Forums
Guides
Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
    General Star Wars Thread - No Spoilers!
    • Wit the current Star Wars Thread being basically all spoilers, we thought it was a good idea to have a spoiler free thread for the series in general, as well as the spoiler thread.
      So, if you want to discuss anything non-spoiler related to the Force Awakens, please feel free to do it here!

For spoiler discussion, please look here: Star Wars General Thread - Please use the spoiler tags!
    • Darth_Phoenix wrote:

Mercedes wrote:

So people who have seen the new one; is watching every other Star Wars movie pretty much required to enjoy this one? :3

The Original Trilogy definitely. Prequels not as much.
      And at the same time this movie would be a great place to start for newcomers. Sure, you won't recognize the old cast, you'll miss out on many references, but it's still a great movie.
      I'm going to watch it again next week and I plan on asking my girlfriend, who has never seen a SW before.
      100% | Finished | Now playing:
      TLoZ | 2nd Q | TAoL | ALttP | LA | LA DX | OoT | OoT MQ | MM | OoA | OoS | ALttP (GBA) | FS | TWW | FSA | TMC | TP | LCT | PH | ST | OoT 3D | FS AE | SS | ALBW | MM 3D | TFH | TP HD | BotW
    • So anybody liking the sound of Rogue One (other than weird naming "Rogue One: a Star Wars Story")
      To me it should be interesting, to take a step out of the Skywalker story for a.change of picture and into the bigger galaxy story. People always make the joke about how for a galaxy so big no thing happens unless the one family is involved and this is a good chance to show other stories. The Legends EU was great for that.
    • Rogue One - Wookieepedia - Wikia
      Roguge One: A Star Wars Story is an upcoming live-action Star Wars film, the first in the Star Wars Anthology Series. The film is set for release on December 16, 2016, and will be directed by Gareth Edwards. Gary Whitta worked on the script throughout 2014, and Chris Weitz took over final scripting duties in 2015. Felicity Jones is the first confirmed star of the film.
      The film, which began production in August 2015, is set between the films Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith and Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope. The plot revolves around a band of resistance fighters uniting to steal the plans to the Death Star, the Galactic Empire's planet-destroying battle station. The theft of the Death Star plans was first referenced in the opening crawl in A New Hope.
    • For those who have seen The Force Awakens already, i have but one question. Is it worth watching?

I havn't seen anything to do with it so far as to not spoil anything, but the reason i havn't actually seen the movie itself yet is because for some reason i have bad expectations. i just want another fan to tell me whether or not its worth it, i dont want to be let down by another star wars movie lol

We keep it MORBID
      sig by me.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Morbid ().

• ^If you are a Star Wars fan, it is absolutely worth seeing.

I am very excited for Rogue One, mostly because I love the idea of them telling that particular story. When I was still in school, working on my final paper, my professor gave us a great piece of advice on how to pick an interesting topic - look at a major event/figure, and then look at what was happening next to them. The story being told in Rogue One is exactly that sort of thing - the telling of the story that made the BIG story of the Original Trilogy possible. I love that.

Doesn't hurt that the cast looks amazing and I'm a sucker for heist/caper movies.
    • I've been reading the Journey to the Force Awakens novels and so far they've done a great job setting up the New movie verse. The latest I'm on is Lost Stars. At first if you read the summary it comes off as Romeo and Juliet in space and it technically is. Thane and Ciena are two childhood friends from some back part of the galaxy who aspire to be top imperial pilots one day. But between the fact that they cone from different class levels as well as different ideologies about the universe they soon find themselves on different sides of the civil war and are forced to decide what matters more, their love or their honor and if there's a difference between the two. It sounds cliche and you soon figure out who ends up on what side but the story quick makes you feel for all the characters, even the random.cadets the main characters are friends with. There's a pivotal moment famous from the movies Waltham really make you think about who really is the bad guy in the war, and the novel does a great job to paint both the empire and rebellion in shades of grey using the big SW story as a backdrop to these characters story. Haven't finished the book yet but definitely recommend it to you guys.
    • I've caught the Star Wars fever big time since seeing "The Force Awakens." In fact, I've never been more excited for an upcoming than I am for Star Wars VIII!

I've tried to catch up and immerse myself in the SW Universe as quickly as possible. I've even considered reading some of the books, which is saying a lot because I hate reading fiction.

Since watching The Force Awakens, I've gone back and watched Revenge of the Sith and a New Hope. I had seen Revenge of the Sith previously, but this was the first time I watched A New Hope from start to finish. I was really surprised by how good it was (and how much it inspired TFA).

Star Wars is ridiculously formulaic, but I don't even mind. I've tried to pin-down what it is about the series that captures people's imagination. To my genuine surprise, even my GF (who normally hates sci-fi) seems to like Star Wars and even watches the movies with me. Next week we're going to watch the Empire Strikes Back, which I know is widely believed to be the best of the series.

I even have a strange urge to pick up a copy of "Knights of the Old Republic 1 & 2" for Xbox. I remember being bored to tears watching my friend play it ten years ago, and to be honest, I would probably still hate the actual game-play, but I sort of just want to create a character and immerse myself in the world and explore both sides of the force. It's kind of neat how, for example, how their are abilities affiliated with the light (the Jedi mind trick) or dark (force lightning or force choke). With the resurrection of Star Wars, it would be neat to see Bioware bring back KotoR.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Bill ().

• Welcome to the fandom! Were both more and less insane than some out there but it's usually a lotto fun.
      It's VIII not XIII. ;) Though with the Disney machine behind it well probably go a very long time before there's a SW drought.
      Definitely pick up some of the Legends stories. Sure it's not canon anynore but there's some really good stuff. The Thrawn Trilogy is usually a good starting point, it basically restarted the EU in the nineties. Aftermath does it for the DEU and is a good comparison I'd say.
    • So did anybody catch the season Finale of Rebels?
      Display Spoiler

-What exactly did Yoda hope to accomplish by sending them to Malchor? Hope Ezra would realize the error in his fighting mindset?
      - HOLY crap those were cool fights. Never thought we'd see Maul helping Jedi fight Inquisitors.
      - The Inquisitors went down way too easy. Doesn't help the two introduced this season didn't come close to being as intimidating as the Grand Inquisitor last season.
      - And what's with with everybody falling off cliffs?
      - Maul as an anti-Yoda was effective. Ezra is definitely balancing on a thin line.
      - I get you wanted him outta the way once Vader shows up but blind Kanan just casually tossing Maul off the cliff makes even Boba Fett go "Seriously bro?"
      - I did enjoy Maul's "I CORRUPTED THE KID AND NOW IM GONNA MAKE YOU ALL MY BITCH!" speech.
      - Kanan taking a lightsaber to the face made me cringe as much as Kylo slicing Finn in the back.
      - Vader vs Ahsoka hit all the right emotional points. Its been building since the beginning of the Clone Wars. Ahsoka clearly didn't have a chance, I've noticed Vader goes one handed if he isn't trying. But for heart o actually land a damaging hit (which you rarely if ever see) was awesome. You felt the shock when he said "Ahsoka", especially since the got the Anakin CW voice actor to say it along with JEJ. There's something menacing about seeing the one eye staring out of The mask.
      - It's debatable but that's clearly supposed to be Ahsoka at the end of the episode. What she's doing is the mystery.
    • Controversial opinion warning:

After watching it start to finish for the first time last night, I actually think I prefer Return of the Jedi to Empire Strikes Back. Part of the reason probably has to do with the fact that I do not find the Ewoks annoying, although I completely understand why someone would. I like that we get to see more of the Emperor in RotJ and how Luke has grown into a confident Jedi.

Regardless, all three of the original trilogy are brilliant. Having watched all but the first two (in the time line) over the last couple of months, I've grown to love the familiarity and common themes that run throughout.