Forums
Guides
Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
Zelda Breath of the Wild: Official General Chat Thread [Beware: SPOILERS]
  • Caliber70 wrote:

why did the artist use orange paint instead of red? Purple instead of green?
    If they start paint strawberries orange, or grass purple, it's a legit question.
    100% | Finished | Now playing:
    TLoZ | 2nd Q | TAoL | ALttP | LA | LA DX | OoT | OoT MQ | MM | OoA | OoS | ALttP (GBA) | FS | TWW | FSA | TMC | TP | LCT | PH | ST | OoT 3D | FS AE | SS | ALBW | MM 3D | TFH | TP HD | BotW

The post was edited 1 time, last by Canyarion ().

• Topaz Mutiny wrote:

Dark Link Reigns wrote:

Unless my eyes aren't working right, I don't think that is a green Keese wing - to me it looks more yellow probably indicating an electric Keese of sorts.
    ... Green-yellow, yellow-green, nose booger, lime, whatever. I don't think debating about whether something is a different color like pink or lightish red is more important than me pointing out a third Keese variant exists in the first place.
    The color is definitely important as it may suggest what kind of Keese it is. In addition to how the wing looks yellow as a lemon to me, it seems to have a lightning pattern at the bottom just as the blue wing has a kind of ice-like pattern. Electric Keese have appeared in Skyward Sword. It being an electric Keese seems like a safe assumption.
    [pitch meeting] Okay so it's a ton of dogs. Dalmatians. 100 of 'em. I call it "100 Dalmatians." [idea man pipes in] Let's think bigger

- Ristolable
  • Link being left or right handed is due to the same reason as why he his backstory is a little bit different in every game. He is a different reincarnation in (almost) every game, so his dominant hand can change. Especially since they are trying to break tradition a little bit haha. And i'm sure there is a small part that they knew people would speculate that it is the same Link as SS Link. Especially since it's alluded that Link might be an reincarnation from a previous game.
  • Canyarion wrote:

If they start paint strawberries orange, or grass purple, it's a legit question.
    and Link having a different dominant arm is the equivalent to this? this being high as the sky? :coffee: that is reaching the same level of over-analyzed as Freud's, sometimes a flower is not about sex and testicles, Sigmund, sometimes a flower is just a flower. :artist: i would rather have them design more shirts and pants in the game than burn their brain cells and come up with an explanation for this dominant arm 'issue'.
  • Quoted from the Timeline Placement Theories thread, as I think it's relevant on both.

FrozenDragon wrote:

Say, has anyone noticed the similarity between the blue light from the Sheikah technology in BotW (Slate, bird airship before being corrupted, Guardians' laser, etc) with the blue light emitted from Impa's (a Sheikah) magic in SS, as well as the Gate of Time? (Which also looks very magitechy)

I saw this, and thought that maybe something happens at some point, not really sure if it could be a split off SS, but something that allows the Sheikah to further develop their magic/technology to the point shown in BotW.

Thoughts? (Also, gonna post this on the General thread as well since I think it fits both, lol)
  • Markleymark wrote:

Link being left or right handed is due to the same reason as why he his backstory is a little bit different in every game. He is a different reincarnation in (almost) every game, so his dominant hand can change. Especially since they are trying to break tradition a little bit haha. And i'm sure there is a small part that they knew people would speculate that it is the same Link as SS Link. Especially since it's alluded that Link might be an reincarnation from a previous game.

This is pretty much my opinion too. I'm sure if you're "reborn" your new body would be different from the old one. Link used to have brown hair after all. I don't think it matters all that much if he is a leftie anyway, but I will admit it was kind of a cool trait and made him a bit more unique.

On the subject of the music, I adored the "Life in the ruins" track. My god, the hairs on the back of my neck were standing up after I heard it. Definate Ghibli vibes, almost as if Joe Hisashi had composed it. Can't wait to hear more.
  • Canyarion wrote:

"Futabasha Guide artwork of a Fokkeru, which appears to be a misinterpretation of the monster's sprite" according to Zelda Wikia. So it's not Nintendo who made this, but I think it's the only art piece from that time.

I would be pretty hyped if the Fokkeru (and/or Fokka) would be turned into what we've seen in the trailer. In the first game, the Zora were evil creatures, but Nintendo fleshed them out into a friendly NPC race.
    Nintendo usually creates a new race instead of recycling an old one... but I think it would be pretty cool this time.
    In AOL, the enemies inside the palaces aren't actually villainous. Rather, they were created or recruited by the Triforce-wielding King to guard the crystals and the Triforce of Courage. It's the overworld enemies that want to use Link's blood to revive Ganon. Maybe the Fokka and Fokkeru serve the Hyrule Royal Family in other capacities as well.
    "The (Star Wars) EU is a bloated, wretched mess."
    - Jedi Master Sagan

The post was edited 1 time, last by Ganon Vader ().

• We see half of another stamina bar overlaying the default one in the game footage, suggesting further upgrades, which is comforting. I like the concept of the stamina bar, but I don't want Link to stay with the lung capacity of a chain smoker. Even if we do get several "vehicles" to travel around with, I want to be able to navigate labyrinths with more freedom of movement.

Khas wrote:

Really liking the atmosphere of the game I've been seeing in the trailers so far. I'll probably hold out and buy a Switch for this since I never bothered to buy a Wii U anyway.
    If you don't have a Wii U then yeah, provided that the system is not overly expensive, getting the Switch version is your best bet. I can't speak for performance or fidelity, but it already has a confirmed feature that makes it the definitive version, namely taking it on the go. As for me, I'll be tuning into the Switch presentation to make my decision, seeing as how I already have a Wii U.
  • OK, so, going back to the topic of where the Zonai Ruins are, I think they're in the northern part of Hyrule, since the mountain in the background could be Death Mountain, but maybe not.
    Triforce Of Link#0894 on Discord

Check out PBG HC.

In my quest to stave off boredom, I calculated that the Zelda Universe Forums began on June 25, 2003.

Has existed for two years! 4/12/2016 - 4/12/2018
  • TriforceOfLink wrote:

OK, so, going back to the topic of where the Zonai Ruins are, I think they're in the northern part of Hyrule, since the mountain in the background could be Death Mountain, but maybe not.
    I'm 80% sure it's in the northern half of the 2015 game awards area. I made a post about it here: reddit.com/r/Breath_of_the_Wil…ois_and_a_lot_of/dapqhwg/

The post was edited 1 time, last by QrowinSinposts ().

• Ganon Vader wrote:

In AOL, the enemies inside the palaces aren't actually villainous. Rather, they were created or recruited by the Triforce-wielding King to guard the crystals and the Triforce of Courage. It's the overworld enemies that want to use Link's blood to revive Ganon. Maybe the Fokka and Fokkeru serve the Hyrule Royal Family in other capacities as well.
    Nice info, thanks! Where did you read this? I want to look it up.

I was wondering about the Zonai ruins, is there nothing that we know it could be? Zonai kind of sounds like Zora... but it would be weird, because there's not enough water there for a Zora settlement.
    TLoZ | 2nd Q | TAoL | ALttP | LA | LA DX | OoT | OoT MQ | MM | OoA | OoS | ALttP (GBA) | FS | TWW | FSA | TMC | TP | LCT | PH | ST | OoT 3D | FS AE | SS | ALBW | MM 3D | TFH | TP HD | BotW
  • Canyarion wrote:

"Futabasha Guide artwork of a Fokkeru, which appears to be a misinterpretation of the monster's sprite" according to Zelda Wikia.
    Zelda Wiki ≠ Zelda Wikia

I've worked very hard to make sure of that.

-----

They do anatomically resemble the Fokkeru and the creators have been going back to the original titles for inspiration. Even if that were the case though, I'd doubt if they would actually use the name "Fokkeru" going forward. It would be up to unofficial theorizing to make the connection in lieu of any outright confirmation.
  • Tony wrote:

Canyarion wrote:

"Futabasha Guide artwork of a Fokkeru, which appears to be a misinterpretation of the monster's sprite" according to Zelda Wikia.
    Zelda Wiki ≠ Zelda Wikia
    I've worked very hard to make sure of that.

-----

They do anatomically resemble the Fokkeru and the creators have been going back to the original titles for inspiration. Even if that were the case though, I'd doubt if they would actually use the name "Fokkeru" going forward. It would be up to unofficial theorizing to make the connection in lieu of any outright confirmation.
    Sorry! I meant Zelda Wiki. :) I use it all the time, thanks.

And agreed... Nintendo might want to give this race a fresh start with a fresh name. Still doesn't stop us from theorizing. ^_^