Forums
Guides
Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
Mafia S3: Manitoba Express - Game Over!
  • In terms of the case against Jaime, Kae (confirmed town) also had reservations about offing Scribe after two of my posts regarding being an IC (but before Mike's confirmation, vide infra). Though I agree Jaime's actions after the reveal were a lot more back-and-forth.

Kae wrote:

Not feeling the scribe lynch. Why not track him instead flutts? Or why not see if a Watcher comes forward with proof of scribe being visitless.

Leo_ wrote:

So since Fluttz has reported her findings without any mention of it, does anyone want to come forward as having been recruited into the masonry? Boxes? Fluttz? If either of you say you were, you can't really become any more of a target for the Mafia, so it should be OK to say.

I haven't been recruited.

Double A wrote:

On that note, why are people supposing that there's a Masonry?

I'm starting to think there may not be one...

(Edited punctuation.)

[signature by RealmWings]

The post was edited 1 time, last by boxes ().

• Usually, if you are recruited into the masonry, you won't be notified until the night phase after your recruitment.
    "Time passes, people move.... Like a rivers flow, it never ends... A childish mind will turn to noble ambition... Young love will become deep affection... The clear water's surface reflects growth..."

Saving a link here: Mafia XI: Ace Attorney -- Night Four: Serial Killers and Serial Gamblers.

"you came up with the idea, so youre the genius here"
    ~Malia

"F*** you, you ain't no Barnes. Yousa scrub, honey."
  • @Double A what would you say if I said that you fit the profile of a mafioso in this game? The odd choices we've seen from scum so far are characteristic of those who are unfamiliar with the rules of the set-up, unable to devote a lot of time to reasoning about decisions, and possibly a bit of a gambler (explaining why "fighting chance to prevent the cop from making even one investigation" was deemed a higher priority than "near-certainty of killing the doctor").

What do you say to that?
  • Leo_ wrote:

@Double A what would you say if I said that you fit the profile of a mafioso in this game? The odd choices we've seen from scum so far are characteristic of those who are unfamiliar with the rules of the set-up, unable to devote a lot of time to reasoning about decisions, and possibly a bit of a gambler (explaining why "fighting chance to prevent the cop from making even one investigation" was deemed a higher priority than "near-certainty of killing the doctor").

What do you say to that?

probably something like "YOU'LL NEVER CATCH ME ALIVE, COPPER!"

No but seriously, in the case I was Mafioso, my busy-ness would have not given me much of a chance to be a gambler, or even to have much influence over what went on in Cosa Nostra. Given the possibility that there were three Mafiosi, you're gonna have to argue that there were three players who fit your description of me (busy, unfamiliar with the setup and risk-taker).

I'm curious as to why "being unfamiliar with the setup" makes me a big scary Mafioso.
  • Mood Music

Michael Avalanche had had a great day. The others on the train had largely kept quiet while arguing arcane concepts. He didn’t have time for philosophy like the rest of them. He was just here to watch the sport. His hand brought up a cool refreshing drink with a small tiki umbrella in it and he sipped from it.

What a day.

Once again, they seemed to coalesce around one candidate for the day and rather quickly. By the time the annointed hour game to pass, they brought forward Jaime Lannister.

“Oho!” Michael Avalanche said, hopping off his leather couch.

“Just the woman I thought was a murderer!”

Michael stood in front of Jaime and for a moment each watched the other. The detective raised two of fingers in front of his face, much like some character from Naruto. A look of deep concentration. Suddenly he began to shout much like an anime character powering up and in a flash his hand darted out between the space between him and Jaime, fingers both poking into Jaime’s eyes. Jaime cried out and fell to the ground helpless.

The world’s greatest detective leaned down, whistling, and began to pat Jaime down. He cackled after a moment, then parted Jaime’s coat. An inside breast pocket revealed a vial filled with a viscous red liquid. Michael popped the cork on it and gave it a sniff.

“Definitely blood.” He said.

Further inspection of the pocket brought out photographs cut from newspapers, the fine print under each listing them as the victims of an unknown murderer. None of them seemed to bear any connection to one another, but each had a small stain of blood on it. Details were written on the back of each photograph of unnamable acts.

“Jaime Lannister? Sounds like the name of a Serial Killer to me.”

Rope was brought and Jaime Lannister was bound and put into the baggage car. They’d rot there until the end of the journey when the proper authorities could deal with them.

“Gandalf put his hand on Pippin's head. "There never was much hope," he answered. "Just a fool's hope, as I have been told.”
    ― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Return of the King

• Mood Music

It was long and harrowing night for Fluttershy. She felt as though she had been living on borrowed time. She was right. And even as she tried to diligently investigate the people on the train that night, she was caught before she could continue. She would have died were it not for sheer luck.

Michael Avalanche had felt a need. A deep need. Inside of him. He needed to poop. And when he opened up the door to one of the washrooms on the train, he was surprised to find Fluttershy hanging from the ceiling, barely holding onto life.

It took him a few moments to realise what was happening. But as soon as he did, he pulled a long knife from his belt and slashed the rope clean through. It would have looked really cool if he had had an audience. Fluttershy collapsed to the ground unconscious. He shouted for help.

Soon Fluttershy was being carted off, her near lifeless body limp on a stretcher.

“If it wasn’t for me,” he said gesturing to the small crowd, “she would have certainly died.”

He produced a number of items that he’d found in her handbag. A magnifying glass. Dust for finger prints. A introductory course in forensics.

“She seems to have wanted to be some sort of Town Cop. Poor girl, there's only room for one detective on this train."

“Gandalf put his hand on Pippin's head. "There never was much hope," he answered. "Just a fool's hope, as I have been told.”
    ― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Return of the King

• So I think there's some potential knowledge to be gained from the information that Jaime was a serial killer, particularly in regards to the mystery of why Jaime and the Mafia seem to have only had one kill between them in the first two nights (out of 4 potential kills). I'll elaborate later in the day when I have more time to sit down and type something out.