with the most beautiful fake claim knowing it wouldn't be counterclaimed or disproven.

However, I think it's more likely that there is a redirector on the mafia side, and they are being wise and continuing to redirect Foo. It is apparent that SOMEONE on every single day of this game has tried to start a Foo bandwagon. They are trying to kill him by lynch because they've already invested so much of their redirection night actions on him.

That's why ??? (I forget which player, I'm on mobile and dying) originally tried to say he received a killing action result from Foo last night.

Therefore, I think our votes are best used on the players who have not provided any information what so ever to their role being beneficial to the town: Linkle, DLR, TML, Malon.

[Unvote] Sol [/unvote]
    [Vote] LINKLE [/vote]
    I do not want to provide more than I have to because that would be detrimental to the town. I will state again - my role, as it stands right now, with neither hurt nor help the town.

However, that is not to say my role doesn't have a function.

• Foo wrote:

My role PM, including flavor text, when copied into this counter returns 680 characters. If we establish that there is a 100 character range from this then even if you allow for 2 character error in either direction based on the selection of paragraph breaks or whatever I would have less than a 1 in 20 shot of guessing correctly.

Good enough for a social scientist :P
    OK. So in follow-up. Where did you get the 100 character range estimate? Also, since I said the question was reasonable, that implies that I checked both assumptions (the character count of my PM and the variance between different counters)... implying that my PM has an ~100 or more character difference from yours. Given these implications of my statement (narrowing your ability to guess correctly) I think it's best to choose another Townie if you're going to go with this question.
  • Sorry, I provided the 680 character starting point so that we could see if we couldn't *establish* a 100 character (minimum) variance. If there is any player who, themselves, has fewer than 580 characters or more than 780 characters they could juts post "there is enough variance". If there are players who have below 630 characters or above 730 character they could post "low" and "high" respectively and the combination would be enough to establish a range. Obviously it would be best if our well confirmed players could do this, but even if others do I think there is very minimal risk of passing information to the mafia.
    ~~~
    Although postsocratics like St. Augustine and Judith Butler explored a diverse set of ethical and metaphysical ideas, their unifying feature as a movement was a principled refusal to speculate upon which of the four elements the world was made out of.
    ~~~

boxes is the best human and I am going to get her a kitten or 2 kittens
  • Kae wrote:

don't we usually vote against players who confirm they have a role that isn't beneficial to the town? If it doesn't help, and it doesn't hurt, I've seen towns take out those roles because they do not do anything for us.
    Sigh.... without coming right out and saying it, I can't make it any clearer that, AS IT STANDS RIGHT NOW, AS I TYPE THESE VERY WORDS, my role does not hurt nor help the town.