Forums
Guides
Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
    • Multi
    What game(s) are you currently playing?
    • Still playing Oblivion, about 110 hours in and haven’t even done half the quests in the game. This game’s insane, are Morrowind and Skyrim also so big?

Could’ve finished the main quest after like 30 hours, but got intrigued by:
      -allies for Bruma
      -random quests
      -the Arena
      and most of all: the 4 main guilds. Figured I’d complete the guilds before beating the main quest...turns out each guild has quests as long as the main quest, holy crap!
      And I haven’t even started on the Knights of the Nine or Shivering Isles expansions.
    • Skyrim is larger, Morrowind is a bit smaller.

Honestly, Oblivion is the weakest of the three modern TES games. Morrowind has a great, unique, setting and a strong main storyline (though the gameplay...ain't great). Skyrim almost manages an interesting main story and has at least some neat ideas (though many of the side quests are a mess). Oblivion...is a hyper-generic fantasy setting with a really weak main story but some good side quests.

May those who accept their fate be granted happiness;

Those who defy it, glory!

The post was edited 1 time, last by John ().

• John wrote:

Skyrim is larger, Morrowind is a bit smaller.

Honestly, Oblivion is the weakest of the three modern TES games. Morrowind has a great, unique, setting and a strong main storyline (though the gameplay...ain't great). Skyrim almost manages an interesting main story and has at least some neat ideas (though many of the side quests are a mess). Oblivion...is a hyper-generic fantasy setting with a really weak main story but some good side quests.
      Okay, but dat Shivering Isles expansion tho. I think Oblivion is at least as good as Skyrim. Not as interesting world-wise, but vastly more interesting faction quests and writing in general. And the main story may be generic but at least it's properly exciting. Skyrim somehow managed to make dragons a tedious annoyance.

Still chugging along through Prey, but I gotta be honest, it's kinda getting old. Not sure if I'll be able to finish it before school starts up again. Also a bit late to the party, but I finally got Smash Ultimate and it's pretty freaking great. It's my first Smash since melee so I'm a bit rusty though, haha.
      A dark chase requires a silent hound, and deep roots are not reached by the frost.

The post was edited 1 time, last by GregariousTree ().

• john_marston wrote:

@MVS you generally want your TV sharpness at or below 10% for everything. It might seem like it’s adding resolution, but it’s actually reducing it. The ‘sharpness’ is just TV software the TV slaps on your clean image.

Sharpness set to 0 is the cleanest and original image
      So, sharpness is an odd duck. You definitely don't want it too high, but at low levels it can hide the fuzzyness of lower-resolution content and make it look much cleaner, even if technically it's actually losing some information.

Basically, it's a way to guess what the data should be at higher resolutions and to try and show that instead of what's actually there, and for certain types of content it works well.

I'd generally suggest turning it off on your TV, though.

GregariousTree wrote:

John wrote:

Skyrim is larger, Morrowind is a bit smaller.

Okay, but dat Shivering Isles expansion tho. I think Oblivion is at least as good as Skyrim. Not as interesting world-wise, but vastly more interesting faction quests and writing in general. And the main story may be generic but at least it's properly exciting. Skyrim somehow managed to make dragons a tedious annoyance.

Still chugging along through Prey, but I gotta be honest, it's kinda getting old. Not sure if I'll be able to finish it before school starts up again. Also a bit late to the party, but I finally got Smash Ultimate and it's pretty freaking great. It's my first Smash since melee so I'm a bit rusty though, haha.
      Oh, Shivering Isles is very good, all the creativity the main plot of Oblivion was missing was put there instead.

As for Oblivion...Honestly, I found its main story to be incredibly dull. I didn't care about any of it, and the climactic fights were ruined by the boneheaded ally and enemy AI. Skyrim's AI wasn't amazing, but at least it wasn't actively trying to be as bad as possible. :P

May those who accept their fate be granted happiness;

Those who defy it, glory!
    • Ty. wrote:

Just crank up the hitting and make your pro 7’10. Haha
      I think it's the sound effects. I want to feel like I just murdered someone with a high speed body check, but the hit is just a bit too quiet.

Great game though. I tried a few rounds of Threes this morning to get a taste. It'll be a bit before I master the skill mechanics.
      "Constantly talking about what you've done is a long winded way of saying you don't do s*** anymore." - Ross Enamait

#GainsWave2018-'19
    • Continuing on with the Resident Evil games, I played a big chunk of Revelations 2 today. I am currently in the middle of Episode 3.

The setting is great for a spin off title, and the narrative with the two storylines happening in present and 6 months later (or 6 months ago and present if you prefer) is excellent. Honestly I am impressed by how the plot is unfolding in this game, even if it's not the most original or anything.

That said, it is a big step down from RE6 when it comes to pretty much everything else. Controls feel much more clunky. Additionally, I have no idea why they remapped Dodge to B instead or keeping it as it was in RE6, and likewise inventory is Select instead of Y. These inconsistencies in controls are not the end of the world but they threw me off very hard initially and made the game hard to play for the first couple hours. Many a herb were wasted.

Speaking of Inventory, I really hate this game's inventory management, as well as its crafting and talent systems. They are so superfluous and pointless.

And holy fuck these zombies in this game are my least favorite ever. They look like something out of Silent Hill, I don't get why they can't just be normal zombies, it's the T-Virus! This game kinda wants to have its cake and eat it too.

The system where you have to point to items with your sidekick to reveal them is extremely tedious, I just put the game in Casual for more ammo and stopped caring after the first episode, it's just too much to have to switch to a useless character in every room and scan every inch, or else you might end up lacking ammo. On the other hand, I do like the invisible monster tracking on Natalia, that's COOL and doesn't happen often enough to be annoying.

You can easily tell this is a low budget afair. The level design is very PS2 esque, kind of linear but still quite confusing to navigate at times. It's similar to the first Revelations game of course, but that one had the excuse of being on DS, and for that platform it was impressive. This one, not so much.

That said, I am enjoying the game to an extent, though it's definitely my least favorite RE along with the first Revelations, not counting stupid titles like Survivor of course. The story is engaging enough and I want to see what happens. The episodic format can "ride a dildo" as Moira put, but I have to say Barry is such a badass in this game. Once I'm done with this I will move on to 7.
      "Can't post that on a Christian forum."

The post was edited 2 times, last by Please Understand ().

• Ty. wrote:

I liked Revelations 2 a lot. It was a good one where me and the girlfriend could play together. And not against each other. Haha. The asymmetrical co op was a lot of fun in that one. Not the best story and I agree it’s really PS2 in a lot of ways. But I liked it for what it was.
      To be fair most games are fun when played with someone else.
      "Can't post that on a Christian forum."