Forums
Guides
Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
    Pinned
    General Gaming Arcadia 2020: The Silver Age of Gaming is just beginning
    • I started replaying System Shock 2 after piling graphic mods into it. Had to get used to never pushed A or D since the turning with those and mouse is a bit... iffy. So W is my forward key and the mouse does everything else. :D Really fun, though. Going all in on hacking and tech stuff, with some in weapons.
    • @Keyaki
      It's not that they did any worse job on TP HD than WW HD, it's just the art style that makes it look more dated. Wind Waker was always more abstract so it's easier to make an HD remaster that looks great today. If anything, they did a lot more work on TP.
      "Can't post that on a Christian forum."

The post was edited 1 time, last by Please Understand ().

• John wrote:

-Mana is so limited that using it outside of dragon battles is nigh-suicide, and since every single ability except basic attack uses mana, well, combat can get kinda dull. (In the early game this is helped somewhat by the fact that you level up very quickly, and a level up fully restores health and mana, so you can spend it a bit more freely. A few hours in, though, and it's an issue.)
      14 hours in and I'm not having a problem with this. I even seldomly use items to restore mana. The Agent which you have from the start can restore a huge chunk of the entire party's mana using Hacking and Scapegoat.exe while doing a fair amount of damage. Fortuner also has a skill that can regenerate the party's mana each turn, though not by much, at least initially.

Though this probably isn't a problem for me because of my 1st party makeup. Two God Hands and a Fortuner. I'm not too impressed with the Fortuner quite yet. Seems very weak as support. The God Hands on the other hand can tear through anything, using Jab and Front Punch for normal battles and then for bosses; God Charge and Ambush Stance to build up G/make the enemies target them so that they can use their most powerful attacks. Plus they can heal and revive.

I really like the Duelist, unskippable cutscenes aside. Traps are great, and that X Burn thing is amazing when you have a bunch of Fire Cards in your hand. That Lucky Roll can also help in getting extra SP or items and whatnot. But it's a class that depends on RNG. Can't tell you how much times I had only Ice or Lightning Cards in hand. I feel like the "search x" skills waste a turn. I put it out of my party to bring in the second God Hand, though.

Also you call it a terrible title, but it is the 3rd mainline game in the 7th Dragon series. It's basically [Franchise Name + Number: Subtitle]. A more terrible name would be 7th Dragon 2020-II [Franchise Name + Entry Number + Entry Number for that Entry Number]

The post was edited 5 times, last by insaney ().

• I finally beat TMC yesterday. I only needed 1 Kinstone fusion to 100% it, but screw it. I consider 100%ing a game by using a guide bullshit anyway.

Like seriously, so many people (here as well) like to 100% games for bragging rights and satisfaction, yet they use a step-by-step guide to get all the stuff they missed. I don't see the fun or challenge in that. It just takes time.
      And getting all the figures has to have been the most boring major side quest in any Zelda.
    • Depends what it is. If it's collectables... I guess so. There's not much to be left to brag about if you used a guide and just went and picked them up.
      But if you used a guide to help with some tips for like, The Mile High Club achievement from Call of Duty 4, yeah sure, man, brag away. Guide or not, that's still really damn hard.

But I agree to an extent. My friends go in to a new game treating it like a checklist. Here's all the stuff. Here's my guide. I have a strict no guide policy for my first play though. And if I wanna get the rest of the collectables on a replay, sure. Have at it. I don't care who does what, that's just how I operate.
    • Ty. wrote:

Depends what it is. If it's collectables... I guess so. There's not much to be left to brag about if you used a guide and just went and picked them up.
      But if you used a guide to help with some tips for like, The Mile High Club achievement from Call of Duty 4, yeah sure, man, brag away. Guide or not, that's still really damn hard.

But I agree to an extent. My friends go in to a new game treating it like a checklist. Here's all the stuff. Here's my guide. I have a strict no guide policy for my first play though. And if I wanna get the rest of the collectables on a replay, sure. Have at it. I don't care who does what, that's just how I operate.
      i hope you used a guide on your platinum run of Xillia :B

I am a no guide first play through guy as well. But I will uncover every single stone looking for everything. Like in my Fallout 1 playthrough, I will click on everything until I find -all the quests-. I will admit that sometimes I crack open a guide to check the stats of certain items, but that's mostly because the interface of the game is still somewhat wonky and it's hard to see how much AC, say, armor has, without trial and error. And I don't want to buy inferior armor just to check and see if it MIGHT be better than my current armor.
    • insaney wrote:

John wrote:

-Mana is so limited that using it outside of dragon battles is nigh-suicide, and since every single ability except basic attack uses mana, well, combat can get kinda dull. (In the early game this is helped somewhat by the fact that you level up very quickly, and a level up fully restores health and mana, so you can spend it a bit more freely. A few hours in, though, and it's an issue.)
      14 hours in and I'm not having a problem with this. I even seldomly use items to restore mana. The Agent which you have from the start can restore a huge chunk of the entire party's mana using Hacking and Scapegoat.exe while doing a fair amount of damage. Fortuner also has a skill that can regenerate the party's mana each turn, though not by much, at least initially.
      Though this probably isn't a problem for me because of my 1st party makeup. Two God Hands and a Fortuner. I'm not too impressed with the Fortuner quite yet. Seems very weak as support. The God Hands on the other hand can tear through anything, using Jab and Front Punch for normal battles and then for bosses; God Charge and Ambush Stance to build up G/make the enemies target them so that they can use their most powerful attacks. Plus they can heal and revive.

I really like the Duelist, unskippable cutscenes aside. Traps are great, and that X Burn thing is amazing when you have a bunch of Fire Cards in your hand. That Lucky Roll can also help in getting extra SP or items and whatnot. But it's a class that depends on RNG. Can't tell you how much times I had only Ice or Lightning Cards in hand. I feel like the "search x" skills waste a turn. I put it out of my party to bring in the second God Hand, though.

Also you call it a terrible title, but it is the 3rd mainline game in the 7th Dragon series. It's basically [Franchise Name + Number: Subtitle]. A more terrible name would be 7th Dragon 2020-II [Franchise Name + Entry Number + Entry Number for that Entry Number]
      My 1st party is a Duelist, God Hand, and Samurai, and the GH just eats mana when healing.

And yeah, I get where the name comes from, but it's still a really poor name. :P

May those who accept their fate be granted happiness;

Those who defy it, glory!
    • Lol I'm just rebelling against the "hardest mission ever" crowd.

It's probably not even a top 5 difficult mission in CoD4 let alone overall. If you're capable of making it through missions like No Fighting in the War Room, Heat, One Shot One Kill, etc on Veteran there's no way you can't sit down and get the Mile High Club achievement in like 30 minutes or less. It's a breeze compared to those. Yeah you'll fail a lot but the mission is like 1 minute long.

CoD2 and WaW on Veteran probably don't even have a single mission as easy as Mile High Club and those are just CoD games!
    • I don't really remember but I think it was the last level(?) I don't remember what it was called but it gave me more trouble than the mile high club for sure. And I rage quit WaW. Those god damn grenades. So annoying. Haha.

But at least the mile high club was only like 2 minutes of game repeated a bunch of times. So you could learn it.

Sig made by Lady Sunshine

The post was edited 1 time, last by Ty. ().

• @Ty I agree, but I was aiming at games like Zelda where puzzle solving/exploring is the challenging part when it comes to 100%ing it. Like when people post a list of Zeldas they've 100%ed. You used a guide, so who cares? I don't get all 20 hearts in most Zeldas I play for example. Why potentially ruin replay value by looking up all the stuff you missed with a guide?

On the CoD thing, I got the Mile High Club. Didn't think it was thát hard (though I don't see how a guide or w/e would help). I thought getting all the Special Ops stars in MW2 was much harder, especially without a friend