Forums
Guides
Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
Mafia XXII: Tales of Mafia - Yggdrasil's dream (GAME OVER)

• (Thanks Liah for the pretty graphics!)

Once upon a time, there existed a giant tree that was the source of all mana.

A war, however, caused this tree to wither away, and a hero's life was sacrificed in order to take its place.

Grieving over the loss, the goddess disappeared unto the heavens.

The goddess left the angels with this edict: "You must wake me, for if I should sleep, the world shall be destroyed."

The angels bore the Chosen One, who headed towards the tower that reached up unto the heavens.

And that marked the beginning of the regeneration of the world...

Demon Fox was...
    Display Spoiler

Colette Brunel, the Chosen of Regeneration

Welcome to Tales of Mafia!

This is the game thread, where all the action during the day takes place. But before we start, let's go over some ground rules.

Rules:
    • As mentioned in the hub, mafia requires a time commitment. If you going to be absent for a substantial length of time, due to IRL or otherwise, you must post in the hub saying such. Failure to do so, and going for an entire day or more without posting, will result in you being replaced, modkilled, or otherwise removed from the game.
    • To vote on players to lynch, use [vote] tags. For example, [vote]Silver[/vote]. Please remember to bold your votes; I won't modkill you or anything if you forget, but it makes my life a lot easier. The player with the most votes at the end of the day is lynched. In the event of a tie, the lynch shall be decided by cointoss. Not voting at all will count as a self-vote.
    • If you wish to change your vote at any point, you must first use [unvote] tags on your previous vote before voting again. So, if you voted for Silver, but then wanted to vote for gamtos, you would have to [unvote]Silver[/unvote] before voting for gamtos. Again, please remember to bold your unvotes.
    • Please try not to quote votes. I won't modkill you if you do, but it just makes things more difficult for me.
    • Game communication between players is only allowed in the designated channels, such as this thread. Discussing the game with players outside the designated channels, such as via IM, PM, Skype, carrier pigeon, and so on, is prohibited.
    • No fake tags in the game thread.
    • Absolutely no quoting PMs or any communication with the GM. This includes screenshots. Violating this will result in your being modkilled.
    • No editing posts once you have posted them. Minor edits for things such as spelling and grammar are allowed, but anything altering the content of the posts is not. If you could include in your edit that you have edited your post, that would be grand.
    • Night actions will be locked in one hour before the day starts, which is tentatively 9 PM EST (1 AM GMT, 12 PM AEST - sorry Europeans). In other words, after 8 PM EST, night actions will no longer be able to be changed. This is to give me a chance to sort everything out for the next day.
    • General ZU forum rules apply (in other words, no flaming, don't be a dick, etc.)

I think that about covers that!

Player List:

1. Malon Lynched Day 6, Guy Cecil, Town Bulletproof
    2. JP the Neurotic Lynched Day 4, Van Grants, Mafia Doctor
    3. Kae/Luma Killed Night 7, Sheena Fujibayashi, Town Doublevoter
    4. Ruki Lynched Day 1, Magnius, Mafia Goon
    5. Scribe of Spirit
    6. English/something_legible Killed Night 4, Estellise Sidos Heurassein, Town Doctor
    7. interestingdrug Killed Night 2, Kratos Aurion, Town Jack of All Trades
    8. Fluttershy Lynched Day 3, Barbatos Goetia, Mafia Jack of all Trades/Bomb
    9. Argenteus Killed Night 5, Natalia Luzu Kimlasca-Lanvaldear, Town Vanilla
    10. Ty Lynched Day 7, Alexei Dinoia, Mafia Role Cop
    11. Sabbo Killed Night 2, Raine Sage, Town Doctor/Mason
    12. Foo World Destroyer'd Day 3, Genis Sage, Town Mason
    13. EmptyStar Killed Night 1, Karol Capel, Town Hider
    14. Shayface Lynched Day 5, Abyssion, Mafia Roleblocker
    15. Jaime Lannister Killed Night 6, Raven, Town Weak Mason Recruiter
    16. Cody Killed Night 5, Lloyd Irving, Town Cop
    17. HeyBlinkin Killed Night 3, Zelos Wilder, Town Watcher
    18. Blackbird
    19. Bombchu Girl Killed Night 1, Judith, Town Tracker
    20. LuckyDan Killed Night 2, Regal Bryant, Town Miller
    21. Demon Fox
    22. Sam Nornal Lynched Day 2, Yeager, Mafia 1-shot Ninja

Table of Contents:

Day 1 starts: Right here!
    Day 1 ends
    Day 2 starts
    Day 2 ends
    Day 3 starts
    Day 3 ends
    Day 4 starts
    Day 4 ends
    Day 5 starts
    Day 6 starts
    Day 7 starts
    Final Day starts

Right, I think that covers everything. The day will start at 9 PM EST, when this thread is posted, and the day will last for 24 hours. The day will end at that time, and whoever has the most votes shall be lynched.

Have fun everyone! Let the games begin!
    PM me for the clan test!

Avatar & sig by the amazing Liah!

The post was edited 26 times, last by Silver ().

• Public Service Announcement One
    Late Arrivals

Got here late to find 200 posts of backlog? Don't panic! Mafia is always going to be a stressful experience, but feeling like you need to read through 10 pages of content in 10 minutes shouldn't be part of that stress. It's always reasonable to jump to the end of the thread and let us know you're here and will get through the extra posts on your own time: your co-players will all understand, I promise :P

When you do get time to read through the thread, take the time to read actively and even make notes for yourself. Whatever tools it takes to keep you from feeling like your drowning in information benefit us all.

Have an excellent time!
    ---
    Publid Service Announcement Two
    Nigh Actions

I don't have any :(

----

Morning Folks

Entirely hyped to be back for Mafia for the first time since August. I'll be honest I don't know the first thing about Tales but I have absolutely no doubt that Silver has a great game for us. No point reiniventing the wheel here, so let me quote a Foo past:

I make these opening posts to iNform new players and Remind vets of the liTtle incidentals of Mafia. Little thinGs that are impOrtant to know but arEn't strictly stated iN the rules. CoDy will probably tell yOu tHat this is an attemPt to fraMe the game on my oWn terms – and he's ceTtaInly right abOut that – but this iSn't about gaininG advantage as toWn or scum: it'S about Creating thE Sort of environment that proMotes the exciting, dYnamic, and skilFul sort of Mafia thAt I liKe to play.

NotHing is More impoRtant in MaFiA than haVing a Plan:

I heartily recommend that everyone - town, scum, third party, whoever you might be - set a goal for yourself today. That can be something as simple as the vanilla townie's "stay alive" and as complex as the mafia usurpers "lynch the Godfather to gain his powers ASAP". Some roles - like cop and vig - want to spend the day trying to draw the eye of the doctor. Others - like PGO and Hider - want to do whatever they can to set the doctor looking some other way. The doctor wants to pay attention to these sorts of signals... but so does a mafia goon.

I have a reputation around here for being "the guy with the plan", but the honest truth is that no one wins a game of mafia without setting goals and working to achieve them. Once you've decided what you want out of this game, day one becomes a whole lot less mysterious.

WhatEver goaL You set, staying alIve iS gOing to be a Big part of SeEing it through. We will eNd day oNE by lynching the pLaYer whom we think will be least HelPful to the Town. There is a veRy small chanCe that that will be a sCum player who makes a critiCal Mistake, bUt far more likely it Will be a player who shOWs themselves incapable or UnwilliNg to cooperate with the town's good intent. If the prinCiplE goAl is surViVal, the best way to aChieve that goal is By playiNg “pro-toWn”.

What does that look like?

1) Be active. Make productive posts and be visible but don't weigh down the thread. Even if you feel like you don't have much to contribute, it's critical to your survival to find a way to make your presence felt without trying everyone's patience.

2) Don't give up on trust and teamwork. You don't have to trust anyone in particular, but you do need to try to work together with the town as a whole or you're ultimately supporting the scum.

3) Pre-commit yourself, verbally, to reactive play. Your wagons are less likely to be seen as hiding a bias or a bus when you give fair warning.

4) Don't vote “randomly” without a sufficient display of rigor

5) Don't claim positive-utility passive roles, like bulletproof or paranoid gun owner. Ever. Only scum have reason to make these claims.

6) When it is clear that one of two people must be mafia, make your vote and shut up. If you keep talk and analysis to an absolute minimum the worst that can happen is that town trades for scum 1-for-1. Half the time you do a lot better. If you get pressured into talking it out, the town can lose the game on the spot.

7) Understand your role and its position in the town. Don't be afraid to check the wiki, re-read past games, or even seek out advice from non-players (with the GM's permission obviously).

8) Recognize that Mafia is anti-inductive

9)Keep us notified of your absences and try to be present for the day's end

10)Lynch all Liars

11)Have fun!
    ~~~
    Although postsocratics like St. Augustine and Judith Butler explored a diverse set of ethical and metaphysical ideas, their unifying feature as a movement was a principled refusal to speculate upon which of the four elements the world was made out of.
    ~~~

boxes is the best human and I am going to get her a kitten or 2 kittens
  • Let's make this a good one everyone :)
    "Time passes, people move.... Like a rivers flow, it never ends... A childish mind will turn to noble ambition... Young love will become deep affection... The clear water's surface reflects growth..."

Saving a link here: Mafia XI: Ace Attorney -- Night Four: Serial Killers and Serial Gamblers.

"you came up with the idea, so youre the genius here"
    ~Malia

"F*** you, you ain't no Barnes. Yousa scrub, honey."
  • So, Demon Fox appears to be some sort of Innocent Child. Demon Fox, including the space, has 9 characters in it. Cats have nine lives. Another name for cat is feline. Feline has six letters in it. English is player #6. English is sometimes synonymous with British. British has seven letters in it. Player #7 is interestingdrug, who happens to be British. His username contains 15 letters. Player number 15 is Jaime Lannister.

[vote]Jaime Lannister[/vote]

Trust no one. Not even yourself.
  • Well in Tales of Symphonia, Colette (along with the much better character, Zelos) was this person called the Chosen who needed to save the world by traveling to different towers and being blessed by angels to regenerate the world. So I think maybe it's an innocent child sort of thing? If there was more flavor - and a higher bastard level (how high is this again) - based on the game I might be saying we should be more wary. However, Silver said not to worry about flavor, so I don't think we need to lynch Jesus.

:heart: Rinn “Arwyn” Nailo drawn by Liah :heart:
    Rakshael: if I know one thing about Ruki, it's that she'll prove you wrong just for the sake of saying she did it
    Characters | The Time Lost | The Rumors We Believe | Ruki's Reviews
  • Jaime Lannister wrote:

So, Demon Fox appears to be some sort of Innocent Child. Demon Fox, including the space, has 9 characters in it. Cats have nine lives. Another name for cat is feline. Feline has six letters in it. English is player #6. English is sometimes synonymous with British. British has seven letters in it. Player #7 is interestingdrug, who happens to be British. His username contains 15 letters. Player number 15 is Jaime Lannister.

Jaime Lannister also has 15 letters (including the space).

• English wrote:

Jaime Lannister wrote:

So, Demon Fox appears to be some sort of Innocent Child. Demon Fox, including the space, has 9 characters in it. Cats have nine lives. Another name for cat is feline. Feline has six letters in it. English is player #6. English is sometimes synonymous with British. British has seven letters in it. Player #7 is interestingdrug, who happens to be British. His username contains 15 letters. Player number 15 is Jaime Lannister.

Jaime Lannister also has 15 letters (including the space).

This is also true.