Guides
Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
    Pinned
    General Gaming Arcadia 2020: The Silver Age of Gaming is just beginning
    • More Witcher 3 adoration incoming!!!!

Soooooo I have super appreciation for the endings of Blood & Wine when you need to make a choice, but you can change your mind! It's something so simple, but I changed my mind and loved the fact that CDP put the option to do so in there, though ofc changing your mind results in something different than having chosen it to begin with! I was going to do one thing, saw what was happening because of it, and most games be like "lol, you chose this!" I loved that Witcher lets you see what's happening and then change your mind about the right course of action!

So, spoilers for B&W ending ofc,

Display Spoiler
      I was going to save Detlaff and hopefully save everyone in the process! I didn't want to bring the sister to him since I didn't want her butchered by him (my conscience just wouldn't allow that, I wouldn't be able to know I was a party to that and not feel like shit) and I didn't trust Detlaff one bit; I appreciated he was blackmailed, but I just couldn't trust him and thought he was dangerous and volatile. Buuuuuuuut that was my initial choice! Until I saw what Detlaff was doing that is; killing hundreds and hundreds of innocent people, in a rage! It was disgusting. And the pity I had for him suddenly vanished and I just thought... no, he's dangerous. Can't let him walk away. So I decided I had to kill Detlaff and changed my mind. And the game let me!!

On that note, Regis was SUCH good character in that sequence of events. Had his head screwed on, appreciated everything Geralt said, and helped him despite not liking what it had come down to. What a guy! And a good friend that he stood by Geralt through everything.

But I think I made the right decision, and a decision I think Geralt would have made too actually. Like, Geralt always said he doesn't kill monsters, he kills dangerous monsters. Detlaff was dangerous, imo, after he started doing that definitely, and I had to put a stop to it. The sister was disgusting but she should have been tried and imprisoned, not butchered like an animal like I worried Detlaff would do and I worried about convincing him otherwise. If he hadn't of started killing people I could have been convinced by Regis to do that, but as soon as I walked down the streets of bodies... no, fuck that guy! enough's enough. Too many innocent people killed by his hand! Some under blackmail, sure, but a majority when it ain't!

I've not looked at any other endings since I think that ruins it! Like, I'm not pursuing a good ending, I'm pursuing MY ending. <3 But god damn. That finale was sooooo damn good. My current GOTY is officially a DLC, haha
      :: makes the :3 face a lot ::

The post was edited 1 time, last by Mercedes ().

• There's rumors that there's going to be a game tie-in with the upcoming Mega Man cartoon.

I'm not sure what to think, honestly. On one hand, the franchise is in desperate need of a new and proper game release. But on the other hand, the cartoon is so drastically different from the already established multi-series that I'm not feeling all that confident with it. It doesn't help that Man of Action responded awfully defensive and unsympathetic when faced with reasonable criticism.

I really hope that Capcom doesn't intend to reboot the franchise with this cartoon and game tie-in. That would demolish almost 30 years of already established material and lore spread across multiple series. I hope they look to Sega as example and treat this cartoon and game as a side-series and its own thing with no bearing on the original series, like how Sega did with Sonic Boom. Except Capcom is keeping quiet on that front.

Not a good time to be a fan right now, honestly. I think I'd rather the franchise stay dead over something like this.
    • Mercedes wrote:

More Witcher 3 adoration incoming!!!!

Soooooo I have super appreciation for the endings of Blood & Wine when you need to make a choice, but you can change your mind! It's something so simple, but I changed my mind and loved the fact that CDP put the option to do so in there, though ofc changing your mind results in something different than having chosen it to begin with! I was going to do one thing, saw what was happening because of it, and most games be like "lol, you chose this!" I loved that Witcher lets you see what's happening and then change your mind about the right course of action!

So, spoilers for B&W ending ofc,

Display Spoiler
      I was going to save Detlaff and hopefully save everyone in the process! I didn't want to bring the sister to him since I didn't want her butchered by him (my conscience just wouldn't allow that, I wouldn't be able to know I was a party to that and not feel like shit) and I didn't trust Detlaff one bit; I appreciated he was blackmailed, but I just couldn't trust him and thought he was dangerous and volatile. Buuuuuuuut that was my initial choice! Until I saw what Detlaff was doing that is; killing hundreds and hundreds of innocent people, in a rage! It was disgusting. And the pity I had for him suddenly vanished and I just thought... no, he's dangerous. Can't let him walk away. So I decided I had to kill Detlaff and changed my mind. And the game let me!!

On that note, Regis was SUCH good character in that sequence of events. Had his head screwed on, appreciated everything Geralt said, and helped him despite not liking what it had come down to. What a guy! And a good friend that he stood by Geralt through everything.

But I think I made the right decision, and a decision I think Geralt would have made too actually. Like, Geralt always said he doesn't kill monsters, he kills dangerous monsters. Detlaff was dangerous, imo, after he started doing that definitely, and I had to put a stop to it. The sister was disgusting but she should have been tried and imprisoned, not butchered like an animal like I worried Detlaff would do and I worried about convincing him otherwise. If he hadn't of started killing people I could have been convinced by Regis to do that, but as soon as I walked down the streets of bodies... no, fuck that guy! enough's enough. Too many innocent people killed by his hand! Some under blackmail, sure, but a majority when it ain't!

I've not looked at any other endings since I think that ruins it! Like, I'm not pursuing a good ending, I'm pursuing MY ending. <3 But god damn. That finale was sooooo damn good. My current GOTY is officially a DLC, haha

Parts of that make me think of the free dlc quest Where the Wolf and Cat Play. Its a similar choice to make in that quest.
    • Khao wrote:

john_marston wrote:

Like when people post a list of Zeldas they've 100%ed. You used a guide, so who cares?
      The player who actually did it. Why, should anyone else care?
      Bragging rights, or to have something act as an icebreaker? I dunno. I don't 100% LoZ games.

Mercedes wrote:

I think there is a phenomenon of "too many games." :( Like, it feels like a backlog becomes WORK, not just fun, and is hard to chip away. Lol.

#firstworldproblems
      Yeah, I have like 100+ games, and quite a few of them have very little play time... if any. It's bad.
    • JP the Neurotic wrote:

Do any of you get into a mood where you're like" I have all these games I can play but I don't know what to play?"

That's how I feel right now.
      This happens especially AFTER I finish a game. I want to play something else, but for some reason I can't. I start up a game, get bored and stop playing.

Though sometimes I have the motivation to push right through and start enjoying the game. Like this month; I finished replaying Yakuza 5, and then jumped right into 7th Dragon III without too much trouble. Took me a small while to start it up, but after a few hours I was drawn in.

And once I get drawn into a game I usually play it until I finish it. I don't take a break from it to play other games.

The post was edited 2 times, last by insaney ().

• Midoro wrote:

TheMorriganZW wrote:

Bragging rights, or to have something act as an icebreaker? I dunno. I don't 100% LoZ games.
      To feel accomplished with the game and to feel like they've fully completed it.
      it's regarding that some people share that they 100%ed x amount of Zelda games. Not actually doing it.

PS I know that some people might have it in their signature, I don't see that stuff since I'm always on mobile, so it's not like I'm targeting people.

The post was edited 1 time, last by john_marston ().

• To be fair some stuff in games like Zelda can be pretty easy to miss and it's probably a good idea to use a guide for the last %. I have 100%'d everything from ALttP up to and including WW without a guide (not counting figures in WW because lol playing the game twice back to back, just no), but I don't think I'm going to do that again, I just don't have the time anymore to waste on a single game when I have another 200 on my backlog. Nowadays I just play them until it starts feeling like a chore. I didn't 100% TP or SS, no regrets.
      "Can't post that on a Christian forum."
    • @PU yeah I really don't have time to 100% games eigher. I have well over 100 physical games still to play. I think I did 100% some of the simpler Zeldas though, but just a few. I don't even want to imagine how boring 100%ing TP would be, all those poes.

I got around to playing Castlevania today, first time trying it. It's surprisingly fun, but holy shit is it cheap/hard at times! Medusa Heads, knock back, clunky controls; yuck. I'm now stuck at stage 13, can't beat Frankenstein and that monkey without losing my sanity. Im gonna google some tips and tricks for the game.
    • I think the last game I 100%'d was Batman Arkham Asylum.

It's at the same time the last game I wanted to 100%. Most current games have way too many uninteresting stuff on top of the part of the game I actually care about, especially since the Age of Achievements began. I'm pretty sure I'll never get a single Platinum trophy on PS4. Screw those things, experiencing all content the game has to offer is more than enough for me.

AH NO WAIT.

Ori and The Blind Forest. I totally 100%'d that thing. Twice. Even got the Achievements because I hate myself. Fuck was that game good.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Khao ().