Guides
Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
  • Multi
What game(s) are you currently playing?
  • Max N. wrote:

Never played it. Just commenting on how consistently and harshly you criticize most games you seem to play.
    I'll admit that I have high standards, but in Sticker Star's case it's a matter of fundamentally misguided design decisions.
    "But I don't want comfort. I want God, I want poetry, I want real danger, I want freedom, I want goodness. I want sin."
    "In fact," said Mustapha Mond, "you're claiming the right to be unhappy."
    "All right then," said the Savage defiantly, "I'm claiming the right to be unhappy."
    "Not to mention the right to grow old and ugly and impotent; the right to have syphilis and cancer; the right to have too little to eat; the right to be lousy; the right to live in constant apprehension of what may happen to-morrow; the right to catch typhoid; the right to be tortured by unspeakable pains of every kind." There was a long silence.
    "I claim them all," said the Savage at last.
    Mustapha Mond shrugged his shoulders. "You're welcome," he said.

—Aldous Huxley, Brave New World
  • Mozly Alice wrote:

Qoi wrote:

Mozly Alice wrote:

Qoi wrote:

Well I WAS playing hyrule warriors until I somehow lost my switch controller and I do not know how... like why... I've searched everywhere and might have to go get a new one.

At least I still have it on my 3DS but on my Switch I have to start all the way over...which is fine.
    The Switch Pro Controller has a search function.Go to the menu, click the joycon icon, and then choose "find controllers", when you press on the controller you're looking for it will vibrate.
    I have the controller that came with it. Idk if that is the switch pro idk I need to find it
    It works with any controller

MVS wrote:

In situations like this there should be some kind of loud signal that you actually can hear the controller from fairly afar. Vibration alone doesn't sound that promising to hear, unless you are in the very same room and it is silent.
    Speakers would be great, I actually like that aspect of the Wii Mote.
    I found it where I’ve looked all over the area. I don’t get it... plus I tried the vibration and I have to have a controller to start the vibrating. Which makes no sense.
  • Well I'm finally picking up Nier: Automata. I'm not very far in yet, I've just done the desert area and I just beat the boss in the Amusement Park. Gotta say, every bit of the soundtrack is absolutely phenomenal. I'll usually say a game has a pretty good OST if a few tracks really stand out to me and get me to listen to the OST straight up, but I've really digged everything I've heard so far just while playing.
    Are there any helpful tips I should know while starting out? I think I'm still pretty bad at the combat.

I'm also picking Thracia 776 back up. There's a patch out right now that's translated up to chapter 16 and doesn't have garbled UI text so I'm going to give that a go. If I actually get to the point where it's untranslated, I can at least read the rest of the script on Serenes. But we'll see if I get that far this time. On my first attempt I got to 12x and just gave up.
  • Creiddylad wrote:

Well I'm finally picking up Nier: Automata. I'm not very far in yet, I've just done the desert area and I just beat the boss in the Amusement Park. Gotta say, every bit of the soundtrack is absolutely phenomenal. I'll usually say a game has a pretty good OST if a few tracks really stand out to me and get me to listen to the OST straight up, but I've really digged everything I've heard so far just while playing.
    Are there any helpful tips I should know while starting out? I think I'm still pretty bad at the combat.
    I never felt great at combat in N:A, enemies telegraph their attacks too early, so dodging them requires watching for more than just their eyes, and in crowded melees it's almost impossible. All I can suggest is making sure you upgrade your weapons and keep your chips up-to-date (also, buy the memory expansions from the chip vendor in the resistance camp, they'll make your life much easier). Don't be afraid to level grind, it's not essential, but can help if you're stuck. Doing sidequests can also help boost your chip loadouts and XP, but some quests are available before you're really ready for them, so if one's too hard it can be OK to leave it and come back later*.

Be sure you see all the main endings (A-E). It's really, really worth doing so.

And yeah, the OST is great, one of the first video game soundtracks I bought, it gets some real standouts as it goes on.

*There are also, however, points of no return after which you can no longer do the side-quests. Fortunately, you eventually unlock chapter select, which lets you do side-quests you missed.

May those who accept their fate be granted happiness;

Those who defy it, glory!
  • NieR: Automata looks interesting, but I find the character designs really unappealing.

Anyway, I'm still playing Paper Mario: Sticker Star. I'm on Chapter 3, widely considered the best chapter—admittedly, that's not saying much, but it at least resembles past Paper Mario games, although it benefits somewhat by comparison with the previous chapters.

This game is... something. Some of the design decisions are almost indefensible. Even aside from the guessing-based boss battles, the pointless normal battles, the lack of story, and so on, they didn't even get the details right. Why is there no way to store stickers you don't want to carry? Why do all the action commands only use the A button? Why did they bother including save blocks?
    "But I don't want comfort. I want God, I want poetry, I want real danger, I want freedom, I want goodness. I want sin."
    "In fact," said Mustapha Mond, "you're claiming the right to be unhappy."
    "All right then," said the Savage defiantly, "I'm claiming the right to be unhappy."
    "Not to mention the right to grow old and ugly and impotent; the right to have syphilis and cancer; the right to have too little to eat; the right to be lousy; the right to live in constant apprehension of what may happen to-morrow; the right to catch typhoid; the right to be tortured by unspeakable pains of every kind." There was a long silence.
    "I claim them all," said the Savage at last.
    Mustapha Mond shrugged his shoulders. "You're welcome," he said.

—Aldous Huxley, Brave New World
  • Started to play Gears of War 4 and ugh it's okay except the AI is really bad, the guns don't do enough damage.

(We're guns always this weak in Gears?) It's also weird hearing Laura Bailey play the role of a young adult/late teen. Don't get me wrong I love her and her voice. But her voice really mature...

The post was edited 1 time, last by Mozly Alice ().

• Mozly Alice wrote:

Started to play Gears of War 4 and ugh it's okay except the AI is really bad, the guns don't do enough damage.

(We're guns always this weak in Gears?) It's also weird hearing Laura Bailey play the role of a young adult/late teen. Don't get me wrong I love her and her voice. But her voice really mature...
    Ya, that was my thought with Gears 4 as well.

I don't believe the guns were always "weak" in the previous titles.

I really just wasn't a fan of spending most of the game fighting robots. That's not Gears to me.

The biggest problem I had is that it wasn't even remotely as emotionally griping as the original trilogy (especially the third one).

Sig & Avvy by Lady Sunshine, the most wonderful girl in the world