Guides
Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
  • Multi
What game(s) are you currently playing?
  • The Witcher 3
    Life is Strange (on Episode 2, I'm loving it)
    The Evil Within
    Rainbow Six Siege
    PC racing sims and Battlefield 4 are always games I randomly play when I'm in the mood too.

I'll probably be done with The Evil Within and Life is Strange in the next 1-2 weeks. Once I do that I'll probably cycle SOMA into the mix. I think I like having this many games going at once. Keeps me from getting burned out with specific games.
  • mgs3: snake eater
    and mgsv

At the moment, I'm playing mgsv on steam since it went on sale aaa ;v; I was worried it was going to be too difficult for me; open world and all LOL but I was pleasantly surprised. The controls are comfortable and easy to adapt to (I can supply drop in like 2 seconds I do it so often haha)
    Also I'm practicing bomb hovering in Ocarina of Time so there's that as well ;D

The post was edited 1 time, last by SassySheikah ().

• It's been about another six months, so I've downloaded the latest patches and fired up another playthrough of the first two (and a half) Thief titles. Well, so was my plan, but a few flubs on Thief Gold's worst level and I feel like skipping ahead a little.

I've now gone straight into tackling Thief 2's largest fan-made expansion, Thief 2X: Shadows of the Metal Age. I'd still have to go through Thief 2 itself again to compare, but this being the fourth or fifth time, I'm willing to say 2X is actually my favourite in the series. It strikes such a good balance for size and exploration that all of the official titles tended to drag out at a few points.

Ty. wrote:

I actually just picked up Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel.
    It seems ok so far, but my understanding is it gets less cliché as you go, so looking forward to that!
    I'm only on chapter 2 but I feel it parallels Sky FC in that regard. Things pick up pretty heavy at the end to set the stage for the sequel.

I'm really not a fan of Steel's new magic system though. Restricting availability of an Art to the Quartz itself feels like it could limit a caster's ability even with 9/8 slots over Sky's 7. One of my favourite things in the old system was the great payoff of finding a Quartz combination that gave a good plethora of stat buffs and spells, especially if they were an all-around type that could easily switch between a decent fighter or backup caster.

The post was edited 2 times, last by irg ().

• Dark Link Reigns wrote:

How is FF Type-0? I've been debating getting it and I don't know anyone who has actually played it.

I've played it! Was my first Final Fantasy Game actually. I really enjoyed it. There's quite a lot of cut scenes though (but I liked that). Combat was quite fun and fluid to me - live action and all that. A variety of PCs to choose from and a number of little things to keep you occupied.
  • Right now I'm currently deep into Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate on 3DS and Xenoblade Chronicles X for Wii U.

I feel like, if I'm not careful, these two games will make sure that I have absolutely no life beyond them for the next few months.

I'm published! Check out -
    THE LEGEND OF LIGHT
    Book One, The Echoes of Light, available in Paperback and on Kindle - Book 2 out late 2018
    Read the first five chapters for free
  • blackbird wrote:

Dark Link Reigns wrote:

How is FF Type-0? I've been debating getting it and I don't know anyone who has actually played it.

I've played it! Was my first Final Fantasy Game actually. I really enjoyed it. There's quite a lot of cut scenes though (but I liked that). Combat was quite fun and fluid to me - live action and all that. A variety of PCs to choose from and a number of little things to keep you occupied.

So is the combat on par with say Derge of Cerberus or maybe more along the lines of Crisis Core?

Sig & Avvy by Lady Sunshine, the most wonderful girl in the world
  • I don't know about Dirge of Cerberus' combat, but it has nothing like the slot system or similar in FF Type-0. It's purely action. You dodge, attack, move incredibly fluidly (and some characters more fluid than others) during combat. It focuses on timing your attacks and combos and dodging incoming attacks.

As for me, I've been playing Trails of Cold Steel. I'm on my second playthrough. Even with a guide I'm clocking in close to 50 hours and I'm not done yet. I love it very much. It starts off a bit slow but once the snowball starts rolling it doesn't really stop until the end where it basically slaps you in the face.

As said in the thread before, restricting Arts to Quartz takes out a bit of the fun from the customization, but after a while, you find ways to customize and break the system anyway, since the Quartz you can find are all just really powerful. Just like having that perfect combination in Trails in the Sky. I love the idea of Master Quartz (I know it's in Zero no Kiseki and Ao no Kiseki as well). But that can get a bit broken as well. So the flaw of having Arts restricted to Quartz wears off later on, IMO.

Right now Emma can clock out more than 10000 damage (per enemy!) with a single hard hitting, EP-draining spell ( like Claimh Solarion or Altair Cannon, hitting the enemies' weaknesses of course) and then regain all of the EP she's spent in the same move with the Aries Master Quartz, which turns 2% of her Arts damage into EP. 2% of 10000 is still 200.

Rean can clean house with his Force MQ (regain CP per enemy killed) or Megalith MQ (regenerate CP on the field, really, really fast) and the Domination quartz (double the damage of your first attack or craft). Making normal battles just disappear in the blink of an eye.

It's still very fun customizing and finding the "perfect" combinations, like having a character being able to dodge every physical attack, and counter with a critical.

The post was edited 3 times, last by insaney ().