Forums
Guides
Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
    Zelda reveal bingo - E3 2016 edition!
    • Welcome to the final and bestest Zelda UX reveal bingo game! This is where you show your Zelda prediction skills and have some extra fun while watching the presentation! You know that "Told you all" feeling? That's what we're going for. ;)

The Rules:

You're going to make a personal bingo sheet with 16 predictions. You can use this sheet that HeneQueen made, see attachment.

Use paint or something else to put 1 prediction in each square. You get 2 points for every good prediction, plus 10 points for every bingo row. Vertical, horizontal and diagonal all count! Try to be clever with your positioning.

But you cannot just make any simple prediction about the game. You'll agree that "sky is shown" or "gameplay footage" are too obvious and don't make for a nice game.

You’re free to choose your own predictions, but be reasonable. After all, it’s as much about bragging rights as it is about the points!

You upload and post your bingo sheet in this thread. If you don't know where to upload: you can also attach it to your post.

Your bingo sheet should be uploaded 24 hours before Nintendo's presentation starts. After E3 has ended, we'll see how many points everybody got.

What does the winner get? The right to boast about it until the next Zelda game gets revealed. ;)

Some ideas for predictions:

• Title revealed
      • Has no subtitle
      • Comes with cartoon series
      • Choose your horse
      • Female playable character
      • No female playable character
      • Pictobox confirmed
      • The background smudges of the art piece are important
      • Trailer uses Riddle of Steel/Riders of Doom song
      • Place in the timeline revealed
      • Will be a direct sequel to a game
      • A playable musical instrument shown
      • A New non-instrument item shown
      • Only playable with the Upad
      • Optional WiiMotion+ controls
      • Voice acting
      • Day/night cycle
      • No loading screens
      • Dungeon boss shown
      • Will have a form of multiplayer (and with this I don't mean Miiverse stuff)
      • Female villain shown
      • Master Sword shown
      • Majora's Mask references
      • ZU forums can’t handle the traffic and crash
      • A new NPC race shown
      • Magic bar or energy bar
      • Tingle, Beelde or other recurring character shown.
      • Time travel
      • Link changes age throughout the game
      • Reveal trailer: is 'epic' and doesn’t focus on controls (TP style)
      • Reveal trailer focuses on Upad controls (SS style)
      • A fairy companion // A non-fairy companion // Confirmed to have no companion
      • Zelda is Link's friend // Zelda is a stranger to Link
      • Link is a Sheikah //Link is a Gerudo // Link is a Hylian // Link is a Goron

For now, let's use the time to brainstorm a bit and list more possible predictions. Thanks to Melging for also wanting to make this thread but letting me post it!
      Images
      • Zelda U E3 bingo.jpg

57.78 kB, 550×587, viewed 1,228 times
      100% | Finished | Now playing:
      TLoZ | 2nd Q | TAoL | ALttP | LA | LA DX | OoT | OoT MQ | MM | OoA | OoS | ALttP (GBA) | FS | TWW | FSA | TMC | TP | LCT | PH | ST | OoT 3D | FS AE | SS | ALBW | MM 3D | TFH | TP HD | BotW

The post was edited 1 time, last by Canyarion ().

• Nice so far! I'll work on my own bingo card in a week or so, when I have time to order my thoughts.

Some of the predictions are bordering on being unfair. I don't want to ask anyone to change them... but perhaps it would be fun to come up with something more daring. Here are some predictions that seem fishy (and why):
      • Minor characters are seen throughout (we already saw some goatherds)
      • Confirmed to release alongside NX launch (it already is… it’s unlikely they changed their mind within 2 months… and are willing to admit that now)
      • Too much will be changed for some, too little for others (isn’t that the case for all Zeldas?)
      • More characters revealed (a whole E3 with just 1 character seems impossible)
      • Title/subtitle revealed (ok, some still believe it might not happen… but it seems very obvious after 4 years, while being the only Nintendo game on E3)
      • We finally see more than plains and mountains (very unlikely that we’ll only see plains and mountains)
      Other predictions are hard to judge because they’re very subjective. We don’t want to end up in an argument about opinions. These predictions show what I mean:
      • The overworld will be too empty (very subjective… look at Shadow of the Colossus, which has completely empty fields, but people love that)
      • The game will try too hard to appeal to western gamers and will not feel very Zelda like. (subjective)
      • The Treehouse will painfully praise the femLink option (painfully = subjective)
      • They didn’t fix Link’s face from the 2014 build (fix? Assuming something was wrong?)
      Any predictions about things after E3 are an auto-lose, because we decide on a winner right when E3 ends:
      • Sudden flood of info that will spoil the game will come after E3 ends (after E3...)
      • The NX version will release first. No release date yet though (we can’t be sure until it’s actually released)
      And with this prediction, do we need to see both to give you a point, or 1 of the 2? Because the last option isn’t really fair, that’s doubling your chances:
      • Voice acting / choosing gender will be confirmed (which one, or both?)
      So it's not a huge deal, it's not like anyone only used obvious predictions. It's ok to have a few easy wins, just try not to go overboard.
      (Mango, your choice of words might need some work though, or you might miss points even though your predictions were pretty good.)

I'm already having fun just reading all these cards. :D E3 is going to be pretty great.
      TLoZ | 2nd Q | TAoL | ALttP | LA | LA DX | OoT | OoT MQ | MM | OoA | OoS | ALttP (GBA) | FS | TWW | FSA | TMC | TP | LCT | PH | ST | OoT 3D | FS AE | SS | ALBW | MM 3D | TFH | TP HD | BotW

• That's not what I meant though.
      - If you believe the fields are too empty, while I believe they're too full, is that 2 points or not?
      - When does a game feel 'Zelda like'? Who decides that?
      - When is praise of a feature painful?

Then we might as well have predictions like:
      - I will be excited.
      - I will like the boss
      - I won't like the Treehouse people

Your Gorons prediction is perfectly fine, because there will either be Gorons, or not. Nobody can argue about that.

Again, I don't want to be a 'Game Master' here, because I also want to play myself. But I'm sure we can find way of writing down the predictions in a more objective and measurable way. But hey on the other hand I want to keep this fun, so I won't ask people to change if they don't agree.

• To be fair, I made my Bingo sarcastic and very subjective to underline just how unhyped I am for the game. Also, to elaborate on a few points since a lot of the ones you didn't like were mine @Canyarion

-Too much will be changed for some, too little for others (isn’t that the case for all Zeldas?)

This one was added mainly as a joke, but also because of how much they've hyped this Zelda as "breaking conventions" I do believe that plenty of people will be underwhelemed and decry the game for not changing everything, not necessarily their fault if they do feel this way though, as all we've known since 2014 is the "breaking conventions" line.

-The game will try too hard to appeal to western gamers and will not feel very Zelda like. (subjective)

This, is also subjective of me, but I mean it's something I see happening. They've talked a lot about the game trying to be openworld, so I could easily see them taking the idea of getting inspiration from other games too far.

-Voice acting / choosing gender will be confirmed (which one, or both?)

To answer your question for this one, yes you'd give double points if both happen, as it's still a rumor and even if one happens that doesn't mean the other is guaranteed.

-The Treehouse will painfully praise the femLink option (painfully = subjective)

I'll agree that this one is very subjective as is the one about Links face, but it's something I see happening. Nintendo adores patting itself on it's back, and I can totally see the Treehouse spending at least thirty minutes going over and over why a femLink option is so great, which regardless of how you may feel about femLink, I think we can all agree that we'd rather see the game then hear about how great or whatever a feature is.

Either way, I'm sorry mine was subjective, I kinda thought that was the point.
    • No don't be sorry, this should be a personal bingo sheet.

I'm just worried I don't know whether to give you the "you were right" or "you were wrong" on these predictions. If you think the 'femLink talk' was painful, while the rest of the community thinks it's fine, what do I do?

If you put it like "They talk about how great femLink is for at least 30 minutes" or "the femLink talk is generally seen as annoying", it's a lot easier to judge.

If that makes it any clearer... if not, I'll just drop the topic. :)
    • Personally I don't think a game can be fun if you either stack the deck in your favor, or make a lot of assumptions (because if the base assumption is wrong, you can say goodbye to every square based off of that assumption and have practically no chance of winning) that are negative/pessimistic and kill the buzz for other people ;) But that's just me. I am, after all, tempted to make one of my squares "the 4chan rumor is true" which is pretty much going to be a Fail Square, haha.

I'll probably make my bingo card sometime later this week. Kind of busy being in an airport, lol.