Forums
Guides
Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
    • Multi
    What game(s) are you currently playing?
    • You can tackle objectives by either being stealthy or just by going guns blazing. Just make sure you get the right augs for the way you'd want to play. And yes you definitely can kill guards, whether by stealh or just walking up to them and shooting them in the face.

Tru Universe|Cat Midna Avatar and Signature by The Twilight Princess. Check out her art thread here!

The post was edited 1 time, last by TruEdge67 ().

• I have to say, Deus Ex: Human Revolution presents a really technologically optimistic vision of 2027. Fully functional prostheses? Extensive genetic engineering? And 2027 was only 16 years away when the game came out! Less than that, even!

Jensen's voice seems familiar, and I think I've figured it out: he sounds like Terry McGinnis's Batman voice in Batman Beyond. Incidentally, Batman Beyond's 2039 seems a lot more plausible than Human Revolution's 2027, and Batman Beyond is 12 years older. Feel free to imagine I made a Six Million Dollar Man joke here, too.

As for the game itself, it's too early for me to really judge, but I think it'll be good.
      O Gods dethroned and deceased, cast forth, wiped out in a day
      From your wrath is the world released, redeemed from your chains, men say.
      New Gods are crowned in the city; their flowers have broken your rods;
      They are merciful, clothed with pity, the young compassionate Gods.
      But for me their new device is barren, the days are bare;
      Things long past over suffice, and men forgotten that were.

Algernon Charles Swinburne, "Hymn to Proserpine"

The post was edited 1 time, last by Vulpes ().

• I mean, maybe?

The N64 has a fair amount of nostalgia impact, but it didn't originally sell as well as the SNES or NES (33 million vs. 50 million/62 million) and the graphics have not aged anywhere near as well. The '64 was astonishingly advanced, graphics-wise, for the time, but the tiny RAM pool means that all the textures more complex than flat colouring are muddy, and the system's framerate was...not good (and fixing game frame rates can introduce more bugs, which is one reason, I suspect, that relatively few N64 VC releases exist).

You'd also need better hardware than was in the SNES classic, methinks, and N64 games are tricksy to emulate due to the unusual architecture it used (especially if it used the expansion pack).

So it's definitely possible, but it'll take more work than the NES or SNES classic.

May those who accept their fate be granted happiness;

Those who defy it, glory!

The post was edited 1 time, last by John ().

• I feel like they definitely should, and most likely will. However it prob won't be for another year or two because they just did the NES classic, what, 2 years ago, and then the SNES classic last year? So Nintendo may wanna span it out more so they don't run out of classics to make, and quite possibly to build up the hype and desire for it. Then they wait a few more years and make a Gamecube Classic Edition and I'm happy! :lol:
      "If there's one thing I've learned from video games, its that when you run into opposition, you're usually going the right way."

Watch my Legend of Zelda (NES) Let's Play!

:mastahsword:
    • Quik E Nogg wrote:

I feel like they definitely should, and most likely will. However it prob won't be for another year or two because they just did the NES classic, what, 2 years ago, and then the SNES classic last year? So Nintendo may wanna span it out more so they don't run out of classics to make, and quite possibly to build up the hype and desire for it. Then they wait a few more years and make a Gamecube Classic Edition and I'm happy! :lol:
      At the very least, Mario 64, Mario Kart, the Zelda titles, and such will be on there.
    • I'm trying to be stealthy in Deus Ex: Human Revolution, but it's taking some adjustment—I've never played a true stealth game besides renting the original Splinter Cell for a week in 2002. I think I'm getting used to it, though, and I'm learning exactly how the enemies behave and react.

The technology continues to be ludicrous given the timeframe. Neural interfaces? Slowing falls with electromagnets? Come now. Some of the technology even has more plausible alternatives: why not reduce fall damage with some kind of shock absorber system in your legs? Even some kind of Jiminy Cricket-style parachute would have been better.

To preempt accusations of harping on insignificant details that don't impact the gameplay, I'll state that examining the worlds created by works of fiction is one of the main ways I get enjoyment out of them.

• HylianRaptor wrote:

At the very least, Mario 64, Mario Kart, the Zelda titles, and such will be on there.
      I would say Mario 64, Mario Kart, Smash Bros, at least one of the Mario Parties, both Zelda titles, the F-Zero game for the N64, Banjo-Kazooie and Golden Eye if they can get all the proper issues and rights out of the way, and maybe one of the WWF games because those were pretty popular.
      "If there's one thing I've learned from video games, its that when you run into opposition, you're usually going the right way."

• Vulpes wrote:

I'm trying to be stealthy in Deus Ex: Human Revolution, but it's taking some adjustment—I've never played a true stealth game besides renting the original Splinter Cell for a week in 2002. I think I'm getting used to it, though, and I'm learning exactly how the enemies behave and react.

The technology continues to be ludicrous given the timeframe. Neural interfaces? Slowing falls with electromagnets? Come now. Some of the technology even has more plausible alternatives: why not reduce fall damage with some kind of shock absorber system in your legs? Even some kind of Jiminy Cricket-style parachute would have been better.

To preempt accusations of harping on insignificant details that don't impact the gameplay, I'll state that examining the worlds created by works of fiction is one of the main ways I get enjoyment out of them.
      The Icarus system is all kinds of ridiculous, yeah. Simply because the amount of energy you'd have to pump into such a thing to make it work would be ludicrous. I don't know exactly how much off-hand, but sufficed to say you're not storing that kind of energy in any sort of human-portable battery.

May those who accept their fate be granted happiness;

Those who defy it, glory!
    • John wrote:

Vulpes wrote:

I'm trying to be stealthy in Deus Ex: Human Revolution, but it's taking some adjustment—I've never played a true stealth game besides renting the original Splinter Cell for a week in 2002. I think I'm getting used to it, though, and I'm learning exactly how the enemies behave and react.

The Icarus system is all kinds of ridiculous, yeah. Simply because the amount of energy you'd have to pump into such a thing to make it work would be ludicrous. I don't know exactly how much off-hand, but sufficed to say you're not storing that kind of energy in any sort of human-portable battery.
      Even the plausible technology seems way too advanced for the time. Fully-functional prosthetics, for example, are certainly feasible, but in 2027? I don't buy it. Go ahead and try to prove me wrong, world!

The only reason I can think of to set this game when they did is that maybe the first Deus Ex game, set in 2052, depicts an even more advanced future, and this is as far back they felt they could reasonable pull the technology.

• Quik E Nogg wrote:

HylianRaptor wrote:

I would say Mario 64, Mario Kart, Smash Bros, at least one of the Mario Parties, both Zelda titles, the F-Zero game for the N64, Banjo-Kazooie and Golden Eye if they can get all the proper issues and rights out of the way, and maybe one of the WWF games because those were pretty popular.
      Donkey Kong 64 will have to be on there as well. They seem hell-bent on putting Castlevania games on these as well, even bad ones (looking at you Simon's Quest) so probably Castlevania 64 unfortunately.

EDIT: I forgot Paper Mario as well. A true classic.

The post was edited 1 time, last by SxcWaluigi ().

• Deadly Standing. A Genius Kojumbo game. It was so good I played for a whole 3 minutes. No I'm not kidding. I actually downloaded it and played it. 11/10 Genius Kojumbo has made another masterpiece and you should all play it. (Or just read the reviews on the play store because they're hilarious)

Tru Universe|Cat Midna Avatar and Signature by The Twilight Princess. Check out her art thread here!
    • SxcWaluigi wrote:

Quik E Nogg wrote:

HylianRaptor wrote:

Donkey Kong 64 will have to be on there as well. They seem hell-bent on putting Castlevania games on these as well, even bad ones (looking at you Simon's Quest) so probably Castlevania 64 unfortunately.
      EDIT: I forgot Paper Mario as well. A true classic.
      Ah yes, how could I forget Donkey Kong or Paper Mario, I also believe there would be a possibility for Mario Tennis.