Finishing the last three characters of Octopath Traveler
    Yakuza Kiwami 1
    Finishing the post-post-post endgame of DQXI
    Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Torna Expansion
    Valkyria Chronicles 2, 3, and 4
    Finishing BotW Champions Ballad
    Ni No Kuni 2
    Atelier Lydie and Suelle (I know)
    Finishing Y's 8 (I say finish...I'm about an hour in)
    Dammit I just realized I still need to finish SMT4 Apocalypse
    Finish Etrian Odyssey untold 2
    Finishing Trails of Cold Steel 2

Not to mention:
    Detroit: Become Human
    Darksiders 2 & now 3
    Both Pillars of Eternity
    Undertale

Good Lord listing this out was a bad idea. There's more, I'm sure of it. Ugh.
    You can skip Ni No Kuni 2, and probably Detroit. :P

Of that list, I quite enjoyed Berseria, Ys VIII, SMT4:A, Etrian Odyssey Untold 2, and Trails of Cold Steel 2. I enjoyed Pillars of Eternity 2, but 1 was quite a bit rougher, to the point where the world building got in the way of good writing at times.
    Often to my own chagrin, I unfortunately usually insist on discovering the duds for myself...that’s why my backlog keeps growing. I sometimes find myself loving games that are almost universally panned. Alpha Protocol comes to mind...which is why part of me is hoping the new rpg from obsidian is AP2. I know it isn’t, but still.
    My philosophy on the timeline now is the same as Winston Churchill’s:

“It is a mistake to look too far ahead. The chain of destiny can only be grasped one Link at a time.”
  • The add ons for Skyrim are just the DLC, Dragonborn, Dawnguard, and Hearthfire. Each one just adds more content to the base game. I'm not sure if you're able to disable the DLC from the add-ons menu, or if it's just there so you know that you have them. Dragonborn is the biggest, adding a whole new map and some new abilities, Dawnguard is my personal favorite, it adds some really fun upgrades to being a vampire or werewolf, an awesome questline, and some neat gear; Hearthfire mostly just adds the ability to build your own house (though don't get too excited, it's pretty limited) and adopt kids.
    A dark chase requires a silent hound, and deep roots are not reached by the frost.
  • ^lol I hate those things. Kill-command them all!

I'm back to playing Ōkami HD on Switch. I swear, this game never friggin' ends. It seems like it's coming to its climax, only to be like, "Haha, you got duped! Have another story arc!" To be fair, I kinda don't want it to end because it's got such a vibrant world with beautiful lore, and the sequel is still stuck on the original DS family.

I also got Little Nightmares: Complete Edition on Switch a couple weeks ago. It's basically LIMBO, with less gore and a slightly steeper difficulty curve. And loading times that seem to last longer than the entire runtime of Titanic. I really hope they release a patch to improve loading efficiency, as I have to wait like 30 seconds every time I die, which only aggravates my existing frustration. Other than that, it seems like a pretty solid horror puzzle-platformer. Doesn't have quite the sense of grotesque wonder as LIMBO, but it does introduce some truly chilling imagery.
  • EzloSpirit wrote:

I'm back to playing Ōkami HD on Switch. I swear, this game never friggin' ends. It seems like it's coming to its climax, only to be like, "Haha, you got duped! Have another story arc!" To be fair, I kinda don't want it to end because it's got such a vibrant world with beautiful lore, and the sequel is still stuck on the original DS family.

You're making good decisions in your life. And yeah now that I think back it does feel that way, but trust me, you'll know when the end is there. You'll see.
  • I've heard good things about Okami. I want to try it eventually. Is it really sorta similar some Zeldas as I've heard? I would get it now, but I'm getting into that bad habit of buying tons of games while not having the time to play them all. I just got the Sega Genesis Classics collection. But before that I got Fast RMX, and that is what brings me to this thread.

I'd heard that it was kind of like F-Zero (and it is), but no one mentioned that it was also like Ikaruga. That's pretty neat. As you would expect, the tracks have a futuristic feel, but there's some attention to detail in some of them I found refreshing. The design brings to mind a lot of science fiction graphics of megastructures that I've seen. If they develop like a racing obsession in the year 4000, Fast RMX could happen.

Scorpio Circuit really reminds me of the 'Joyride' from Jet Moto. When I started it up, the level's imagery immediately brought that PS1 track to mind. But then when it started jumping highway section to highway section just like in Joyride, I realized that it must be some sort of homage. ... It's just you and me liking that one, Shin'en. Everyone else preferred Wave Race 64. :(
  • Max N. wrote:

Okami was the best Zelda game featuring a wolf released in 2006 (suck it, Twilight Princess!).
    Hey.

Hey.
    When the gods drave me forth to toil and assailed me with thirst and beat me down with hunger, then I prayed to the gods. When the gods smote the cities wherein I dwelt, and when Their anger scorched me and Their eyes burned, then did I praise the gods and offer sacrifice. But when I came again to my green land and found that all was gone, and the old mysterious haunts wherein I prayed as a child were gone, and when the gods tore up the dust and even the spider's web from the last remembered nook, then did I curse the gods, speaking it to Their faces, saying:—

"Gods of my prayers! Gods of my sacrifice! because Ye have forgotten the sacred places of my childhood, and they have therefore ceased to be, yet may I not forget. Because Ye have done this thing, Ye shall see cold altars and shall lack both my fear and praise. I shall not wince at Your lightnings, nor be awed when Ye go by."

Time and the Gods
  • Castigear wrote:

I have a day off today. Nothing to do. Enormous backlog of games. I'm finally getting around to playing Danganronpa 2. I can never make sense of my choices.
    Is good game!

It does some stuff early on that I really don't care for, but once its got itself sorted it becomes my favourite DR game.

Just to check, have you played DR1? If not then I'd suggest playing it first.

May those who accept their fate be granted happiness;

Those who defy it, glory!
  • John wrote:

Castigear wrote:

I have a day off today. Nothing to do. Enormous backlog of games. I'm finally getting around to playing Danganronpa 2. I can never make sense of my choices.
    Is good game!
    It does some stuff early on that I really don't care for, but once its got itself sorted it becomes my favourite DR game.

I’m a continuity obsessed maniac, there’s no way I would ever play a sequel without playing its predecessors. I’m also currently playing valkyria chronicles 2 and 3 before 4 despite them not being chronological because I’m a lunatic.

I started danganronpa 2 about a year ago and then life stuff happened. I didn’t get very far and wasn’t feeling it so I’m glad to hear that it flips the script at some point.

Games like this and the zero escape series are some of my favorites.

“It is a mistake to look too far ahead. The chain of destiny can only be grasped one Link at a time.”
  • Castigear wrote:

John wrote:

Castigear wrote:

Is good game!It does some stuff early on that I really don't care for, but once its got itself sorted it becomes my favourite DR game.

I’m a continuity obsessed maniac, there’s no way I would ever play a sequel without playing its predecessors. I’m also currently playing valkyria chronicles 2 and 3 before 4 despite them not being chronological because I’m a lunatic.
    I started danganronpa 2 about a year ago and then life stuff happened. I didn’t get very far and wasn’t feeling it so I’m glad to hear that it flips the script at some point.

Games like this and the zero escape series are some of my favorites.
    Aye, when I first played DR2 it was immediately after I finished DR1, and that was a mistake. It starts off very similar and I got kinda burned out.
    But it does become very good, mostly once you come to know the characters. DR2 has probably my favourite cast in the entire series, with lots of strong personalities and fairly few just outright garbage characters (it has a few, but fewer than 1 or V3).

May those who accept their fate be granted happiness;

Those who defy it, glory!
  • @John yeah I’m always torn with sequels like this...on one hand I miss the main character/characters from the previous installment, but on the other hand I want new and different. I guess it’s the challenge of all sequels...familiar but new.

We’re about to find out.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Castigear ().

• FroyoDragon wrote:

ALttP has been thoroughly kicking my ass.

I'm getting a bit annoyed. That said, I wouldn't call it a bad game now that I'm more exposed to it.

Still not my favorite 2D Zelda tho xP
    A Link to the Past set the standard for modern two-dimensional Zelda games, but compared to later entries it's kind of bland. It's a technical showcase, but lacks the artistry of, say, Link's Awakening.
    When the gods drave me forth to toil and assailed me with thirst and beat me down with hunger, then I prayed to the gods. When the gods smote the cities wherein I dwelt, and when Their anger scorched me and Their eyes burned, then did I praise the gods and offer sacrifice. But when I came again to my green land and found that all was gone, and the old mysterious haunts wherein I prayed as a child were gone, and when the gods tore up the dust and even the spider's web from the last remembered nook, then did I curse the gods, speaking it to Their faces, saying:—

"Gods of my prayers! Gods of my sacrifice! because Ye have forgotten the sacred places of my childhood, and they have therefore ceased to be, yet may I not forget. Because Ye have done this thing, Ye shall see cold altars and shall lack both my fear and praise. I shall not wince at Your lightnings, nor be awed when Ye go by."

Time and the Gods