Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
  • Multi
What game(s) are you currently playing?
  • .Hog wrote:

Bartimaeus Sex wrote:

I’ve been messing around with Ages doing some rom editing. Planning to make a short game with some new areas, probably 4-5 dungeons that I’ve made adjustments to.
    I'd love to play if it comes to fruition!

Finally popped Persona 5 in my PS4 again. It's so funky; I forgot how much I love the music.

Also, I picked up Octopath Traveler. Playing as Olberic is fun, and I feel that I'll enjoy playing all 8 stories. But I probably won't get to all of them for another few years. Life gets in the way when you get older kids, lol, cherish it now.

I keep bouncing from game to game. Maybe one day I'll finish Yakuza 0, Celeste, Sonic Mania, Turok, and so on and so forth...
    youre backlog looks like mine. i still need to finish octopath, yakuza kiwami, and about a dozen other rpgs.

Jackos wrote:

Castigear wrote:

In the evenings before bed I’m finally getting around to playing Valkyria Chronicles 2 on the psp. After that I got my hands on a copy of vc3 so I’m gonna load up the English fan translation of that, and then I’ll finally be ready for vc4 on the ps4.

I know they’re not chronological, but gameplay is always refined theough sequels, and I don’t want to play four and then go back and 2&3 feel archaic.
    Just an FYI, you only need to play VC1 to understand 3 and 4, 2 is completely unnecessary unless you want to experience the high school shenanigans injected into it. If anything I'd recommend to play 1 and then 4 because of how similar they are (and they along with 3 are just different fronts of the same conflict).
    Heck 4 outright drops a ton of changes done in 2 and 3 anyways so it doesn't feel all that different. The only thing that would feel as an outright downgrade are the graphics (which are practically the same between 1 and 4 anyways) and map size since they had to segment them for the portable entries (and I guess tank balance, since IIRC they're only great on 4 due to Command Point economy).
    Oh I know. but the truth is I'm just a completionist that way. plus I like the classroom shenanigans. The Mana Khemia games are among my favorites, not to mention Cold Steel. I'm enjoying it so far. The original I played back when it first came out...I just really like the aesthetic of them all.
    My philosophy on the timeline now is the same as Winston Churchill’s:

“It is a mistake to look too far ahead. The chain of destiny can only be grasped one Link at a time.”
  • Dark Miku Reigns wrote:

I'm playing P5 for the first time ever!
    Nice!

Since I have my PSP out, I also reinstalled Persona 2 Innocent sin. I barely remember it. Considering popping in Persona 3 Portable.

Atlus really needs to remaster at least 3 & 4 for the new fans P5 created.
    My philosophy on the timeline now is the same as Winston Churchill’s:

“It is a mistake to look too far ahead. The chain of destiny can only be grasped one Link at a time.”
  • Bartimaeus Sex wrote:

About 90% of the way through Fire Emblem 7. As much as people talk about FE8 being too easy, I’ve had even less trouble on this one. Lyn died once early on, but I haven’t had to reset for a character death since.
    FE 8 is way more forgiving of mistakes because you can grind XP in the random battles and it's pretty easy to overlevel.

But if you're not making many mistakes in the first place and you're not overleveling, that difference is fairly moot.
  • I cleared Sacred Stones as my first FE game without even knowing what I was doing because Seth exists, that should say something about its difficulty. Also at least FE7 has a moderately challenging Hard Mode in Hector's Mode (though its unlocking requirements are absurd and Battle Before Dawn is an RNG fest that can go to hell right along with Awakening's Lunatic+ for all I care) unlike FE8's which is kind of laughable for a highest difficulty setting at least.

I'm trying to solo an Eidolon Teralyst on Warframe since I heard the hunting community in general is unbelievably toxic, it's fun trying to take down that titan alone but I've failed twice on the final phase when it was almost dead, gotta keep practicing I guess.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Jackos ().

• Playinf Fallout 76 the last few days. It's actually not as bad as reviews make it out to be. Sure, maybe it should have been better at launch, but it's a fun time waster regardless and I play completely solo so far. It's obviously way better with friends, but it's not bad solo either.

To me it's underrated. No buyer's remorse at all - I was fully planning to play for an hour and dropping it if it sucked completely but it really doesn't, and I feel the press are giving people exactly what they want, the next big "scandal", when it's in reality passable. Not great of course, but it's way better than most "survival" games out there that get much better ratings somehow, and it does have quite a bit of content though I can see it getting repetitive later.

It also has some strong points like the leveling system and crafting. On the bad side, gameplay is laggy so it kinda sucks if you want to play it as an FPS but as an RPG it is quite fun so far.

Now, I am not sure if I would recommend it, maybe I just happen to be the sort of person this game appeals to, but if you can find it cheap like I did, and you like the exploration in Fallout mainly, and also leveling up and crafting gear, it's likely that you will enjoy this to an extent.
    "Can't post that on a Christian forum."
  • Max N. wrote:

That's fair, I think FE8 might have been the start of the new trend in Fire Emblem to make the Jeigan characters actually decent. They're still XP sponges that can gimp your army by ruining xp dstribution if you overuse them too early though.
    That actually started back in FE4! The Oifey (after the eponymous FE4 character) archetype is a subset of Jeigans in that, while as you said they can still be detrimental to your army by hogging XP weaker units need, they have at least passable growth rates that allow them to remain useful throughout the game, unlike a Jeigan whose growth potential is horrid (though even they have their uses, as Jackos said).
  • Please Understand wrote:

Playinf Fallout 76 the last few days. It's actually not as bad as reviews make it out to be. Sure, maybe it should have been better at launch, but it's a fun time waster regardless and I play completely solo so far. It's obviously way better with friends, but it's not bad solo either.

To me it's underrated. No buyer's remorse at all - I was fully planning to play for an hour and dropping it if it sucked completely but it really doesn't, and I feel the press are giving people exactly what they want, the next big "scandal", when it's in reality passable. Not great of course, but it's way better than most "survival" games out there that get much better ratings somehow, and it does have quite a bit of content though I can see it getting repetitive later.

It also has some strong points like the leveling system and crafting. On the bad side, gameplay is laggy so it kinda sucks if you want to play it as an FPS but as an RPG it is quite fun so far.

Now, I am not sure if I would recommend it, maybe I just happen to be the sort of person this game appeals to, but if you can find it cheap like I did, and you like the exploration in Fallout mainly, and also leveling up and crafting gear, it's likely that you will enjoy this to an extent.
    I agree with this completely. Honestly I'd probably give this game a 6.5 or a 7 out of ten with room to improve. Already their future patches look like the game will definitely trend in a positive direction. And the community of the game (not the fallout community, but the people who play 76) are actually super cool. I've had some fun experiences like helping low level players find secret rooms and stuff :p

What system do you play for? Zoraluigi and I both play on PS4 and you're welcome to join us sometime if you can
  • john_marston wrote:

Started Fire Emblem Fates. I have the special edition, thought it would let me pick if I wanted to start with Conquest or Birthright, but an hour in and it's just like a normal FE game. Did they merge the games into one for the special edition?
    Yes, you make the choice in the game instead of it being predetermined for you.
    "Can't post that on a Christian forum."
  • Persona 3 and 5 Dancing [Moon / Star] Night.

So far they're fun, though I'm not sure why they put the remixes first and had you have to unlock the base songs. It's also kinda wild that all the Persona dancing games are in-canon with each other.

Persona 5 (not dancing) Ending Spoilers
    Akechi is also kinda hilarious. You can see the seams where his status as DLC means he doesn't quite fit right (well, other than the other reasons he doesn't fit right), and it's hilarious to have him doing interjections/commentary on other people's dancing, because it's just so wrong to have him be "one of the gang", given when the game is set.

Also, his dance has him gradually becoming more and more openly evil as it goes on, and your teammates just keep going "Wow! Great dancing!" while he's raving about the awesome power flowing through himself in a creepy voice.

I also like that they just handwave why Justine and Caroline are back. "Eh, we can just separate ourselves when we want now, no big."

Also gone back to Tokyo Xanadu eX+. It continues to be a game with fun combat and a story that really, really, wants to be Persona but isn't there. :P The PC port also defaults to the absolute most ridiculous gamepad bindings (at least when using a DS4, might work better on an XBoxen one) I've had to remap buttons so many times just so that I can end up with a control scheme that works, because there are more inputs than there are buttons on a gamepad, so you have to figure out which ones can be double-mapped without breaking.

Still, despite the control issues it's fun. The plot is kinda urban-fantasy fluff that wants to be character driven but has yet to really make me care about the characters, but it's not bad, it's just mostly kinda there. The dungeon combat is great, with a big emphasis on quickly switching between characters to do extra damage and keep your hit combos going. There's an excess of special abilities (3, all mapped to different dedicated buttons and all of which charge up using different meters) but otherwise it's good, mostly-mindless hack-and-slash fun.

May those who accept their fate be granted happiness;

Those who defy it, glory!

The post was edited 2 times, last by John ().